Scrapbook Samples/Scrap 101 - Life... and Project LIFE!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Scrapbook Samples/Scrap 101 - Life... and Project LIFE!

NancyKeithley

The Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101 Program is a SUDSOL program which seeks to assist you with incorporating Scrapbooking into your Stampin’ Up! Business by sharing demonstratable scrapbook projects on SUDSOL, plus information, tips, and ideas about scrapbooking. If you have specific questions or articles you would like to see in this program, please let me know!

I have a sort of two-fer today. As Stampin' Up! gets in step with many of today's scrapbookers with Project Life, there is a two-fold issue here for those of us who aren't really scrappers. I have been scrapbooking (the right way) for over 20 years (and the wrong way long before that, lol)... One problem many new scrapbookers have is *what* to scrap! Although it was written from the perspective of "a year in the life", this article has a lot of great ideas to give you a kick start: http://www.sudsol.org/members/index.php?action=article&id=3525&relid=14.

Now - about Project Life... in my particular scrapbooking *cult (that's what our hubbies call us - a cult, lol), anyway. we laughingly call PL 'fake scrapbooking' - however, it is interesting that the three youngest moms in our group do PL and are keeping up with their very active kids' pictures (whereas I have a backlog you wouldn't believe - especially after unpacking some of mom's stuff and finding more old pictures!).

[NOTE: According to Merriam Webster online, a cult can also be defined as "a situation in which people admire and care about something or someone very much or too much" or "a small group of very devoted supporters or fans" - since we habitually spend several weekends a year together scrapbooking - and talk about it in between times, that's why our hubbies call us that :) ]

So - here's the skinny on PL, from my perspective:

PROS:
With PL you can get lots of pages done fairly quickly.
There are fewer creative decisions that you have to make as the sizes are pretty much preset.
It's all color-coordinated (one of the Hallmarks of Stampin' Up!)
It is EASY to use
It utilizes photos that are printed professionally in a standard size so no cropping required

CONS:
It's outside the comfort zone of many of us... including me. I've resisted the whole PL thing for many years because I <3 the creative part of scrapbooking, doing up a sketch, laying it out, playing with ribbon and other textures, putting it all together and making my pictures POP!
But, wait... can't I do that with Project Life? {yes!}

ALSO - do you realize that SU already had some pocket cards for scrapping? Typically, I do a scrapbook layout with my ladies at our monthly club meeting... using PL items may throw a kink in that, so I'll probably integrate some papers from our paper stacks as well as some of the pocket cards from MDS, and then will share some of my personal PL creations - HEY, that means I have to get with the scrapping, yes?

I also love that we have a beautiful new album AND full sized 12x12 page protectors are back in the catalog. Nancy is now living in a beautiful scrapping SU world once more! I'm SO excited about PL, the pocket cards, the beautiful embellishments and albums! Please join in my excitement and share your PL creations in the SUDSOL gallery, and watch Scrapbook Samples for more PL goodness - this was just an intro :)

Do you have another idea for a Scrap 101 article? Something you want me to research a bit and write up? I'd love to - please send me your ideas for articles: nancykayk@aol.com! Also, if you upload scrapbook layouts to the gallery, please drop me an email so I can feature some of your pages in a future scrapbook samples article!

Thanks for reading this edition of Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101. Would you like to be featured in one of my SS posts? Upload those layouts, ladies and gents! Yours may be the next one to catch my eye!!! As always, if you have any requests for a specific topic to be covered in a Scrap 101 (or Scrapbook Samples) post, additional suggestions, advice or thoughts, please let me know - the suggestion box is always open for those requests!

*Ü* Nanc ><>
Scrapbook Samples/Scrap 101 Coordinator
Nancy Keithley
Waller, Texas
Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101 Coordinator
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Scrapbook Samples/Scrap 101 - Life... and Project LIFE!

tinabatori

Thanks for a great article, Nancy!  I know many of us are taking a moment to integrate Project Life into our SU life.  I'm really excited about it because I love the idea of Project Life but stayed away from it because it wasn't SU!  Now I can have my scrapbooking cake and eat it too.  And I love the idea of hybrid MDS + Project Life + SU for added texture.  

It's going to be great!

And many of the younger (meaning they don't have grey hair) people I've been talking to are drawn to MDS and Project Life because their pictures are already digital and they can get stuff memorialized in minutes rather than a whole weekend.

