Sales Hurt Regular Orders

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
Locked 14 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Sales Hurt Regular Orders

Darla Olson
I just wanted to take a moment to weigh in on this thread with a different perspective...

Can you imagine if Stampin' Up! had 10% off the entire Annual Catalog for all 6 days? I think we would have still run into the same problems only on a much bigger scale! I appreciate that SU! tries to mix it up with something new for us to offer.

Keep in mind that these sales are designed to increase urgency and to help us get sales!

Did you coach your customers about the urgency of getting their order placed? Did you talk to them about planning which day would be the best day for them to place their order? Like which day of the sale would give them the most savings? Did you offer to place their order for them - early? Customer service is what YOU offer - I think we need to step back and remember that.

The sales that SU! offers are meant to be opportunities for us to provide great customer service. Does this mean that our customer will always get the deal. Probably not. However, if we provided great customer service to our customers - they WILL know that and respond accordingly.

Just my 2 cents.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Sales Hurt Regular Orders

mudmaven

I had one, just one, customer who got an order through that was not unhappy.  She only wanted specific product and it worked for her and I am happy that it did.  The cold hard fact is though, that it didn't work for a lot of customers and they turned their anger on us as the representatives of this company.  That just doesn't work for me.  Sorry.

~chris
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Christine Pereira
Mudmaven Designs

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. - Douglas Adams

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 8:47 AM SUDSOL [Darla Olson] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n45331h46@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
Inkheaven.sudsol@gmail.com?subject=Sales+Hurt+Regular+Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Inkheaven.sudsol@gmail.com

I just wanted to take a moment to weigh in on this thread with a different perspective...

Can you imagine if Stampin' Up! had 10% off the entire Annual Catalog for all 6 days? I think we would have still run into the same problems only on a much bigger scale! I appreciate that SU! tries to mix it up with something new for us to offer.

Keep in mind that these sales are designed to increase urgency and to help us get sales!

Did you coach your customers about the urgency of getting their order placed? Did you talk to them about planning which day would be the best day for them to place their order? Like which day of the sale would give them the most savings? Did you offer to place their order for them - early? Customer service is what YOU offer - I think we need to step back and remember that.

The sales that SU! offers are meant to be opportunities for us to provide great customer service. Does this mean that our customer will always get the deal. Probably not. However, if we provided great customer service to our customers - they WILL know that and respond accordingly.

Just my 2 cents.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Darla Olson, please change the email address to: Inkheaven.sudsol@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45331.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h78@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

grantj
In reply to this post by Darla Olson

Darla,

I like your perspective.

Jan Grant
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769
On November 27, 2018 at 9:47 AM "SUDSOL [Darla Olson] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n45331h60@.nabble> wrote:

Inkheaven.sudsol@gmail.com?subject=Sales Hurt Regular Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Inkheaven.sudsol@

Just my 2 cents.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Darla Olson, please change the email address to: Inkheaven.sudsol@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45331.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Sales Hurt Regular Orders

Darla Olson

Thank you. I doubt if I changed too many minds. However, all this complaining gets on my nerves! Gah!

Darla

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 9:11 AM
To: Inkheaven.sudsol@gmail.com
Subject: Re: SU!: Sales Hurt Regular Orders

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Sales%20Hurt%20Regular%20Orders

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@

Darla,

I like your perspective.

Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769

On November 27, 2018 at 9:47 AM "SUDSOL [Darla Olson] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n45331h60@.nabble> wrote:

Inkheaven.sudsol@?subject=Sales Hurt Regular Orders

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Inkheaven.sudsol@

Just my 2 cents.

http://forum.sudsol.org/file/n45331/Signature.jpg

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Darla Olson, please change the email address to: Inkheaven.sudsol@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45331p45334.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h81@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

Cathy Hansen

Generally, I would agree with this – great customer service is something I place above all else – actually it’s tied with quality in the cards and other projects I offer in my classes.  However, this week for the few small orders I placed on behalf of my customers (some of my customers will absolutely NOT shop online), my great customer service ended up costing me more in shipping fees than I made in commissions!  (In an attempt to induce more sales, for my regular customers I offered to pay the difference between the 10% shipping fee on a typical workshop order and the minimum shipping fee for their individual customer orders.)  I don’t care how you spin it, there’s no way to explain how a 10% discount on a $33 die set offsets a $6.95 shipping fee, resulting in an amount higher than what the customer would have paid for the same die set on a regular non-sale workshop order.  Perhaps not such a great sales incentive after all? 

