classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SU!: need punch art help

Julie Wick

Hi Ladies,
I am working on a punch art card for a good friend whose birthday is this Friday.  My husband calls him Walter( a little background...Walter is an old man puppet that ventriloquist Jeff Dunham uses in his show...wrinkled, grumpy and really grouchy.  Looks like he ate a couple dozen lemons!).  I am amazing myself with this...I usually just copy everyone else's creations, so this is my first really mine punch art!  However, I am stuck on his mouth...I am thinking I may just have to draw it on...I need the help of any of you brilliant ladies who are familiar with Jeff Dunham and Walter!  I'll post the finished card when I am done.
Thanks in advance!
Julie Wick
De Graff, OH
--

As for me and my stamps, we will serve the Lord.  Inklesiates 24:7
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: need punch art help

Maria Pobre

I'm familiar with Walter... and I think I would use a tiny "bite" of the narrow end of the Large Oval Punch... or is that too big?

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)
Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

Blog:  http://www.stampingwithmia.com
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Country-Crafts-and-More/163957776947703
PartyLite:  http://www.partylite.biz/sites/miaguam

> On Oct 30, 2013, at 11:12 AM, Julie Wick <gandjwick@> wrote:
>
> Hi Ladies,
>
> I am working on a punch art card for a good friend whose birthday is this Friday.  My husband calls him Walter( a little background...Walter is an old man puppet that ventriloquist Jeff Dunham uses in his show...wrinkled, grumpy and really grouchy.  Looks like he ate a couple dozen lemons!).  I am amazing myself with this...I usually just copy everyone else's creations, so this is my first really mine punch art!  However, I am stuck on his mouth...I am thinking I may just have to draw it on...I need the help of any of you brilliant ladies who are familiar with Jeff Dunham and Walter!  I'll post the finished card when I am done.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Julie Wick
>
> De Graff, OH
> --
>
> As for me and my stamps, we will serve the Lord.  Inklesiates 24:7
>
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: need punch art help

Deb Lampe
In reply to this post by Julie Wick

Yep, Walters mouth is just downward turned mouth. I like Marias idea, or drawing it on would work too.
Deb

Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:12 PM
To: Sudsol
Subject: SU!: need punch art help

Hi Ladies,

I am working on a punch art card for a good friend whose birthday is this Friday.  My husband calls him Walter( a little background...Walter is an old man puppet that ventriloquist Jeff Dunham uses in his show...wrinkled, grumpy and really grouchy.  Looks like he ate a couple dozen lemons!).  I am amazing myself with this...I usually just copy everyone else's creations, so this is my first really mine punch art!  However, I am stuck on his mouth...I am thinking I may just have to draw it on...I need the help of any of you brilliant ladies who are familiar with Jeff Dunham and Walter!  I'll post the finished card when I am done.

Thanks in advance!

Julie Wick

De Graff, OH
--

Reply | Threaded
|

SU!: RE: need punch art help

Jackie Topa
In reply to this post by Julie Wick

image001.jpg (494 bytes) Download Attachment
image002.jpg (456 bytes) Download Attachment

Walter looks like his whole chin area is separate from his face so for “closed mouth Walter” I would add an extra large oval as his chin, trim the bottom to match the head shape and curl the top tip down slightly to look like his lip. I’d also sponge on a bit of color for the lip. For “open mouth Walter” I’d add a dark Extra Large Oval and a skin color one slightly lower to look like his mouth and chin.  You’d have to cut a couple of teeth by hand because we probably don’t have a suitable punch. I googled some images of him. I always find it easier to figure out punch art if I’m looking at a picture.

Jackie Topa

My blog: www.jackietopa.com

Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:13 PM
To: Sudsol
Subject: SU!: need punch art help

Hi Ladies,

I am working on a punch art card for a good friend whose birthday is this Friday.  My husband calls him Walter( a little background...Walter is an old man puppet that ventriloquist Jeff Dunham uses in his show...wrinkled, grumpy and really grouchy.  Looks like he ate a couple dozen lemons!).  I am amazing myself with this...I usually just copy everyone else's creations, so this is my first really mine punch art!  However, I am stuck on his mouth...I am thinking I may just have to draw it on...I need the help of any of you brilliant ladies who are familiar with Jeff Dunham and Walter!  I'll post the finished card when I am done.

Thanks in advance!

Julie Wick

De Graff, OH
--