Shared Organization Tips from SUDSOL Members

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Shared Organization Tips from SUDSOL Members

Charlotte Lindmeier
We had a lot of  responses shared this week.  Lots of good ideas. Thanks to those who shared with the rest of us.
Our winner of one week of FREE SUDSOL is Becky Cummins.

Our question this week was:
Do you have any new organizing tips to share with the rest of us?
I keep scraps of cardstock in  our 6 x 9" cello bags, one for each color. I am fortunate to have hanging files in which to keep my 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock so keep the cello bag of scraps in with that color of cardstock. I have 12" x 12" plastic paper files that fit into paper holders like seen here https://www.amazon.com/Storage-Studios-3-Pack-Inches-CH92602/dp/B009MRKWFK/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=12+x+12+paper+files&qid=1613516099&sr=8-3 for my 12"x 12" cardstock and dsp. I keep the scraps in the file with the paper.
My scraps go right back in the package with the card stock. If I cut a card base and only use one I fold the other half of the card stock and put that in a container I use for card bases only.  That way I don’t have to go cut a new one when I need to make a quick card. I also have the 1/2 inch and 1 inch strips in a can on my desk.  When I get too many I use them to stamp sentiments to make banners or make backgrounds for my cards with the strips. Helps me to make use of my scraps more. If I’m really behind I take the strips with me to Ronald McDonald House and have them use the strips to make backgrounds for their cards. Fun to see the color combinations they make.
When I am doing a workshop/party, etc - I use a specific tote for each project (I got matching 31 caddies). As I make/design the project I drop the items used into the tote. Then I know I won't forget everything! One tote per project - holds all the cardstock, stamps, inks, etc that I need.
The ones I have aren’t available anymore – but there are so many cute options (and honestly – a lot at Walmart/target, etc).  The ones I use are not the big totes, but more like their little caddies. Small, easy to store (the push down flat).   

The ones I think would work well now (if I didn’t already have mine) are:
        • Fold N File
        • Double Duty
        • Get Creative
        • Little Carry All

Fun that you can also get them embroidered too.

If you don’t have a 31 consultant – I have a friend who is a SU! demo and 31 consultant I can hook you up with 😊
I also use Thirty-One totes for storage.  I really like the cubes for storing DSP.
Like Patti, I put all the pieces to each project in a tote but I use rectangular food storage containers.
Upon receiving new stamps and dies, I cross reference each by putting a label
Onto insert with the opposing names.  Example:  matches Xyz/#/catty on
Stamp set.  Then xyz/#/catty on die set.  If anything happens to me, my 
Granddaughter can easily match up and sell together.  A lot easier for me 
As well!
Barbara’s tip reminded me of something else I do.  I keep my dies that are specific to a stamp set inside the stamp set case.  I purchased magnet sheets from Amazon that fit perfectly in our cases and are peel and stick.  I stick the magnet in the front cover, attach the dies, and then cover it with the paper die insert, so the dies don’t come into contact with the stamps.  Works great! 
Here’s the link for the magnetic sheets I use.

https://www.amazon.com/Marietta-Magnetics-Magnetic-Sheets-Adhesive/dp/B013KQANKM/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=marietta+magnetics+5x7&qid=1613756388&sprefix=mariett&sr=8-6

They also come in 50 and 100.  Be sure to get the adhesive ones.  And, they are made in the USA!
I don’t think this is new, but storing scraps always seems to be a problem.  I transfer my 8-1/2” x 11” cardstock to our large cello bags, then place my cardstock scraps in the same bag.  Works like a charm for me.
The other day you talked about magnet sheets that you got from Amazon.  I have done the same thing by putting the dies in the stamp case, but have used magnetic register covers that I have to cut to size.  Can you tell me what the brand is from Amazon and the specifics for ordering.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Shared Organization Tips from SUDSOL Members

Becky Cummins

WOW!!  That is a real surprise!  Thank you so much.  I truly love this Sudsol group.