I’ve been a Stampin’ Up! demo for 13-1/2 years and like many others I’m somewhat disappointed and puzzled by what’s currently happening at Stampin’ Up!  However, I’m still moderately optimistic and will be interested to see how next week’s sale works out.

Cathy Hansen

Stampin’ Up! Independent Demonstrator

720-255-7730

cihansen04@hotmail.com

http://cathyhansen.stampinup.net (shop my online store 24/7)

http://cathyscraftroom.blogspot.com (ideas, instructions & more)

From: ml+s1100894n45331h64@.nabble <ml+s1100894n45331h64@.nabble>
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 8:48 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <cihansen04@>
Subject: SU!: Sales Hurt Regular Orders

Inkheaven.sudsol@gmail.com?subject=Sales%20Hurt%20Regular%20Orders

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Inkheaven.sudsol@gmail.com

Just my 2 cents.

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h96@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

grantj

I'm going to repeat: y'all need to put your concerns, all of them, in the Sandbox. Just copy and paste what you've posted here. Complaining here won't get you anywhere.

Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769
On November 27, 2018 at 10:30 AM "SUDSOL [Cathy Hansen] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n45337h46@.nabble> wrote:

cihansen04@hotmail.com?subject=RE: SU!: Sales Hurt Regular Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cihansen04@

Generally, I would agree with this – great customer service is something I place above all else – actually it’s tied with quality in the cards and other projects I offer in my classes.  However, this week for the few small orders I placed on behalf of my customers (some of my customers will absolutely NOT shop online), my great customer service ended up costing me more in shipping fees than I made in commissions!  (In an attempt to induce more sales, for my regular customers I offered to pay the difference between the 10% shipping fee on a typical workshop order and the minimum shipping fee for their individual customer orders.)  I don’t care how you spin it, there’s no way to explain how a 10% discount on a $33 die set offsets a $6.95 shipping fee, resulting in an amount higher than what the customer would have paid for the same die set on a regular non-sale workshop order.  Perhaps not such a great sales incentive after all? 

I’ve been a Stampin’ Up! demo for 13-1/2 years and like many others I’m somewhat disappointed and puzzled by what’s currently happening at Stampin’ Up!  However, I’m still moderately optimistic and will be interested to see how next week’s sale works out.

Cathy Hansen

720-255-7730

cihansen04@

From: ml+ s1100894n45331h64@.nabble <ml+ s1100894n45331h64@.nabble >
To: SUDSOL Group < cihansen04@ >

Inkheaven.sudsol@?subject=Sales%20Hurt%20Regular%20Orders

Just my 2 cents.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Darla Olson, please change the email address to: Inkheaven.sudsol@

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h96@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cathy Hansen, please change the email address to: cihansen04@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45331p45337.html
Reply | Threaded
|

mudmaven
In reply to this post by Cathy Hansen

I totally applaud the logic in this post and would ask that SU (who are undoubtedly monitoring this conversation) to evaluate the overall results of this current sale.  Has it been worth the bad feelings it has created among customers and demos alike?  With the multitude of great sales offered by other companies during this frenzied sale period, was it really worth it?  Other companies routinely offer much better deals on their products and shipping options than SU does.  Our advantage has always been our extraordinary customer service.  This has not proven to be the case during this latest sale.  I cannot do anything to make my customers feel good about this sale.  Things sold out, items were displayed as "discontinued" causing major panic and overall it was NOT a good experience for most demos and their customers.  Please, please SU pay attention to this feedback.  It simply did not work and don't ignore it, please.

