classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Retired Inventory

Charlotte Lindmeier
Our question this week is:
Do you sell your retired inventory? Please share how you do it.  (Only to customers, E-bay, garage sales, etc.)

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Retired Inventory

Joan Norman

I have tried to sell retired inventory at demonstrator yard sales and on eBay where I had good results. What is left, I will give to customers if they bring a new person to class.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 1:38 AM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n46914h54@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Retired+Inventory
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Do you sell your retired inventory? Please share how you do it.  (Only to customers, E-bay, garage sales, etc.)

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Retired-Inventory-tp46914.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h13@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
--
Joan Norman
Stampin' Up! demonstrator
stampnjoan@gmail.com

Cell: 502-548-5886
Phone: 502-239-4475

Reply | Threaded
|

grantj
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier

So far, garage sales have been successful for me. I usually advertise a “presage” the night before for my customers. I have them every two years, or or so. Last time I donated what hadn’t sold to a local high school.

Sent from my iPad
Jan Grant
independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860
revjanstamps@comcast.net

On Mar 8, 2019, at 12:38 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n46914h33@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Retired Inventory
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.netso

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Retired-Inventory-tp46914.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Suzanne Taylor

I do sell my retired product. Once a year after the new catalog comes out, I have a BOGO sale. I pretty much give away the retired things as an incentive for folks to place equal value orders from the new catalog. Buy $200 of retired products and get $200 of new merchandise. They pay tax and shipping on the orders. Last year I got over $2000 in orders that month and several wonderful new customers and friends. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 8, 2019, at 12:38 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n46914h76@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h35@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Antinonem
In reply to this post by Joan Norman

Yes I do. I hold an open house sale.
Micki Antinone

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Joan Norman] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n46915h67@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <mickiant@>
Sent: Fri, Mar 8, 2019 3:30 am
Subject: Re: SU!: Retired Inventory

stampnjoan@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Retired Inventory
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampnjoan@

I have tried to sell retired inventory at demonstrator yard sales and on eBay where I had good results. What is left, I will give to customers if they bring a new person to class.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 1:38 AM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk < ml%2Bs1100894n46914h54@.nabble > wrote:
clindmeier@?subject=Retired+Inventory
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Do you sell your retired inventory? Please share how you do it. (Only to customers, E-bay, garage sales, etc.)

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h13@.nabble
--
Joan Norman
stampnjoan@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Joan Norman, please change the email address to: stampnjoan@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Retired-Inventory-tp46914p46915.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h95@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

davism

Yes I sell retired inventory at garage sales. I mark the original price of the item with s/h and tax then I divide it in half. I usually have a yard sale every summer and make over $1,000.  Mary

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 8:19 AM SUDSOL [Antinonem] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n46920h0@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
mickiant@aol.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Retired+Inventory
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: mickiant@aol.com

Micki Antinone

stampnjoan@...?subject=Re: SU!: Retired Inventory
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampnjoan@

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 1:38 AM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk < ml%2Bs1100894n46914h54@.nabble > wrote:
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Do you sell your retired inventory? Please share how you do it. (Only to customers, E-bay, garage sales, etc.)

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@
--
Joan Norman
stampnjoan@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Joan Norman, please change the email address to: stampnjoan@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Retired-Inventory-tp46914p46915.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Antinonem, please change the email address to: mickiant@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Retired-Inventory-tp46914p46920.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h73@n7.nabble.com
Mary Davis, senior supervisor
Stampin' in the Finger Lakes
2011 featured sewer at Convention
mdavis74@rochester.rr.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Dawn DuVal

I sell mine through my Etsy store at full price with good results.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 8:29 AM SUDSOL [davism] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n46921h34@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
marycovertdavis73@gmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Retired+Inventory
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: marycovertdavis73@gmail.com

Yes I sell retired inventory at garage sales. I mark the original price of the item with s/h and tax then I divide it in half. I usually have a yard sale every summer and make over $1,000. Mary

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 8:19 AM SUDSOL [Antinonem] via Business Talk <ml%252Bs1100894n46920h0@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
mickiant@...?subject=Re:+SU!:+Retired+Inventory
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: mickiant@aol.com

Micki Antinone

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

--
Joan Norman
stampnjoan@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Antinonem, please change the email address to: mickiant@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Retired-Inventory-tp46914p46920.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h73@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to davism, please change the email address to: marycovertdavis73@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Retired-Inventory-tp46914p46921.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h76@n7.nabble.com
Dawn DuVal
Shall We Stamp
Finding Your Inner Artist...
        Unleashing Your Creativity!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Retired Inventory

