Shipping through USPS not UPS?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Shipping through USPS not UPS?

Kelly Taranto
Good afternoon! I've noticed on a few orders that the shipping vendor switches from UPS to "Mail Innovations" (which I'm assuming is the post office). I've seen this switch in vendors leads to a delay in the shipping for a few of my own orders, and now I have an unhappy customer who placed an order on 11/15 and she still hasn't received her order. When I last checked the tracking for her it said it as moved from 11/20 to 11/24 (UPS) and today when I checked it says "Ready to Go" and has moved to Mail Innovations. GRRRRR. Shipping has always been the only sore point I have with Stampin' Up! because it is so expensive but takes so long to arrive on the east coast.  I just wondered if anyone else was seeing this happen?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Shipping through USPS not UPS?

Connie Babbert

Hi Kelly,

Yes, shipments less than one pound will be transferred to Mail Innovations or SurePost and does always take 1-2 days longer than UPS to reach me in Ohio.  I always make sure to add a package of cardstock when I can to make sure it is over that weight.  Hard when it is a customer, though.  And...although aggravating, this is the time of year that the post office is slower because volume increases.

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 4:24 PM Kelly Taranto [via SUDSOL] <ml%2Bs1100894n56429h6@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
Good afternoon! I've noticed on a few orders that the shipping vendor switches from UPS to "Mail Innovations" (which I'm assuming is the post office). I've seen this switch in vendors leads to a delay in the shipping for a few of my own orders, and now I have an unhappy customer who placed an order on 11/15 and she still hasn't received her order. When I last checked the tracking for her it said it as moved from 11/20 to 11/24 (UPS) and today when I checked it says "Ready to Go" and has moved to Mail Innovations. GRRRRR. Shipping has always been the only sore point I have with Stampin' Up! because it is so expensive but takes so long to arrive on the east coast.  I just wondered if anyone else was seeing this happen?

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.sudsol.org/Shipping-through-USPS-not-UPS-tp56429.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h0@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
NAML

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Connie R. Babbert
Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator
My Blog:  www.inkspiredtreasures.com
Shop ONLINE 24/7 at iluvstamping.stampinup.net
Reply | Threaded
|

Kelly Taranto

Thank you so much Connie. I had no idea this was happening! (I guess usually orders are much heavier. ha!)

Great tip on adding a pack of cardstock...

Thanks for the info!
Kelly

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 4:34 PM Connie Babbert [via SUDSOL] <ml%2Bs1100894n56430h26@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
Hi Kelly,

Yes, shipments less than one pound will be transferred to Mail Innovations or SurePost and does always take 1-2 days longer than UPS to reach me in Ohio.  I always make sure to add a package of cardstock when I can to make sure it is over that weight.  Hard when it is a customer, though.  And...although aggravating, this is the time of year that the post office is slower because volume increases.

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 4:24 PM Kelly Taranto [via SUDSOL] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good afternoon! I've noticed on a few orders that the shipping vendor switches from UPS to "Mail Innovations" (which I'm assuming is the post office). I've seen this switch in vendors leads to a delay in the shipping for a few of my own orders, and now I have an unhappy customer who placed an order on 11/15 and she still hasn't received her order. When I last checked the tracking for her it said it as moved from 11/20 to 11/24 (UPS) and today when I checked it says "Ready to Go" and has moved to Mail Innovations. GRRRRR. Shipping has always been the only sore point I have with Stampin' Up! because it is so expensive but takes so long to arrive on the east coast.  I just wondered if anyone else was seeing this happen?

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email [hidden email]
NAML

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Connie R. Babbert
Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator
My Blog:  www.inkspiredtreasures.com
Shop ONLINE 24/7 at iluvstamping.stampinup.net

http://forum.sudsol.org/Shipping-through-USPS-not-UPS-tp56429p56430.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h89@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Shipping through USPS not UPS?

Dena Lenneman
In reply to this post by Kelly Taranto

My Paper Pumpkin kits come by Mail Innovations as well. One of my customers has hers delivered to my house and her November kit arrived on Friday. Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow but who knows if it will show up. They are not very dependable at any time of year!

Dena
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denalennemanstampinup

Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2020 3:23 PM
To: dena@lenneman.com
Subject: Shipping through USPS not UPS?

