Selling individual cards - message inside clear envelope??

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
18 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Selling individual cards - message inside clear envelope??

Blythe Klipple

Thank you in advance for your ideas/help.  I have received approval from the newly opened restaurant along the highway here in Mi Wuk Village, to place cards for sale on one of their counters.  (Our village is about one sneeze, maybe two along said highway!)

I’m thinking of placing the cards in either a DSP covered box or a basket.  I’ll start with putting out about 20 cards.  I have several questions:

1- would you place the cards behind category tabs?

2- I’d like to put a little note inside the clear envelope with my info—or should I just slip a business card in the envelope and let them (purchaser) figure out that they can call me for more cards or personalized cards?

This is the first opportunity I’ve had like this.  That means I finally opened my mouth and asked if I could put some hand stamped cards out for sale.

3- $4.00/card ??  They’re layered.  Cute.  Charming and all that.  I don’t want my price to turn people off but I also don’t want to undersell myself.  Yes, I’ve seen what overrated Papyrus cards are going for in a grocery store checkout area but I could not in good conscience charge $7-$8/card unless it was really special.

Thank you for your ideas.  I’m starting to package some up now.  The Woodsman (Wood You Be Mine?) will be a great seller I think since we live in a National Forest and there is logging in the area, both cutting and finishing of timber.

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Mi Wuk Village CA
blythek@mac.com (Sudsol) or blythe@StampingWithBlythe.com (biz)

Blythe Klipple, UPDATES/FAQ COORDINATOR

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Selling individual cards - message inside clear envelope??

donnab07

Hi Blythe,

I think using category tabs would be very helpful. 

When I sell my cards I place them in a clear sleeve that opens like a book.  The front of the card slips into one side, the back of the card slips into the other side.  I add the envelope into the side that contains the back of the card, and also place my business card in there.  I have found this sleeve really does a great job in protecting the cards from fingers as people  thumb through them.  I buy my sleeves through a bulk buy group I belong to, so sorry – I don’t know from where the sleeves are procured.  I’m sure you might find them on Clear Bags.

As far as the price, I usually sell my cards for $2.95 unless there is a lot of work that sent into making them.  Then I charge a dollar more.

Hope this helps, and good luck with the sales!

Donna

From: ml-node+s1100894n18471h43@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n18471h43@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 3:30 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Selling individual cards - message inside clear envelope??

blythek@mac.com?subject=Selling%20individual%20cards%20-%20message%20inside%20clear%20envelope??

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

Thank you in advance for your ideas/help.  I have received approval from the newly opened restaurant along the highway here in Mi Wuk Village, to place cards for sale on one of their counters.  (Our village is about one sneeze, maybe two along said highway!)

I’m thinking of placing the cards in either a DSP covered box or a basket.  I’ll start with putting out about 20 cards.  I have several questions:

2- I’d like to put a little note inside the clear envelope with my info—or should I just slip a business card in the envelope and let them (purchaser) figure out that they can call me for more cards or personalized cards?

This is the first opportunity I’ve had like this.  That means I finally opened my mouth and asked if I could put some hand stamped cards out for sale.

3- $4.00/card ??  They’re layered.  Cute.  Charming and all that.  I don’t want my price to turn people off but I also don’t want to undersell myself.  Yes, I’ve seen what overrated Papyrus cards are going for in a grocery store checkout area but I could not in good conscience charge $7-$8/card unless it was really special.

Thank you for your ideas.  I’m starting to package some up now.  The Woodsman (Wood You Be Mine?) will be a great seller I think since we live in a National Forest and there is logging in the area, both cutting and finishing of timber.

~Blythe

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Selling-individual-cards-message-inside-clear-envelope-tp18471.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h35@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Selling individual cards - message inside clear envelope??

Christine Josti
In reply to this post by Blythe Klipple

Good for you Blythe!

I think you should sell for $4/card.  Funny that you ask this question today.  I was working on some cards today and decided to bump my prices to $4 instead of $3.50.  We spend too much time and skill to be selling for anything less.

