classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Scrapbook Samples/Scrap 101 - UPDATED Project LIFE! Basics

NancyKeithley
NancyKeithley wrote

The Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101 Program is a SUDSOL program which seeks to assist you with incorporating Scrapbooking into your Stampin’ Up! Business by sharing demonstratable scrapbook projects on SUDSOL, plus information, tips, and ideas about scrapbooking. If you have specific questions or articles you would like to see in this program, please let me know!

This post is an update to a recent article I reviewed (and updated) from the Scrap 101 files on SUDSOL. The full article can be found at the end of my updates here.

I completed a 2 page Project Life (PL) layout this evening. In the past, that wasn't something I could easily say. While on scrapbook weekends with my 'cult', I could rip out 14-20 layouts over a 60-72 hour weekend - of course, there were some distractions like chick flicks, crazy stories, a dinner out, staying up WAY too late and eating.... a bit.... But this layout tonight - in the midst of an impromptu visit by the 6 year old subject of this layout, actually, plus putting mom to bed, cleaning the kitchen and putting away leftovers from supper - this layout.... took..... 40 minutes. It could have taken less time, but I have to reset my brain after an interruption, lol.

I have never, ever - NOT ONCE before completed a layout in less than an hour. I'd say my average is usually a couple of hours - maybe 2-3 hours.... and some have taken me several hours over the course of days.

SO - add to the PLUS side of PL - a HUGE time savings! I even journaled a little. Of course, some of my journaling is actually embedded in the photos since I print my own photos. Just a note - the reason I put on the left hand top picture on the right hand page "Ava 2008 (yes, I'm sure)" is that Ava (6 years old), Emma (3 years old) and now Sofia (7 weeks old) all looked so much alike at 6-7 weeks, that had I not written that, my family would have been asking me, "Ava? Are you SURE?" - true story! By the way (and I'll quit talking about my grands), Ava and Emma do NOT look that much now at 6 and 3, so only time will tell whether Sofie will continue to look so much like her older sissies :).

I had fun whipping up this layout, and this gives me hope that I can not only demonstrate PL better to my stampers, but also, start closing the gap on my decades of photos!

Another update I'd like to add to this article is this: I now own both of the PL albums in the big IBC. RUN, do not walk, to your computer and log into your OEX and order these for yourself. I love these albums - they are worth every cent and look awesome!

For those of you who are still reluctant to go 100% PL - or, like me, intend to mix traditional, hybrid AND PL in your scrapbooks, remember, we still sell the full 12x12 size page protectors.

Next time, I will include a list of digital resources from Stampin' Up! for Project Life - there are way more than you probably think! I'm still compiling the list - WOW! But just to get you started - All except ONE of the PRINTED PL SET IS AVAILABLE THROUGH MDS AS A DIGITAL PRODUCT!

HAPPINESS IS - 138041
EVERYDAY ADVENTURE - 137345
LITTLE MOMENTS - 138039
PLAYGROUND - 138040

Love Story, sadly, is not yet available digitally, according to my search. Watch for my next post for a complete list of all the digital product I found to help us with creating PL layouts. The reason I am so pumped about this is that with a decent printer, you can print your own pieces for THO (Totally Hands On) classes you may teach. Since I only do THO, that's important to me...

See you next time!

So, to help your stampers become Project Lifers, find 3-5 pictures of a basic life event you want to scrap (such as a birthday), grab some PL cards or print some digital ones that go with the occasion and the pictures… cut to size, embellish with the Project Life Accessory packs or other SU elements, and slide them into your pockets. Really – NOT that hard!!!! I know you (and I) can do this!!!

Do you have another idea for a Scrap 101 article? Something you want me to research a bit and write up? I'd love to - please send me your ideas for articles:nancykayk@aol.com! Also, if you upload scrapbook layouts to the gallery, please drop me an email so I can feature some of your pages in a future Scrapbook Samples article!

Thanks for reading this edition of Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101. Would you like to be featured in one of my SS posts? Upload those layouts, ladies and gents! Yours may be the next one to catch my eye!!! As always, if you have any requests for a specific topic to be covered in a Scrap 101 (or Scrapbook Samples) post, additional suggestions, advice or thoughts, please let me know - the suggestion box is always open for those requests!

