Sale-A-Bration

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
18 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Sale-A-Bration

Phyllis Strickland
Does anyone else think all these 1 month promotions and coordinating products have made sale a bration too confusing?  And too easy to miss things. For example now if someone orders one of the stamp sets , and not the special dies, it is on us to remember there are dies for one month to go with that stamp set

My customers get so confused and all of them are smart - good jobs with big corporations.  At the workshop on Sunday One lady said it is giving her a headache , another would notbeven look at all the extra paper and Tonight my Hostess said she feels overwhelmed

PhyllisStrickland

Phyllis
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Sale-A-Bration

Sue Dillon

I totally agree!  Maybe SU! should make the SAB catalog bigger from the beginning offering many more 'FREE' choices and NOT add on any additional offerings.  It's difficult to keep things straight.
Sue

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 8:37 PM SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51654h31@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
pstrickland@me.com?subject=Sale-A-Bration
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

Does anyone else think all these 1 month promotions and coordinating products have made sale a bration too confusing?  And too easy to miss things. For example now if someone orders one of the stamp sets , and not the special dies, it is on us to remember there are dies for one month to go with that stamp set

My customers get so confused and all of them are smart - good jobs with big corporations.  At the workshop on Sunday One lady said it is giving her a headache , another would notbeven look at all the extra paper and Tonight my Hostess said she feels overwhelmed

PhyllisStrickland

Phyllis

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h50@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

grantj
In reply to this post by Phyllis Strickland

Me, too!!!

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

On February 12, 2020 at 7:37 PM "SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n51654h73@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@

Does anyone else think all these 1 month promotions and coordinating products have made sale a bration too confusing?  And too easy to miss things. For example now if someone orders one of the stamp sets , and not the special dies, it is on us to remember there are dies for one month to go with that stamp set

My customers get so confused and all of them are smart - good jobs with big corporations.  At the workshop on Sunday One lady said it is giving her a headache , another would notbeven look at all the extra paper and Tonight my Hostess said she feels overwhelmed

PhyllisStrickland

Phyllis

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

grantj
In reply to this post by Sue Dillon

Sue,

Can you put this suggestion in the Sandbox, maybe with Phyllis' post.

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

On February 12, 2020 at 9:39 PM "SUDSOL [Sue Dillon] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n51657h66@.nabble> wrote:

suedsnooze@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Sale-A-Bration
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: suedsnooze@

I totally agree! Maybe SU! should make the SAB catalog bigger from the beginning offering many more 'FREE' choices and NOT add on any additional offerings. It's difficult to keep things straight.
Sue

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 8:37 PM SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk < ml%2Bs1100894n51654h31@.nabble > wrote:
pstrickland@?subject=Sale-A-Bration
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@

Does anyone else think all these 1 month promotions and coordinating products have made sale a bration too confusing? And too easy to miss things. For example now if someone orders one of the stamp sets , and not the special dies, it is on us to remember there are dies for one month to go with that stamp set

My customers get so confused and all of them are smart - good jobs with big corporations. At the workshop on Sunday One lady said it is giving her a headache , another would notbeven look at all the extra paper and Tonight my Hostess said she feels overwhelmed

PhyllisStrickland

Phyllis

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h50@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Dillon, please change the email address to: suedsnooze@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654p51657.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Pamela Parker
In reply to this post by grantj

I agree.  I don’t have a large customer base, and rely on SAB for a boost in sales.  That hasn’t happened this year.  Customers are confused, overwhelmed, and now holding off to see if something better comes out.  

And taking away the $25 bonus really hurt, too.  How many of the one cute stamp set does one person need?   I have customers who last year relied on SAB to replenish their papers, getting the bonus dollars.  Not happening this year.  

Pam Parker

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 13, 2020, at 7:45 AM, SUDSOL [grantj] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51661h78@.nabble> wrote:

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re: SU!: Sale-A-Bration
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@

Me, too!!!

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

On February 12, 2020 at 7:37 PM "SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n51654h73@.nabble> wrote:

PhyllisStrickland

Phyllis

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654p51661.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h80@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

mudmaven

I totally agree.  My SAB sales are usually really good, this year - not so much. So far no additional sales except my own purchases. My customers really don't like this limited time stuff and adding stuff after the fact.  It's confusing and they usually feel like they are missing out now that the structure is so different and the benefits so much less.