I think a basket would be a nice way to display them.  I wouldn’t put tabs.  That way the customers will look at all the cards and maybe choose more than the one they really need.

Do you have a stamp with your website you can stamp the back of the card with?  Also put a business card in the clear envelope.

Well done and good luck!
Christine

On Mar 11, 2015, at 6:29 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n18471h9@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

blythek@mac.com?subject=Selling%20individual%20cards%20-%20message%20inside%20clear%20envelope??
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Mi Wuk Village CAblythek@mac.com (Sudsol) or blythe@ (biz)Blog:  http://www.StampingWithBlythe.comSU! Web:  http://www.BlytheStamps.stampinup.net

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Selling-individual-cards-message-inside-clear-envelope-tp18471.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h1@n5.nabble.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Christine Josti
christinejosti@gmail.com
Facebook: Mail Something Pretty
Card Classes, Hostess Parties & Workshops, Stampin’ Up! Catalog Sales

Christine Josti
Norwell, MA
www.mailsomethingpretty.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Beth Schreiber

Hi, Blythe!
  I've sold cards in a number of venues. What worked for me was $3.50-$5/card depending on layers, etc.   people had no problem paying different prices.
I didn't use the double sleeves. Instead, I just stamped the sentiment on a small piece (ATC size) of copy paper that says 'inside verse'. I put my cards inside our clear 'bags' with the envelope inside the card and the sentiment on the back side so you can read it. I place a return address sticker with my contact info and 'custom orders available' on the outside of the clear bag.
Hope it makes sense and good luck!  Oh! I agree with Christine about the tabs.
Beth

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 11, 2015, at 9:28 PM, SUDSOL [Christine Josti] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n18476h31@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

christinejosti@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Selling individual cards - message inside clear envelope??
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: christinejosti@gmail.com

Good for you Blythe!

I think you should sell for $4/card.  Funny that you ask this question today.  I was working on some cards today and decided to bump my prices to $4 instead of $3.50.  We spend too much time and skill to be selling for anything less.

I think a basket would be a nice way to display them.  I wouldn’t put tabs.  That way the customers will look at all the cards and maybe choose more than the one they really need.

Do you have a stamp with your website you can stamp the back of the card with?  Also put a business card in the clear envelope.

Well done and good luck!
Christine

On Mar 11, 2015, at 6:29 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n18471h9@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Mi Wuk Village CAblythek@mac.com (Sudsol) or blythe@ (biz)Blog:  http://www.StampingWithBlythe.comSU! Web:  http://www.BlytheStamps.stampinup.net

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h1@n5.nabble.com

Christine Josti

Christine Josti
Norwell, MA

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Christine Josti, please change the email address to: christinejosti@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Selling-individual-cards-message-inside-clear-envelope-tp18471p18476.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h68@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Selling individual cards - message inside clear envelope?? THANK YOU !

Blythe Klipple

This smattering of responses below are a great advertisement as to why SUDSOL is such a wonderful resource.  I’ll probably be pulling a bit of info from each of them.  I’ll let you know what I do come Friday.  I’m out of town tomorrow.  

Many thanks!

~Blythe

On Mar 11, 2015, at 7:04 PM, SUDSOL [Beth Schreiber] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n18477h54@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

teach57123@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Selling%20individual%20cards%20-%20message%20inside%20clear%20envelope??
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: teach57123@yahoo.com

Hi, Blythe!
  I've sold cards in a number of venues. What worked for me was $3.50-$5/card depending on layers, etc.   people had no problem paying different prices.
I didn't use the double sleeves. Instead, I just stamped the sentiment on a small piece (ATC size) of copy paper that says 'inside verse'. I put my cards inside our clear 'bags' with the envelope inside the card and the sentiment on the back side so you can read it. I place a return address sticker with my contact info and 'custom orders available' on the outside of the clear bag.
Beth

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 11, 2015, at 9:28 PM, SUDSOL [Christine Josti] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n18476h31@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

christinejosti@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Selling individual cards - message inside clear envelope??
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: christinejosti@gmail.com

Good for you Blythe!

