SU!: USPS

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SU!: USPS

Tia Hurt

Did y'all know that Priority Mail does not mean 2 day delivery anymore and that overnight express mail is not available to places a certain distance away from a major city?  Also, my PO was out of small flat rate boxes today so I had to purchase a small box they had which was the same size, and pay the regular priority mail fee.  All three pkgs I mailed they told me delivery by Friday at the Priority fee.  This is Monday!  I realize there is a holiday on Thurs but I would have expected all 3 to be delivered by Weds!  Is this something recent that has changed?  I could have sworn Priority was 2-3 days at the most.

Tia Hurt
Sent from my iPhone
Tia Hurt Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator www.tiahurt.stampinup.net Serving the Spring, TX Area
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: USPS

wader

Tia,

I have learned all this as well too, the hard way.

AND...they can tell you when it will be delivered and it still not arrive
and there is nothing you can do about it because in the fine print they say
not guaranteed.

I think its almost painful to work with the post office on most occasions.
But we have little choice but to use UPS and it's so much more expensive.

Now when I ship classes or kits, I always guarantee a date I will ship by,
but no longer will guarantee a date when it will arrive.

Good luck dealing with them.  I actually just bought a Dymo printer and
print my own stamps now, and call them to pick up my packages because I
dread going in there so much.

Love,
Ronda Wade
Www.rondawade.com
On Nov 25, 2013 7:16 PM, "Tia Hurt" <tjhurt01@> wrote:

>
>
> Did y'all know that Priority Mail does not mean 2 day delivery anymore and
> that overnight express mail is not available to places a certain distance
> away from a major city? Also, my PO was out of small flat rate boxes today
> so I had to purchase a small box they had which was the same size, and pay
> the regular priority mail fee. All three pkgs I mailed they told me
> delivery by Friday at the Priority fee. This is Monday! I realize there is
> a holiday on Thurs but I would have expected all 3 to be delivered by Weds!
> Is this something recent that has changed? I could have sworn Priority was
> 2-3 days at the most.
>
> Tia Hurt
> Sent from my iPhone
>  
>
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Tia Hurt

Additional FYI... Priority Mail to Guam takes at least 7 days - in most cases - NOT the 2 to 3 days most people are told.  The computer system doesn't adjust for these locations.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)
Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

Blog:  http://www.stampingwithmia.com
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Country-Crafts-and-More/163957776947703
PartyLite:  http://www.partylite.biz/sites/miaguam

> On Nov 26, 2013, at 10:16 AM, Tia Hurt <tjhurt01@> wrote:
>
> Did y'all know that Priority Mail does not mean 2 day delivery anymore and that overnight express mail is not available to places a certain distance away from a major city? Also, my PO was out of small flat rate boxes today so I had to purchase a small box they had which was the same size, and pay the regular priority mail fee. All three pkgs I mailed they told me delivery by Friday at the Priority fee. This is Monday! I realize there is a holiday on Thurs but I would have expected all 3 to be delivered by Weds! Is this something recent that has changed? I could have sworn Priority was 2-3 days at the most.
>
> Tia Hurt
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>
Reply | Threaded
|

Saipanstamper
In reply to this post by wader

Tia/Ronda,

You have no idea how lucky you are to have 2-3 days for priority mail
delivery.  It takes 2-3 WEEKS for priority mail to reach my area.
Overall, the USPS gives great service for all.  Free flat rate boxes and
envelopes, and standardized pricing.  Count your blessings!

Jill
Saipan (U.S. Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands)

> Tia,
>
> I have learned all this as well too, the hard way.
>
> AND...they can tell you when it will be delivered and it still not arrive
> and there is nothing you can do about it because in the fine print they
> say
> not guaranteed.
>
> I think its almost painful to work with the post office on most occasions.
> But we have little choice but to use UPS and it's so much more expensive.
>
> Now when I ship classes or kits, I always guarantee a date I will ship by,
> but no longer will guarantee a date when it will arrive.
>
> Good luck dealing with them.  I actually just bought a Dymo printer and
> print my own stamps now, and call them to pick up my packages because I
> dread going in there so much.
>
> Love,
> Ronda Wade
> Www.rondawade.com
> On Nov 25, 2013 7:16 PM, "Tia Hurt" <tjhurt01@> wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> Did y'all know that Priority Mail does not mean 2 day delivery anymore
>> and
>> that overnight express mail is not available to places a certain
>> distance
>> away from a major city? Also, my PO was out of small flat rate boxes
>> today
>> so I had to purchase a small box they had which was the same size, and
>> pay
>> the regular priority mail fee. All three pkgs I mailed they told me
>> delivery by Friday at the Priority fee. This is Monday! I realize there
>> is
>> a holiday on Thurs but I would have expected all 3 to be delivered by
>> Weds!
>> Is this something recent that has changed? I could have sworn Priority
>> was
>> 2-3 days at the most.
>>
>> Tia Hurt
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>
>