~chris
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Christine Pereira
Mudmaven Designs

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. - Douglas Adams

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 7:27 AM SUDSOL [Pamela Parker] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51664h69@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
parkerp78@gmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Sale-A-Bration
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: parkerp78@gmail.com

I agree.  I don’t have a large customer base, and rely on SAB for a boost in sales.  That hasn’t happened this year.  Customers are confused, overwhelmed, and now holding off to see if something better comes out.  

And taking away the $25 bonus really hurt, too.  How many of the one cute stamp set does one person need?   I have customers who last year relied on SAB to replenish their papers, getting the bonus dollars.  Not happening this year.  

Pam Parker

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 13, 2020, at 7:45 AM, SUDSOL [grantj] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51661h78@.nabble> wrote:

revjanstamps@...?subject=Re: SU!: Sale-A-Bration
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@

Me, too!!!

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

pstrickland@...?subject=Sale-A-Bration

Does anyone else think all these 1 month promotions and coordinating products have made sale a bration too confusing?  And too easy to miss things. For example now if someone orders one of the stamp sets , and not the special dies, it is on us to remember there are dies for one month to go with that stamp set

My customers get so confused and all of them are smart - good jobs with big corporations.  At the workshop on Sunday One lady said it is giving her a headache , another would notbeven look at all the extra paper and Tonight my Hostess said she feels overwhelmed

PhyllisStrickland

Phyllis

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654p51661.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Pamela Parker, please change the email address to: parkerp78@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654p51664.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h78@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Phyllis Strickland

I have received many private replies from others experiencing the same thing.  SU will not know unless we give them feedback in Sandbox or write to DS>

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do this because I am sure they will listen - eventually.   If we don’t tell them, they will think everything is just fine.

Phyllis

On Feb 13, 2020, at 10:12 AM, SUDSOL [mudmaven] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51665h49@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

cpereira@mudmaven.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Sale-A-Bration
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cpereira@mudmaven.com

I totally agree. My SAB sales are usually really good, this year - not so much. So far no additional sales except my own purchases. My customers really don't like this limited time stuff and adding stuff after the fact. It's confusing and they usually feel like they are missing out now that the structure is so different and the benefits so much less.

~chris
Christine Pereira
Mudmaven Designs

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. - Douglas Adams

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 7:27 AM SUDSOL [Pamela Parker] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51664h69@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: parkerp78@gmail.com

I agree. I don’t have a large customer base, and rely on SAB for a boost in sales. That hasn’t happened this year. Customers are confused, overwhelmed, and now holding off to see if something better comes out.

And taking away the $25 bonus really hurt, too. How many of the one cute stamp set does one person need? I have customers who last year relied on SAB to replenish their papers, getting the bonus dollars. Not happening this year.

Pam Parker

Sent from my iPhone

Me, too!!!

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

Does anyone else think all these 1 month promotions and coordinating products have made sale a bration too confusing? And too easy to miss things. For example now if someone orders one of the stamp sets , and not the special dies, it is on us to remember there are dies for one month to go with that stamp set

My customers get so confused and all of them are smart - good jobs with big corporations. At the workshop on Sunday One lady said it is giving her a headache , another would notbeven look at all the extra paper and Tonight my Hostess said she feels overwhelmed

PhyllisStrickland

Phyllis

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Pamela Parker, please change the email address to: parkerp78@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654p51664.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h78@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to mudmaven, please change the email address to: cpereira@mudmaven.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654p51665.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h27@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Sale-A-Bration

Pamela Parker

Phyllis

Where (how) is the best place to voice our concerns? 

Pam

From: ml+s1100894n51666h33@.nabble <ml+s1100894n51666h33@.nabble>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 9:54 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <parkerp78@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Sale-A-Bration

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Sale-A-Bration

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

I have received many private replies from others experiencing the same thing.  SU will not know unless we give them feedback in Sandbox or write to DS>

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do this because I am sure they will listen - eventually.   If we don’t tell them, they will think everything is just fine.

Phyllis

On Feb 13, 2020, at 10:12 AM, SUDSOL [mudmaven] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51665h49@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cpereira@mudmaven.com

I totally agree. My SAB sales are usually really good, this year - not so much. So far no additional sales except my own purchases. My customers really don't like this limited time stuff and adding stuff after the fact. It's confusing and they usually feel like they are missing out now that the structure is so different and the benefits so much less.

~chris
Christine Pereira
Mudmaven Designs

I agree. I don’t have a large customer base, and rely on SAB for a boost in sales. That hasn’t happened this year. Customers are confused, overwhelmed, and now holding off to see if something better comes out.

