classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Sharing Art Projects

Charlotte Lindmeier
Hello everyone,
A big thank you to all who shared this week. I plan to make at least two of the ideas shared.  Hope you try at least one also. Our winner of the FREE WEEK of SUDSOL is Jan Grant.

Our question this week is:
Are you making any art projects with your SU materials other than cards and scrapbooks? Like something for Thanksgiving or Christmas decor? Please share ideas.
I often make table settings decor, Christmas tree decorations and framed art over the holiday season.
I’ve been making DSP wreathes using 8” and 10” styrofoam wreath forms from HL or Mikes (aka Michaels).  Easy peasy.  I’ll get one or two posted on the Sudsol board tomorrow. I even have one personal class request and have sold another (Halloween DSP) to a local friend.

I just added 4 DSP wreaths and one Christmas Countdown home decor box to Sudsol’s pin boards.  They’re on my 2020 Ideas Board.  (PINBoard Guru—you’re welcome to move them to any other appropriate board.  I’m way out of practice in this realm sadly.
I am making a 8 by 10 white framed snow man in December. After the Christmas holiday the house seems bare and  he will brighten the winter days till Valentines Day. 
I did a 12x12 frame with a fall theme as a Specialty Class.  It had
nine 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 squares. I used 3 different autumn sets: Autumn
Goodness, Gather Together and Forever Fern (bit of a stretch for
fall, but it worked well with the other sets.  Primary colors used were:
Early Espresso, Mint Macaron, and Terra Cotta Tile with a couple more
accent colors.  Lots of fun and the ladies LOVED it !
I made something similar to these years ago at a scrapbook day sponsored by a local stamp club. The security guard at my school put 36 of them together to pass out to staff for Halloween. She also made bookmarks from the excess DSP.

(Go back to the original post to see the pictures.)
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Sharing Art Projects

grantj

Thanks! I love free stuff!

Jan Grant
Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 25, 2020, at 12:41 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n56073h62@.nabble> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Sharing Art Projects
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Hello everyone,
A big thank you to all who shared this week. I plan to make at least two of the ideas shared.  Hope you try at least one also. Our winner of the FREE WEEK of SUDSOL is Jan Grant.

Our question this week is:
Are you making any art projects with your SU materials other than cards and scrapbooks? Like something for Thanksgiving or Christmas decor? Please share ideas.
I often make table settings decor, Christmas tree decorations and framed art over the holiday season.
I’ve been making DSP wreathes using 8” and 10” styrofoam wreath forms from HL or Mikes (aka Michaels). Easy peasy. I’ll get one or two posted on the Sudsol board tomorrow. I even have one personal class request and have sold another (Halloween DSP) to a local friend.

I just added 4 DSP wreaths and one Christmas Countdown home decor box to Sudsol’s pin boards. They’re on my 2020 Ideas Board. (PINBoard Guru—you’re welcome to move them to any other appropriate board. I’m way out of practice in this realm sadly.
I am making a 8 by 10 white framed snow man in December. After the Christmas holiday the house seems bare and he will brighten the winter days till Valentines Day.
I did a 12x12 frame with a fall theme as a Specialty Class. It had
nine 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 squares. I used 3 different autumn sets: Autumn
Goodness, Gather Together and Forever Fern (bit of a stretch for
fall, but it worked well with the other sets. Primary colors used were:
Early Espresso, Mint Macaron, and Terra Cotta Tile with a couple more
accent colors. Lots of fun and the ladies LOVED it !
I made something similar to these years ago at a scrapbook day sponsored by a local stamp club. The security guard at my school put 36 of them together to pass out to staff for Halloween. She also made bookmarks from the excess DSP.

(Go back to the original post to see the pictures.)
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sharing-Art-Projects-tp56073.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.