SU!: Photobook

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SU!: Photobook

Jean Spells

I am creating my first vintage-themed 8x8 photobook.  Any tips, advice or videos out there?

Thanks!

Jean Fleming Spells
(240) 353-3347
Senior Associate
Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator
www.inktensestamps.stampinup.net

Log-on to www.mydigitalstudio.net for a free 30-day trial of "My Digital Studio" and try your hand at making your own greeting cards, photo cards, journals and so much more.  

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Photobook

Michele Mattson

Sketch out your pages in a rough sketch on computer printer paper in rough drawings. 

Sketching before starting will save time in the long run...of course things may get changed as you do but that's okay.

Sketch whether you're using DSP or stamps or a combination of both.

Have more simple pages and than fancy ones...sprinkle the ones that take more work here and there.

Be sure to number the pages on your sketches and store the drawings with your project when you have to put it away so you can pick up where you left off.

Choose your color scheme or pallet before starting...again this will save time in the long run.

Make sure to include neutrals in your color pallet. Neutrals plural because the colors in a photo can change in appearance when you place a color matte behind it. The photo can become washed out or can cause an item in your photo to draw the eye to it rather than the focal point.

Then choose your papers, stamp sets, punches, Big Shot items, etc....make a list and store it with your project

Don't forget to think about sponging some pages....it adds depth and is perfect for the vintage look.

Don't use every photo you have from an event....pick and choose.

Hope this helps you out!!!

Have fun with your project!!

Michele

On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:06 PM, Jean Spells <jeanspells@> wrote:

>I am creating my first vintage-themed 8x8 photobook.  Any tips, advice or videos out there?

>Thanks!
>
>Jean Fleming Spells
>(240) 353-3347
>Senior Associate
>Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator
>www.inktensestamps.stampinup.net
>
>Log-on to www.mydigitalstudio.net for a free 30-day trial of "My Digital Studio" and try your hand at making your own greeting cards, photo cards, journals and so much more. 
>
>
>
>
>
>
>