classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
33 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Sending Cards During This Difficult Time

Charlotte Lindmeier
Our question this week is:
Are you sending your cards to people to help them through this difficult time? How many cards have you sent?

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Sending Cards During This Difficult Time

Beth Schreiber

I’m staying on top of my birthday list this year! Finally!
I’m also donating thank you cards to a local group making masks for medical personnel. They enclose a card with an encouraging message with each order of masks delivered.

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 14, 2020, at 11:44 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52593h58@.nabble> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Sending Cards During This Difficult Time
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Are you sending your cards to people to help them through this difficult time? How many cards have you sent?

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sending-Cards-During-This-Difficult-Time-tp52593.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h68@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

QOTW: SU!: Sending Cards During This Difficult Time

Cathy Parlitsis
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier

I usually send out about 15-20 cards per month but now I’m sending TONS of cards!  Since the Quarantine (mid March in NY), I’ve sent out over 50!

Card Making is definitely keeping me sane right now. LOL!

Hope you’re all healthy!

Best,
Cathy Parlitsis
New York
Best,
Cathy Parlitsis

BLOG:  www.StampsandScrapbooks.com
Email:  Cathy@StampsandScrapbooks.com
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/stampsandscrapbooks
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/StampsandScrapbooks
Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/Cathyvp
Online Classes:  http://www.StampAcademy.com
Reply | Threaded
|

lkiers

About 60.
Lena Kiers

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 14, 2020, at 11:44 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52593h1@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sending-Cards-During-This-Difficult-Time-tp52593.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h11@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: QOTW: Sending Cards During This Difficult Time

Nancy Sutton
In reply to this post by Cathy Parlitsis

Yes , I have been sending cards.  I have sent out 45 so far and I have heard from other sources that the intended that they have helped to cheer and comfort.  Many of my friends have started to follow suit.  I hope it makes a difference and I also hope this difficult time will bring back the joy everyone feels when getting a card in the mail.  It would be a very good thing to get away from all the FB birthday greetings etc.  Just the opinion of a card maker :)  Be safe and stay healthy

On Apr 15, 2020, at 12:05 AM, SUDSOL [Cathy Parlitsis] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52595h98@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Cathy@StampsandScrapbooks.com?subject=QOTW:%20SU!:%20Sending%20Cards%20During%20This%20Difficult%20Time
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Cathy@StampsandScrapbooks.com

I usually send out about 15-20 cards per month but now I’m sending TONS of cards!  Since the Quarantine (mid March in NY), I’ve sent out over 50!

Hope you’re all healthy!

Best,
Cathy Parlitsis
New York
Best,
Cathy Parlitsis

Cathy@StampsandScrapbooks.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cathy Parlitsis, please change the email address to: Cathy@StampsandScrapbooks.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sending-Cards-During-This-Difficult-Time-tp52593p52595.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h46@n7.nabble.com

Nancy Sutton
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Kingston, Ontario
www.rainbowsandbutterflies.stampinup.net
www.facebook.com/2stamp4you
A good day always includes stamping!!
Reply | Threaded
|

grantj

Hard to count. We’ve given out 3x3 love notes with a chocolate inside to the curbside pick up people, food delivery people, store cashiers & baggers, even the people at the place we mail packages. Sent Easter cards to shut-ins, plus we’d already sent “you’re our sheep” to our shepherding list. I continue to make & send birthday cards to my staff, and even though they never say anything during the school year, EVERY one so far has sent me a text or e-mail or posted it on our school Facebook page. So I’d say I’ve sent 50-60, handed out 20.

My kids have been impressed with my creativity....I tell them, it’s because I have time!

Sent from my iPad
Jan Grant
independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860
revjanstamps@

On Apr 14, 2020, at 10:44 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52593h82@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard

So far I have sent over 2 dozen handmade cards to family, friends, and customers.
I’ve used Paper Pumpkin for some and other kits too.
Nola
Prescott,AZ

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 14, 2020, at 8:44 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52593h59@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Diane Clark

I've sent probably 50-60 including Easter cards.  My outreach has been especially to those who live alone or are in assisted living.  I write a newspaper column on gardening and get lots of magazines so I've been including articles I think would be of interest because people have more time to read.  Stuck out tongue winking eyeMaskSunglasses   Have had favorable feedback, too.  Aunt Lorraine especially liked all the articles and recipes on asparagus. I also send her crosswords out of the newspapers. She is confined to her room in assisted living and can only leave to go into the hallway to get her food trays...  