And taking away the $25 bonus really hurt, too. How many of the one cute stamp set does one person need? I have customers who last year relied on SAB to replenish their papers, getting the bonus dollars. Not happening this year.

Pam Parker

Sent from my iPhone

Me, too!!!

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

PhyllisStrickland

Phyllis

If you want the reply to go ONLY to mudmaven, please change the email address to: cpereira@mudmaven.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654p51665.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654p51666.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h80@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Sale-A-Bration -How to give feedback to Stampin Up

Phyllis Strickland

You can either post in the Product Idea Sandbox on the website or send an email to ds@stampinup.com

Sandbox ix here:

Main Menu  >  Business Resources  >  Product Idea Sandbox

If I have a lot to say, I send an email to DS.   This is one of those times!!!

Hope that helps.

Phyllis

On Feb 13, 2020, at 11:09 AM, SUDSOL [Pamela Parker] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51667h11@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

parkerp78@gmail.com?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Sale-A-Bration

Phyllis

Pam

Phyllis

~chris
Christine Pereira
Mudmaven Designs

Pam Parker

Sent from my iPhone

Me, too!!!

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

PhyllisStrickland

Phyllis

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654p51666.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654p51667.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Sue Dillon

I sent my suggestions and concerns to SU! via the Sandbox.😁
Sue

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 11:18 AM SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51668h65@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
pstrickland@me.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Sale-A-Bration+-How+to+give+feedback+to+Stampin+Up

You can either post in the Product Idea Sandbox on the website or send an email to ds@stampinup.com

Sandbox ix here:

Main Menu  >  Business Resources  >  Product Idea Sandbox

If I have a lot to say, I send an email to DS.   This is one of those times!!!

Hope that helps.

Phyllis

On Feb 13, 2020, at 11:09 AM, SUDSOL [Pamela Parker] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51667h11@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

parkerp78@...?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Sale-A-Bration

Phyllis

Pam

I have received many private replies from others experiencing the same thing.  SU will not know unless we give them feedback in Sandbox or write to DS>

Phyllis

~chris
Christine Pereira
Mudmaven Designs

Pam Parker

Sent from my iPhone

Me, too!!!

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

PhyllisStrickland

Phyllis

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654p51667.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml%2Bs1100894n3h27@n7.nabble.com

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654p51668.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h50@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Kathy Slamar

I totally agree that my sales are down and there isn’t an incentive to be a hostess multiple times during SAB, since there is only one stamp set.  A lot of my customers are mot excited by that stamp set either.

I’m glad to hear that we are letting DS know.  That’s important!

Kathy Slamar

On Feb 13, 2020, at 10:49 AM, SUDSOL [Sue Dillon] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51669h98@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

suedsnooze@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Sale-A-Bration%20-How%20to%20give%20feedback%20to%20Stampin%20Up
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: suedsnooze@gmail.com

I sent my suggestions and concerns to SU! via the Sandbox.😁
Sue

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 11:18 AM SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51668h65@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
pstrickland@me.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Sale-A-Bration+-How+to+give+feedback+to+Stampin+Up

Sandbox ix here:

Main Menu > Business Resources > Product Idea Sandbox

If I have a lot to say, I send an email to DS. This is one of those times!!!

Hope that helps.

Phyllis

On Feb 13, 2020, at 11:09 AM, SUDSOL [Pamela Parker] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51667h11@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

parkerp78@...?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Sale-A-Bration

Phyllis

Pam

I have received many private replies from others experiencing the same thing. SU will not know unless we give them feedback in Sandbox or write to DS>

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do this because I am sure they will listen - eventually. If we don’t tell them, they will think everything is just fine.

Phyllis

~chris
Christine Pereira
Mudmaven Designs

Pam Parker

Sent from my iPhone

Me, too!!!

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

PhyllisStrickland

Phyllis

To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml%2Bs1100894n3h27@n7.nabble.com

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654p51668.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Dillon, please change the email address to: suedsnooze@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654p51669.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h52@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Rita Poll
In reply to this post by mudmaven

Agreed

From: ml+s1100894n51665h31@.nabble <ml+s1100894n51665h31@.nabble>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 9:12 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <crpoll@>

~chris
Christine Pereira
Mudmaven Designs

Pam Parker

Sent from my iPhone

Me, too!!!