Well done and good luck!
Christine

~Blythe

Christine Josti

Christine Josti
Norwell, MA

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Christine Josti, please change the email address to: christinejosti@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Selling-individual-cards-message-inside-clear-envelope-tp18471p18476.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h68@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Beth Schreiber, please change the email address to: teach57123@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Selling-individual-cards-message-inside-clear-envelope-tp18471p18477.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h60@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Selling individual cards - message inside clear envelope?? THANK YOU !

Linda Willimer

I am now selling my cards in two local shops, and here's my take!

1- would you place the cards behind category tabs? I have never used a box, but have purchased plastic display stands from Staples and a small counter top spinning affair.

2- I’d like to put a little note inside the clear envelope with my info—or should I just slip a business card in the envelope and let them (purchaser) figure out that they can call me for more cards or personalized cards? I have made up stickers listing what I do i.e. cards, invitations etc, with my email address and SU website. I also have "blank inside" stickers if I don't stamp a sentiment in them that I put on the back with the price. For some cards I add a choice of sentiments. I stamp the sentiment on white or vanilla and pinch out (mostly with the word window) mounted on coordinating card stock punched out  (with the modern label) and add dimensionals with their backing on. Three choices of sentiment for one card ..... and I put a bale on the front of the cello bag that says something like "choice of sentiments, just peel and stick".

3- $4.00/card ??  They’re layered.  Cute.  Charming and all that.  I don’t want my price to turn people off but I also don’t want to undersell myself.  Yes, I’ve seen what overrated Papyrus cards are going for in a grocery store checkout area but I could not in good conscience charge $7-$8/card unless it was really special. At the moment I am charging $4 as they are not taking anything from the sales. If and when they do I will up my prices!!

Hope that helps!!

Linda Willimer
Stampin' Up! Senior Supervisor
Pennington, NJ
Email: stampingbeauty@
Facebook: Linda Willimer, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
My Online Store: HERE
My Blog: HERE

Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 19:36:15 -0700
To: stampingbeauty@
Subject: Re: SU!: Selling individual cards - message inside clear envelope?? THANK YOU !

blythek@mac.com?subject=Re: SU!: Selling individual cards - message inside clear envelope?? THANK YOU !
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@

This smattering of responses below are a great advertisement as to why SUDSOL is such a wonderful resource.  I’ll probably be pulling a bit of info from each of them.  I’ll let you know what I do come Friday.  I’m out of town tomorrow.  

Many thanks!

~Blythe

On Mar 11, 2015, at 7:04 PM, SUDSOL [Beth Schreiber] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n18477h54@.nabble> wrote:

teach57123@?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Selling%20individual%20cards%20-%20message%20inside%20clear%20envelope??
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: teach57123@

Hi, Blythe!
Beth

Sent from my iPad

Good for you Blythe!

Well done and good luck!
Christine

~Blythe

Christine Josti
christinejosti@gmail.com

Christine Josti
Norwell, MA

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Beth Schreiber, please change the email address to: teach57123@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Selling-individual-cards-message-inside-clear-envelope-tp18471p18477.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h60@.nabble

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Selling-individual-cards-message-inside-clear-envelope-tp18471p18478.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h29@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Linda Willimer
Stampin' Up! Senior Supervisor
Pennington, NJ
Email: stampingbeauty@hotmail.com
Facebook: Linda Willimer, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
My Online Store - lindawillimer.stampinup.net
My Blog - willimer.com/Stamping with Tea and Cake
Reply | Threaded
|

Krista Pomeroy

I sell my cards in a flower shop. They sell for $4. I use the cello bags we sell. Don't want to buy from someone else. I put the envelope inside the card. If I stamp something on the inside of the card, I stamp the same greeting on computer paper, cut it out and slip it inside the back of the cello bag. I slide the cards in, fold over the bag and tape shut. The gals at the flower shop know that if there is no greeting in the back of the envelope then the card is blank inside. The shop has a large card rack that I put my cards in.
Since the shop and I both make money on the cards I don't advertise my business inside the cello bags. At the shop they know that if someone wants more cards or other projects made that I will do that and they can give out my info.

"SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n18471h94@.nabble> wrote:
blythek@mac.com?subject=Selling individual cards - message inside clear envelope??
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h86@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Robin Messenheimer

Several years ago we stopped at an AmericInn motel in Moose Lake, Minnesota. In their little self-serve snack/gift shop they had cards that I immediately recognized as Stampin' Up! Of course I had to look at every one. There were not many, but the desk clerk said they'd be replenished in a day or two, that they really sold well. They did have a woodsy feel to them, which went with the north woods atmosphere. At the time they were $3, but I'd bet they're more than that now.

I've read the other replies, but I'd add a suggestion to make cards with a local flavor.

Oh, and these cards had one of the older personalized stamps and had her name, phone number and the SU! Copyright.

Robin Messenheimer
Sent from my iPad

On Mar 11, 2015, at 12:29 PM, "SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n18471h70@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

blythek@mac.com?subject=Selling individual cards - message inside clear envelope??

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h62@n5.nabble.com
Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Saipanstamper

Blythe,

I've been selling my cards for several years.  I too started with a box of
20 or so cards.  With only that many, I don't think category tabs are
necessary.  Just make sure that they can be flipped through easily (that
there is enough room in the container).  Mine sell at $3.50 on a
commission basis. . .I get $2.75 and $.75 for the store.  I change the
stock and take back seasonal cards that didn't sell.

Be patient when you start.  It takes a while for customers to see them,
ponder it, and start buying but over time your sales will improve and be
steady.  Although I use my extra class packets for cards to sell, I find
that what store customers wish to purchase is somewhat different than what
my class customers love to create so I make additional cards that I'd
never teach at class.

I use cello card jackets but do not put my business card inside.  The card
jackets are not closed so the card would fall out.  I suppose I should put
some business cards at the displays.  In the past, I put a class schedule
but didn't get much response.  I'm sure I can do better on this aspect so
thanks for making me re-think it!

I currently sell at eight stores and do pretty well on our tiny island.
Please let us know how this turns out for you!

Jill Arenovski
in Saipan

>
>
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email
> address to: blythek@
> If just you reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL
> members.
> _______________________________________________
> Thank you in advance for your ideas/help.  I have received approval from
> the newly opened restaurant along the highway here in Mi Wuk Village, to
> place cards for sale on one of their counters.  (Our village is about one
> sneeze, maybe two along said highway!)
>
> I’m thinking of placing the cards in either a DSP covered box or a
> basket.  I’ll start with putting out about 20 cards.  I have several
> questions:
>
> 1- would you place the cards behind category tabs?
>
> 2- I’d like to put a little note inside the clear envelope with my
> info—or should I just slip a business card in the envelope and let them
> (purchaser) figure out that they can call me for more cards or
> personalized cards?
>
> This is the first opportunity I’ve had like this.  That means I finally
> opened my mouth and asked if I could put some hand stamped cards out for
> sale.
>
> 3- $4.00/card ??  They’re layered.  Cute.  Charming and all that.  I
> don’t want my price to turn people off but I also don’t want to
> undersell myself.  Yes, I’ve seen what overrated Papyrus cards are going
> for in a grocery store checkout area but I could not in good conscience
> charge $7-$8/card unless it was really special.
>
> Thank you for your ideas.  I’m starting to package some up now.  The
> Woodsman (Wood You Be Mine?) will be a great seller I think since we live
> in a National Forest and there is logging in the area, both cutting and
> finishing of timber.
>
> ~Blythe
>
>
> Blythe Klipple, Mi Wuk Village CA
> blythek@ (Sudsol) or blythe@ (biz)
> Blog:  http://www.StampingWithBlythe.com
> SU! Web:  http://www.BlytheStamps.stampinup.net
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> -----
> Blythe Klipple, UPDATES/FAQ COORDINATOR
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email
> address to: blythek@
> If just you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
> discussion below:
> http://forum.sudsol.org/Selling-individual-cards-message-inside-clear-envelope-tp18471.html
>
>
> To unsubscribe from Business Talk, visit
> M. Arenovski
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/creativedreams/

