classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SUDSOL Design Challenge Reminder - Card in a box

Claudia Perry

Sample for this week's SDC Challenge:

Did you know that it pays to participate in the Design Challenge! Since we have 5 participants we can give away ONE WEEK of free SUDSOL time after the voting has closed (time will be added to the winners membership). How great is that?! So don't wait, because voting has startedbut you can still be part and add YOUR sample!

This week's

SUDSOL

Design Challenge

SDC290

Challenge Details:
Lately there is a trend going around and that is to make pop-up card, especially one called "Card in a box". I have seen several versions and then made one myself and found they are not difficult at all and really fun! So if you already have instructions you want to follow go ahead with those. If you don't have any yet, you can use the ones I used for my stamp club. I simply used one that I had found but adjusted the flaps a little. I made a video for my club members. so this is pretty lengthy… You can always just watch the important part only:
http://youtu.be/zinnbwXzVDE

Here is the typed info for it!
Box Card: 
Smoky Slate Card = 5 1/2 by 9 (1) place horizontally in score tool and score at 2 1/8, 4 1/4, 6 3/8 and 8 1/2 turn to portrait and score at 2 1/4 place horizontally and cut each line up to the 2 1/4 score line. Assemble open ended box...
Inserts: Smoky Slate = 3 1/8 by 1 (2) place horizontally in score tool and score at 1/2 from each end. Z-fold and adhere to inside of box towards top. 
Long Back Panel of box: Island Indigo = 5 3/8 by 2 and White = 5 1/4 by 1 7/8
Flaps (4): Island Indigo = 2 1/8 by 2 and DSP = 2 by 1 7/8
Box Panels (3): Island Indigo = 3 1/8 by 2 and DSP = 3 by 1 7/8

Challenge Rules: 

Please upload to the SUDSOL Design Challenge Gallery - and TITLE and/or keyword the upload "SDC290". Please don't select a stamp set category, only fill in the name of it in the stamp set field. Voting will take place starting Friday and run until 5:00pm (EST) on Sunday.

So don't miss out, because voting has started! Run and cast your vote or better yet, submit your sample for others to vote on!

To be able to vote, you must be logged into the gallery (see button on top right of screen). Once done that, please go to the Design Challenge section (click here) and click on the Vote link under the item you want to vote on! If you are not logged into the gallery but only the main SUDSOL site, you will not see the vote link…

Also, please feel free to email your creation to sudsol@yahoogroups.com so others can adore it and get inspired to participate in this challenge! You may also upload your SDC creations to your personal blog and reference that it was for a SUDSOL Design Challenge. This is a fun and creative way to inspire your customers as well as fellow SU! Demonstrators.

Instructions on how to upload samples to the Gallery are located here.

Claudia Perry
SUDSOL Design Challenge Coordinator

Claudia Perry
SUDSOL Design Challenge Coordinator