Becky in Battle Creek

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n57576h74@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <Firstgr22@>
Sent: Sun, Feb 21, 2021 11:54 am
Subject: SU!: Shared Organization Tips from SUDSOL Members

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Shared Organization Tips from SUDSOL Members
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

We had a lot of  responses shared this week.  Lots of good ideas. Thanks to those who shared with the rest of us.
Our winner of one week of FREE SUDSOL is Becky Cummins.

Our question this week was:
Do you have any new organizing tips to share with the rest of us?
I keep scraps of cardstock in our 6 x 9" cello bags, one for each color. I am fortunate to have hanging files in which to keep my 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock so keep the cello bag of scraps in with that color of cardstock. I have 12" x 12" plastic paper files that fit into paper holders like seen here https://www.amazon.com/Storage-Studios-3-Pack-Inches-CH92602/dp/B009MRKWFK/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=12+x+12+paper+files&qid=1613516099&sr=8-3 for my 12"x 12" cardstock and dsp. I keep the scraps in the file with the paper.
My scraps go right back in the package with the card stock. If I cut a card base and only use one I fold the other half of the card stock and put that in a container I use for card bases only.  That way I don’t have to go cut a new one when I need to make a quick card. I also have the 1/2 inch and 1 inch strips in a can on my desk.  When I get too many I use them to stamp sentiments to make banners or make backgrounds for my cards with the strips. Helps me to make use of my scraps more. If I’m really behind I take the strips with me to Ronald McDonald House and have them use the strips to make backgrounds for their cards. Fun to see the color combinations they make.
When I am doing a workshop/party, etc - I use a specific tote for each project (I got matching 31 caddies). As I make/design the project I drop the items used into the tote. Then I know I won't forget everything! One tote per project - holds all the cardstock, stamps, inks, etc that I need.
The ones I have aren’t available anymore – but there are so many cute options (and honestly – a lot at Walmart/target, etc). The ones I use are not the big totes, but more like their little caddies. Small, easy to store (the push down flat).

The ones I think would work well now (if I didn’t already have mine) are:
        • Fold N File
        • Double Duty
        • Get Creative
        • Little Carry All

Fun that you can also get them embroidered too.

If you don’t have a 31 consultant – I have a friend who is a SU! demo and 31 consultant I can hook you up with 😊
I also use Thirty-One totes for storage. I really like the cubes for storing DSP.
Like Patti, I put all the pieces to each project in a tote but I use rectangular food storage containers.
Upon receiving new stamps and dies, I cross reference each by putting a label
Onto insert with the opposing names. Example: matches Xyz/#/catty on
Stamp set. Then xyz/#/catty on die set. If anything happens to me, my
Granddaughter can easily match up and sell together. A lot easier for me
As well!
Barbara’s tip reminded me of something else I do. I keep my dies that are specific to a stamp set inside the stamp set case. I purchased magnet sheets from Amazon that fit perfectly in our cases and are peel and stick. I stick the magnet in the front cover, attach the dies, and then cover it with the paper die insert, so the dies don’t come into contact with the stamps. Works great!
Here’s the link for the magnetic sheets I use.

https://www.amazon.com/Marietta-Magnetics-Magnetic-Sheets-Adhesive/dp/B013KQANKM/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=marietta+magnetics+5x7&qid=1613756388&sprefix=mariett&sr=8-6

They also come in 50 and 100. Be sure to get the adhesive ones. And, they are made in the USA!
I don’t think this is new, but storing scraps always seems to be a problem. I transfer my 8-1/2” x 11” cardstock to our large cello bags, then place my cardstock scraps in the same bag. Works like a charm for me.
The other day you talked about magnet sheets that you got from Amazon. I have done the same thing by putting the dies in the stamp case, but have used magnetic register covers that I have to cut to size. Can you tell me what the brand is from Amazon and the specifics for ordering. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Shared-Organization-Tips-from-SUDSOL-Members-tp57576.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h11@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.