SUDSOL Blast from the Past - Planning your Purchases

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SUDSOL Blast from the Past - Planning your Purchases

Ann Lewis

This fortnight's article, Planning your Purchases, comes from July 2004 Stampin' Success (p. 3).  I found it a very interesting article because it is timely for me.  I am a member of a number of demonstrator only Facebook groups.  It is a common to read, ' oh now that I have seen what you have created with that stamp set, I now want it'.

I have to admit that I am one of those demonstrators who can sometimes confuse 'need' with 'greed'.  At the end of every catalogue, the retirement list comes out and one or two (and sometimes more) of my stamp sets have retired and I have yet to use them.  So I dash madly around creating a class featuring them to justify the expenditure.

Planning your purchases acknowledges that feeling of excitement when you first see the new catalogue and the exhilaration when you BBB arrives.  But it also cautions to plan your investments wisely.

Lucky for me, it also provides some useful suggestions on how to purchase supplies without breaking the bank.

Here are some the ideas:

Have a rubber stamp garage sale (perhaps we need to update this to rubber and photopolymer) and reinvest the proceeds back into your business;
Set a budget and remember that you don't need to have it all at one time.  Plan your classes ahead and schedule your purchases based on your planning;
You can always use your older current stamp sets in workshops with 'new to Stampin' Up!' customers;
Before buying the newest accessories, identify several ways to demonstrate them so you know you are making a wise purchase;
Plan your personal purchases so that they will help you meet your quarterly minimums; and
Use your Stampin' Rewards and Instant Income to to purchase items on your wish list.
Now I have written this article, I will have to take my own advice.

Your Blast from the Past Co-ordinator

Ann Lewis
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: SUDSOL Blast from the Past - Planning your Purchases

Christine Bennett

Thanks Ann,  for the great ideas, I know I should heed it,

especially since I did pre order the Thoughtful Branches

even though I don't NEED it.

cheers Christine

On 7/07/2016 11:37 a.m., SUDSOL [Ann Lewis] via Business Talk wrote:
annspaperworks@iinet.net.au?subject=SUDSOL%20Blast%20from%20the%20Past%20-%20Planning%20your%20Purchases
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: annspaperworks@iinet.net.au

This fortnight's article, Planning your Purchases, comes from July 2004 Stampin' Success (p. 3).  I found it a very interesting article because it is timely for me.  I am a member of a number of demonstrator only Facebook groups.  It is a common to read, ' oh now that I have seen what you have created with that stamp set, I now want it'.

I have to admit that I am one of those demonstrators who can sometimes confuse 'need' with 'greed'.  At the end of every catalogue, the retirement list comes out and one or two (and sometimes more) of my stamp sets have retired and I have yet to use them.  So I dash madly around creating a class featuring them to justify the expenditure.

Planning your purchases acknowledges that feeling of excitement when you first see the new catalogue and the exhilaration when you BBB arrives.  But it also cautions to plan your investments wisely.

Lucky for me, it also provides some useful suggestions on how to purchase supplies without breaking the bank.

Here are some the ideas:

Have a rubber stamp garage sale (perhaps we need to update this to rubber and photopolymer) and reinvest the proceeds back into your business;
Set a budget and remember that you don't need to have it all at one time.  Plan your classes ahead and schedule your purchases based on your planning;
You can always use your older current stamp sets in workshops with 'new to Stampin' Up!' customers;
Before buying the newest accessories, identify several ways to demonstrate them so you know you are making a wise purchase;
Plan your personal purchases so that they will help you meet your quarterly minimums; and
Use your Stampin' Rewards and Instant Income to to purchase items on your wish list.
Now I have written this article, I will have to take my own advice.

Your Blast from the Past Co-ordinator

Ann Lewis

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Ann Lewis, please change the email address to: annspaperworks@iinet.net.au
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/SUDSOL-Blast-from-the-Past-Planning-your-Purchases-tp30194.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h2@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

-- 
Blog: www.christinebennett.stampinup.net/blog
Follow me: www.pinterest.com/bennett5244  
Like me: www.facebook.com/ChristinesCraftyBlog
Shop with me: www.christinebennett.stampinup.net Click on ShopNow
for World Organic Skin care and Make up www.facebook.com/christinebennettworldorganic
To Unsubscribe - hit Reply and type unsubscribe -
       No worries - you can always subscribe again!