*Ü* Nanc ><>
Scrapbook Samples /Scrap 101 Coordinator
ORIGINAL POST ON PL BELOW:
In this article - http://www.sudsol.org/members/index.php?action=article&id=6407&relid=14 – Angie Anderson talked about five basic elements of Scrapbooking. Angie gave us some great basic scrapbooking information here, because I know, that not all of us are comfortable scrapping! (And yes, please do go read her article… along with my updated PL version here).

Angie wrote this article in 2009, so I’d like to update it a bit in terms of scrapbooking with Project Life. Basic elements you need to get started with Project Life style scrapbooking:

1. 3 ring album – 2 choices in the SU catalog
      a. Espresso 6x8 ($9.95 - #135293)
      b. Black Faux Leather 12x12 ($29.95 - #135292)
(I realize this seems pricey, but the price for Faux Leather *is* commensurate with those found elsewhere for PL – I found a Faux Leather white one listed for 29.97 online at a website I shop on weekly!)
      c.  Personally, I'll be surprised if more albums do not appear in the Holiday catalog or as special additions to the catalog. I've been wrong before on these guesses of mine, but I just have a hunch!

2. Photo pocket pages
      a. 6x8 variety pack ($5.95 - #135297 – 12 pieces total of 5 asstd designs)
      b. Design 1 12x12 ($6.95 – 135295 – 12 each of 1 design)
      c. Variety pack 12x12 ($6.95 – 135294 – 2 each of 6 designs for 12 pcs)

3. PL Cards
      a. Digital PL cards – MDS
      b. Exclusive Becky Higgins/SU designs – page 189 new IBC
      c. 4x3 Grid Cards – page 188 new IBC
      d. Make your own using Stampin’ Up! Stamps and inks,coordinating with DSP, pieces from the THIS & THAT collection, washi tape, pieces from the All Inclusive card kits on page 196-197, leftover pieces from My Paper Pumpkin (and what else would you add? DO share!!!)

4. Journaling
      a. Journaling is one of the VIPs** of PL (**Very Important Part)
      b. Journaling pens page 188 new IBC OR use our Stampin’ Write markers (A note about these – they *are* safe for use in scrapbooking, however, since they are water-based, they may fade over time. I have scrapbook pages I wrote on 15 years ago with some SU markers. Still pretty and quite legible.)
      c. Use blank areas of the preprinted PL cards we sell on page 189 OR the grid cards on page 188.
      d. Do some of your journaling by computer. I just open up Microsoft Word and type away. Just a piece of advice – please do not do ALL of your journaling on the computer – leave the legacy of your horrible, beautiful, quirky, or even illegible handwriting for your kids and grandkids. I treasure the recipes I have that were written in my grandmother’s hand!

5. PICTURES!!!!!
      a. The absolutely MOST VIP of PL!
      b. My pictures are ALL digital, so I print my own to the desired size
      c. Have preprinted odd-sized pictures? Scan and print to your specs, or mount on correctly-sized pieces of SU! Cardstock. If they are one-of-a-kind pictures, definitely (PLEASE) make at least a digital copy with backups in offsite locations.*
      d. Don’t have pictures for an event? For my eldest daughter’s 16th birthday, the pictures didn’t turn out – we have none except a photo booth shot from the mall. They went to a movie, so I used ticket stubs, a screen shot of the movie poster and some creative paper piecing on my part…along with a bad copy of the photo from the mall photo booth. Sometimes, you just don’t have a picture of something important – but you can still memorialize it in your scrapbooks!

That’s it – five basic things you need for basic Project Life scrapbooking.
Nancy Keithley
Waller, Texas
Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101 Coordinator
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Scrapbook Samples/Scrap 101 - UPDATED Project LIFE! Basics

NancyKeithley
If SHOW REST OF QUOTE appears in the actual article, please click on it so you can see my post. I'm still learning to speak "nabble"!

Nanc
Nancy Keithley
Waller, Texas
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Scrapbook Samples/Scrap 101 - UPDATED Project LIFE! Basics

tinabatori
In reply to this post by NancyKeithley

Excellent article, Nancy.  Love your enthusiasm; it really tells the story of the PL advantage!

Thanks for all you do for SUDSOL while living your busy life.

