Reviving Old Rubber Stamps

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Reviving Old Rubber Stamps

Laurie Servis
Hello everyone! I just had a customer call me with a question about reviving the rubber on older stamps. Apparently she found a set, not Stampin' Up!, up on the top shelf of a closet. She says it's about 15 years old, and the rubber seems to be brittle so it doesn't stamp very well. Is there something that could be put on it to rejuvenate the rubber? She thought maybe soaking it in glycerin might help, but wanted to check with an expert. ;)  If anyone knows the answer, I would be grateful for your responses. Thank you!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Reviving Old Rubber Stamps

Libby Dyson

I found these articles which may be of help
I have no personal experience with this however it seems to me if she soaked them in some olive oil or glycerine and then cleaned them it may do the trick. Plus she definitely needs SU cleaner

On 26 September 2017 at 10:42, SUDSOL [Laurie Servis] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n38385h12@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
laurie.servis@gmail.com?subject=Reviving+Old+Rubber+Stamps
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: laurie.servis@gmail.com

Hello everyone! I just had a customer call me with a question about reviving the rubber on older stamps. Apparently she found a set, not Stampin' Up!, up on the top shelf of a closet. She says it's about 15 years old, and the rubber seems to be brittle so it doesn't stamp very well. Is there something that could be put on it to rejuvenate the rubber? She thought maybe soaking it in glycerin might help, but wanted to check with an expert. ;)  If anyone knows the answer, I would be grateful for your responses. Thank you!

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Laurie Servis, please change the email address to: laurie.servis@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Reviving-Old-Rubber-Stamps-tp38385.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h51@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

--