SU!: Photopolymer Stamps

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SU!: Photopolymer Stamps

Sandy Hill

I have the "Another Thank You" photopolymer stamp set and am having a hard time with the large Thank You.  I have wasted a lot of card stock trying to  stamp this.  The stamp is real sticky on the side you ink up so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.  One of the things I am having a problem with is getting all of the letters stamped.  I really like this set, but am having second thoughts about buying any more.  Can anyone here help me out and tell me what I am doing wrong.  Thank you all so much.  I appreciate it.  I am having a card class next Tuesday evening and am having eye surgery on Monday, so I want the cards to be as simple as possible, but this isn't turning out to be so simple.  Thanks again!!

Sandy Hill, Manager
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
www.sandyhill.stampinup.net
www.inkyfingersatwork.com
509-999-3552

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Photopolymer Stamps

Megan Lawson

Sandy,

My letters don't stamp either. Just little sections of it. :(

-Megan

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 26, 2013, at 7:21 PM, Sandy <sandyh218@> wrote:

> I have the "Another Thank You" photopolymer stamp set and am having a hard time with the large Thank You.  I have wasted a lot of card stock trying to  stamp this.  The stamp is real sticky on the side you ink up so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.  One of the things I am having a problem with is getting all of the letters stamped.  I really like this set, but am having second thoughts about buying any more.  Can anyone here help me out and tell me what I am doing wrong.  Thank you all so much.  I appreciate it.  I am having a card class next Tuesday evening and am having eye surgery on Monday, so I want the cards to be as simple as possible, but this isn't turning out to be so simple.  Thanks again!!
>
>
> Sandy Hill, Manager
> Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
> www.sandyhill.stampinup.net
> www.inkyfingersatwork.com
> 509-999-3552
>
Reply | Threaded
|

michellebreton

62325_439761747706_4159597_n.jpg (5K) Download Attachment

I was having trouble with it, and I found that what worked best was to stamp it with the Stampin’ Pierce Mat underneath my card stock.  I also love that large Thank You, but I agree, it isn’t as simple as I would like.

Michelle

Like Stamping with Michelle on facebook or visit my blog at www.michellebreton.com

On Nov 26, 2013, at 10:30 PM, Megan Lawson <lovemysfgiants@> wrote:

>
>
> Sandy,
>
> My letters don't stamp either. Just little sections of it. :(
>
> -Megan
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Nov 26, 2013, at 7:21 PM, Sandy <sandyh218@> wrote:
>
>>
>> I have the "Another Thank You" photopolymer stamp set and am having a hard time with the large Thank You.  I have wasted a lot of card stock trying to  stamp this.  The stamp is real sticky on the side you ink up so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.  One of the things I am having a problem with is getting all of the letters stamped.  I really like this set, but am having second thoughts about buying any more.  Can anyone here help me out and tell me what I am doing wrong.  Thank you all so much.  I appreciate it.  I am having a card class next Tuesday evening and am having eye surgery on Monday, so I want the cards to be as simple as possible, but this isn't turning out to be so simple.  Thanks again!!
>>
>>
>> Sandy Hill, Manager
>> Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
>> www.sandyhill.stampinup.net
>> www.inkyfingersatwork.com
>> 509-999-3552
>>
>
>
>

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Photopolymer Stamps

Sandy Hill

Thank you Michelle for this tip.  It worked.  I would have never thought to use the Stampin' Pierce Mat.  So glad that it works. Now I can try to make a card.

Sandy Hill, Manager
509-999-3552

CC: sandyh218@; sudsol@
To: lovemysfgiants@
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 22:32:00 -0500
Subject: Re: SU!: Photopolymer Stamps

I was having trouble with it, and I found that what worked best was to stamp it with the Stampin’ Pierce Mat underneath my card stock.  I also love that large Thank You, but I agree, it isn’t as simple as I would like.
Michelle

Like Stamping with Michelle on facebook or visit my blog at www.michellebreton.com

On Nov 26, 2013, at 10:30 PM, Megan Lawson <lovemysfgiants@> wrote:

