Scrapbook Samples ~ Scrap 101: a couple of new ideas! (please help!)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Scrapbook Samples ~ Scrap 101: a couple of new ideas! (please help!)

NancyKeithley

The Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101 Program is a SUDSOL program which seeks to assist you at incorporating Scrapbooking into your Stampin’ Up! Business by sharing demonstratable scrapbook projects on SUDSOL, plus information, tips, and ideas about scrapbooking. If you have specific questions or articles you would like to see in this program, please let me know!

I have a new layout idea/sketch to share with you. I am trying something different in my layout sketches and would love your feedback on how this works for you!

Also, before I share the sketch, I’d like to share that I am going in the hospital again on Monday, April 4 to have my third knee surgery in 6 months (original partial replacement Nov 2, back in hospital Dec 11 with a life-threatening infection, surgery to remove the infected implant and place a bone cement spacer in its place). Hopefully this is the last knee surgery I’ll need for a decade or two.
The sizes of items on the layout/sketch are written on the sketch itself. This will be the sketch I use with my stampers on my next club meeting.

TAKE ONE:

There are minor differences between the two takes of my sketch. In the first one, the photo on the left comes first. This five photo layout is embellished with butterfly punchies and a few ½ inch strips of DSP. The bottom section of DSP is 2 pieces cut to 12x5. A solid piece of Basic Black, or a piece of Basic Gray stamped with a design of your choice could take the place of DSP in the bottom portion of these layouts. The Cherry Cobbler mat behind the @4x4 photo is about 5x5. The Cherry Cobbler strip behind the photos (made darker for ease of viewing!) is 2 pieces of ½ x 12.Since Cherry Cobbler is only sold in 12 inch widths in the Regals 12x12 Cardstock pack, you could easily adapt 8.5x11 cardstock for this, cutting pieces to fit behind the photos ½ x 11 inches, and snipping these two strips where the opening will be behind the photos and unseen. The piece under the strips of DSP on the right is about a 3 ½ square.

TAKE TWO:

Here I simply switched the 4x4 matted photo and unmated 4x6 piece. The same information as above would hold for creating this layout with that little change. If you want yet another option, you could easily create a mirror image of the sketch so that the 4x4 matted photo is the last piece on the right, and the embellishment piece with the two butterflies and strips of DSP would be the first piece. Also, I inadvertently LOST my butterfly in this picture! It should still be there to the left of TITLE HERE, LOL!
I would LOVE to see your creations using these sketches or a mirror image of one of them. Please upload them to our pinboard, tagging that as Scrapbook Samples! I can’t wait to see what you create!

Also, while I am recuperating, I would love to have even more scrapbook layouts to play with. If you want me to create a sketch from one of your layouts, please just email it to me at nancykayk@aol.com, and make sure you share your user name so you get the credit!

Another thing I am looking for are some things that a group I’m in call Scrapbook Elements (it is a swap we do each year). They consist typically of 5 pieces – one journal block with writing area of at least 3x4 inches (or 4x3); one tag approximately 2x3 or larger, and 3 accents or decorative elements at least 2x2 or larger. All pieces have to be 2 or more layers plus embellieshments. Here is mine from last year – it was a HUGE hit with my stampers – even the one lady who does not scrapbook at all!

Pssst: Feel free to CASE /\ this, too!!!!!!

Do you have another idea for a Scrap 101 article? Something you want me to research a bit and write up? I'd love to - please send me your ideas for articles to nancykayk@aol.com! Also, if you upload scrapbook layouts to the gallery, please drop me an email so I can feature some of your pages in a future Scrapbook Samples article!

Thanks for reading this edition of Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101. Would you like to be featured in one of my SS posts? Upload those layouts, ladies and gents! Yours may be the next one to catch my eye!!! As always, if you have any requests for a specific topic to be covered in a Scrap 101 (or Scrapbook Samples) post, additional suggestions, advice or thoughts, please let me know - the suggestion box is always open for those requests!

*Ü* Nanc ><>
Scrapbook Samples /Scrap 101 Coordinator

Nancy Keithley
Waller, Texas
Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101 Coordinator
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Scrapbook Samples ~ Scrap 101: a couple of new ideas! (please help!)

Christine Bennett

Thank you Nancy for your great scrapbooking ideas.
I love what you share with us.

Good luck with your surgery.
Christine

On 3/04/2016 5:42 p.m., SUDSOL [NancyKeithley] via Creative Idea Shares wrote:
fancynancykay@gmail.com?subject=Scrapbook%20Samples%20%7E%20Scrap%20101:%20a%20couple%20of%20new%20ideas%21%20%28please%20help%21%29
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: fancynancykay@gmail.com

The Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101 Program is a SUDSOL program which seeks to assist you at incorporating Scrapbooking into your Stampin’ Up! Business by sharing demonstratable scrapbook projects on SUDSOL, plus information, tips, and ideas about scrapbooking. If you have specific questions or articles you would like to see in this program, please let me know!

I have a new layout idea/sketch to share with you. I am trying something different in my layout sketches and would love your feedback on how this works for you!

Also, before I share the sketch, I’d like to share that I am going in the hospital again on Monday, April 4 to have my third knee surgery in 6 months (original partial replacement Nov 2, back in hospital Dec 11 with a life-threatening infection, surgery to remove the infected implant and place a bone cement spacer in its place). Hopefully this is the last knee surgery I’ll need for a decade or two.
The sizes of items on the layout/sketch are written on the sketch itself. This will be the sketch I use with my stampers on my next club meeting.

