Retired punches

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Retired punches

Ellen
I have been a demo for 20 years and am a punch hoarder. I have so many.  WHAT should I do with them?  I read an article that said if you have not used it in 2 years get rid of it. (this includes dishes, clothes, etc)

Should I try to sell them, donate them or what.  Some I am sure I will keep, but I am not sure I need or want the rest.  

Thanks for the help.  

I am also redoing my stamp area, and getting rid of some of these will help that area also.

Ellen Williams
Stamping in North Daktoa
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Retired punches

Kathleen Brandt

I am cleaning out too. Ink pads, reinkers, paper...some going back 15 years. I found someone who works with nursing homes and assisted living places. Giving her as much as she will take.
Good luck, you'll find it 'cleansing', I am.
Katie Brandt

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020, 5:40 PM SUDSOL [Ellen] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51574h72@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
ewilliams9780@gmail.com?subject=Retired+punches
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: ewilliams9780@gmail.com

I have been a demo for 20 years and am a punch hoarder. I have so many.  WHAT should I do with them?  I read an article that said if you have not used it in 2 years get rid of it. (this includes dishes, clothes, etc)

Should I try to sell them, donate them or what.  Some I am sure I will keep, but I am not sure I need or want the rest.  

Thanks for the help.  

I am also redoing my stamp area, and getting rid of some of these will help that area also.

Ellen Williams
Stamping in North Daktoa

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Ellen, please change the email address to: ewilliams9780@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Retired-punches-tp51574.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h71@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jennie Dietrich
In reply to this post by Ellen

I am a hoarder of stamp sets.  I opened an Etsy shop and have been selling many of my retired stamp sets, the dies that go with them and punches on Etsy.  It takes time and effort to take photographs of everything and enter the descriptions, but after that, it is done and all I have to do is wait for the email that tells me something sold.  I still get to play with the set until it sells, but at least there is forward progress on my "cleaning of the stamp room" project that I have been doing for 2 years :-)

Jennie Dietrich
Stampin'Up! Independent Demonstrator
pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net
Mom

On Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 4:40:20 PM CST, SUDSOL [Ellen] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51574h26@.nabble> wrote:

ewilliams9780@gmail.com?subject=Retired punches
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: ewilliams9780@

I have been a demo for 20 years and am a punch hoarder. I have so many.  WHAT should I do with them?  I read an article that said if you have not used it in 2 years get rid of it. (this includes dishes, clothes, etc)

Should I try to sell them, donate them or what.  Some I am sure I will keep, but I am not sure I need or want the rest.  

Thanks for the help.  

Ellen Williams
Stamping in North Daktoa

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Ellen, please change the email address to: ewilliams9780@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Retired-punches-tp51574.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Jennie Dietrich
http://www.pfunstampin.stampinup.net
Mom
Reply | Threaded
|

Jennie Dietrich
In reply to this post by Kathleen Brandt

Sorry for the second idea on this... but consider Elementary Schools in low income areas.  They are often hurting for craft supplies, punches, paper, ink and even wood mounted stamps would be GREAT for them.

Jennie Dietrich
Mom

On Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 5:05:50 PM CST, SUDSOL [Kathleen Brandt] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51575h57@.nabble> wrote:

stampingwithkate@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Retired punches
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingwithkate@

I am cleaning out too. Ink pads, reinkers, paper...some going back 15 years. I found someone who works with nursing homes and assisted living places. Giving her as much as she will take.
Good luck, you'll find it 'cleansing', I am.
Katie Brandt

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020, 5:40 PM SUDSOL [Ellen] via Business Talk < ml%2Bs1100894n51574h72@.nabble > wrote:
ewilliams9780@?subject=Retired+punches
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: ewilliams9780@

I have been a demo for 20 years and am a punch hoarder. I have so many. WHAT should I do with them? I read an article that said if you have not used it in 2 years get rid of it. (this includes dishes, clothes, etc)

Should I try to sell them, donate them or what. Some I am sure I will keep, but I am not sure I need or want the rest.

Thanks for the help.

Ellen Williams
Stamping in North Daktoa

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Ellen, please change the email address to: ewilliams9780@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h71@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathleen Brandt, please change the email address to: stampingwithkate@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Retired-punches-tp51574p51575.html
Jennie Dietrich
Mom
Reply | Threaded
|

Janet Smith
In reply to this post by Jennie Dietrich

I was cleaning out/organizing dies and found a duplication I didn’t know I had.  I’m planning to make a detailed list and see about thinning it out...

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 3:06 PM, SUDSOL [Jennie Dietrich] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51576h73@.nabble> wrote:

pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net?subject=Re: SU!: Retired punches
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pfun_stampin@

I am a hoarder of stamp sets.  I opened an Etsy shop and have been selling many of my retired stamp sets, the dies that go with them and punches on Etsy.  It takes time and effort to take photographs of everything and enter the descriptions, but after that, it is done and all I have to do is wait for the email that tells me something sold.  I still get to play with the set until it sells, but at least there is forward progress on my "cleaning of the stamp room" project that I have been doing for 2 years :-)

Jennie Dietrich
pfun_stampin@
Mom

On Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 4:40:20 PM CST, SUDSOL [Ellen] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n51574h26@.nabble > wrote:

ewilliams9780@?subject=Retired punches

Thanks for the help.  