Kathleen Brandt
Charlotte Lindmeier wrote

I will let my customers know what I have available, then open it to the public on local facebook sites
Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard

I sell off Retired items in several different ways: invite customers over to have first dibs, through my Etsy shop and in a Swap and sell with other crafters.
But I do keep a lot of Retired stuff that I still love.
Nola,
Prescott, AZ

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 8, 2019, at 7:17 AM, SUDSOL [Kathleen Brandt] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n46924h20@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

stampingwithkate@gmail.com?subject=Re: Retired Inventory
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingwithkate@gmail.com

I will let my customers know what I have available, then open it to the public on local facebook sites

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathleen Brandt, please change the email address to: stampingwithkate@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Retired-Inventory-tp46914p46924.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Sue Erickson

I have sold retired items a bit to customers, at a valley-wide crafts garage sale, and on Ebay.

Sue Erickson, Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Life is good when you walk with God!

http://creationsbysue.stampinup.net
www.soggystamper.com
www.mydigitalcraftcorner.com

What would you do with some extra cash? Want a job where you decide when to work and how much you want to earn? Contact me for more details!

On Friday, March 8, 2019, 7:23:35 AM PST, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n46926h84@.nabble> wrote:

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Re: SU!: Retired Inventory
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@

I sell off Retired items in several different ways: invite customers over to have first dibs, through my Etsy shop and in a Swap and sell with other crafters.
Nola,
Prescott, AZ

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 8, 2019, at 7:17 AM, SUDSOL [Kathleen Brandt] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n46924h20@.nabble > wrote:

stampingwithkate@?subject=Re: Retired Inventory
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingwithkate@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathleen Brandt, please change the email address to: stampingwithkate@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Retired-Inventory-tp46914p46924.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h69@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Retired-Inventory-tp46914p46926.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h71@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Retired Inventory

Cathy Hansen
In reply to this post by Nola Burkhard

I used to have an annual anniversary open house every July with make and takes and all of my retired stuff out for sale.  In more recent years, it’s been easier for me to cart my stuff to a big craft sale/crafter’s garage sale the end of June at the grange hall where I coordinate a monthly stamp camp.  I also participate in semi-annual crafters garage sales at one of the other monthly stamp camps in which I participate.  The amount I make depends on how much stuff I take with me, but I’ve made in the past anywhere from $300 to $800+.

I gave eBay a brief try, but was discouraged by the amount of their fees and the fact that so many other demos are trying to sell the same stuff.  I also have recently joined a couple of Facebook iso/buy/sell/swap groups.  Unfortunately, I’ve not yet had time to post anything and as a result have ended up buying more stuff than I’ve sold. :D

As far as what I sell – because I also participate in many non-Stampin’ Up! craft sales and classes, I keep all my bling, ribbon, and other embellishments.  If I’m doing a garage sale at the house I put my retired DSP in the sale; it’s just too heavy to cart to other sales.  Stamp sets are crazy hard!  I don’t buy stamp sets based on how popular I think they will be or because Stampin’ Up! is pushing them – rather, I buy only the sets I like and want to use in classes and stamp camps, so they’re basically ALL my favorites.  I used to keep a few of my top favorites, but now I put all my retired sets out for sale and let the buyers make my decisions for me as to what I’ll keep – at least until the next sale comes around.

Cathy Hansen

http://cathyscraftroom.blogspot.com

From: ml+s1100894n46926h9@.nabble <ml+s1100894n46926h9@.nabble>
Sent: Friday, March 8, 2019 8:24 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <cihansen04@>

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Retired%20Inventory

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com

Nola,

Prescott, AZ

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 8, 2019, at 7:17 AM, SUDSOL [Kathleen Brandt] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n46924h20@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

stampingwithkate@gmail.com?subject=Re: Retired Inventory

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingwithkate@gmail.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathleen Brandt, please change the email address to: stampingwithkate@gmail.com

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Retired-Inventory-tp46914p46926.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h96@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Jan Farring

I have a large sale after the new catalog comes out - usually end of July first of August.  I used to open it up to my local customers the day before and then to the public, but the year before last I had NO sales, so last year I did two days.  And I had no customers the second day, so from now on it's one day and just local people

I have sold a lot of stuff on a Facebook page and that has helped!