For others, I include a devotional especially if they are grieving since there are no funerals during this virus crisis.  That makes their grieving more difficult as they haven't had the love and comfort of the memorial service.  Also, some are dealing with the cremation process for the first time.  These are complicated times.

Phoning those who live alone is also something I continue to do as they especially feel disconnected.  "Reach out and touch" by cards as well as  calling is my mission of ministry these days.  diane clark

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52593h88@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <dianecl6@>
Sent: Tue, Apr 14, 2020 11:44 pm
Subject: SU!: Sending Cards During This Difficult Time

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Sending%20Cards%20During%20This%20Difficult%20Time

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h98@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

davism

I’ve spent probably 50 cards during this virus isolation. I’ve sent cards to the nursing home and also the senior citizen apartment building. These are people that would feel more isolated than families would. Mary

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 2:05 AM SUDSOL [Diane Clark] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n52600h80@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
dianecl6@aol.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Sending+Cards+During+This+Difficult+Time
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: dianecl6@aol.com

I've sent probably 50-60 including Easter cards.  My outreach has been especially to those who live alone or are in assisted living.  I write a newspaper column on gardening and get lots of magazines so I've been including articles I think would be of interest because people have more time to read.  Stuck out tongue winking eyeMaskSunglasses   Have had favorable feedback, too.  Aunt Lorraine especially liked all the articles and recipes on asparagus. I also send her crosswords out of the newspapers. She is confined to her room in assisted living and can only leave to go into the hallway to get her food trays...  

For others, I include a devotional especially if they are grieving since there are no funerals during this virus crisis.  That makes their grieving more difficult as they haven't had the love and comfort of the memorial service.  Also, some are dealing with the cremation process for the first time.  These are complicated times.

Phoning those who live alone is also something I continue to do as they especially feel disconnected.  "Reach out and touch" by cards as well as  calling is my mission of ministry these days.  diane clark

From: SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52593h88@.nabble>

clindmeier@...?subject=Sending%20Cards%20During%20This%20Difficult%20Time

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Clark, please change the email address to: dianecl6@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sending-Cards-During-This-Difficult-Time-tp52593p52600.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h73@n7.nabble.com
Mary Davis, senior supervisor
Stampin' in the Finger Lakes
2011 featured sewer at Convention
mdavis74@rochester.rr.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Ellen

I bought 3 books of stamps 2 weeks ago. Today I need to buy more. I did send some bills and letters to the US house and senate but most were to friends and family 

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 1:27 AM SUDSOL [davism] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n52601h62@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
marycovertdavis73@gmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Sending+Cards+During+This+Difficult+Time
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: marycovertdavis73@gmail.com

I’ve spent probably 50 cards during this virus isolation. I’ve sent cards to the nursing home and also the senior citizen apartment building. These are people that would feel more isolated than families would. Mary

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 2:05 AM SUDSOL [Diane Clark] via Business Talk <ml%252Bs1100894n52600h80@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
dianecl6@...?subject=Re:+SU!:+Sending+Cards+During+This+Difficult+Time
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: dianecl6@aol.com

I've sent probably 50-60 including Easter cards. My outreach has been especially to those who live alone or are in assisted living. I write a newspaper column on gardening and get lots of magazines so I've been including articles I think would be of interest because people have more time to read. Stuck out tongue winking eyeMaskSunglasses Have had favorable feedback, too. Aunt Lorraine especially liked all the articles and recipes on asparagus. I also send her crosswords out of the newspapers. She is confined to her room in assisted living and can only leave to go into the hallway to get her food trays...