Cheers,

Tina Batori
Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant
and
Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator

(541) 556-7714 cell

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 12:32 PM, SUDSOL [NancyKeithley] via Creative Idea Shares <ml-node+s1100894n9200h94@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
fancynancykay@gmail.com?subject=Scrapbook+Samples/Scrap+101+-+Life...+and+Project+LIFE!
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: fancynancykay@gmail.com

The Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101 Program is a SUDSOL program which seeks to assist you with incorporating Scrapbooking into your Stampin’ Up! Business by sharing demonstratable scrapbook projects on SUDSOL, plus information, tips, and ideas about scrapbooking. If you have specific questions or articles you would like to see in this program, please let me know!

I have a sort of two-fer today. As Stampin' Up! gets in step with many of today's scrapbookers with Project Life, there is a two-fold issue here for those of us who aren't really scrappers. I have been scrapbooking (the right way) for over 20 years (and the wrong way long before that, lol)... One problem many new scrapbookers have is *what* to scrap! Although it was written from the perspective of "a year in the life", this article has a lot of great ideas to give you a kick start: http://www.sudsol.org/members/index.php?action=article&id=3525&relid=14.

Now - about Project Life... in my particular scrapbooking *cult (that's what our hubbies call us - a cult, lol), anyway. we laughingly call PL 'fake scrapbooking' - however, it is interesting that the three youngest moms in our group do PL and are keeping up with their very active kids' pictures (whereas I have a backlog you wouldn't believe - especially after unpacking some of mom's stuff and finding more old pictures!).

[NOTE: According to Merriam Webster online, a cult can also be defined as "a situation in which people admire and care about something or someone very much or too much" or "a small group of very devoted supporters or fans" - since we habitually spend several weekends a year together scrapbooking - and talk about it in between times, that's why our hubbies call us that :) ]

So - here's the skinny on PL, from my perspective:

PROS:
With PL you can get lots of pages done fairly quickly.
There are fewer creative decisions that you have to make as the sizes are pretty much preset.
It's all color-coordinated (one of the Hallmarks of Stampin' Up!)
It is EASY to use
It utilizes photos that are printed professionally in a standard size so no cropping required

CONS:
It's outside the comfort zone of many of us... including me. I've resisted the whole PL thing for many years because I <3 the creative part of scrapbooking, doing up a sketch, laying it out, playing with ribbon and other textures, putting it all together and making my pictures POP!
But, wait... can't I do that with Project Life? {yes!}

ALSO - do you realize that SU already had some pocket cards for scrapping? Typically, I do a scrapbook layout with my ladies at our monthly club meeting... using PL items may throw a kink in that, so I'll probably integrate some papers from our paper stacks as well as some of the pocket cards from MDS, and then will share some of my personal PL creations - HEY, that means I have to get with the scrapping, yes?

I also love that we have a beautiful new album AND full sized 12x12 page protectors are back in the catalog. Nancy is now living in a beautiful scrapping SU world once more! I'm SO excited about PL, the pocket cards, the beautiful embellishments and albums! Please join in my excitement and share your PL creations in the SUDSOL gallery, and watch Scrapbook Samples for more PL goodness - this was just an intro :)

Do you have another idea for a Scrap 101 article? Something you want me to research a bit and write up? I'd love to - please send me your ideas for articles: nancykayk@aol.com! Also, if you upload scrapbook layouts to the gallery, please drop me an email so I can feature some of your pages in a future scrapbook samples article!

Thanks for reading this edition of Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101. Would you like to be featured in one of my SS posts? Upload those layouts, ladies and gents! Yours may be the next one to catch my eye!!! As always, if you have any requests for a specific topic to be covered in a Scrap 101 (or Scrapbook Samples) post, additional suggestions, advice or thoughts, please let me know - the suggestion box is always open for those requests!

*Ü* Nanc ><>
Scrapbook Samples/Scrap 101 Coordinator
Nancy Keithley
Waller, Texas
Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101 Coordinator

If you want the reply to go ONLY to NancyKeithley, please change the email address to: fancynancykay@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Scrapbook-Samples-Scrap-101-Life-and-Project-LIFE-tp9200.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n2h56@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Creative Idea Shares, click here.

Tina Batori
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Eugene, Oregon
tbatori99@gmail.com
(541) 556-7714