Sandy,
My letters don't stamp either. Just little sections of it. :(
-Megan

Sent from my iPad
On Nov 26, 2013, at 7:21 PM, Sandy <sandyh218@> wrote:

I have the "Another Thank You" photopolymer stamp set and am having a hard time with the large Thank You.  I have wasted a lot of card stock trying to  stamp this.  The stamp is real sticky on the side you ink up so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.  One of the things I am having a problem with is getting all of the letters stamped.  I really like this set, but am having second thoughts about buying any more.  Can anyone here help me out and tell me what I am doing wrong.  Thank you all so much.  I appreciate it.  I am having a card class next Tuesday evening and am having eye surgery on Monday, so I want the cards to be as simple as possible, but this isn't turning out to be so simple.  Thanks again!!

Sandy Hill, Manager
509-999-3552

Reply | Threaded
|

Cindee Wilkinson

I had problems too and Patty Bennett suggested using an eraser over the letters. That worked for me. Kind of like on the red rubber we might use a sanding block on the stamp.

Hope this helps,

Cindee Wilkinson, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, Manager
Visit my blog, lots of FREE ideas, www.justspongeit.blogspot.com
Email me: cindee@
Call or text: 925-325-8266
Shop Online 24/7: www.cincraft.stampinup.net

On Nov 26, 2013, at 7:40 PM, Sandy <sandyh218@> wrote:

>
> Thank you Michelle for this tip.  It worked.  I would have never thought to use the Stampin' Pierce Mat.  So glad that it works. Now I can try to make a card.
>
>
> Sandy Hill, Manager
> 509-999-3552
>
>
> CC: sandyh218@; sudsol@
> To: lovemysfgiants@
> From: michelle_yahoo@
> Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 22:32:00 -0500
> Subject: Re: SU!: Photopolymer Stamps
>
> I was having trouble with it, and I found that what worked best was to stamp it with the Stampin’ Pierce Mat underneath my card stock.  I also love that large Thank You, but I agree, it isn’t as simple as I would like.
>
> Michelle
>
> Like Stamping with Michelle on facebook or visit my blog at www.michellebreton.com
>
> On Nov 26, 2013, at 10:30 PM, Megan Lawson <lovemysfgiants@> wrote:
>
>
>
> Sandy,
>
> My letters don't stamp either. Just little sections of it. :(
>
> -Megan
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Nov 26, 2013, at 7:21 PM, Sandy <sandyh218@> wrote:
>
>
> I have the "Another Thank You" photopolymer stamp set and am having a hard time with the large Thank You.  I have wasted a lot of card stock trying to  stamp this.  The stamp is real sticky on the side you ink up so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.  One of the things I am having a problem with is getting all of the letters stamped.  I really like this set, but am having second thoughts about buying any more.  Can anyone here help me out and tell me what I am doing wrong.  Thank you all so much.  I appreciate it.  I am having a card class next Tuesday evening and am having eye surgery on Monday, so I want the cards to be as simple as possible, but this isn't turning out to be so simple.  Thanks again!!
>
>
> Sandy Hill, Manager
> 509-999-3552
>
>
>
>
>
>

Reply | Threaded
|

Kirsteen Gill
In reply to this post by Sandy Hill

I too have found I need to have something underneath the card stock I am stamping on - I use several layers of the grid paper.....it's like they need some ability to 'give' into the card stock.

Kirsteen Gill
FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/creatinwithkirsteen 
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Katy TX
(001) 713-594-5226

My Website: www.creatinwithkirsteen.com
Email me: info@

----- Original Message -----
To: sudsol@
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:21:13 PM
Subject: SU!: Photopolymer Stamps

I have the "Another Thank You" photopolymer stamp set and am having a hard time with the large Thank You. I have wasted a lot of card stock trying to stamp this. The stamp is real sticky on the side you ink up so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. One of the things I am having a problem with is getting all of the letters stamped. I really like this set, but am having second thoughts about buying any more. Can anyone here help me out and tell me what I am doing wrong. Thank you all so much. I appreciate it. I am having a card class next Tuesday evening and am having eye surgery on Monday, so I want the cards to be as simple as possible, but this isn't turning out to be so simple. Thanks again!!

Sandy Hill, Manager
509-999-3552