Reply | Threaded
|

Selling individual cards - RESULTS

Blythe Klipple

Several days ago I asked you all about selling individual cards and your feedback was wonderful.  Here’s what I’ve ended up doing, at least for the moment:

My cards are in our (SU) cello envelopes with an envelope (duh) and my biz card inside and a number* on the outside.  I added a note (photo below) on the handle of the basket saying the following:

I’m going to monitor this pricing seeing how it works.

I can’t find my TEN “Wood you be Mine” cards, perfect for our mountain community and ambiance!!!!!  Argh!  I’ll dig deeper tomorrow but have no clue where they could be—probably right in front of my face!  

*I took a photo inventory of the cards in the basket.  Today I did an MDS “8-1/2 x 11” scrapbook” with an average of 8-9 cards per page.  I slapped a number on each MDS photo card and put that corresponding number of the back of the cello envelope.  I’m going to ask the restaurant to remove the number from the back of the sold card and stick it on an envelope for me.  Then I’ll know which cards have been sold.  We’ll see how it works. 

I’ll be taking the cards out to the restaurant tomorrow.  My courage is UP and my next place to ask will be the little Christmas Tree Inn Motel across the road.  

~Blythe

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Selling individual cards - RESULTS

Robin Messenheimer

Way to go, Blythe!

Robin Messenheimer
Sent from my iPad

On Mar 13, 2015, at 4:12 PM, "SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n18520h89@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

blythek@mac.com?subject=Selling individual cards - RESULTS

Several days ago I asked you all about selling individual cards and your feedback was wonderful.  Here’s what I’ve ended up doing, at least for the moment:

My cards are in our (SU) cello envelopes with an envelope (duh) and my biz card inside and a number* on the outside.  I added a note (photo below) on the handle of the basket saying the following:

I can’t find my TEN “Wood you be Mine” cards, perfect for our mountain community and ambiance!!!!!  Argh!  I’ll dig deeper tomorrow but have no clue where they could be—probably right in front of my face!  

*I took a photo inventory of the cards in the basket.  Today I did an MDS “8-1/2 x 11” scrapbook” with an average of 8-9 cards per page.  I slapped a number on each MDS photo card and put that corresponding number of the back of the cello envelope.  I’m going to ask the restaurant to remove the number from the back of the sold card and stick it on an envelope for me.  Then I’ll know which cards have been sold.  We’ll see how it works. 

I’ll be taking the cards out to the restaurant tomorrow.  My courage is UP and my next place to ask will be the little Christmas Tree Inn Motel across the road.  

~Blythe

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Selling-individual-cards-RESULTS-tp18520.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h62@n5.nabble.com
Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

Wonderful! You go girl! Make sure you have that swipe of Stamoin' Up! color in your hair when you take them! 😊

Happy Stampin'~

On Mar 14, 2015, at 12:12 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n18520h52@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

~Blythe

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Selling-individual-cards-RESULTS-tp18520.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Blythe Klipple

Great fun idea Maria………maybe Pacific Point!