Tina Batori
Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant
and
Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator

(541) 556-7714 cell

On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 8:50 PM, SUDSOL [NancyKeithley] via Creative Idea Shares <ml-node+s1100894n12113h97@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
fancynancykay@gmail.com?subject=Scrapbook+Samples/Scrap+101+-+UPDATED+Project+LIFE!+Basics
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: fancynancykay@gmail.com

NancyKeithley wrote

The Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101 Program is a SUDSOL program which seeks to assist you with incorporating Scrapbooking into your Stampin’ Up! Business by sharing demonstratable scrapbook projects on SUDSOL, plus information, tips, and ideas about scrapbooking. If you have specific questions or articles you would like to see in this program, please let me know!

This post is an update to a recent article I reviewed (and updated) from the Scrap 101 files on SUDSOL. The full article can be found at the end of my updates here.

I completed a 2 page Project Life (PL) layout this evening. In the past, that wasn't something I could easily say. While on scrapbook weekends with my 'cult', I could rip out 14-20 layouts over a 60-72 hour weekend - of course, there were some distractions like chick flicks, crazy stories, a dinner out, staying up WAY too late and eating.... a bit.... But this layout tonight - in the midst of an impromptu visit by the 6 year old subject of this layout, actually, plus putting mom to bed, cleaning the kitchen and putting away leftovers from supper - this layout.... took..... 40 minutes. It could have taken less time, but I have to reset my brain after an interruption, lol.

I have never, ever - NOT ONCE before completed a layout in less than an hour. I'd say my average is usually a couple of hours - maybe 2-3 hours.... and some have taken me several hours over the course of days.

SO - add to the PLUS side of PL - a HUGE time savings! I even journaled a little. Of course, some of my journaling is actually embedded in the photos since I print my own photos. Just a note - the reason I put on the left hand top picture on the right hand page "Ava 2008 (yes, I'm sure)" is that Ava (6 years old), Emma (3 years old) and now Sofia (7 weeks old) all looked so much alike at 6-7 weeks, that had I not written that, my family would have been asking me, "Ava? Are you SURE?" - true story! By the way (and I'll quit talking about my grands), Ava and Emma do NOT look that much now at 6 and 3, so only time will tell whether Sofie will continue to look so much like her older sissies :).

I had fun whipping up this layout, and this gives me hope that I can not only demonstrate PL better to my stampers, but also, start closing the gap on my decades of photos!

Another update I'd like to add to this article is this: I now own both of the PL albums in the big IBC. RUN, do not walk, to your computer and log into your OEX and order these for yourself. I love these albums - they are worth every cent and look awesome!

For those of you who are still reluctant to go 100% PL - or, like me, intend to mix traditional, hybrid AND PL in your scrapbooks, remember, we still sell the full 12x12 size page protectors.

Next time, I will include a list of digital resources from Stampin' Up! for Project Life - there are way more than you probably think! I'm still compiling the list - WOW! But just to get you started - All except ONE of the PRINTED PL SET IS AVAILABLE THROUGH MDS AS A DIGITAL PRODUCT!

HAPPINESS IS - 138041
EVERYDAY ADVENTURE - 137345
LITTLE MOMENTS - 138039
PLAYGROUND - 138040

Love Story, sadly, is not yet available digitally, according to my search. Watch for my next post for a complete list of all the digital product I found to help us with creating PL layouts. The reason I am so pumped about this is that with a decent printer, you can print your own pieces for THO (Totally Hands On) classes you may teach. Since I only do THO, that's important to me...

See you next time!

So, to help your stampers become Project Lifers, find 3-5 pictures of a basic life event you want to scrap (such as a birthday), grab some PL cards or print some digital ones that go with the occasion and the pictures… cut to size, embellish with the Project Life Accessory packs or other SU elements, and slide them into your pockets. Really – NOT that hard!!!! I know you (and I) can do this!!!

Do you have another idea for a Scrap 101 article? Something you want me to research a bit and write up? I'd love to - please send me your ideas for articles%3Anancykayk@aol.com! Also, if you upload scrapbook layouts to the gallery, please drop me an email so I can feature some of your pages in a future Scrapbook Samples article!