~chris
Christine Pereira
Mudmaven Designs

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. - Douglas Adams

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 9:30 AM SUDSOL [Cathy Hansen] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n45337h32@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
cihansen04@hotmail.com?subject=RE:+SU!:+Sales+Hurt+Regular+Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cihansen04@hotmail.com

Cathy Hansen

720-255-7730

cihansen04@hotmail.com

Inkheaven.sudsol@...?subject=Sales%20Hurt%20Regular%20Orders

Just my 2 cents.

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h96@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cathy Hansen, please change the email address to: cihansen04@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45331p45337.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h78@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Felece
In reply to this post by Cathy Hansen

This post had nothing to do with customer service. My customers rarely take advantage of these 10% discounts because the shipping cost makes it not worth it to them.
I was annoyed that I couldn’t just place a regular order BECAUSE of the sale! I have to now pay extra shipping to order these items post sale. This does not serve my customers because these were thing needed for a class.
I don’t think it hurts to give constructive criticism when things negatively impact the whole reason why we do this.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 27, 2018, at 11:30 AM, SUDSOL [Cathy Hansen] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n45337h51@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

cihansen04@hotmail.com?subject=RE: SU!: Sales Hurt Regular Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cihansen04@hotmail.com

Cathy Hansen

720-255-7730

cihansen04@hotmail.com

Just my 2 cents.

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h97@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

grantj
In reply to this post by mudmaven

Chris,

The SLB can correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that SUDSOL is a private group. It is not monitored by Stampin' Up! That's why people keep saying, put your concerns in the Sandbox.

Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769
On November 27, 2018 at 10:47 AM "SUDSOL [mudmaven] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n45339h8@.nabble> wrote:

cpereira@mudmaven.com?subject=Re: SU!: Sales Hurt Regular Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cpereira@

I totally applaud the logic in this post and would ask that SU (who are undoubtedly monitoring this conversation) to evaluate the overall results of this current sale. Has it been worth the bad feelings it has created among customers and demos alike? With the multitude of great sales offered by other companies during this frenzied sale period, was it really worth it? Other companies routinely offer much better deals on their products and shipping options than SU does. Our advantage has always been our extraordinary customer service. This has not proven to be the case during this latest sale. I cannot do anything to make my customers feel good about this sale. Things sold out, items were displayed as "discontinued" causing major panic and overall it was NOT a good experience for most demos and their customers. Please, please SU pay attention to this feedback. It simply did not work and don't ignore it, please.

~chris
Christine Pereira
Mudmaven Designs

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 9:30 AM SUDSOL [Cathy Hansen] via Business Talk < ml%2Bs1100894n45337h32@.nabble > wrote:
cihansen04@?subject=RE:+SU!:+Sales+Hurt+Regular+Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cihansen04@

Generally, I would agree with this – great customer service is something I place above all else – actually it’s tied with quality in the cards and other projects I offer in my classes. However, this week for the few small orders I placed on behalf of my customers (some of my customers will absolutely NOT shop online), my great customer service ended up costing me more in shipping fees than I made in commissions! (In an attempt to induce more sales, for my regular customers I offered to pay the difference between the 10% shipping fee on a typical workshop order and the minimum shipping fee for their individual customer orders.) I don’t care how you spin it, there’s no way to explain how a 10% discount on a $33 die set offsets a $6.95 shipping fee, resulting in an amount higher than what the customer would have paid for the same die set on a regular non-sale workshop order. Perhaps not such a great sales incentive after all?

I’ve been a Stampin’ Up! demo for 13-1/2 years and like many others I’m somewhat disappointed and puzzled by what’s currently happening at Stampin’ Up! However, I’m still moderately optimistic and will be interested to see how next week’s sale works out.

Cathy Hansen

720-255-7730

cihansen04@

Just my 2 cents.

