SU!: "Painting" with ink

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SU!: "Painting" with ink

grantj

Has anyone tried painting with our ink refills? With either the dye or old craft?

I'm making my son and daughter-in-law a shadow box of their wedding and want the little cubbie holes to be in the wedding colors. I've given the pieces a base coat of white acrylic paint.

I'm thinking of spraying ink, or painting it on, or . . . .?

Has anyone tried this?

Most of her colors are retired -- Bravo Burgundy, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip -- so I'd like to keep use of the colors on this level to a minimum as there are still scrapbooks to be made. It was an outdoor wedding so it doesn't have to be smooth and perfect, I'm going for "elegant rustic."

Janice Grant
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769
revjanstamps@
My Stampin' Up! Website: JanGrantStampinUp.net

Visit my blog at: WeStampTogether

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: SU!: "Painting" with ink

Sheri Thompson

Add drops of ink refill to white acrylic paint. Then paint!

Sheri Thompson, SU! Demo since 2002
and proud to serve YOU for 11 years!

I can help inspire you to create unique cards, gifts, and scrapbooks
that you can share with friends and family for years to come.
Inspire. Create. Share. Stampin' Up! It's more than just stamps!

W: www.travelingstamps.stampinup.net
T: 214-556-9319
E: sheri@travelingstamps.com
Blog: www.sisterhoodofthetravelingstamps.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sisterhoodofthetravelingstamps
Twitter: www.twitter.com/travelingstamps
Order 24/7 at My On-line Store
YouTube: www.youtube.com/travelingstamps
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/travelingstamps

Switch your blog from Blogger to WordPress for under $40.  Click here for details.

To keep receiving my email newsletters, sign up or update your preferences here.
Thanks!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: SU!: "Painting" with ink
Date: Mon, November 04, 2013 1:40 pm
To: Sudsol Group <sudsol@yahoogroups.com>

Has anyone tried painting with our ink refills? With either the dye or old craft?

I'm making my son and daughter-in-law a shadow box of their wedding and want the little cubbie holes to be in the wedding colors. I've given the pieces a base coat of white acrylic paint. 

I'm thinking of spraying ink, or painting it on, or . . . .?

Has anyone tried this?

Most of her colors are retired -- Bravo Burgundy, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip -- so I'd like to keep use of the colors on this level to a minimum as there are still scrapbooks to be made. It was an outdoor wedding so it doesn't have to be smooth and perfect, I'm going for "elegant rustic."

Janice Grant
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769
revjanstamps@comcast.net
My Stampin' Up! Website: JanGrantStampinUp.net
Visit my blog at: WeStampTogether

__._,_.___
Reply via web post sheri@travelingstamps.com?subject=RE%3A%20SU%21%3A%20%22Painting%22%20with%20ink sudsol@yahoogroups.com?subject=RE%3A%20SU%21%3A%20%22Painting%22%20with%20ink Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
Visit the SUDSOL website at: http://www.sudsol.org/members/
for shared samples, project and business ideas.  Friend us on Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/SUDSOLNews

This is the SUDSOL Yahoo mailing list
Need assistance with SUDSOL? Please email slb@
Yahoo! Groups
Switch to: sudsol-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change Delivery Format: Traditional, sudsol-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email Delivery: Digestsudsol-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=UnsubscribeTerms of Useygroupsnotifications@yahoogroups.com?subject=Feedback on the redesigned individual mail v1

__,_._,___
Sheri Thompson demo since 2002... W: www.travelingstamps.stampinup.net... T: 214-556-9319... E: sheri@travelingstamps.com... Blog: www.sisterhoodofthetravelingstamps.com... Facebook: www.facebook.com/sisterhoodofthetravelingstamps... Twitter: www.twitter.com/travelingstamps... YouTube: www.youtube.com/travelingstamps... Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/travelingstamps/...