Jill M. Arenovski
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/creativedreams/

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by wader

I have no choice but to use USPS here on Guam because UPS considers us international.  :0(

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Country-Crafts-and-More/163957776947703

> On Nov 26, 2013, at 10:20 AM, Ronda Wade <stampwithronda@> wrote:
>
> Tia,
>
> I have learned all this as well too, the hard way.
>
> AND...they can tell you when it will be delivered and it still not arrive and there is nothing you can do about it because in the fine print they say not guaranteed.
>
> I think its almost painful to work with the post office on most occasions. But we have little choice but to use UPS and it's so much more expensive.
>
> Now when I ship classes or kits, I always guarantee a date I will ship by, but no longer will guarantee a date when it will arrive.
>
> Good luck dealing with them.  I actually just bought a Dymo printer and print my own stamps now, and call them to pick up my packages because I dread going in there so much.
>
> Love,
> Ronda Wade
> Www.rondawade.com
>
>> On Nov 25, 2013 7:16 PM, "Tia Hurt" <tjhurt01@> wrote:
>>  
>> Did y'all know that Priority Mail does not mean 2 day delivery anymore and that overnight express mail is not available to places a certain distance away from a major city? Also, my PO was out of small flat rate boxes today so I had to purchase a small box they had which was the same size, and pay the regular priority mail fee. All three pkgs I mailed they told me delivery by Friday at the Priority fee. This is Monday! I realize there is a holiday on Thurs but I would have expected all 3 to be delivered by Weds! Is this something recent that has changed? I could have sworn Priority was 2-3 days at the most.
>>
>> Tia Hurt
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
|

Margaret Knight

Tia,
It is sad that Priority no longer means priority delivery.  And they wonder
why they are losing business!
Margaret

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Tia Hurt <tjhurt01@> wrote:

>
>
> Did y'all know that Priority Mail does not mean 2 day delivery anymore and
> that overnight express mail is not available to places a certain distance
> away from a major city? Also, my PO was out of small flat rate boxes today
> so I had to purchase a small box they had which was the same size, and pay
> the regular priority mail fee. All three pkgs I mailed they told me
> delivery by Friday at the Priority fee. This is Monday! I realize there is
> a holiday on Thurs but I would have expected all 3 to be delivered by Weds!
> Is this something recent that has changed? I could have sworn Priority was
> 2-3 days at the most.
>
> Tia Hurt
> Sent from my iPhone
>  
>

--
Margaret Knight
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

In our case... Guam and Saipan... the delays are more due to the carrier bringing our mail to the islands.  I have had packages held up in Hawaii for as long as a week because there wasn't room on the plane.  :0(

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

> On Nov 26, 2013, at 10:29 AM, Margaret Knight <Margkni@> wrote:
>
> Tia,
> It is sad that Priority no longer means priority delivery.  And they wonder why they are losing business!
> Margaret
>
>
>> On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Tia Hurt <tjhurt01@> wrote:
>>  
>> Did y'all know that Priority Mail does not mean 2 day delivery anymore and that overnight express mail is not available to places a certain distance away from a major city? Also, my PO was out of small flat rate boxes today so I had to purchase a small box they had which was the same size, and pay the regular priority mail fee. All three pkgs I mailed they told me delivery by Friday at the Priority fee. This is Monday! I realize there is a holiday on Thurs but I would have expected all 3 to be delivered by Weds! Is this something recent that has changed? I could have sworn Priority was 2-3 days at the most.
>>
>> Tia Hurt
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Margaret Knight
>
Reply | Threaded
|

Kirsteen Gill
In reply to this post by Margaret Knight

Priority is 2-3 days from the service truck pick up and not necessarily the scan at the place where you drop it off. I find that usually it means, for me, 2-3 days from the evening when I drop it off as it doesn't get to the main PO until after 6pm......that means if you drop it off today, 3 days would mean Thursday and really nothing is moving fast this week....actually even priority I would have said Monday because of the holiday - so Friday I think is good.