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h96@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cathy Hansen, please change the email address to: cihansen04@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h78@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to mudmaven, please change the email address to: cpereira@mudmaven.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45331p45339.html
Reply | Threaded
|

mudmaven

Thanks for that insight Jan.  I thought it was regularly monitored as are so many of the other online groups.  I will put my comments in the sandbox! Again, thanks for the insight.

~chris
Christine Pereira
Mudmaven Designs

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 9:59 AM SUDSOL [grantj] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n45341h56@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re:+SU!:+Sales+Hurt+Regular+Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

Chris,

The SLB can correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that SUDSOL is a private group. It is not monitored by Stampin' Up! That's why people keep saying, put your concerns in the Sandbox.

Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769
On November 27, 2018 at 10:47 AM "SUDSOL [mudmaven] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n45339h8@.nabble> wrote:

cpereira@...?subject=Re: SU!: Sales Hurt Regular Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cpereira@

I totally applaud the logic in this post and would ask that SU (who are undoubtedly monitoring this conversation) to evaluate the overall results of this current sale. Has it been worth the bad feelings it has created among customers and demos alike? With the multitude of great sales offered by other companies during this frenzied sale period, was it really worth it? Other companies routinely offer much better deals on their products and shipping options than SU does. Our advantage has always been our extraordinary customer service. This has not proven to be the case during this latest sale. I cannot do anything to make my customers feel good about this sale. Things sold out, items were displayed as "discontinued" causing major panic and overall it was NOT a good experience for most demos and their customers. Please, please SU pay attention to this feedback. It simply did not work and don't ignore it, please.
~chris
Christine Pereira
Mudmaven Designs

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 9:30 AM SUDSOL [Cathy Hansen] via Business Talk < ml%2Bs1100894n45337h32@.nabble > wrote:

Generally, I would agree with this – great customer service is something I place above all else – actually it’s tied with quality in the cards and other projects I offer in my classes. However, this week for the few small orders I placed on behalf of my customers (some of my customers will absolutely NOT shop online), my great customer service ended up costing me more in shipping fees than I made in commissions! (In an attempt to induce more sales, for my regular customers I offered to pay the difference between the 10% shipping fee on a typical workshop order and the minimum shipping fee for their individual customer orders.) I don’t care how you spin it, there’s no way to explain how a 10% discount on a $33 die set offsets a $6.95 shipping fee, resulting in an amount higher than what the customer would have paid for the same die set on a regular non-sale workshop order. Perhaps not such a great sales incentive after all?

I’ve been a Stampin’ Up! demo for 13-1/2 years and like many others I’m somewhat disappointed and puzzled by what’s currently happening at Stampin’ Up! However, I’m still moderately optimistic and will be interested to see how next week’s sale works out.

Cathy Hansen

720-255-7730

cihansen04@

Just my 2 cents.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cathy Hansen, please change the email address to: cihansen04@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to mudmaven, please change the email address to: cpereira@mudmaven.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45331p45339.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45331p45341.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard

Jan is right. We are a private group.
That’s why I feel I can openly vent when I’m not happy about something.
Luckily that’s not often.
Nola

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 27, 2018, at 10:03 AM, SUDSOL [mudmaven] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n45342h78@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

cpereira@mudmaven.com?subject=Re: SU!: Sales Hurt Regular Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cpereira@mudmaven.com

Thanks for that insight Jan. I thought it was regularly monitored as are so many of the other online groups. I will put my comments in the sandbox! Again, thanks for the insight.

~chris
Christine Pereira
Mudmaven Designs

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 9:59 AM SUDSOL [grantj] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n45341h56@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re:+SU!:+Sales+Hurt+Regular+Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

Chris,

Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769

cpereira@...?subject=Re: SU!: Sales Hurt Regular Orders

~chris
Christine Pereira
Mudmaven Designs

Cathy Hansen

720-255-7730

cihansen04@

Just my 2 cents.

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45331p45341.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45331p45342.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Catherine Black

Oh thanks for your outlook. My thought exactly. You need to spin it positively. It will
Not make everyone happy but some people will love the sale. 