For others, I include a devotional especially if they are grieving since there are no funerals during this virus crisis. That makes their grieving more difficult as they haven't had the love and comfort of the memorial service. Also, some are dealing with the cremation process for the first time. These are complicated times.

Phoning those who live alone is also something I continue to do as they especially feel disconnected. "Reach out and touch" by cards as well as calling is my mission of ministry these days. diane clark

clindmeier@...?subject=Sending%20Cards%20During%20This%20Difficult%20Time

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Clark, please change the email address to: dianecl6@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sending-Cards-During-This-Difficult-Time-tp52593p52600.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h73@n7.nabble.com
Mary Davis, senior supervisor
Stampin' in the Finger Lakes
2011 featured sewer at Convention
mdavis74@rochester.rr.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to davism, please change the email address to: marycovertdavis73@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sending-Cards-During-This-Difficult-Time-tp52593p52601.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h24@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: QOTW: Sending Cards During This Difficult Time

Diane Gardner
In reply to this post by Cathy Parlitsis

I have sent out about 30 cards to friends and family! Need to do more!

Diane Gardner
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
www.dianegardner.stampinup.net

On Apr 15, 2020, at 12:05 AM, SUDSOL [Cathy Parlitsis] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52595h88@.nabble> wrote:

Cathy@StampsandScrapbooks.com?subject=QOTW: SU!: Sending Cards During This Difficult Time
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Cathy@

Hope you’re all healthy!

Best,
Cathy Parlitsis
New York
Best,
Cathy Parlitsis

Email:  Cathy@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cathy Parlitsis, please change the email address to: Cathy@StampsandScrapbooks.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sending-Cards-During-This-Difficult-Time-tp52593p52595.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h36@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Robbie Rubala

I am sending more out also.  I am trying to send thank you cards to people who are doing something special for someone else.  We have ladies in our neighborhood who are sewing masks for hospitals, doctor's/dentist's offices, etc. so I sent each of them a card.  Got several responses back thanking me for them and they were impressed they were handmade.

Robbie

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 11:44 PM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n52593h81@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Sending+Cards+During+This+Difficult+Time

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h91@n7.nabble.com

--
Robbie Rubala
my blog - https://creationsinpaper.com/

my Stampin' Up website - http://robbierubala.stampinup.net

Robbie Rubala
Reply | Threaded
|

Jane Bone

Yes I am sending cards to those people shut & my family. I sent a really nice THANK YOU card to each dep. in the nursing home where my husband was last year. Wanted to make sure I included the housekeeping, maintenance, STNAs, Dietary, Office workers plus of course the nurses. There were 9 all together.

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 8:03 AM SUDSOL [Robbie Rubala] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n52604h78@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
robbierubala@gmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Sending+Cards+During+This+Difficult+Time
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: robbierubala@gmail.com

I am sending more out also. I am trying to send thank you cards to people who are doing something special for someone else. We have ladies in our neighborhood who are sewing masks for hospitals, doctor's/dentist's offices, etc. so I sent each of them a card. Got several responses back thanking me for them and they were impressed they were handmade.

Robbie

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 11:44 PM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%252Bs1100894n52593h81@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
clindmeier@...?subject=Sending+Cards+During+This+Difficult+Time

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h91@n7.nabble.com

--
Robbie Rubala

Robbie Rubala

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Robbie Rubala, please change the email address to: robbierubala@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sending-Cards-During-This-Difficult-Time-tp52593p52604.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h47@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Diane Clark
In reply to this post by Robbie Rubala

SunglassesMaskWink

From: SUDSOL [Robbie Rubala] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52604h29@.nabble>
Sent: Wed, Apr 15, 2020 8:03 am
Subject: Re: SU!: Sending Cards During This Difficult Time

robbierubala@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Sending%20Cards%20During%20This%20Difficult%20Time
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: robbierubala@

I am sending more out also. I am trying to send thank you cards to people who are doing something special for someone else. We have ladies in our neighborhood who are sewing masks for hospitals, doctor's/dentist's offices, etc. so I sent each of them a card. Got several responses back thanking me for them and they were impressed they were handmade.

