classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Sharing Our New Business Goals

Charlotte Lindmeier
Hello everyone,
This week we have some great ideas shared by our demonstrators. There are really good ideas in this list.  Why not try a few? A big thank you to all who shared. We have many good ideas to pick from this week.
Our winner this week is Chris Hnatiuk.  She wins a week of FREE SUDSOL this week.

Our Question this week was:
Do you have any new business goals with this new catalog? Please share.
My new business plan this year is to start a Facebook Business page. I’ll give weekly Facebook live videos to my stampers and friends.
Mine is to continue to hold Zoom meetings to get the gals far and near together. At least for now, every other month.
Because the new catalogue launched during the COVID crisis, I have several new goals!
One is to develop a Facebook Business page, which for me will be an undertaking, as I am not quick to learn all about that tech-y stuff.

I would also like to develop a Facebook place, or some other sharing site where my downline and I can share and communicate. (just a handful of gals)

Thirdly, I'd like to begin Zoom club meetings to get my gals back at having a social experience (on a much reduced level, of course) as well as continue to learn new techniques, card folds and see the new product.  The challenge will be to design cards that will allow them to insert their own stamps.  To kick it off, I'd like to give them a card layout/sketch challenge, and have them prepare some of it ahead of time so while we finish it off, and assemble it, we can chat a bit.  

Another goal will be to try "Product-Based" classes.  I would center the class on a bundle/suite and make up choices from basic to deluxe.

Lastly, I would like to consider a Cardstock Share, as many of my ladies would buy more coloured cardstock if they didn't have to buy such a large pack.  Maybe 8 sheets of an assortment of colours would be more practical to them.  I guess I'll have to try!
My goal is to make a video to post on my fb page at least twice a month. I plan to highlight different ways to use a single stampset/suite.
My goal is to finally make a video.  I have all of the necessary equipment, now I just need to conquer my fear of making and posting one.
I’m still a little nervous doing them.  I set up a group called video practice on FB.  I am the ONLY member and it’s a secret group so no one can find it but me.

You can practice live videos.  When you are finished recording be sure to click on share instead of delete.  It only shares it in your group of one, so no one but you can see it. 

But, you’ll be able to watch it to see what changes you might want to make. You can always delete the post when you’re finished with it.

This gives you a chance to get familiar with your equipment and the process, and maybe get rid of a little of the stage fright before trying something in your “real” groups.
I wonder if you can also do that on YouTube.
With being in the middle of moving… I plan on keeping up my blog in various ways and staying in contact with my customers who are long distance. I had not started my business where I am yet, and could not have classes here now anyway. My DBWS and Blog is what adds new business for me now. I have not ventured into videos yet. But once I get my feet wet, I’m sure I’ll love it. But at the moment, I’m scared stiff, and that is not normally me…

Thank you Jeanne for your tips. I’m trying to move away from FB and finding it very difficult even though I never received a new customer from there. I have my regular customers and fellow demonstrators follow my business page. But SU has groups on fb, so it forces me to log on which I don’t appreciate. Ugh…
I have just begun with videos and I keep the videos unlisted and only send the links to my Core group of customers/supporters.  They have been wonderful giving me good feedback. 
I found at first I would play it back and sometimes delete and start over.  It’s taken about 2 weeks and 10 videos to get comfortable.  I think it’s called practice, practice.  I also think I was being too critical of myself. 

I keep the name and the link to them in an Excel spreadsheet. 
For my customers that have Excel I just send out the spreadsheet with “New” in the Comments column so they know what I’ve just added. 
For those that do not have excel, I have a master document in Word that I can copy into an email. 
FYI links will not work if you make it an Adobe Reader file (.pdf). 

Just go for it.  I know we all have customers we really like and they like us back.  I know they’ll help you.
I just started a FB Business page which is way out of my comfort zone. I have posted  a couple of videos already but have not tried to do a FBLive video yet so that is my one of my goals. Another one is to have another Zoom meeting with my customers. I did one to launch the new cattie which my customers loved and they all placed an order after that so it was really successful for me. They want to do another Zoom but I need to come up with an easy way to do this. Last time people picked up their kits ahead of time and I delivered some too but that was a lot of work so I’m hoping to learn here how other demos run their online classes.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Sharing Our New Business Goals

Chris Hnatiuk

Charlotte, thanks for drawing my name!  SO excited to win something!

