SU!: Ugh!! Help me with these Expressions Thinlets! It won't cut!! [1 Attachment]

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SU!: Ugh!! Help me with these Expressions Thinlets! It won't cut!! [1 Attachment]

Megan Lawson

photo.JPG (32K) Download Attachment

Hi Sudsol family,

Well, here I am cutting for class tomorrow and I can't get this "Thankful" die to cut. I am using new cutting platforms and acrylics, even a shim, and I run it through multiple times! It won't cut! Can anyone help? 😩

-Megan

Sent from my iPhone
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Ugh!! Help me with these Expressions Thinlets! It won't cut!! [1 Attachment]

Coleen Astalos
Looks like you still need a thicker sandwich.  Do you have the magnetic platform?  I find my magnetic platform is slightly thicker than multi-purpose platform.   So you might try it.  You can also try putting a piece of cardstock between the platform and the cutting plate (same place you'd put a shim) to see if something thicker than the shim will allow it to cut.

Also, what direction are you putting it thru the machine?  It looks like maybe you're doing it so the whole word goes thru the roller at the same time.  Try rotating it 90 degrees.  So the start or end of the word goes thru first and it takes several cranks before you get to the end of the word.  Does that make sense?
Coleen
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Ugh!! Help me with these Expressions Thinlets! It won't cut!!

davism
In reply to this post by Megan Lawson

Hi Megan:  I used the "Merry" on a card for my club and it worked with the following sandwich: 1. magnetic platform, cutting plate, next put down a sheet of wax paper, then I adhered our multipurpose adhesive sheet to the paper I was cutting the thinlet out of (I used the new silver foil sheet)  It came right out and the best thing was that I didn't have to apply any mono or glue.  I just poked it out and applied it to the page. Hope this helps.  Mary

>^..^<
Mary Davis, supervisor from Yates County, New York
My ETSY store: Krafty Kuzins
http://marydstamper.stampinup.net
2011 featured sewer at Convention

---- Megan Lawson <lovemysfgiants@> wrote:
> Hi Sudsol family,
>
> Well, here I am cutting for class tomorrow and I can't get this "Thankful" die to cut. I am using new cutting platforms and acrylics, even a shim, and I run it through multiple times! It won't cut! Can anyone help? 😩
>
> -Megan
>

Mary Davis, senior supervisor
Stampin' in the Finger Lakes
2011 featured sewer at Convention
mdavis74@rochester.rr.com