classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
Locked 11 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Sales Hurt Regular Orders

Barbara Felece
Hi Everyone,

I just got off the phone with Demo Support. I called to inquire why 3 items in the Annual Catalog were not available. I was ordering these items because I need them and not because they were on sale. I was told that these items had reached "peak" in the online extravaganza and would be turned on again on Wednesday of this week. That's all well and good but I'm not happy that I now have to place another order and pay more shipping. Also, the Inventory Status Report that was touted to us as our go-to for checking item availability for customers has not been updated in quite awhile so it's not a good reference! If find this all so annoying and it does not help my business.Guess I'll have to place an item in the sandbox. I'm usually not a "Negative Nelly" but it just seems that maybe SU has too many things going on! I've had to call DS more than I'd like lately trying to track down items for customers that were not on backorder when they were ordered but were missing in their orders and notated as being backordered.Not a good look for customers!

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Sales Hurt Regular Orders

Becky Cummins

I have been thinking about this in a similar way.  If people want to order things that fit into all 3 of the categories, they have to place 3 orders and pay shipping 3 times!  I just decided to wait and only order once.

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Barbara Felece] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n45314h52@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <Firstgr22@>
Sent: Mon, Nov 26, 2018 3:40 pm
Subject: SU!: Sales Hurt Regular Orders

stamperbabs@gmail.com?subject=Sales Hurt Regular Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stamperbabs@

Hi Everyone,

I just got off the phone with Demo Support. I called to inquire why 3 items in the Annual Catalog were not available. I was ordering these items because I need them and not because they were on sale. I was told that these items had reached "peak" in the online extravaganza and would be turned on again on Wednesday of this week. That's all well and good but I'm not happy that I now have to place another order and pay more shipping. Also, the Inventory Status Report that was touted to us as our go-to for checking item availability for customers has not been updated in quite awhile so it's not a good reference! If find this all so annoying and it does not help my business.Guess I'll have to place an item in the sandbox. I'm usually not a "Negative Nelly" but it just seems that maybe SU has too many things going on! I've had to call DS more than I'd like lately trying to track down items for customers that were not on backorder when they were ordered but were missing in their orders and notated as being backordered.Not a good look for customers!

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Felece, please change the email address to: stamperbabs@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45314.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h11@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard

Yes, I totally agree. Stampin’ Up! Dropped the ball on this.
Really who’s going to place 3 separate, pay shipping 3x for just a few things???!!!
Worst extravaganza ever!
My honest opinion!
Nola

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 27, 2018, at 8:14 AM, SUDSOL [Becky Cummins] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n45325h51@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Firstgr22@aol.com?subject=Re: SU!: Sales Hurt Regular Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Firstgr22@aol.com

I have been thinking about this in a similar way.  If people want to order things that fit into all 3 of the categories, they have to place 3 orders and pay shipping 3 times!  I just decided to wait and only order once.

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stamperbabs@

Hi Everyone,

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Felece, please change the email address to: stamperbabs@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45314.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Becky Cummins, please change the email address to: Firstgr22@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45314p45325.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Nancy Sutton

Yes I agree I stopped advertising because there are so many items not avail.  This may be working for Stampin’ Up! sales but it is giving me a bad name.  Everything is either discontinued or out of stock!!!

Nancy Sutton
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Kingston, On
www.facebook.com/2stamp4you
www.rainbowsandbutterflies.stampinup.net

A good day always includes stamping!!

If you no longer want to receive messages from me, simply reply to this email with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line.

On Nov 27, 2018, at 10:17 AM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n45326h59@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Sales%20Hurt%20Regular%20Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com

Really who’s going to place 3 separate, pay shipping 3x for just a few things???!!!
Worst extravaganza ever!
My honest opinion!
Nola

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 27, 2018, at 8:14 AM, SUDSOL [Becky Cummins] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n45325h51@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Firstgr22@aol.com

Hi Everyone,

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Becky Cummins, please change the email address to: Firstgr22@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45314p45325.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45314p45326.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h46@n7.nabble.com

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario
Reply | Threaded
|

Phyllis Strickland

I have learned my lesson over the years.  I ignored this extravagazna because it would be a nightmare to handle customer orders for 3 sales and get them in on time.  I totally expected them to run out of things quickly because look what happened with the Holiday Catalog so that was another big negative.   My customers just do not like to order online.  I also knew very few people would spend enough to offset the shipping costs for 3 separate sales at this time of the year when they need $$ for Christmas gifts, entertaining and travel.   It might be a good time for demos who have plenty of cash from their business to stock up but that's about it.
Phyllis

On Nov 27, 2018, at 10:20 AM, "SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n45327h71@.nabble> wrote:

Yes I agree I stopped advertising because there are so many items not avail.  This may be working for Stampin’ Up! sales but it is giving me a bad name.  Everything is either discontinued or out of stock!!!
Nancy

On Nov 27, 2018, at 10:17 AM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n45326h59@.nabble> wrote:

Worst extravaganza ever!
My honest opinion!
Nola

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Everyone,

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45314p45326.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h46@.nabble

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario
http://www.rainbowsandbutterflies.stampinup.net
http://www.facebook.com/2stamp4you

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Sutton, please change the email address to: sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45314p45327.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h27@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

mudmaven
In reply to this post by Nola Burkhard

I wonder if this was the plan all along.  Get more $$ in shipping to make up for the 10% off on sale items?

~chris
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Christine Pereira
Mudmaven Designs

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. - Douglas Adams

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 8:17 AM SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n45326h91@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Sales+Hurt+Regular+Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com

Worst extravaganza ever!
My honest opinion!
Nola

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 27, 2018, at 8:14 AM, SUDSOL [Becky Cummins] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n45325h51@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Firstgr22@...?subject=Re: SU!: Sales Hurt Regular Orders

Hi Everyone,

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h78@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

joyce pacer
In reply to this post by Becky Cummins

In the past, the November Sale has brought me some great sales.  The prices for many items were discounted in most cases better than 10%.  Plus I could use the hostess code and get hostess benifits myself.