I opened an account on USPS.com and order boxes to have them in the house (they are delivered to your home for free and the boxes themselves don't cost you any $ either) and I pay for the postage online in my account and print off the label when I am ready. You can have a Postie pick them up or you can just drop them onto the counter at your PO. It saves me standing in a line at the PO and also a little less $$. In Katy The PO at this time of year can take me 1 1/2 HRS!!!

I order the padded priority envelopes which are fabulous (unless there's something breakable). You can't typically get them at the PO as they are considered 'business' supplies. And, as they are free, I can sometimes double bag giving extra padding.

And now Priority comes with tracking and insurance. No extra $$. Mostly everything I send within the mainland US will get there 3 days later. I think that is actually very good.

I have been VERY critical of the American Postal System in the past - but over the last few months I have become impressed with the service they are delivering. I have not seen the changes through a Holiday season yet, so I guess it is a bit of an early conclusion to say I am 100% happy with them. But I am aware of the changes that are being made and I think they are, for the most part, good.

K

Kirsteen Gill
FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/creatinwithkirsteen 
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Katy TX
(001) 713-594-5226

My Website: www.creatinwithkirsteen.com
Email me: info@

----- Original Message -----
To: "Tia Hurt" <tjhurt01@>
Cc: "Sudsol Sudsol" <Sudsol@>, "Late Night Stampers" <lnsdemoonly@>
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 6:29:30 PM
Subject: Re: SU!: USPS

Tia,
It is sad that Priority no longer means priority delivery. And they wonder why they are losing business!
Margaret

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Tia Hurt < tjhurt01@ > wrote:

Did y'all know that Priority Mail does not mean 2 day delivery anymore and that overnight express mail is not available to places a certain distance away from a major city? Also, my PO was out of small flat rate boxes today so I had to purchase a small box they had which was the same size, and pay the regular priority mail fee. All three pkgs I mailed they told me delivery by Friday at the Priority fee. This is Monday! I realize there is a holiday on Thurs but I would have expected all 3 to be delivered by Weds! Is this something recent that has changed? I could have sworn Priority was 2-3 days at the most.

Tia Hurt
Sent from my iPhone

--
Margaret Knight

Reply | Threaded
|

Tia Hurt

I guess I just haven't had to mail much except for recently when I began selling my retired stuff.  I didn't think about the tracking now being included, but it sure was.  I guess if I'm planning on doing any kind of online selling this year I need to be planning how I'm going to do the postage.

Great information everyone.  I'm glad I brought it up because several of you shared good information.

Have a great evening!
--Tia

Tia Hurt
Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 25, 2013, at 7:26 PM, "Kirsteen Gill: Stampin' Up! Demonstrator" <createwithkirsteen@> wrote:
>
> Priority is 2-3 days from the service truck pick up and not necessarily the scan at the place where you drop it off. I find that usually it means, for me, 2-3 days from the evening when I drop it off as it doesn't get to the main PO until after 6pm......that means if you drop it off today, 3 days would mean Thursday and really nothing is moving fast this week....actually even priority I would have said Monday because of the holiday - so Friday I think is good.
>
> I opened an account on USPS.com and order boxes to have them in the house (they are delivered to your home for free and the boxes themselves don't cost you any $ either) and I pay for the postage online in my account and print off the label when I am ready. You can have a Postie pick them up or you can just drop them onto the counter at  your PO. It saves me standing in a line at the PO and also a little less $$. In Katy The PO at this time of year can take me 1 1/2 HRS!!!
>
> I order the padded priority envelopes which are fabulous (unless there's something breakable). You can't typically get them at the PO as they are considered 'business' supplies. And, as they are free, I can sometimes double bag giving extra padding.
>
> And now Priority comes with tracking and insurance. No extra $$. Mostly everything I send within the mainland US will get there 3 days later. I think that is actually very good.
>
> I have been VERY critical of the American Postal System in the past - but over the last few months I have become impressed with the service they are delivering. I have not seen the changes through a Holiday season yet, so I guess it is a bit of an early conclusion to say I am 100% happy with them. But I am aware of the changes that are being made and I think they are, for the most part, good.
>
> K
>
>
> Kirsteen Gill
> FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/creatinwithkirsteen
> Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
> Katy TX
> (001) 713-594-5226
>
> My Website: www.creatinwithkirsteen.com  
> Email me: info@
>
>
> From: "Margaret Knight" <Margkni@>
> To: "Tia Hurt" <tjhurt01@>
> Cc: "Sudsol Sudsol" <Sudsol@>, "Late Night Stampers" <lnsdemoonly@>
> Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 6:29:30 PM
> Subject: Re: SU!: USPS
>
>  
> Tia,
> It is sad that Priority no longer means priority delivery.  And they wonder why they are losing business!
> Margaret
>
>
>> On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Tia Hurt <tjhurt01@> wrote:
>>  
>>
>> Tia Hurt
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Margaret Knight
>
Tia Hurt Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator www.tiahurt.stampinup.net Serving the Spring, TX Area
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: USPS

