classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SU!: Some business advice

joyce pacer

Hello Everyone,

Wednesday night was a bad evening for all the chats.  I understand that everyone is very busy at this time of the year.  We were to discuss preparing for the New Year now, not later.  We will discuss some things we do need to take time to do now during December.  I know it is hard but if you plan on doing your SU as a business, we can not close the doors during December.

There are two things I would like to point out to you here in our wonderful Sudsol group.  Rhonda Wade took time out of her schedule to make a video on preparing for Sale-A-Bration.  It is packed full of great advice.  If you are serious about your business, please take time to watch this.  She posted it yesterday, Thursday.

One thing she pointed out is that we need to get the SAB items and start making samples as soon as possible.  May I suggest the great card swaps that Bobby Ganley is offering to host here in out groups.  First, I want to mention the Sudsol card swaps.  You will receive quality work in return for your efforts.  I had stopped taking part in card swaps for the past three years because of sloppy work that I received in return.  I did break over and join the one we had for the new catalog.  I was very happy with my return items and proud to show them.  So, if you have been turned off with swaps, these are worth your time.  You can do 10+1, 20+1, or several sets of 10+1 using different stamps.  This is an easy way to get samples for the SAB sets or the new Celebration Mini.  You will need set samples for both of these events and since time is limited right now, this is the best way to get a wide variety of samples.

Bobby has posted these swaps this past week.  Take the time to take part, even if it is only 10+1.  These are for card front only so it takes less supplies and less time.

It is up to you to make your Sale-A-Bration a roaring success and earn free sets out of the next new catalog. 

Hopefully you will be able to join me next Wednesday at 8:30PM, EST for the business chat.  I will have some other tips for you about kicking off 2014 with a bang.  Don't hesitate to come in late if you can not make it right at 8:30.  I know some have church services and things with your children.

See you Wednesday night.

Joyce

Joyce Pacer
Stampin'Up Manager
304-733-3851
joycepacer@

www.stampersjoy.stampinup.net
www.stampersjoy.typepad.com

Want to own your own business, contact me.

Joyce Pacer
Business Chat
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Some business advice

wader

Joyce,

Thank you for watching this weeks video!

I completely agree.  Years ago, I stopped doing a lot of swapping, but I
have found that swapping is very important for our businesses.  We need
diverse and current displays to positively encourage our customers to
spend.  After I do a swap, I recommend immediately making display
boards....even if they are not your style, one of your customers will
probably love it.

I picked up 2 X 3 boards from any big name store, and added clear envelopes
with sticky strip so that I could rotate them with each new catalog. This
size is easy to carry to my workshops and classes.

Now, I participate in monthly swaps with my down line, and swaps at all
events, and my customers LOVE looking forward to the new displays that I
can put out each month.

Stamped Blessings,
Ronda Wade
Www.rondawade.com
On Dec 6, 2013 11:01 AM, <joycepacer@> wrote:

>
>
>
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Wednesday night was a bad evening for all the chats.  I understand that
> everyone is very busy at this time of the year.  We were to discuss
> preparing for the New Year now, not later.  We will discuss some things we
> do need to take time to do now during December.  I know it is hard but if
> you plan on doing your SU as a business, we can not close the doors during
> December.
>
> There are two things I would like to point out to you here in our
> wonderful Sudsol group.  Rhonda Wade took time out of her schedule to make
> a video on preparing for Sale-A-Bration.  It is packed full of great
> advice.  If you are serious about your business, please take time to watch
> this.  She posted it yesterday, Thursday.
>
> One thing she pointed out is that we need to get the SAB items and start
> making samples as soon as possible.  May I suggest the great card swaps
> that Bobby Ganley is offering to host here in out groups.  First, I want to
> mention the Sudsol card swaps.  You will receive quality work in return for
> your efforts.  I had stopped taking part in card swaps for the past three
> years because of sloppy work that I received in return.  I did break over
> and join the one we had for the new catalog.  I was very happy with my
> return items and proud to show them.  So, if you have been turned off with
> swaps, these are worth your time.  You can do 10+1, 20+1, or several sets
> of 10+1 using different stamps.  This is an easy way to get samples for the
> SAB sets or the new Celebration Mini.  You will need set samples for both
> of these events and since time is limited right now, this is the best way
> to get a wide variety of samples.
>
> Bobby has posted these swaps this past week.  Take the time to take part,
> even if it is only 10+1.  These are for card front only so it takes less
> supplies and less time.
>
> It is up to you to make your Sale-A-Bration a roaring success and earn
> free sets out of the next new catalog.
>
> Hopefully you will be able to join me next Wednesday at 8:30PM, EST for
> the business chat.  I will have some other tips for you about kicking off
> 2014 with a bang.  Don't hesitate to come in late if you can not make it
> right at 8:30.  I know some have church services and things with your
> children.
>
> See you Wednesday night.
>
> Joyce
>
> Joyce Pacer
> Stampin'Up Manager
> 304-733-3851
> joycepacer@
>
> www.stampersjoy.stampinup.net
> www.stampersjoy.typepad.com
>
> Want to own your own business, contact me.
>
>  
>
Reply | Threaded
|

SU!: RE: Some business advice

Brenda Crawshaw
In reply to this post by joyce pacer

image001.jpg (494 bytes) Download Attachment
image002.jpg (456 bytes) Download Attachment

I just wanted to point out – or reiterate, really – that swaps are a great way to get your hands on samples for products that you don’t have and that you SHOULD NOT BE BUYING!

