Scrapbook Samples/Sketches/Scrap101: Layout with Magnolia DSP

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Scrapbook Samples/Sketches/Scrap101: Layout with Magnolia DSP

NancyKeithley

The Scrapbook Samples/Sketches/Scrap101 Program is a SUDSOL program which seeks to assist you at incorporating Scrapbooking into your Stampin’ Up! Business by sharing demonstratable scrapbook projects on SUDSOL, plus information, tips, and ideas about scrapbooking. If you have specific questions or articles you would like to see in this program, please let me know!

Today I’m sharing an original layout from last Saturday’s Stampin’ Club. In case you missed it, I have a group of ladies that come to my house on the second Saturday of the month at 2 (see what I did? 2nd Sat at 2? It makes it easy to remember that way!

Anyway, my regulars converged on my craft room, and one brought her elderly mom, who is a ROCKIN’ stamper!!! Her daughter was trying to help her, but her mom paid close attention to my presentation and to the written instructions I always provide to them and got her three cards and 1 scrapbook layout done almost entirely on her own! (She reminded my sister and I SO much of our late mother!!!).

Anyway, here is the layout I created:

It is not easy to see (it will become clearer when I show you the plain sketch), but I stamped and cut one large magnolia and nine of the small magnolia. I could not have created the layout with this much DSP if it were not for SU!’s providing us with the BULK opportunity for this set of DSP!!!

Here is the layout on my grid to give you a much better idea of the actual sizing (1 square=1 inch).

And here it is again with dimensions of all the photo/journaling spots!

Before I share the plain old sketch, here are the instructions I provided to my ladies. Please feel free to CASE this layout and instructions, but please give credit when shared with others (thank you).

CLASS INSTRUCTIONS:

*(Not Steel) Magnolias ~ Scrapbook Layout

Stamp Sets:  Good Morning Magnolia; Papers:  Early Espresso, So Saffron, Mossy Meadow, Thick Whisper White, Magnolia Lane DSP; Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black; Light Mossy Meadow, Dark So Saffron and Dark Pink Pirouette Stampin’ Blends; Framelits: Magnolia Memories

> 1. Using the Thick Whisper White:

....  a. Stamp 1 of the large magnolia (ink with Memento) and 8-10 (more or less according to your
        preference – I used 10) of the small single Magnolia, then cut with the Big Shot (with the MAGNETIC
        base!).

....  b. Using a very light touch gently color the centers of the (single) flower petals, as shown in the picture, using the brush end as shown above in project #1 *AND also color the large magnolia. Color the leaves using the Mossy Meadow Stampin Blend. NOTE that I did not color them solid but left a lot of white space on most leaves.

....  c. Color the center of the large magnolia with the Dark So Saffron Stampin’ Blend (after you do the pink bit and the leaves). [I was trying to emulate the flowers in the DSP used in the background.]

> 2. IF you wish, you can use the leaf framelits and the piece of Mossy Meadow in your kit (a 3x7 piece) and cut as many leaves as your heart desires and add them to your layout (there are 2 each of three different leaf designs). (I decided against using them, but may yet add them, lol!).

LEFT PAGE:

....  a. Adhere the 10”x10” square of magnolia print (black background) centered on one page of the Early Espresso cardstock.

....  b. Add the largest precut piece of Mossy Meadow (8.5x5.5) about ¾” from top of print, centered on the printed paper horizontally.

....  c. Add the 3 (3x3) small squares of So Saffron below the Mossy Meadow piece with about ½” between the Mossy Meadow piece and the line of So Saffron squares (as shown).

> 3. On the RIGHT PAGE:
  ....  a. Adhere the Mossy Meadow print about ¼” from the bottom of the second piece of Early Espresso.

....  b. Add the pink striped piece above it with a little space between the pink stripe and the leafy print.

....  c. Add the last printed piece (the white background with the magnolias) at the top with about ¼ inch between the top of the magnolia print and the top of the Early Espresso cardstock.

....  d. Add the two 3.5x3.5 So Saffron squares as shown.

> 4. Tuck the magnolias you stamped, cut and colored as shown, or however your heart desires 😊.

> 5. Go home and find some picture to put in the yellow squares, and the Mossy Meadow rectangles.

> 6. FINALLY – use the pictures below to help you create your layout, place your photos at home, and create your journaling. ENJOY! (End of instructions)

Last of all, here is the “naked” sketch (ie, no printed DSP etc… just a sketch to use to make your own layout!

Do you have another idea for a Scrap 101 article? Something you want me to research a bit and write up? I'd love to - please send me your ideas for articles to nancykayk@aol.com! Also, if you upload scrapbook layouts to the gallery, please drop me an email so I can feature some of your pages in a future Scrapbook Samples article!

Thanks for reading this edition of Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101. Would you like to be featured in one of my SS posts? Upload those layouts, ladies and gents! Yours may be the next one to catch my eye!!! As always, if you have any requests for a specific topic to be covered in a Scrap 101 (or Scrapbook Samples) post, additional suggestions, advice or thoughts, please let me know - the suggestion box is always open for those requests!

*Ü* Nanc ><>
Scrapbook Sketches ~ Scrapbook Samples /Scrap 101 Coordinator

Nancy Keithley
Waller, Texas
Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101 Coordinator
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Scrapbook Samples/Sketches/Scrap101: Layout with Magnolia DSP

Sue Erickson

What a beautiful layout! If it’s OK with you, our next design challenge will be to CASE this sketch using other dsp. 