Good afternoon! I've noticed on a few orders that the shipping vendor switches from UPS to "Mail Innovations" (which I'm assuming is the post office). I've seen this switch in vendors leads to a delay in the shipping for a few of my own orders, and now I have an unhappy customer who placed an order on 11/15 and she still hasn't received her order. When I last checked the tracking for her it said it as moved from 11/20 to 11/24 (UPS) and today when I checked it says "Ready to Go" and has moved to Mail Innovations. GRRRRR. Shipping has always been the only sore point I have with Stampin' Up! because it is so expensive but takes so long to arrive on the east coast.  I just wondered if anyone else was seeing this happen?

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h96@.nabble
NAML

Dena
Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Stitt
In reply to this post by Kelly Taranto

I phoned DS yesterday with this same complaint!  Orders appear to still be 
sitting on loading dock since the 16th.  Yes, Mail Innovations which I hate!
Keep telling DS.  Told her I have two unhappy customers who have not received
Orders and probably will not this week. They are pleasant, but can tell they are
Unconcerned.  One gal who placed a sizeable order had planned to spend the
Weekend at home making Christmas cards.  I’ve worked so hard to convince
Her to use SU cardstock and envys.  Now she’s ordered and not getting them!
I lost so many customers over the past trimmer that I wish SU would get their act together.  Site was having problems at 2:10 this morning!  Would not accept item numbers.  Finally went back to work.  Anyone else have that problem?

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 24, 2020, at 4:24 PM, Kelly Taranto [via SUDSOL] <ml+s1100894n56429h45@.nabble> wrote:

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h39@.nabble
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Shipping through USPS not UPS?

Nola Burkhard

There have been times when I have noticed my pumpkin boxes are very slow in coming, but overall i am pretty pleased with the delivery times of orders, and so have my customers, esp. this crazy year. I have not had one complaint from any of my customers.

I never ever put in an order or try to soon after OEX opens for any new product, catalog, etc. as there ALWAYS seems to be a hick-up. I’m more inclined to put in my first orders after I have lunch as then I’m pretty assured that all issues have been resolved.

Hopefully next year will be a better year, we just have to have faith and be extra patient.

Nola, Prescott, AZ

On Nov 24, 2020, at 4:49 PM, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n56433h99@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com?subject=Re:%20Shipping%20through%20USPS%20not%20UPS?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com

Orders and probably will not this week. They are pleasant, but can tell they are
I lost so many customers over the past trimmer that I wish SU would get their act together.  Site was having problems at 2:10 this morning!  Would not accept item numbers.  Finally went back to work.  Anyone else have that problem?

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 24, 2020, at 4:24 PM, Kelly Taranto [via SUDSOL] <ml+s1100894n56429h45@.nabble> wrote:

NAML

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Stitt, please change the email address to: Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Shipping-through-USPS-not-UPS-tp56429p56433.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com

Nola J. Burkhard
Prescott, AZ
978-846-2046
nolaburkhard@icloud.com
SU! Demo since 2005
Etsy shop: Inkonmypaws

Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Stitt

My customer in Denver has had no problems with mail Innovations.  East
Seems to be worst.  Guess closer to SU works best.  My Paper Pumpkin
Is always very late - except this month!  So who knows.  Postman told me
Today that PO is so overloaded with so many ordering online!  

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 24, 2020, at 7:06 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n56434h0@.nabble> wrote:

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Re: SU!: Shipping through USPS not UPS?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@

There have been times when I have noticed my pumpkin boxes are very slow in coming, but overall i am pretty pleased with the delivery times of orders, and so have my customers, esp. this crazy year. I have not had one complaint from any of my customers.

I never ever put in an order or try to soon after OEX opens for any new product, catalog, etc. as there ALWAYS seems to be a hick-up. I’m more inclined to put in my first orders after I have lunch as then I’m pretty assured that all issues have been resolved.

Hopefully next year will be a better year, we just have to have faith and be extra patient.

Nola, Prescott, AZ

On Nov 24, 2020, at 4:49 PM, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n56433h99@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com?subject=Re:%20Shipping%20through%20USPS%20not%20UPS?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com

Sent from my iPad

NAML

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Stitt, please change the email address to: Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Shipping-through-USPS-not-UPS-tp56429p56433.html

Nola J. Burkhard
Prescott, AZ
978-846-2046
nolaburkhard@icloud.com
SU! Demo since 2005

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Shipping-through-USPS-not-UPS-tp56429p56434.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

Stampin’ Up! is processing orders as quickly as they have been. My Online Extravaganza order already has a tracking number!

Our main post office recently hired additional staff because our August mail numbers were higher than last Christmas! Any issues we have now (on Guam) are due to the reduction of flights and cargo space on the planes. Totally out of Stampin’ Up!’s hands.