~Blythe

On Mar 14, 2015, at 12:19 AM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n18523h80@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

miaguam01@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Selling%20individual%20cards%20-%20RESULTS
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: miaguam01@yahoo.com

Wonderful! You go girl! Make sure you have that swipe of Stamoin' Up! color in your hair when you take them! 😊

Happy Stampin'~

On Mar 14, 2015, at 12:12 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n18520h52@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Mi Wuk Village CAblythek@mac.com (Sudsol) or blythe@StampingWithBlythe.com (biz)Blog:  http://www.StampingWithBlythe.comSU! Web:  http://www.BlytheStamps.stampinup.net

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Selling-individual-cards-RESULTS-tp18520.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: miaguam01@yahoo.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Selling-individual-cards-RESULTS-tp18520p18523.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h60@n5.nabble.com 

Reply | Threaded
|

Blythe Klipple

I won’t keep reporting in on my cards but………….. I took them out to the restaurant about an hour ago and a man (yes m-a-n) just bought $6 of them!  My pricing at $4 each/6 for $20 makes it like getting that 6th one for FREE.  I’m excited since I’ve never done this before.  And so is the restaurant owner, a 30-something chef and artist herself.

YOU can do it too!  Over and out.

~Blythe

On Mar 14, 2015, at 8:06 AM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n18528h35@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

blythek@mac.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Selling%20individual%20cards%20-%20RESULTS
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

~Blythe

On Mar 14, 2015, at 12:19 AM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n18523h80@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

miaguam01@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Selling%20individual%20cards%20-%20RESULTS
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: miaguam01@yahoo.com

Happy Stampin'~

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Mi Wuk Village CAblythek@mac.com (Sudsol) or blythe@StampingWithBlythe.com (biz)Blog:  http://www.StampingWithBlythe.comSU! Web:  http://www.BlytheStamps.stampinup.net

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Selling-individual-cards-RESULTS-tp18520.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: miaguam01@yahoo.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Selling-individual-cards-RESULTS-tp18520p18523.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h60@n5.nabble.com 

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Selling-individual-cards-message-inside-clear-envelope-tp18471p18528.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Selling individual cards - RESULTS

Deborah Smart

I’m so happy for you, Blythe!!  Congratulations on your success!!! Smile 
You’ve set a great example for the rest of us to go forth and DO!  Thanks for being an inspiration, my friend.
~Deborah

Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2015 11:16 AM
To: debsmart@shaw.ca
Subject: Re: SU!: Selling individual cards - RESULTS

blythek@mac.com?subject=Re: SU!: Selling individual cards - RESULTS

I won’t keep reporting in on my cards but………….. I took them out to the restaurant about an hour ago and a man (yes m-a-n) just bought $6 of them!  My pricing at $4 each/6 for $20 makes it like getting that 6th one for FREE.  I’m excited since I’ve never done this before.  And so is the restaurant owner, a 30-something chef and artist herself.

YOU can do it too!  Over and out.

~Blythe

On Mar 14, 2015, at 8:06 AM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n18528h35@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

~Blythe

Happy Stampin'~

Several days ago I asked you all about selling individual cards and your feedback was wonderful.  Here’s what I’ve ended up doing, at least for the moment:

My cards are in our (SU) cello envelopes with an envelope (duh) and my biz card inside and a number* on the outside.  I added a note (photo below) on the handle of the basket saying the following:

I can’t find my TEN “Wood you be Mine” cards, perfect for our mountain community and ambiance!!!!!  Argh!  I’ll dig deeper tomorrow but have no clue where they could be—probably right in front of my face! 

*I took a photo inventory of the cards in the basket.  Today I did an MDS “8-1/2 x 11” scrapbook” with an average of 8-9 cards per page.  I slapped a number on each MDS photo card and put that corresponding number of the back of the cello envelope.  I’m going to ask the restaurant to remove the number from the back of the sold card and stick it on an envelope for me.  Then I’ll know which cards have been sold.  We’ll see how it works.

I’ll be taking the cards out to the restaurant tomorrow.  My courage is UP and my next place to ask will be the little Christmas Tree Inn Motel across the road. 

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Mi Wuk Village CAblythek@mac.com (Sudsol) or blythe@StampingWithBlythe.com (biz)Blog:  http://www.StampingWithBlythe.comSU! Web:  http://www.BlytheStamps.stampinup.net

To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, <A href="wlmailhtml:{CEEB7A48-80C4-4613-BECD-33DE338E007A}mid://00002255/" rel=nofollow target=_top link="external">click here.