TAKE ONE:

There are minor differences between the two takes of my sketch. In the first one, the photo on the left comes first. This five photo layout is embellished with butterfly punchies and a few ½ inch strips of DSP. The bottom section of DSP is 2 pieces cut to 12x5. A solid piece of Basic Black, or a piece of Basic Gray stamped with a design of your choice could take the place of DSP in the bottom portion of these layouts. The Cherry Cobbler mat behind the @4x4 photo is about 5x5. The Cherry Cobbler strip behind the photos (made darker for ease of viewing!) is 2 pieces of ½ x 12.Since Cherry Cobbler is only sold in 12 inch widths in the Regals 12x12 Cardstock pack, you could easily adapt 8.5x11 cardstock for this, cutting pieces to fit behind the photos ½ x 11 inches, and snipping these two strips where the opening will be behind the photos and unseen. The piece under the strips of DSP on the right is about a 3 ½ square.

TAKE TWO:

Here I simply switched the 4x4 matted photo and unmated 4x6 piece. The same information as above would hold for creating this layout with that little change. If you want yet another option, you could easily create a mirror image of the sketch so that the 4x4 matted photo is the last piece on the right, and the embellishment piece with the two butterflies and strips of DSP would be the first piece. Also, I inadvertently LOST my butterfly in this picture! It should still be there to the left of TITLE HERE, LOL!
I would LOVE to see your creations using these sketches or a mirror image of one of them. Please upload them to our pinboard, tagging that as Scrapbook Samples! I can’t wait to see what you create!

Also, while I am recuperating, I would love to have even more scrapbook layouts to play with. If you want me to create a sketch from one of your layouts, please just email it to me at nancykayk@aol.com, and make sure you share your user name so you get the credit!

Another thing I am looking for are some things that a group I’m in call Scrapbook Elements (it is a swap we do each year). They consist typically of 5 pieces – one journal block with writing area of at least 3x4 inches (or 4x3); one tag approximately 2x3 or larger, and 3 accents or decorative elements at least 2x2 or larger. All pieces have to be 2 or more layers plus embellieshments. Here is mine from last year – it was a HUGE hit with my stampers – even the one lady who does not scrapbook at all!

Do you have another idea for a Scrap 101 article? Something you want me to research a bit and write up? I'd love to - please send me your ideas for articles to nancykayk@aol.com! Also, if you upload scrapbook layouts to the gallery, please drop me an email so I can feature some of your pages in a future Scrapbook Samples article!

Thanks for reading this edition of Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101. Would you like to be featured in one of my SS posts? Upload those layouts, ladies and gents! Yours may be the next one to catch my eye!!! As always, if you have any requests for a specific topic to be covered in a Scrap 101 (or Scrapbook Samples) post, additional suggestions, advice or thoughts, please let me know - the suggestion box is always open for those requests!

*Ü* Nanc ><>

Nancy Keithley
Waller, Texas

If you want the reply to go ONLY to NancyKeithley, please change the email address to: fancynancykay@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Scrapbook-Samples-Scrap-101-a-couple-of-new-ideas-please-help-tp27998.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h71@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Creative Idea Shares, click here.

-- 
Blog: www.christinebennett.stampinup.net/blog
Follow me: www.pinterest.com/bennett5244  
Like me: www.facebook.com/ChristinesCraftyBlog
Shop with me: www.christinebennett.stampinup.net Click on ShopNow
for World Organic Skin care and Make up www.facebook.com/christinebennettworldorganic
To Unsubscribe - hit Reply and type unsubscribe -
       No worries - you can always subscribe again!

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Scrapbook Samples ~ Scrap 101: a couple of new ideas! (please help!)

NancyKeithley

Thank you, Christine!

On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 2:39 PM, SUDSOL [Christine Bennett] via Creative Idea Shares <ml-node+s1100894n28129h51@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
christinebennett@kinect.co.nz?subject=Re:+SU!:+Scrapbook+Samples+~+Scrap+101:+a+couple+of+new+ideas!+(please+help!)
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: christinebennett@kinect.co.nz

Thank you Nancy for your great scrapbooking ideas.
I love what you share with us.

Good luck with your surgery.
Christine

On 3/04/2016 5:42 p.m., SUDSOL [NancyKeithley] via Creative Idea Shares wrote:
fancynancykay@...?subject=Scrapbook%20Samples%20%7E%20Scrap%20101:%20a%20couple%20of%20new%20ideas%21%20%28please%20help%21%29
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: fancynancykay@gmail.com

TAKE ONE:

TAKE TWO:

*Ü* Nanc ><>

Nancy Keithley
Waller, Texas

If you want the reply to go ONLY to NancyKeithley, please change the email address to: fancynancykay@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Scrapbook-Samples-Scrap-101-a-couple-of-new-ideas-please-help-tp27998.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n2h71@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Creative Idea Shares, click here.

-- 
Blog: www.christinebennett.stampinup.net/blog
Follow me: www.pinterest.com/bennett5244  
Like me: www.facebook.com/ChristinesCraftyBlog
Shop with me: www.christinebennett.stampinup.net Click on ShopNow
for World Organic Skin care and Make up www.facebook.com/christinebennettworldorganic
To Unsubscribe - hit Reply and type unsubscribe -
       No worries - you can always subscribe again!

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Christine Bennett, please change the email address to: christinebennett@kinect.co.nz
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Scrapbook-Samples-Scrap-101-a-couple-of-new-ideas-please-help-tp27998p28129.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n2h14@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Scrapbook Samples ~ Scrap 101: a couple of new ideas! (please help!), click here.

--
Nancy Keithley
Waller, Texas