Jan

On 3/7/2019 10:38 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h54@n7.nabble.com

-- 
Jan Farring
Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator
My Blog:  www.jansstampingcreations.com
Demo Website:  http://janfarring.stampinup.net 
541-390-3390
Jan Farring Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator My Blog: www.jansstampingcreations.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Beth Schreiber
In reply to this post by Dawn DuVal

Yes, I sell via garage sales, to customers and through a variety of BST social media groups.

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 8, 2019, at 8:32 AM, SUDSOL [Dawn DuVal] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n46922h57@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

shallwestamp1@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Retired Inventory
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: shallwestamp1@gmail.com

I sell mine through my Etsy store at full price with good results.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 8:29 AM SUDSOL [davism] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n46921h34@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
marycovertdavis73@gmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Retired+Inventory
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: marycovertdavis73@gmail.com

Yes I sell retired inventory at garage sales. I mark the original price of the item with s/h and tax then I divide it in half. I usually have a yard sale every summer and make over $1,000. Mary

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 8:19 AM SUDSOL [Antinonem] via Business Talk <ml%252Bs1100894n46920h0@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
mickiant@...?subject=Re:+SU!:+Retired+Inventory

Micki Antinone

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

--
Joan Norman
stampnjoan@

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h73@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to davism, please change the email address to: marycovertdavis73@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Retired-Inventory-tp46914p46921.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h76@n7.nabble.com
Dawn DuVal
Shall We Stamp
Finding Your Inner Artist...
        Unleashing Your Creativity!

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Dawn DuVal, please change the email address to: shallwestamp1@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Retired-Inventory-tp46914p46922.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h68@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Retired Inventory

Robin Messenheimer

My local scrapbook store (not a chain) has customer sales twice a year and I take papers, inks, punches and embellishments to that. I’ve found that bargain hunters at these sales are not interested in paying much more than a few dollars for anything. So I sell all my retired stamp sets, dies, and embossing folders on eBay. I group stamp sets with their dies and sell those as a lot. I also group stamp sets by themes. For example, I’ll group sentiment stamp sets together and offer them as a single lot. Before I post them on eBay, I package them all into USPS Flat Rate Boxes and seal them up, marking on the outside what’s in them. So I can easily say, “No,” when someone asks if they can just have one particular set. I don’t have time for that. I even get people asking if I could repackage them into a small flat rate box instead because they’re sure I can squeeze them all in. (I don’t.) BUT I’ve sold every lot.

One warning – punches do not do well in shipping unless you wrap them carefully and basically spend more time and money on the shipping than they’re worth. Also, do NOT try to “squeeze” stamp sets into a box because the cases will crack or break. I’ve had to give refunds because of this. Use padding!

Robin

Robin Messenheimer

PO Box 5234, Hilo, HI 96720

808-854-6145

From: ml+s1100894n46914h3@.nabble <ml+s1100894n46914h3@.nabble>
Sent: Thursday, March 7, 2019 8:39 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <rmessenheimer@>
Subject: SU!: Retired Inventory

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Retired%20Inventory

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h62@n7.nabble.com

Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Jennie Dietrich

I have had GREAT results selling my items on Etsy lately, including a single stamp set going for $70 +shipping this week alone.

As for selling to customers, we have two stamp camps a year and I price all of my stuff there as well for customers to pick and choose through.  I will add to that pile as I continue to go through my craft room at home (which needs a good Spring Cleaning again).

Jennie Dietrich
Stampin'Up! Independent Demonstrator
http://www.pfunstampin.stampinup.net
pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net
Mom

On Friday, March 8, 2019, 12:38:44 AM CST, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n46914h66@.nabble> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@.nabble
Jennie Dietrich
Stampin'Up! Independent Demonstrator
http://www.pfunstampin.stampinup.net
pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net
Mom
Reply | Threaded
|

Janette Clark
In reply to this post by Joan Norman

Yes most definitely!  I use a couple of “Retired SU Products” Sales sites on Facebook for Australian Sales.  Also package up little retired goodies for my Class Lucky Door Prizes 😁

Janette Clark
Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator
Sent from my iPad

On 8 Mar 2019, at 9:30 pm, SUDSOL [Joan Norman] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n46915h72@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

stampnjoan@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Retired Inventory
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampnjoan@gmail.com

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 1:38 AM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n46914h54@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Retired+Inventory

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h13@n7.nabble.com
--
Joan Norman
stampnjoan@gmail.com

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h0@n7.nabble.com