Cheers,
Chris

From: "SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n54118h2@.nabble>
To: "Chris HNATIUK" <chriserendipity@>
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2020 10:20:43 AM
Subject: SU!: Sharing Our New Business Goals

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Sharing%20Our%20New%20Business%20Goals
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Hello everyone,
This week we have some great ideas shared by our demonstrators. There are really good ideas in this list.  Why not try a few? A big thank you to all who shared. We have many good ideas to pick from this week.
Our winner this week is Chris Hnatiuk.  She wins a week of FREE SUDSOL this week.

Our Question this week was:
Do you have any new business goals with this new catalog? Please share.
My new business plan this year is to start a Facebook Business page. I’ll give weekly Facebook live videos to my stampers and friends.
Mine is to continue to hold Zoom meetings to get the gals far and near together. At least for now, every other month.
Because the new catalogue launched during the COVID crisis, I have several new goals!
One is to develop a Facebook Business page, which for me will be an undertaking, as I am not quick to learn all about that tech-y stuff.

I would also like to develop a Facebook place, or some other sharing site where my downline and I can share and communicate. (just a handful of gals)

Thirdly, I'd like to begin Zoom club meetings to get my gals back at having a social experience (on a much reduced level, of course) as well as continue to learn new techniques, card folds and see the new product. The challenge will be to design cards that will allow them to insert their own stamps. To kick it off, I'd like to give them a card layout/sketch challenge, and have them prepare some of it ahead of time so while we finish it off, and assemble it, we can chat a bit.

Another goal will be to try "Product-Based" classes. I would center the class on a bundle/suite and make up choices from basic to deluxe.

Lastly, I would like to consider a Cardstock Share, as many of my ladies would buy more coloured cardstock if they didn't have to buy such a large pack. Maybe 8 sheets of an assortment of colours would be more practical to them. I guess I'll have to try!
My goal is to make a video to post on my fb page at least twice a month. I plan to highlight different ways to use a single stampset/suite.
My goal is to finally make a video. I have all of the necessary equipment, now I just need to conquer my fear of making and posting one.
I’m still a little nervous doing them. I set up a group called video practice on FB. I am the ONLY member and it’s a secret group so no one can find it but me.

You can practice live videos. When you are finished recording be sure to click on share instead of delete. It only shares it in your group of one, so no one but you can see it.

But, you’ll be able to watch it to see what changes you might want to make. You can always delete the post when you’re finished with it.

This gives you a chance to get familiar with your equipment and the process, and maybe get rid of a little of the stage fright before trying something in your “real” groups.
I wonder if you can also do that on YouTube.
With being in the middle of moving… I plan on keeping up my blog in various ways and staying in contact with my customers who are long distance. I had not started my business where I am yet, and could not have classes here now anyway. My DBWS and Blog is what adds new business for me now. I have not ventured into videos yet. But once I get my feet wet, I’m sure I’ll love it. But at the moment, I’m scared stiff, and that is not normally me…

Thank you Jeanne for your tips. I’m trying to move away from FB and finding it very difficult even though I never received a new customer from there. I have my regular customers and fellow demonstrators follow my business page. But SU has groups on fb, so it forces me to log on which I don’t appreciate. Ugh…
I have just begun with videos and I keep the videos unlisted and only send the links to my Core group of customers/supporters. They have been wonderful giving me good feedback.
I found at first I would play it back and sometimes delete and start over. It’s taken about 2 weeks and 10 videos to get comfortable. I think it’s called practice, practice. I also think I was being too critical of myself.

I keep the name and the link to them in an Excel spreadsheet.
For my customers that have Excel I just send out the spreadsheet with “New” in the Comments column so they know what I’ve just added.
For those that do not have excel, I have a master document in Word that I can copy into an email.
FYI links will not work if you make it an Adobe Reader file (.pdf).

Just go for it. I know we all have customers we really like and they like us back. I know they’ll help you.
I just started a FB Business page which is way out of my comfort zone. I have posted a couple of videos already but have not tried to do a FBLive video yet so that is my one of my goals. Another one is to have another Zoom meeting with my customers. I did one to launch the new cattie which my customers loved and they all placed an order after that so it was really successful for me. They want to do another Zoom but I need to come up with an easy way to do this. Last time people picked up their kits ahead of time and I delivered some too but that was a lot of work so I’m hoping to learn here how other demos run their online classes.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sharing-Our-New-Business-Goals-tp54118.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h37@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Sharing Our New Business Goals

Charlotte Lindmeier
Keep sharing and you will have more chances of winning more free time.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week