Robbie

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 11:44 PM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk < ml%2Bs1100894n52593h81@.nabble > wrote:
clindmeier@?subject=Sending+Cards+During+This+Difficult+Time

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h91@.nabble

--
Robbie Rubala

Robbie Rubala

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Robbie Rubala, please change the email address to: robbierubala@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sending-Cards-During-This-Difficult-Time-tp52593p52604.html
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Sending Cards During This Difficult Time

Karenlee Atkin

I’ve been making a lot more cards but only just started to send them, so maybe only a dozen or so, so far…

But one particular “silver lining” to the quarantine (and working from home) is that I’m creating the cards that my boss sends to her leaders for their birthdays.  Normally, she uses mass-produced flat cards (but she does let me decorate the envelopes before mailing😊).  Now, though, I made a batch of these:

… and just yesterday, I sent several in hand-stamped (with an ancient SU alpha set from 20 years ago!) envelopes:

… so I actually get to stamp and call it “work”!

Karenlee Atkin

Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator

Vancouver, WA

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Sending%20Cards%20During%20This%20Difficult%20Time

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h31@n7.nabble.com

This message is intended solely for the use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable state and federal laws. If you are not the addressee, or are not authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, distribute, or disclose to anyone this message or the information contained herein. If you have received this message in error, immediately advise the sender by reply email and destroy this message.

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Sending Cards During This Difficult Time

Denise Foor
In reply to this post by Beth Schreiber

Yes indeed, perfect time to send out encouraging and thank you cards.  Sent out 12 more today!  I love sending “unexpected” cards…not just birthday and anniversary!

Denise

Denise Foor
Stampin’ Up! Manager, Creative Coach

Stampin' Up! Paper Crafting Classes, Clubs, Crops
Blog:          
www.denisefoor.blogspot.com

You Tube:   www.youtube.com/c/DeniseFoorStudioPA
Etsy Store:  
www.etsy.com/shop/denisefoor

Facebook:  www.facebook.com/denise.foorStudioPA

Pinterest:    www.pinterest.com/denise_foor/

On Apr 14, 2020, at 11:44 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52593h58@.nabble> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h68@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Beth Schreiber, please change the email address to: teach57123@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sending-Cards-During-This-Difficult-Time-tp52593p52594.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h14@n7.nabble.com

Denise Foor Stampin’ Up! Manager & SU Independent Demo/Instructor Stampin' Up! Paper Crafting Classes, Clubs, Crops Shop SU online 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/denisefoor My blog: http://www.denisefoor.blogspot.com/ My email: dfoor@embarqmail.com Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Sending Cards During This Difficult Time

donnab07

I have been making and sending out cards to family and friends.  It is my attempt to bring a little joy to someone’s day, and I am getting feedback that the cards have been much appreciated..

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n52593h25@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n52593h25@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 8:44 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h35@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Blythe Klipple

I sent out about 15 the other day…….the end of my March PP cards and then some others.  I was on a roll.  I’m trying to send out at least 6-7 per week normally.  And the responses are warm and lovely.

~Blythe

On Apr 14, 2020, at 9:44 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52593h50@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h60@n7.nabble.com

Blythe Klipple, UPDATES/FAQ COORDINATOR

Reply | Threaded
|

Antinonem

I sent out 10  actual cards but I email my customers one new card I've made each week.
Micki

From: SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n52593h85@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <mickiant@>
Sent: Tue, Apr 14, 2020 8:44 pm

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Sending%2520Cards%2520During%2520This%2520Difficult%2520Time

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h95@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Sending Cards During This Difficult Time

Robin Messenheimer

I am sending cards to family and friends. I have 5 separate lists of 20 – 25 so far, and am working on List 4. After that, I’ll start back at list 1. So far I’ve sent out about 75 cards. My only “stash” cards were birthday and thank you cards, so I’ve been making hello, friend, and thinking of you cards. I’m making a new design today and should have 20 of those done by tomorrow and sent out by Friday.

Robin

From: ml+s1100894n52593h52@.nabble <ml+s1100894n52593h52@.nabble>
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 5:44 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <rmessenheimer@>

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h62@n7.nabble.com

Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com