This year my customers have not been impressed with the sale.  I had one order, very small that asked me to place it with an order I was sending in.  I did take advantage and ordered envelopes and some cardstock.  This sale has been a total bust as far as I am concerned.

Several customers did say, if it had been free shipping they would have done some Christmas shopping for some of their creative friends.

18 1/2 years as a demonstrator, this past few months I have been very disappointed with Stampin'Up and find myself loosing faith in the company.  I hope they wake up soon.

On November 27, 2018 at 10:14 AM "SUDSOL [Becky Cummins] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n45325h89@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Firstgr22@

From: SUDSOL [Barbara Felece] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n45314h52@.nabble >
To: SUDSOL Group < Firstgr22@ >

stamperbabs@?subject=Sales Hurt Regular Orders

Hi Everyone,

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Felece, please change the email address to: stamperbabs@

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h7@.nabble
Joyce Pacer
Business Chat
Reply | Threaded
|

Kathy Slamar

I tend to agree it was not a good sale and confusing!
As always, post in sandbox so SU knows what we think!

Kathy Slamar

On Nov 27, 2018, at 9:46 AM, SUDSOL [joyce pacer] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n45330h89@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

joycepacer@comcast.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Sales%20Hurt%20Regular%20Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: joycepacer@comcast.net

In the past, the November Sale has brought me some great sales.  The prices for many items were discounted in most cases better than 10%.  Plus I could use the hostess code and get hostess benifits myself.

This year my customers have not been impressed with the sale.  I had one order, very small that asked me to place it with an order I was sending in.  I did take advantage and ordered envelopes and some cardstock.  This sale has been a total bust as far as I am concerned.

Several customers did say, if it had been free shipping they would have done some Christmas shopping for some of their creative friends.

18 1/2 years as a demonstrator, this past few months I have been very disappointed with Stampin'Up and find myself loosing faith in the company.  I hope they wake up soon.

On November 27, 2018 at 10:14 AM "SUDSOL [Becky Cummins] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n45325h89@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Firstgr22@

From: SUDSOL [Barbara Felece] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n45314h52@.nabble >

Hi Everyone,

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Felece, please change the email address to: stamperbabs@

Joyce Pacer
Business Chat

If you want the reply to go ONLY to joyce pacer, please change the email address to: joycepacer@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45314p45330.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h52@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Laura Altman

I agree we all need to post in the sandbox.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID
On Nov 27, 2018 11:02 AM, "SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n45333h18@.nabble> wrote:
kathy@slamar.com?subject=Re: SU!: Sales Hurt Regular Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathy@slamar.com

I tend to agree it was not a good sale and confusing!
As always, post in sandbox so SU knows what we think!

Kathy Slamar

On Nov 27, 2018, at 9:46 AM, SUDSOL [joyce pacer] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n45330h89@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

joycepacer@comcast.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Sales%20Hurt%20Regular%20Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: joycepacer@comcast.net

Hi Everyone,

Joyce Pacer
Business Chat

If you want the reply to go ONLY to joyce pacer, please change the email address to: joycepacer@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45314p45330.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h52@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathy Slamar, please change the email address to: kathy@slamar.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45314p45333.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h88@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, <a href="http://forum.sudsol.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro&#61;unsubscribe_by_code&amp;node&#61;3&amp;code&#61;bGFsdG1hbjIyQGFvbC5jb218M3wtMjEwNzE2Mzcw">click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Felece
In reply to this post by Nancy Sutton

I feel the same Nancy. These type of sales are more frustrating than anything. I can’t help but think that SU already knows what inventory they have and they set up an urgency that helps them really. Meanwhile when you’re trying to put together a class and things come up “unavailable “ and 3 days later they are once again available I feel manipulated and my customers are puzzled about the reasons. I don’t like being in that kind of spot. It makes me feel like a fraud.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 27, 2018, at 10:20 AM, SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n45327h41@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Sales Hurt Regular Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, On

If you no longer want to receive messages from me, simply reply to this email with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line.

On Nov 27, 2018, at 10:17 AM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n45326h59@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Sales%20Hurt%20Regular%20Orders

Worst extravaganza ever!
My honest opinion!
Nola

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Everyone,

To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h46@n7.nabble.com

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Sutton, please change the email address to: sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45314p45327.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h97@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Felece
In reply to this post by Phyllis Strickland

Amen Phyllis!

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 27, 2018, at 10:31 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n45329h3@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Re: SU!: Sales Hurt Regular Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

I have learned my lesson over the years.  I ignored this extravagazna because it would be a nightmare to handle customer orders for 3 sales and get them in on time.  I totally expected them to run out of things quickly because look what happened with the Holiday Catalog so that was another big negative.   My customers just do not like to order online.  I also knew very few people would spend enough to offset the shipping costs for 3 separate sales at this time of the year when they need $$ for Christmas gifts, entertaining and travel.   It might be a good time for demos who have plenty of cash from their business to stock up but that's about it.
Phyllis

On Nov 27, 2018, at 10:20 AM, "SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n45327h71@.nabble> wrote:

Nancy

On Nov 27, 2018, at 10:17 AM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n45326h59@.nabble> wrote:

Worst extravaganza ever!
My honest opinion!
Nola

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Everyone,

To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h46@.nabble

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario
http://www.rainbowsandbutterflies.stampinup.net
http://www.facebook.com/2stamp4you

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h27@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sales-Hurt-Regular-Orders-tp45314p45329.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h97@n7.nabble.com