1 message Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SU!: Design Team - Photo Ornament 3D Quick Project

Pam Staples

1309 SUDSOL DT 001.jpeg (120K) Download Attachment
1309 SUDSOL DT 002.jpeg (88K) Download Attachment

This sample is exclusive to SUDSOL.  It is not to be shared electronically outside of SUDSOL. If you use this sample to create your own sample, we request that you not post it on any online medium (blog, website, etc.)   If you are advertising a class using this sample, you may use a small portion of the card in your online advertisement, but not the entire card.

Hello my fellow stampers…

I have to say that this is another fun, quick and easy 3D project that is also perfect for an early December class!   This is another ornament similar to the ornament that I shared this past Monday, October 28th.  This, however, is a photo ornament.  My personal thought is this would also make a great teacher gift!  The photo is my sons Preschool photo from last year at age 3.

Next, using the Daydream Medallions, I created a quick little ornament using Real Red and Bermuda Bay.  The stamped images are cut out using the matching Floral Frames Collection Framelit and in the larger stamped image I used the Circle Framelits to cut out the center hole.  I then glued the photo to the back of the stamped & cut Daydream Medallion and added Real Red Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon glued on the back side.  Next, I glued a second medallion on the backside to hide the back of the photo and the Real Red Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon.  I also had to add some winter embellishment by adding the Frosted Finishes Embellishment at the top of the ornament.  The back side is also decorated with another smaller medallion and a tag for writing who the ornament is to and from.  Hmmm, now that I think about it this ornament can double as a tag!

In the bottom left corner on the front of the ornament, I added a small medallion in a contrasting color using the Bermuda Blue.  The Merry Christmas Tag was created using the Thinlits Circle Card.  The Merry Christmas is from the Petite Pairs stamp set.  I also layered another small contrasting medallion on the back of the ornament so it lines up with the small medallion on the front.

To view this project on Sudsol and get additional details, click on this link:  http://www.sudsol.org/members/gallery/g3410-design-team-pam-staples.html

Inky Fingers and happy planning for your December classes!

Pam Staples

Pam Staples
www.sunnygirlscraps.com

SUDSOL Pinterest Coordinator