One of the reasons I tell people to go through the new publications over and over until your inner customer is sated is because we can all too easily fall into the trap of buying all the goodies we want to have NOW under the auspices of it being “for our business” but if we don’t have a concrete plan to monetize that purchase, then we are starting out the campaign already in the hole!  And with Sale-A-Bration it’s particularly difficult to reign ourselves in because we are getting SAB stuff “free”!  YAHOO, right?  Wait……………you still have to spend $50 to get that one product.  Yes, that’s an awesome deal!  Does that mean you deliberately load up your shopping cart just to get the “free” items???  Right…….

So as always, plan your prepurchase with your DEMONSTRATOR eyes.  Figure out which items lend themselves best to the types of events, classes and other products YOU offer.  Take a good look through the Occasions catalog and see how you can upsell, cross sell, build bundles, deals, classes, events, camps, etc. and select those SAB items you feel best lend themselves to your business plan.

LATER, if you see a growing trend among your customers for an affinity for a specific product you can get it then and monetize it through an offering to your customers.  But please, PLEASE don’t workself into a sweat coming up with a preorder that is big enough to get all the SAB stuff “Free”.

That’s why the swaps are so important with the advent of every new publication.  You can choose the item(s) that you believe best lend themselves to your BUSINESS, make swaps using that product and get other samples in hand without having to invest your business resources in something that you just don’t NEED at that moment.

I have heard it said that there are times when I am “too focused on monetization” but if you want a BUSINESS that’s where your focus needs to be.  Trust me, I am all about the fun of stamping, the thrill of new goodies, the excitement that comes from having a customer look up at you with pride that she made it, the joy of bringing happiness and inspiration to other people.  But if you don’t watch your bottom line, you won’t HAVE a business through which you can effectively appreciate those intangibles.

DEMONSTRATOR EYES – think Toy Story when Mrs. Potato Head when she tells Mr. Potato Head “And I packed your angry eyes just in case.”

Sent: Friday, December 6, 2013 11:01 AM
To: sudsol
Subject: SU!: Some business advice

Hello Everyone,

Wednesday night was a bad evening for all the chats.  I understand that everyone is very busy at this time of the year.  We were to discuss preparing for the New Year now, not later.  We will discuss some things we do need to take time to do now during December.  I know it is hard but if you plan on doing your SU as a business, we can not close the doors during December.

There are two things I would like to point out to you here in our wonderful Sudsol group.  Rhonda Wade took time out of her schedule to make a video on preparing for Sale-A-Bration.  It is packed full of great advice.  If you are serious about your business, please take time to watch this.  She posted it yesterday, Thursday.

One thing she pointed out is that we need to get the SAB items and start making samples as soon as possible.  May I suggest the great card swaps that Bobby Ganley is offering to host here in out groups.  First, I want to mention the Sudsol card swaps.  You will receive quality work in return for your efforts.  I had stopped taking part in card swaps for the past three years because of sloppy work that I received in return.  I did break over and join the one we had for the new catalog.  I was very happy with my return items and proud to show them.  So, if you have been turned off with swaps, these are worth your time.  You can do 10+1, 20+1, or several sets of 10+1 using different stamps.  This is an easy way to get samples for the SAB sets or the new Celebration Mini.  You will need set samples for both of these events and since time is limited right now, this is the best way to get a wide variety of samples.

Bobby has posted these swaps this past week.  Take the time to take part, even if it is only 10+1.  These are for card front only so it takes less supplies and less time.

It is up to you to make your Sale-A-Bration a roaring success and earn free sets out of the next new catalog.

Hopefully you will be able to join me next Wednesday at 8:30PM, EST for the business chat.  I will have some other tips for you about kicking off 2014 with a bang.  Don't hesitate to come in late if you can not make it right at 8:30.  I know some have church services and things with your children.

See you Wednesday night.

Joyce

Joyce Pacer
Stampin'Up Manager
304-733-3851
joycepacer@

www.stampersjoy.stampinup.net
www.stampersjoy.typepad.com

Want to own your own business, contact me.

Brenda Crawshaw Blog: http://www.TheCrawshawGroup.com Website: http://www.brendacrawshaw.stampinup.net Contact me! Bhc62@rcn.com or Brenda@WithABirdsEyeView.com 508-628-9765