Thanks for reading this edition of Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101. Would you like to be featured in one of my SS posts? Upload those layouts, ladies and gents! Yours may be the next one to catch my eye!!! As always, if you have any requests for a specific topic to be covered in a Scrap 101 (or Scrapbook Samples) post, additional suggestions, advice or thoughts, please let me know - the suggestion box is always open for those requests!

*Ü* Nanc ><>
Scrapbook Samples /Scrap 101 Coordinator
ORIGINAL POST ON PL BELOW:
In this article - http://www.sudsol.org/members/index.php?action=article&id=6407&relid=14 – Angie Anderson talked about five basic elements of Scrapbooking. Angie gave us some great basic scrapbooking information here, because I know, that not all of us are comfortable scrapping! (And yes, please do go read her article… along with my updated PL version here).

Angie wrote this article in 2009, so I’d like to update it a bit in terms of scrapbooking with Project Life. Basic elements you need to get started with Project Life style scrapbooking:

1. 3 ring album – 2 choices in the SU catalog
      a. Espresso 6x8 ($9.95 - #135293)
      b. Black Faux Leather 12x12 ($29.95 - #135292)
(I realize this seems pricey, but the price for Faux Leather *is* commensurate with those found elsewhere for PL – I found a Faux Leather white one listed for 29.97 online at a website I shop on weekly!)
      c.  Personally, I'll be surprised if more albums do not appear in the Holiday catalog or as special additions to the catalog. I've been wrong before on these guesses of mine, but I just have a hunch!

2. Photo pocket pages
      a. 6x8 variety pack ($5.95 - #135297 – 12 pieces total of 5 asstd designs)
      b. Design 1 12x12 ($6.<a href="tel:95%20%E2%80%93%20135295%20%E2%80%93%2012" value="+19513529512" target="_blank">95 – 135295 – 12 each of 1 design)
      c. Variety pack 12x12 ($6.95 – 135294 – 2 each of 6 designs for 12 pcs)

3. PL Cards
      a. Digital PL cards – MDS
      b. Exclusive Becky Higgins/SU designs – page 189 new IBC
      c. 4x3 Grid Cards – page 188 new IBC
      d. Make your own using Stampin’ Up! Stamps and inks,coordinating with DSP, pieces from the THIS & THAT collection, washi tape, pieces from the All Inclusive card kits on page 196-197, leftover pieces from My Paper Pumpkin (and what else would you add? DO share!!!)

4. Journaling
      a. Journaling is one of the VIPs** of PL (**Very Important Part)
      b. Journaling pens page 188 new IBC OR use our Stampin’ Write markers (A note about these – they *are* safe for use in scrapbooking, however, since they are water-based, they may fade over time. I have scrapbook pages I wrote on 15 years ago with some SU markers. Still pretty and quite legible.)
      c. Use blank areas of the preprinted PL cards we sell on page 189 OR the grid cards on page 188.
      d. Do some of your journaling by computer. I just open up Microsoft Word and type away. Just a piece of advice – please do not do ALL of your journaling on the computer – leave the legacy of your horrible, beautiful, quirky, or even illegible handwriting for your kids and grandkids. I treasure the recipes I have that were written in my grandmother’s hand!

5. PICTURES!!!!!
      a. The absolutely MOST VIP of PL!
      b. My pictures are ALL digital, so I print my own to the desired size
      c. Have preprinted odd-sized pictures? Scan and print to your specs, or mount on correctly-sized pieces of SU! Cardstock. If they are one-of-a-kind pictures, definitely (PLEASE) make at least a digital copy with backups in offsite locations.*
      d. Don’t have pictures for an event? For my eldest daughter’s 16th birthday, the pictures didn’t turn out – we have none except a photo booth shot from the mall. They went to a movie, so I used ticket stubs, a screen shot of the movie poster and some creative paper piecing on my part…along with a bad copy of the photo from the mall photo booth. Sometimes, you just don’t have a picture of something important – but you can still memorialize it in your scrapbooks!

That’s it – five basic things you need for basic Project Life scrapbooking.
Nancy Keithley
Waller, Texas

If you want the reply to go ONLY to NancyKeithley, please change the email address to: fancynancykay@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Scrapbook-Samples-Scrap-101-UPDATED-Project-LIFE-Basics-tp12113.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n2h56@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Creative Idea Shares, click here.

Tina Batori
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Eugene, Oregon
tbatori99@gmail.com
(541) 556-7714