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

PhyllisStrickland

Phyllis

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h9@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Cindy McCool
In reply to this post by Sue Dillon
Sue Dillon wrote
I totally agree!  Maybe SU! should make the SAB catalog bigger from the
beginning offering many more 'FREE' choices and NOT add on any additional
offerings.  It's difficult to keep things straight.
Sue

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 8:37 PM SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business
Talk <ml+s1100894n51654h31@.nabble> wrote:

> Click here to reply directly to Phyllis Strickland privately at
> pstrickland@ <pstrickland@?subject=Sale-A-Bration>
> If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL
> members, unless you change the To: email address to the author:
> pstrickland@
> ------------------------------
> Does anyone else think all these 1 month promotions and coordinating
> products have made sale a bration too confusing?  And too easy to miss
> things. For example now if someone orders one of the stamp sets , and not
> the special dies, it is on us to remember there are dies for one month to
> go with that stamp set
>
> My customers get so confused and all of them are smart - good jobs with
> big corporations.  At the workshop on Sunday One lady said it is giving her
> a headache , another would notbeven look at all the extra paper and Tonight
> my Hostess said she feels overwhelmed
>
> PhyllisStrickland
>
> Phyllis
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the
> email address to: pstrickland@
> This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here:
> http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654.html
> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email
> ml+s1100894n3h50@.nabble
> To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here
> <http://forum.sudsol.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=3&code=c3VlZHNub296ZUBnbWFpbC5jb218M3wtNjUyMzE3NTk2>
> .
>

I totally agree plus now I have to rely on home printed fliers since there isn't time to get a slick one from SU. Also, why can't the shrink wrap the two catalogs together so they don't get lost in the mail.  I can't tell you how many of my customers got one but not the other and were confused by the fact that there were two!
Cindy McCool
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)
Reply | Threaded
|

Phyllis Strickland

I like this idea.  We should suggest it. If we don’t get sales when they’re hot and they wait for something better, we might not get the sale at all.  Especially if the decided they want product #1 but it sold out...  yes that happened last year

I applaud SU for trying new things and I assume for business reasons(like stay in business) they intend for it to be better or exciting. But I don’t think they thought this through

What makes it worse, bloggers are already talking about March and we aren’t even done with the current promotion. People do NOT pay attention so they get confused.  I saw such and such but I have to tell them it’s for March meanwhile I’m trying to drum up business for the hostess. 

Phyllis

On Feb 13, 2020, at 6:26 PM, SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51681h45@.nabble> wrote:

cindy@mccoolmgt.com?subject=Re: SU!: Sale-A-Bration
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindy@

Sue Dillon wrote
Sue

> pstrickland@
> go with that stamp set
>
>
> PhyllisStrickland
>
> Phyllis
> < .
>
I totally agree plus now I have to rely on home printed fliers since there isn't time to get a slick one from SU. Also, why can't the shrink wrap the two catalogs together so they don't get lost in the mail.  I can't tell you how many of my customers got one but not the other and were confused by the fact that there were two!
Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@
650-867-0037 (text)

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h27@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Libby Dyson

These are all great ideas but they need to be put in the sandbox by as many demos as possible, otherwise SU won't know how we feel

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 at 14:43, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51682h19@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
pstrickland@me.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Sale-A-Bration

I like this idea.  We should suggest it. If we don’t get sales when they’re hot and they wait for something better, we might not get the sale at all.  Especially if the decided they want product #1 but it sold out...  yes that happened last year

I applaud SU for trying new things and I assume for business reasons(like stay in business) they intend for it to be better or exciting. But I don’t think they thought this through

What makes it worse, bloggers are already talking about March and we aren’t even done with the current promotion. People do NOT pay attention so they get confused.  I saw such and such but I have to tell them it’s for March meanwhile I’m trying to drum up business for the hostess. 