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 13, 2019, at 3:53 PM, SUDSOL [NancyKeithley] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n49414h12@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

fancynancykay@gmail.com?subject=Scrapbook Samples/Sketches/Scrap101: Layout with Magnolia DSP
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: fancynancykay@gmail.com

The Scrapbook Samples/Sketches/Scrap101 Program is a SUDSOL program which seeks to assist you at incorporating Scrapbooking into your Stampin’ Up! Business by sharing demonstratable scrapbook projects on SUDSOL, plus information, tips, and ideas about scrapbooking. If you have specific questions or articles you would like to see in this program, please let me know!

Today I’m sharing an original layout from last Saturday’s Stampin’ Club. In case you missed it, I have a group of ladies that come to my house on the second Saturday of the month at 2 (see what I did? 2nd Sat at 2? It makes it easy to remember that way!

Anyway, my regulars converged on my craft room, and one brought her elderly mom, who is a ROCKIN’ stamper!!! Her daughter was trying to help her, but her mom paid close attention to my presentation and to the written instructions I always provide to them and got her three cards and 1 scrapbook layout done almost entirely on her own! (She reminded my sister and I SO much of our late mother!!!).

Anyway, here is the layout I created:

It is not easy to see (it will become clearer when I show you the plain sketch), but I stamped and cut one large magnolia and nine of the small magnolia. I could not have created the layout with this much DSP if it were not for SU!’s providing us with the BULK opportunity for this set of DSP!!!

Here is the layout on my grid to give you a much better idea of the actual sizing (1 square=1 inch).

And here it is again with dimensions of all the photo/journaling spots!

Before I share the plain old sketch, here are the instructions I provided to my ladies. Please feel free to CASE this layout and instructions, but please give credit when shared with others (thank you).

CLASS INSTRUCTIONS:

*(Not Steel) Magnolias ~ Scrapbook Layout

Stamp Sets:  Good Morning Magnolia; Papers:  Early Espresso, So Saffron, Mossy Meadow, Thick Whisper White, Magnolia Lane DSP; Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black; Light Mossy Meadow, Dark So Saffron and Dark Pink Pirouette Stampin’ Blends; Framelits: Magnolia Memories

> 1. Using the Thick Whisper White:

....  a. Stamp 1 of the large magnolia (ink with Memento) and 8-10 (more or less according to your
        preference – I used 10) of the small single Magnolia, then cut with the Big Shot (with the MAGNETIC
        base!).

....  b. Using a very light touch gently color the centers of the (single) flower petals, as shown in the picture, using the brush end as shown above in project #1 *AND also color the large magnolia. Color the leaves using the Mossy Meadow Stampin Blend. NOTE that I did not color them solid but left a lot of white space on most leaves.

....  c. Color the center of the large magnolia with the Dark So Saffron Stampin’ Blend (after you do the pink bit and the leaves). [I was trying to emulate the flowers in the DSP used in the background.]

> 2. IF you wish, you can use the leaf framelits and the piece of Mossy Meadow in your kit (a 3x7 piece) and cut as many leaves as your heart desires and add them to your layout (there are 2 each of three different leaf designs). (I decided against using them, but may yet add them, lol!).

LEFT PAGE:

....  a. Adhere the 10”x10” square of magnolia print (black background) centered on one page of the Early Espresso cardstock.

....  b. Add the largest precut piece of Mossy Meadow (8.5x5.5) about ¾” from top of print, centered on the printed paper horizontally.

....  c. Add the 3 (3x3) small squares of So Saffron below the Mossy Meadow piece with about ½” between the Mossy Meadow piece and the line of So Saffron squares (as shown).

> 3. On the RIGHT PAGE:
  ....  a. Adhere the Mossy Meadow print about ¼” from the bottom of the second piece of Early Espresso.

....  b. Add the pink striped piece above it with a little space between the pink stripe and the leafy print.

....  c. Add the last printed piece (the white background with the magnolias) at the top with about ¼ inch between the top of the magnolia print and the top of the Early Espresso cardstock.

....  d. Add the two 3.5x3.5 So Saffron squares as shown.

> 4. Tuck the magnolias you stamped, cut and colored as shown, or however your heart desires 😊.

> 5. Go home and find some picture to put in the yellow squares, and the Mossy Meadow rectangles.

> 6. FINALLY – use the pictures below to help you create your layout, place your photos at home, and create your journaling. ENJOY! (End of instructions)

Last of all, here is the “naked” sketch (ie, no printed DSP etc… just a sketch to use to make your own layout!

Do you have another idea for a Scrap 101 article? Something you want me to research a bit and write up? I'd love to - please send me your ideas for articles to nancykayk@aol.com! Also, if you upload scrapbook layouts to the gallery, please drop me an email so I can feature some of your pages in a future Scrapbook Samples article!

Thanks for reading this edition of Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101. Would you like to be featured in one of my SS posts? Upload those layouts, ladies and gents! Yours may be the next one to catch my eye!!! As always, if you have any requests for a specific topic to be covered in a Scrap 101 (or Scrapbook Samples) post, additional suggestions, advice or thoughts, please let me know - the suggestion box is always open for those requests!

*Ü* Nanc ><>
Scrapbook Sketches ~ Scrapbook Samples /Scrap 101 Coordinator

Nancy Keithley
Waller, Texas
Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101 Coordinator

If you want the reply to go ONLY to NancyKeithley, please change the email address to: fancynancykay@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Scrapbook-Samples-Sketches-Scrap101-Layout-with-Magnolia-DSP-tp49414.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h40@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Creative Idea Shares, click here.