Scrapbook Samples ~ Culling ideas from wild and wacky sources

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Scrapbook Samples ~ Culling ideas from wild and wacky sources

NancyKeithley

The Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101 Program is a SUDSOL program which seeks to assist you at incorporating Scrapbooking into your Stampin’ Up! Business by sharing demonstratable scrapbook projects on SUDSOL, plus information, tips, and ideas about scrapbooking. If you have specific questions or articles you would like to see in this program, please let me know!

Have you ever wondered how to get ideas for your own scrapbooking or your scrapping classes as you browse our SUDSOL pin board or other online sites? Taking a good look at pages you like created by others is a really great way to get some new ideas for yourself (or your classes!).

When you see a layout that really catches your attention, ask yourself this:

Why is this catching my eye? Is it the number of photos, the colors, the theme/season it depicts, the title, the way it is journaled, the embellishments/clusters used, the framelits/stamps used?

When you pinpoint WHAT you like about a layout, you have a better chance of successfully making it over, or CASEing it with your own photos! (NOTE: CASE stands for Copy And Share Everything.)
Something as simple as the color combination, DSP, embellishments, stamps, number of photos, collection/clusters of photos and embellishments or even the TITLE can really jumpstart new ideas!

Here are some ideas I came across during my scrapbooking adventures over the past 25 years or so that inspired me to make it mine:

Journaling strips, filmstrip style photos, stamped and embellished backgrounds and die cut lettering.

(FYI – this layout is from the scrapbook I created for my youngest daughter when she went away to college. She played basketball all through high school, was an all-star, MVP and played on State Championship teams in the Texas Christian Athletic League in 8th through 12th grades in Volleyball and Softball, and was on the runner-up team in Basketball [three times].)

Katie is now 30, and a mom to an almost 2-year-old baby boy, by the way. You’ll be seeing some layouts with Battle Scott in them pretty soon, I imagine!

Do you have another idea for a Scrap 101 article? Something you want me to research a bit and write up? I'd love to - please send me your ideas for articles to nancykayk@aol.com! Also, if you upload scrapbook layouts to the gallery, please drop me an email so I can feature some of your pages in a future Scrapbook Samples article!

Thanks for reading this edition of Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101. Would you like to be featured in one of my SS posts? Upload those layouts, ladies and gents! Yours may be the next one to catch my eye!!! As always, if you have any requests for a specific topic to be covered in a Scrap 101 (or Scrapbook Samples) post, additional suggestions, advice or thoughts, please let me know - the suggestion box is always open for those requests!

*Ü* Nanc ><>
Scrapbook Samples /Scrap 101 Coordinator

Nancy Keithley
Waller, Texas
Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101 Coordinator