Robin Messenheimer
In reply to this post by Kirsteen Gill

What Kirsteen said!  I do everything she does and I’m quite happy.  Mailed a package to a customer on Friday and it showed delivery today.  Origin:  Hawai'i.  Destination: Maryland.  That’s not too bad at all :)

Robin Messenheimer

Pahoa, Hawai'i

<http://robinscraftroom.com/> http://robinscraftroom.com

From: sudsol@ [mailto:sudsol@] On Behalf Of Kirsteen Gill: Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 3:27 PM
To: Margaret Knight; Ronda Wade; Tia Hurt; sudsol

Priority is 2-3 days from the service truck pick up and not necessarily the scan at the place where you drop it off. I find that usually it means, for me, 2-3 days from the evening when I drop it off as it doesn't get to the main PO until after 6pm......that means if you drop it off today, 3 days would mean Thursday and really nothing is moving fast this week....actually even priority I would have said Monday because of the holiday - so Friday I think is good.

I opened an account on USPS.com and order boxes to have them in the house (they are delivered to your home for free and the boxes themselves don't cost you any $ either) and I pay for the postage online in my account and print off the label when I am ready. You can have a Postie pick them up or you can just drop them onto the counter at  your PO. It saves me standing in a line at the PO and also a little less $$. In Katy The PO at this time of year can take me 1 1/2 HRS!!!

I order the padded priority envelopes which are fabulous (unless there's something breakable). You can't typically get them at the PO as they are considered 'business' supplies. And, as they are free, I can sometimes double bag giving extra padding.

And now Priority comes with tracking and insurance. No extra $$. Mostly everything I send within the mainland US will get there 3 days later. I think that is actually very good.

I have been VERY critical of the American Postal System in the past - but over the last few months I have become impressed with the service they are delivering. I have not seen the changes through a Holiday season yet, so I guess it is a bit of an early conclusion to say I am 100% happy with them. But I am aware of the changes that are being made and I think they are, for the most part, good.

K

Kirsteen Gill

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/creatinwithkirsteen
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Katy TX
(001) 713-594-5226

<http://www.creatinwithkirsteen.com> My Website: www.creatinwithkirsteen.com  

Email me: info@ <mailto:info@>

_____  

To: "Tia Hurt" <tjhurt01@ <mailto:tjhurt01@> >
Cc: "Sudsol Sudsol" <Sudsol@ <mailto:Sudsol@> >, "Late Night Stampers" <lnsdemoonly@ <mailto:lnsdemoonly@> >
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 6:29:30 PM

Tia,

It is sad that Priority no longer means priority delivery.  And they wonder why they are losing business!

Margaret

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Tia Hurt <tjhurt01@ <mailto:tjhurt01@> > wrote:

Did y'all know that Priority Mail does not mean 2 day delivery anymore and that overnight express mail is not available to places a certain distance away from a major city? Also, my PO was out of small flat rate boxes today so I had to purchase a small box they had which was the same size, and pay the regular priority mail fee. All three pkgs I mailed they told me delivery by Friday at the Priority fee. This is Monday! I realize there is a holiday on Thurs but I would have expected all 3 to be delivered by Weds! Is this something recent that has changed? I could have sworn Priority was 2-3 days at the most.

Tia Hurt
Sent from my iPhone

--
Margaret Knight

Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com
Reply | Threaded
|

SU!: RE: USPS

Jackie Topa

image001.jpg (494 bytes) Download Attachment
image002.jpg (456 bytes) Download Attachment

Here in Canada the postal service is extremely unreliable and expensive so I
stick with UPS for shipping packages. Most of the time the cost is the same
and with UPS it's guaranteed to be there in 3-5 days. I wouldn't be too
upset if they eliminated the postal service altogether.