Thank you,
Catherine

On Nov 27, 2018, at 11:21 AM, SUDSOL [Darla Olson] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n45336h92@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Inkheaven.sudsol@gmail.com?subject=RE: SU!: Sales Hurt Regular Orders

Thank you. I doubt if I changed too many minds. However, all this complaining gets on my nerves! Gah!

Darla

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 9:11 AM
To: Inkheaven.sudsol@gmail.com

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Sales%20Hurt%20Regular%20Orders

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@

Darla,

I like your perspective.

Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769

Inkheaven.sudsol@?subject=Sales Hurt Regular Orders

Just my 2 cents.

http://forum.sudsol.org/file/n45331/Signature.jpg

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45331p45334.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h81@.nabble

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45331p45336.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

donnab07
In reply to this post by Barbara Felece

Barbara, my sentiments exactly.  I could not place complete orders from last Saturday’s stamp cub because items included in the sale were “discontinued”.  This has not only impacted my customers, but my club hostess as well.  And it will impact me because I feel I should place an order for the items after the sales period and pay the shipping myself.  I have posted in the Sandbox AND have sent an email to DS in an attempt to make sure my concerns are heard.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n45340h82@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n45340h82@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 8:49 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>

stamperbabs@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Sales%20Hurt%20Regular%20Orders

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stamperbabs@

This post had nothing to do with customer service. My customers rarely take advantage of these 10% discounts because the shipping cost makes it not worth it to them.

I was annoyed that I couldn’t just place a regular order BECAUSE of the sale! I have to now pay extra shipping to order these items post sale. This does not serve my customers because these were thing needed for a class.

I don’t think it hurts to give constructive criticism when things negatively impact the whole reason why we do this.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 27, 2018, at 11:30 AM, SUDSOL [Cathy Hansen] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n45337h51@.nabble> wrote:

cihansen04@?subject=RE: SU!: Sales Hurt Regular Orders

Cathy Hansen

720-255-7730

cihansen04@hotmail.com

Just my 2 cents.

Image removed by sender.

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h97@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Felece, please change the email address to: stamperbabs@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45331p45340.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h35@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

Patti Scanlan
Administrator
In reply to this post by grantj
That is correct - we are a private group of SU! only demos. This does allow for a little freedom in "complaining" as our customers don't see it :) However, it is also true that SU! does not either - so it is ok to use SUDSOL to gather your thoughts and insites on something but in order for SU! to see you need to email or add to the Sandbox.

With that - we are closing this topic as it has dissolved into Me Too's and not adding value to the discussion.

Thank you!