Happy Stampin’~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

On Nov 25, 2020, at 11:01 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n56436h48@.nabble> wrote:

Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Shipping through USPS not UPS?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Tnstampingranny@

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 24, 2020, at 7:06 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n56434h0@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@

Nola, Prescott, AZ

Sent from my iPad

NAML

Nola J. Burkhard
Prescott, AZ
978-846-2046
nolaburkhard@icloud.com
SU! Demo since 2005

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Shipping-through-USPS-not-UPS-tp56429p56434.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Shipping-through-USPS-not-UPS-tp56429p56436.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Phyllis Strickland

Shipping is an issue on the East coast, or at least in the Philly area, especially with mail innovation.  I groan every time I see MI shipping. Su shipping is more expensive and much slower than they are accustomed to with other online companies. I often get text messages asking is it here yet.  I buy from some other companies based in Utah and I’m always surprised how fast things get here even when I choose slow mail not priority.   When ppl  have placed large orders, I tend to use an expedited shipping option. It’s worth to get things to them faster

Phyllis

On Nov 24, 2020, at 10:04 PM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n56437h81@.nabble> wrote:

Stampinmia@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Shipping through USPS not UPS?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Stampinmia@

Stampin’ Up! is processing orders as quickly as they have been. My Online Extravaganza order already has a tracking number!

Our main post office recently hired additional staff because our August mail numbers were higher than last Christmas! Any issues we have now (on Guam) are due to the reduction of flights and cargo space on the planes. Totally out of Stampin’ Up!’s hands.

Happy Stampin’~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

On Nov 25, 2020, at 11:01 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n56436h48@.nabble> wrote:

Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Shipping through USPS not UPS?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Tnstampingranny@

Sent from my iPad

Nola, Prescott, AZ

Sent from my iPad

NAML

Nola J. Burkhard
Prescott, AZ
978-846-2046
nolaburkhard@icloud.com
SU! Demo since 2005

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Shipping-through-USPS-not-UPS-tp56429p56436.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: Stampinmia@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Shipping-through-USPS-not-UPS-tp56429p56437.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h27@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Walsh

I too have been expediting my orders paying for second day air shipping. It's worth keeping my couple of faithful customers happy. 

On Wed, Nov 25, 2020, 3:13 AM SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n56441h23@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
pstrickland@me.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Shipping+through+USPS+not+UPS?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

Shipping is an issue on the East coast, or at least in the Philly area, especially with mail innovation.  I groan every time I see MI shipping. Su shipping is more expensive and much slower than they are accustomed to with other online companies. I often get text messages asking is it here yet.  I buy from some other companies based in Utah and I’m always surprised how fast things get here even when I choose slow mail not priority.   When ppl  have placed large orders, I tend to use an expedited shipping option. It’s worth to get things to them faster

Phyllis

On Nov 24, 2020, at 10:04 PM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n56437h81@.nabble> wrote:

Stampinmia@...?subject=Re: SU!: Shipping through USPS not UPS?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Stampinmia@

Happy Stampin’~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

Tnstampingranny@...?subject=Re: SU!: Shipping through USPS not UPS?

My customer in Denver has had no problems with mail Innovations.  East
Seems to be worst.  Guess closer to SU works best.  My Paper Pumpkin
Is always very late - except this month!  So who knows.  Postman told me

Sent from my iPad

Nolaburkhard@...?subject=Re: SU!: Shipping through USPS not UPS?

Nola, Prescott, AZ

On Nov 24, 2020, at 4:49 PM, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n56433h99@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Tnstampingranny@...?subject=Re:%20Shipping%20through%20USPS%20not%20UPS?

I phoned DS yesterday with this same complaint!  Orders appear to still be 
sitting on loading dock since the 16th.  Yes, Mail Innovations which I hate!
Keep telling DS.  Told her I have two unhappy customers who have not received
Unconcerned.  One gal who placed a sizeable order had planned to spend the
Weekend at home making Christmas cards.  I’ve worked so hard to convince
Her to use SU cardstock and envys.  Now she’s ordered and not getting them!
I lost so many customers over the past trimmer that I wish SU would get their act together.  Site was having problems at 2:10 this morning!  Would not accept item numbers.  Finally went back to work.  Anyone else have that problem?

Sent from my iPad

NAML

To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml%2Bs1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com

Nola J. Burkhard
Prescott, AZ
978-846-2046
nolaburkhard@icloud.com
SU! Demo since 2005

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: Stampinmia@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Shipping-through-USPS-not-UPS-tp56429p56437.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h27@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Shipping-through-USPS-not-UPS-tp56429p56441.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h45@n7.nabble.com