Ellen Williams
Stamping in North Daktoa

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Ellen, please change the email address to: ewilliams9780@
Jennie Dietrich
pfun_stampin@
Mom

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jennie Dietrich, please change the email address to: pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Retired-punches-tp51574p51576.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h10@.nabble

Janet
Janet Smith, Santa Rosa, CA
janetstamps@pacbell.net

SU! Web: http://www.stampinwithjanet.stampinup.net

Our 17 year old granddaughter Annika suffered a massive brain bleed on Oct. 8. Although she hasn't woken up yet, she's  home to continue her recovery with her family. To smooth the family's way, we're asking for your help! - See more at:

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/helping-annika-heal/119478
Reply | Threaded
|

Ellen

AN UPDATE!!  I am keeping all square, round and oval punches since it is easier to travel with than my BigShot.  I will offer them to my facebook group then to a local selling group.  After that I will give them to a friend who can give them to the Metal Health floor a the local hospital to do crafts or to my friend who has a pre school.  Either way, I am getting rid of some of my stash!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Ellen Stamping in North Dakota

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 5:17 PM SUDSOL [Janet Smith] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51578h49@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
janetstamps@pacbell.net?subject=Re:+SU!:+Retired+punches
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: janetstamps@pacbell.net

I was cleaning out/organizing dies and found a duplication I didn’t know I had.  I’m planning to make a detailed list and see about thinning it out...

On Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 3:06 PM, SUDSOL [Jennie Dietrich] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51576h73@.nabble> wrote:

pfun_stampin@...?subject=Re: SU!: Retired punches
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pfun_stampin@

Jennie Dietrich
pfun_stampin@
Mom

On Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 4:40:20 PM CST, SUDSOL [Ellen] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n51574h26@.nabble > wrote:

I have been a demo for 20 years and am a punch hoarder. I have so many.  WHAT should I do with them?  I read an article that said if you have not used it in 2 years get rid of it. (this includes dishes, clothes, etc)

Should I try to sell them, donate them or what.  Some I am sure I will keep, but I am not sure I need or want the rest.  

Thanks for the help.  

Ellen Williams
Stamping in North Daktoa

Jennie Dietrich
pfun_stampin@
Mom

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jennie Dietrich, please change the email address to: pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Retired-punches-tp51574p51576.html

Janet
janetstamps@pacbell.net

Our 17 year old granddaughter Annika suffered a massive brain bleed on Oct. 8. Although she hasn't woken up yet, she's  home to continue her recovery with her family. To smooth the family's way, we're asking for your help! - See more at:

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Janet Smith, please change the email address to: janetstamps@pacbell.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Retired-punches-tp51574p51578.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h24@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard
In reply to this post by Jennie Dietrich

I too have a shop on Etsy. It’s a main source of sales for me since I no longer have a monthly group that orders. Only Catalog Kickoff’s. I copy and update my listings to add more stamps, Dies, DSP, etc.
My shop has been open for 10 years now.
I also belong to teams and network with other shop owners regularly.
I love my Etsy friends!
NolA
Prescott, AZ

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 4, 2020, at 4:06 PM, SUDSOL [Jennie Dietrich] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51576h32@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net?subject=Re: SU!: Retired punches
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net

On Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 4:40:20 PM CST, SUDSOL [Ellen] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51574h26@.nabble> wrote:

ewilliams9780@gmail.com?subject=Retired punches

Thanks for the help.  

Ellen Williams
Stamping in North Daktoa

Jennie Dietrich
Mom

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Phyllis Strickland
In reply to this post by Ellen

Jennie, why did you choose Etsy rather than eBay?  Do you get the high prices for high value sets like you do with eBay auctions?

I have a lot of things to sell and am debating which way to go.  I’ve been a demo since 2003 and have not sold anything other than when a customer of mine or demo friend’s customer wants something I’m willing to sell.  I do donate maybe half of my retired consumables to a friend who makes cards for the Keystone Soldiers.  

Phyllis Strickland

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 4, 2020, at 6:46 PM, SUDSOL [Ellen] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51580h14@.nabble> wrote:

ewilliams9780@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Retired punches

AN UPDATE!! I am keeping all square, round and oval punches since it is easier to travel with than my BigShot. I will offer them to my facebook group then to a local selling group. After that I will give them to a friend who can give them to the Metal Health floor a the local hospital to do crafts or to my friend who has a pre school. Either way, I am getting rid of some of my stash!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Ellen Stamping in North Dakota

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 5:17 PM SUDSOL [Janet Smith] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51578h49@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
janetstamps@pacbell.net?subject=Re:+SU!:+Retired+punches
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: janetstamps@pacbell.net

I was cleaning out/organizing dies and found a duplication I didn’t know I had. I’m planning to make a detailed list and see about thinning it out...

pfun_stampin@...?subject=Re: SU!: Retired punches

I am a hoarder of stamp sets. I opened an Etsy shop and have been selling many of my retired stamp sets, the dies that go with them and punches on Etsy. It takes time and effort to take photographs of everything and enter the descriptions, but after that, it is done and all I have to do is wait for the email that tells me something sold. I still get to play with the set until it sells, but at least there is forward progress on my "cleaning of the stamp room" project that I have been doing for 2 years :-)

Jennie Dietrich
pfun_stampin@
Mom

I have been a demo for 20 years and am a punch hoarder. I have so many. WHAT should I do with them? I read an article that said if you have not used it in 2 years get rid of it. (this includes dishes, clothes, etc)

Should I try to sell them, donate them or what. Some I am sure I will keep, but I am not sure I need or want the rest.

Thanks for the help.

Ellen Williams
Stamping in North Daktoa

Jennie Dietrich
pfun_stampin@
Mom

Janet
janetstamps@pacbell.net

Our 17 year old granddaughter Annika suffered a massive brain bleed on Oct. 8. Although she hasn't woken up yet, she's home to continue her recovery with her family. To smooth the family's way, we're asking for your help! - See more at:

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Janet Smith, please change the email address to: janetstamps@pacbell.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Retired-punches-tp51574p51578.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h24@n7.nabble.com

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Retired-punches-tp51574p51580.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h27@.nabble