Jackie Topa

My Blog: www.jackietopa.com

Tia Hurt
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 7:16 PM
To: Sudsol Sudsol; Late Night Stampers
Subject: SU!: USPS

Did y'all know that Priority Mail does not mean 2 day delivery anymore and
that overnight express mail is not available to places a certain distance
away from a major city? Also, my PO was out of small flat rate boxes today
so I had to purchase a small box they had which was the same size, and pay
the regular priority mail fee. All three pkgs I mailed they told me delivery
by Friday at the Priority fee. This is Monday! I realize there is a holiday
on Thurs but I would have expected all 3 to be delivered by Weds! Is this
something recent that has changed? I could have sworn Priority was 2-3 days
at the most.

Tia Hurt
Sent from my iPhone

Reply | Threaded
|

SU!: RE: RE: USPS

Annie Collins

Especially now that there will be yet another price hike after January
to 49cents.  Why not make it an even 50cents to make it easier.  

Just my 2 cents worth!

Annie

-----Original Message-----
Of Jackie Topa
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:46 PM
To: 'Tia Hurt'; 'Sudsol Sudsol'; 'Late Night Stampers'
Subject: SU!: RE: USPS

Here in Canada the postal service is extremely unreliable and expensive
so I stick with UPS for shipping packages. Most of the time the cost is
the same and with UPS it's guaranteed to be there in 3-5 days. I
wouldn't be too upset if they eliminated the postal service altogether.

Jackie Topa

My Blog: www.jackietopa.com

Of Tia Hurt
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 7:16 PM
To: Sudsol Sudsol; Late Night Stampers
Subject: SU!: USPS

Did y'all know that Priority Mail does not mean 2 day delivery anymore
and that overnight express mail is not available to places a certain
distance away from a major city? Also, my PO was out of small flat rate
boxes today so I had to purchase a small box they had which was the same
size, and pay the regular priority mail fee. All three pkgs I mailed
they told me delivery by Friday at the Priority fee. This is Monday! I
realize there is a holiday on Thurs but I would have expected all 3 to
be delivered by Weds! Is this something recent that has changed? I could
have sworn Priority was 2-3 days at the most.

Tia Hurt
Sent from my iPhone

Reply | Threaded
|

Jo Hostetler
In reply to this post by Maria Pobre

Sent from my iPad

> On Nov 25, 2013, at 5:29 PM, "Maria" <miaguam01@> wrote:
>
> I have no choice but to use USPS here on Guam because UPS considers us international.  :0(
>
> Happy Stampin'~
>
> Maria Pobre (on Guam)
> Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!
>
> Blog:  http://www.stampingwithmia.com
> Website:  http://miaguam.stampinup.net
> Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Country-Crafts-and-More/163957776947703
> PartyLite:  http://www.partylite.biz/sites/miaguam
>
>> On Nov 26, 2013, at 10:20 AM, Ronda Wade <stampwithronda@> wrote:
>>
>>  
>> Tia,
>>
>> I have learned all this as well too, the hard way.
>>
>> AND...they can tell you when it will be delivered and it still not arrive and there is nothing you can do about it because in the fine print they say not guaranteed.
>>
>> I think its almost painful to work with the post office on most occasions. But we have little choice but to use UPS and it's so much more expensive.
>>
>> Now when I ship classes or kits, I always guarantee a date I will ship by, but no longer will guarantee a date when it will arrive.
>>
>> Good luck dealing with them.  I actually just bought a Dymo printer and print my own stamps now, and call them to pick up my packages because I dread going in there so much.
>>
>> Love,
>> Ronda Wade
>> Www.rondawade.com
>>
>>> On Nov 25, 2013 7:16 PM, "Tia Hurt" <tjhurt01@> wrote:
>>>  
>>> Did y'all know that Priority Mail does not mean 2 day delivery anymore and that overnight express mail is not available to places a certain distance away from a major city? Also, my PO was out of small flat rate boxes today so I had to purchase a small box they had which was the same size, and pay the regular priority mail fee. All three pkgs I mailed they told me delivery by Friday at the Priority fee. This is Monday! I realize there is a holiday on Thurs but I would have expected all 3 to be delivered by Weds! Is this something recent that has changed? I could have sworn Priority was 2-3 days at the most.
>>>
>>> Tia Hurt
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>
>>
>
>