classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SU!: Does this sound like a scam email?

Megan Lawson

Hi Sudsol family,

I got this email today. Does this seem scam-ish to you?

Inky hugs,

-Megan

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Rebecca Williams <rwilliams00110@>
> Date: October 9, 2013 at 8:09:07 AM PDT
> To: Rebecca Williams <rwilliams00110@>
> Subject: Order Enquiry on Stampin Up Item
>
> Hello and Good Day,
>
> Calvary greetings in the name of the Lord. I was browsing through the Stamin Up website, and I am interested in some products listed up for sales, I realized I could place order through a representative on the site instead of buying directly with Credit Cards, as I don't use Bank cards or Credit Cards,"Not Good for me" because I always misplace my wallet. All I need is to confirm if you can help me out while I use a Check (Cashiers, Company or Personal Check) as the means of payment.
>
> Please get back to me as soon as you get my message so that I can forward the List of items I want you to order for me..
>
> Write back soon and have a Good day Ahead
>
> Rebecca William
> rwilliams00110@

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Does this sound like a scam email?

Beth Schreiber

I got it too. Definitely a scam. Note the name doesn't match the email address, the poor grammar and the site she browsed was Stamin Up. I told her to take the cash she would use to get a cashiers check and instead go to any major bank and buy a prepaid credit card, then order offline. If she really wants to order from a demo, it will work. If not, you're not out money.

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 9, 2013, at 12:05 PM, Megan Lawson <lovemysfgiants@> wrote:

> Hi Sudsol family,
>
> I got this email today. Does this seem scam-ish to you?
>
> Inky hugs,
>
> -Megan
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Rebecca Williams <rwilliams00110@>
>> Date: October 9, 2013 at 8:09:07 AM PDT
>> To: Rebecca Williams <rwilliams00110@>
>> Subject: Order Enquiry on Stampin Up Item
>>
>> Hello and Good Day,
>>
>> Calvary greetings in the name of the Lord. I was browsing through the Stamin Up website, and I am interested in some products listed up for sales, I realized I could place order through a representative on the site instead of buying directly with Credit Cards, as I don't use Bank cards or Credit Cards,"Not Good for me" because I always misplace my wallet. All I need is to confirm if you can help me out while I use a Check (Cashiers, Company or Personal Check) as the means of payment.
>>
>> Please get back to me as soon as you get my message so that I can forward the List of items I want you to order for me..
>>
>> Write back soon and have a Good day Ahead
>>
>> Rebecca William
>> rwilliams00110@
>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Does this sound like a scam email?

Robin Boyer
In reply to this post by Megan Lawson

It is a scam I also
Received the same exact letter. I responded back told her to get per paid credit card place an order on line to the fast way to get her order.
Any checks cashiers or company checks would need to clear bank before any processing of order and she could lose out on specials

Rubber Hugs,
Robin S. Boyer

Senior Supervisor, Independent Demonstrator with Stampin' Up!
www.Robinboyer.stampinup.net
Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 9, 2013, at 12:05 PM, Megan Lawson <lovemysfgiants@> wrote:

> Hi Sudsol family,
>
> I got this email today. Does this seem scam-ish to you?
>
> Inky hugs,
>
> -Megan
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Rebecca Williams <rwilliams00110@>
>> Date: October 9, 2013 at 8:09:07 AM PDT
>> To: Rebecca Williams <rwilliams00110@>
>> Subject: Order Enquiry on Stampin Up Item
>>
>> Hello and Good Day,
>>
>> Calvary greetings in the name of the Lord. I was browsing through the Stamin Up website, and I am interested in some products listed up for sales, I realized I could place order through a representative on the site instead of buying directly with Credit Cards, as I don't use Bank cards or Credit Cards,"Not Good for me" because I always misplace my wallet. All I need is to confirm if you can help me out while I use a Check (Cashiers, Company or Personal Check) as the means of payment.
>>
>> Please get back to me as soon as you get my message so that I can forward the List of items I want you to order for me..
>>
>> Write back soon and have a Good day Ahead
>>
>> Rebecca William
>> rwilliams00110@
>
>
>