Patti

<quote author="grantj">
Chris,

Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769
grantj wrote
Chris,

Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769

> On November 27, 2018 at 10:47 AM "SUDSOL [mudmaven] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n45339h8@.nabble> wrote:
>
>     Click here to reply directly to mudmaven privately at cpereira@
>     If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cpereira@
>
>     ---------------------------------------------
>      
>
>     I totally applaud the logic in this post and would ask that SU (who are undoubtedly monitoring this conversation) to evaluate the overall results of this current sale. Has it been worth the bad feelings it has created among customers and demos alike? With the multitude of great sales offered by other companies during this frenzied sale period, was it really worth it? Other companies routinely offer much better deals on their products and shipping options than SU does. Our advantage has always been our extraordinary customer service. This has not proven to be the case during this latest sale. I cannot do anything to make my customers feel good about this sale. Things sold out, items were displayed as "discontinued" causing major panic and overall it was NOT a good experience for most demos and their customers. Please, please SU pay attention to this feedback. It simply did not work and don't ignore it, please.
>
>
>     ~chris
>     ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
>     Christine Pereira
>     Mudmaven Designs http://mudmaven.blogspot.com/
>
>     I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. - Douglas Adams
>
>
>     On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 9:30 AM SUDSOL [Cathy Hansen] via Business Talk < ml%2Bs1100894n45337h32@.nabble > wrote:
>
>         > >         cihansen04@?subject=RE:+SU!:+Sales+Hurt+Regular+Orders
> >         If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cihansen04@
> >
> >         ---------------------------------------------
> >          
> >
> >
> >         Generally, I would agree with this – great customer service is something I place above all else – actually it’s tied with quality in the cards and other projects I offer in my classes. However, this week for the few small orders I placed on behalf of my customers (some of my customers will absolutely NOT shop online), my great customer service ended up costing me more in shipping fees than I made in commissions! (In an attempt to induce more sales, for my regular customers I offered to pay the difference between the 10% shipping fee on a typical workshop order and the minimum shipping fee for their individual customer orders.) I don’t care how you spin it, there’s no way to explain how a 10% discount on a $33 die set offsets a $6.95 shipping fee, resulting in an amount higher than what the customer would have paid for the same die set on a regular non-sale workshop order. Perhaps not such a great sales incentive after all?
> >
> >          
> >
> >         I’ve been a Stampin’ Up! demo for 13-1/2 years and like many others I’m somewhat disappointed and puzzled by what’s currently happening at Stampin’ Up! However, I’m still moderately optimistic and will be interested to see how next week’s sale works out.
> >
> >          
> >
> >         Cathy Hansen
> >
> >         Stampin’ Up! Independent Demonstrator
> >
> >         720-255-7730
> >
> >         cihansen04@
> >
> >         http://cathyhansen.stampinup.net http://cathyhansen.stampinup.net/ (shop my online store 24/7)
> >
> >         http://cathyscraftroom.blogspot.com http://cathyscraftroom.blogspot.com/ (ideas, instructions & more)
> >
> >          
> >
> >          
> >
> >          
> >
> >         From: ml+s1100894n45331h64@.nabble <ml+s1100894n45331h64@.nabble>
> >         Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 8:48 AM
> >         To: SUDSOL Group <cihansen04@>
> >         Subject: SU!: Sales Hurt Regular Orders
> >
> >          
> >
> >         Inkheaven.sudsol@...?subject=Sales%20Hurt%20Regular%20Orders http://Inkheaven.sudsol@?subject=Sales%20Hurt%20Regular%20Orders
> >
> >         If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Inkheaven.sudsol@
> >
> >
> >
> >         I just wanted to take a moment to weigh in on this thread with a different perspective...
> >
> >         Can you imagine if Stampin' Up! had 10% off the entire Annual Catalog for all 6 days? I think we would have still run into the same problems only on a much bigger scale! I appreciate that SU! tries to mix it up with something new for us to offer.
> >
> >         Keep in mind that these sales are designed to increase urgency and to help us get sales!
> >
> >         Did you coach your customers about the urgency of getting their order placed? Did you talk to them about planning which day would be the best day for them to place their order? Like which day of the sale would give them the most savings? Did you offer to place their order for them - early? Customer service is what YOU offer - I think we need to step back and remember that.
> >
> >         The sales that SU! offers are meant to be opportunities for us to provide great customer service. Does this mean that our customer will always get the deal. Probably not. However, if we provided great customer service to our customers - they WILL know that and respond accordingly.
> >
> >         Just my 2 cents.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >         If you want the reply to go ONLY to Darla Olson, please change the email address to: Inkheaven.sudsol@
> >         This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45331.html http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45331.html
> >
> >         To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h96@.nabble
> >         To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
> >
> >
> >
> >         If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cathy Hansen, please change the email address to: cihansen04@
> >         This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45331p45337.html
> >         To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h78@.nabble
> >         To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
> >
> >     >
>
>     ---------------------------------------------
>     If you want the reply to go ONLY to mudmaven, please change the email address to: cpereira@ mailto:cpereira@
>     This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45331p45339.html
>     To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble
>     To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here http://forum.sudsol.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=1&code=cmV2amFuc3RhbXBzQGNvbWNhc3QubmV0fDF8NTc1NDU2NDU3 .
>
Patti Scanlan Fort Peck, Montana