To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, <A href="wlmailhtml:{CEEB7A48-80C4-4613-BECD-33DE338E007A}mid://00002255/" rel=nofollow target=_top link="external">click here.

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Selling-individual-cards-message-inside-clear-envelope-tp18471p18528.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Selling-individual-cards-message-inside-clear-envelope-tp18471p18531.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h66@.nabble
Deborah Smart
Stampin' Discuss Summary Coordinator
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 15, 2015, at 4:16 AM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n18531h93@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

I won’t keep reporting in on my cards but………….. I took them out to the restaurant about an hour ago and a man (yes m-a-n) just bought $6 of them!  My pricing at $4 each/6 for $20 makes it like getting that 6th one for FREE.  I’m excited since I’ve never done this before.  And so is the restaurant owner, a 30-something chef and artist herself.

~Blythe

~Blythe

Happy Stampin'~

~Blythe

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Selling-individual-cards-message-inside-clear-envelope-tp18471p18531.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

Sorry about that last post. I am using my phone and was trying to change the email address to go directly to Blythe. It sent instead.

Happy Stamping~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

(Where we are keeping an eye on a tropical storm!)

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 15, 2015, at 4:16 AM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n18531h93@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

~Blythe

~Blythe

Happy Stampin'~

~Blythe

Reply | Threaded
|

Kathleen Brandt

Well done Blythe, the first step is always the hardest. I believe in you
love,
Katie

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 6:11 PM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n18535h63@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
miaguam01@yahoo.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Selling+individual+cards+-+RESULTS
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: miaguam01@yahoo.com

Sorry about that last post. I am using my phone and was trying to change the email address to go directly to Blythe. It sent instead.

Happy Stamping~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

(Where we are keeping an eye on a tropical storm!)

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 15, 2015, at 4:16 AM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml-node%2Bs1100894n18531h93@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

blythek@...?subject=Re: SU!: Selling individual cards - RESULTS

I won’t keep reporting in on my cards but………….. I took them out to the restaurant about an hour ago and a man (yes m-a-n) just bought $6 of them!  My pricing at $4 each/6 for $20 makes it like getting that 6th one for FREE.  I’m excited since I’ve never done this before.  And so is the restaurant owner, a 30-something chef and artist herself.

YOU can do it too!  Over and out.

~Blythe

~Blythe

Happy Stampin'~

Several days ago I asked you all about selling individual cards and your feedback was wonderful.  Here’s what I’ve ended up doing, at least for the moment:

My cards are in our (SU) cello envelopes with an envelope (duh) and my biz card inside and a number* on the outside.  I added a note (photo below) on the handle of the basket saying the following:

I can’t find my TEN “Wood you be Mine” cards, perfect for our mountain community and ambiance!!!!!  Argh!  I’ll dig deeper tomorrow but have no clue where they could be—probably right in front of my face!  

*I took a photo inventory of the cards in the basket.  Today I did an MDS “8-1/2 x 11” scrapbook” with an average of 8-9 cards per page.  I slapped a number on each MDS photo card and put that corresponding number of the back of the cello envelope.  I’m going to ask the restaurant to remove the number from the back of the sold card and stick it on an envelope for me.  Then I’ll know which cards have been sold.  We’ll see how it works. 

I’ll be taking the cards out to the restaurant tomorrow.  My courage is UP and my next place to ask will be the little Christmas Tree Inn Motel across the road.  

~Blythe

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: miaguam01@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Selling-individual-cards-message-inside-clear-envelope-tp18471p18535.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h71@n5.nabble.com

--
stampingwithkate@gmail.com
stampingwithkate@gmail.comwww.catskillstamper.com
stampingwithkate@gmail.comwww.katiebrandt.stampinup.net
(845) 331-3259 (h)
(845) 532-7382 (c)