Phyllis

On Feb 13, 2020, at 6:26 PM, SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51681h45@.nabble> wrote:

cindy@...?subject=Re: SU!: Sale-A-Bration
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindy@

Sue Dillon wrote
I totally agree!  Maybe SU! should make the SAB catalog bigger from the
offerings.  It's difficult to keep things straight.
Sue

> pstrickland@
> products have made sale a bration too confusing?  And too easy to miss
> go with that stamp set
>
> big corporations.  At the workshop on Sunday One lady said it is giving her
>
> PhyllisStrickland
>
> Phyllis
> < .
>
I totally agree plus now I have to rely on home printed fliers since there isn't time to get a slick one from SU. Also, why can't the shrink wrap the two catalogs together so they don't get lost in the mail.  I can't tell you how many of my customers got one but not the other and were confused by the fact that there were two!
Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@
650-867-0037 (text)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy McCool, please change the email address to: cindy@mccoolmgt.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654p51681.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654p51682.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h70@n7.nabble.com

--
Reply | Threaded
|

joyce pacer
In reply to this post by Phyllis Strickland

I think they are not thinking a lot of things through before they leap into }That Great Idea}They use surveys all the time, why don't they survey that great idea before leaping in?
On February 13, 2020 at 10:43 PM "SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n51682h56@.nabble> wrote:

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Re: SU!: Sale-A-Bration

I like this idea.  We should suggest it. If we don’t get sales when they’re hot and they wait for something better, we might not get the sale at all.  Especially if the decided they want product #1 but it sold out...  yes that happened last year

What makes it worse, bloggers are already talking about March and we aren’t even done with the current promotion. People do NOT pay attention so they get confused.  I saw such and such but I have to tell them it’s for March meanwhile I’m trying to drum up business for the hostess. 

Phyllis

On Feb 13, 2020, at 6:26 PM, SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n51681h45@.nabble > wrote:

cindy@?subject=Re: SU!: Sale-A-Bration

Sue Dillon wrote
Sue

Talk < ml+s1100894n51654h31@.nabble > wrote:

> pstrickland@  < pstrickland@ ?subject=Sale-A-Bration>
> pstrickland@
> go with that stamp set
>
>
> PhyllisStrickland
>
> Phyllis
> < .
>
Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@
650-867-0037 (text)

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654p51682.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h7@.nabble

Joyce Pacer
Business Chat
Reply | Threaded
|

Diane Clark

I thought they test marketed some stuff with demos?!?  That would be a novel idea...diane clark

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [joyce pacer] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51685h40@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <dianecl6@>
Sent: Fri, Feb 14, 2020 11:36 am

joycepacer@comcast.net?subject=Re: SU!: Sale-A-Bration
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: joycepacer@

I think they are not thinking a lot of things through before they leap into }That Great Idea}They use surveys all the time, why don't they survey that great idea before leaping in?
On February 13, 2020 at 10:43 PM "SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk" < ml+s1100894n51682h56@.nabble > wrote:

pstrickland@?subject=Re: SU!: Sale-A-Bration

Phyllis

On Feb 13, 2020, at 6:26 PM, SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n51681h45@.nabble > wrote:

cindy@ ?subject=Re: SU!: Sale-A-Bration

Sue Dillon wrote
Sue

> pstrickland@
> go with that stamp set
>
>
> PhyllisStrickland
>
> Phyllis
> < .
>
Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@
650-867-0037 (text)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@

Joyce Pacer
Business Chat

If you want the reply to go ONLY to joyce pacer, please change the email address to: joycepacer@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654p51685.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h98@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Rose Wilkos

I think the idea is good – just a little too much.  If, for instance, they only did one ‘add on’ and made the second issue work with somethings in the first issue (like stamps in book one then dies or dsp to match in the second issue) – it would keep the interest moving.  I’m sure it was designed to help us; they just ‘helped’ too much

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, February 14, 2020 1:19 PM
To: rose@wilkos.net

dianecl6@aol.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Sale-A-Bration

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: dianecl6@

I thought they test marketed some stuff with demos?!?  That would be a novel idea...diane clark

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [joyce pacer] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51685h40@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <dianecl6@>
Sent: Fri, Feb 14, 2020 11:36 am

joycepacer@?subject=Re: SU!: Sale-A-Bration

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: joycepacer@

On February 13, 2020 at 10:43 PM "SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk" < ml+s1100894n51682h56@.nabble > wrote:

pstrickland@?subject=Re: SU!: Sale-A-Bration

Phyllis

cindy@ ?subject=Re: SU!: Sale-A-Bration

Sue Dillon wrote

Sue

> pstrickland@
> go with that stamp set
>
>
> PhyllisStrickland
>
> Phyllis
> < .
>

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@
650-867-0037 (text)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy McCool, please change the email address to: cindy@...
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654p51681.html

Joyce Pacer
Business Chat

If you want the reply to go ONLY to joyce pacer, please change the email address to: joycepacer@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654p51685.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h98@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Clark, please change the email address to: dianecl6@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Sale-A-Bration-tp51654p51686.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h97@.nabble