Rehearsal Dinner ideas

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Rehearsal Dinner ideas

Diane Harman

My son is getting married in 6 weeks!  We are hosting the dinner at an Italian Restaurant. They will have a single red rose on all the tables, but that's it.  They won't let us decorate, which I am fine with. But I would like some kind of elegant gift/chocolates something on the table. Maybe with something written inside? What about place cards yea/nay?

The wedding is going to be uber formal, so I am not sure if I make things for the tables, if it will bother my soon to be dil. 

My son and his fiance have something planned with a movie projector-not sure what.

So do we just pay for it, or do we plan it all out?  My mom is no longer around, and my dad is clueless.
Thanks
Diane

Diane Harman
make Me a channel of Your peace
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Rehearsal Dinner ideas

Annie Collins

How about chocolate dipped strawberries with swirls of icing colored to
match their colors?  Just a thought.

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:ml-node+s1100894n8584h81@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 1:09 PM
To: Collins, Annie, Ms., CIV, OSD/DoDEA-Europe
Subject: SU!: Rehearsal Dinner ideas

Click here to reply directly to Diane Harman privately at
stampindiane@ <mailto:stampindiane@?subject=Rehearsal
Dinner ideas> If you just reply to this email, your message will go to
all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the
author: stampindiane@ ________________________________

My son is getting married in 6 weeks!  We are hosting the dinner at an
Italian Restaurant. They will have a single red rose on all the tables,
but that's it.  They won't let us decorate, which I am fine with. But I
would like some kind of elegant gift/chocolates something on the table.
Maybe with something written inside? What about place cards yea/nay?

The wedding is going to be uber formal, so I am not sure if I make
things for the tables, if it will bother my soon to be dil.  

My son and his fiance have something planned with a movie projector-not
sure what.

So do we just pay for it, or do we plan it all out?  My mom is no longer
around, and my dad is clueless.
Thanks
Diane

Diane Harman

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Harman, please change the
email address to: stampindiane@ This message can be found in the
SUDSOL Discussion Forum here:
http://forum.sudsol.org/Rehearsal-Dinner-ideas-tp8584.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email
ml-node+s1100894n2h39@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Creative Idea Shares, click here
<http://forum.sudsol.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_c
ode&node=2&code=YW5uaWUuY29sbGluc0BldS5kb2RlYS5lZHV8MnwxOTk3MjYyOTI2> .

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Rehearsal Dinner ideas

Tanya Stottlemire
In reply to this post by Diane Harman

What about these little chocolates boxes? You could do the box in black, clear lid maybe a little gold or red with the candy in it to keep to the restaurant color scheme. 

I made some for a little get together. I left the ribbon off to see the candy and the colors were just to match the SAB stuff but you could get the dove candy or lindt truffles in them and they went together very fast. 

On Apr 22, 2014, at 7:08 AM, SUDSOL [Diane Harman] via Creative Idea Shares wrote:

stampindiane@twc.com?subject=Rehearsal%20Dinner%20ideas
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampindiane@twc.com

My son is getting married in 6 weeks!  We are hosting the dinner at an Italian Restaurant. They will have a single red rose on all the tables, but that's it.  They won't let us decorate, which I am fine with. But I would like some kind of elegant gift/chocolates something on the table. Maybe with something written inside? What about place cards yea/nay?

The wedding is going to be uber formal, so I am not sure if I make things for the tables, if it will bother my soon to be dil. 

My son and his fiance have something planned with a movie projector-not sure what.

So do we just pay for it, or do we plan it all out?  My mom is no longer around, and my dad is clueless.
Thanks
Diane

Diane Harman

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Harman, please change the email address to: stampindiane@twc.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Rehearsal-Dinner-ideas-tp8584.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h71@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Rehearsal Dinner ideas

Phyllis Strickland

Should these questions should be directed to your son and "soon to be dil" before you decide what to do.  It is their wedding...

I think who pays what is worked out by the parents  Traditionally the grooms family pays for rehearsal dinner but most couples don't follow tradition anymore..  

Phyllis Strickland
Stampin' Up! Supervisor
Goodville, PA
http://allstampingworld.blogspot.com/
Follow me on Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/pstrickland/

From: ml-node+s1100894n8584h38@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n8584h38@.nabble]

Thanks
Diane
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: RE: Rehearsal Dinner ideas

Diane Harman

I'm sorry about the wording and leaving confusion-  We are paying for it. I meant, do we do other things besides pay for it, do we plan the evening as well.  I was hoping for other advice while I was seeking creative advice. I wanted to know the protocol from those who have been there before I did or said something wrong.

My dil2b is extremely busy right now. She is finishing her 2nd yr of law school. She is planning the entire wedding with a wedding planner. That's why I don't want to talk to her too much about it. She will feel she needs to plan it too. It will probably freak her out.

Diane Harman
Louisville, Kentucky

---- "SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Creative Idea Shares" <ml-node+s1100894n8599h43@.nabble> wrote:

>
>  
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: pstrickland@
> If just you reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members.
> _______________________________________________
> Should these questions should be directed to your son and "soon to be dil"
> before you decide what to do.  It is their wedding...
>  
> I think who pays what is worked out by the parents  Traditionally the grooms
> family pays for rehearsal dinner but most couples don't follow tradition
> anymore..  
>  
> Phyllis Strickland
> Stampin' Up! Supervisor
> Goodville, PA
> http://allstampingworld.blogspot.com/
> Follow me on Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/pstrickland/ 
>
>   _____  
>
> From: ml-node+s1100894n8584h38@.nabble
> [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n8584h38@.nabble]
>
>   _____  
>
>
> My son is getting married in 6 weeks!  We are hosting the dinner at an
> Italian Restaurant. They will have a single red rose on all the tables, but
> that's it.  They won't let us decorate, which I am fine with. But I would
> like some kind of elegant gift/chocolates something on the table. Maybe with
> something written inside? What about place cards yea/nay?
>  
> The wedding is going to be uber formal, so I am not sure if I make things
> for the tables, if it will bother my soon to be dil.  
>  
> My son and his fiance have something planned with a movie projector-not sure
> what.
>  
> So do we just pay for it, or do we plan it all out?  My mom is no longer
> around, and my dad is clueless.
> Thanks
> Diane
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: pstrickland@
> If just you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
> http://forum.sudsol.org/Rehearsal-Dinner-ideas-tp8584p8599.html
>
> To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h36@.nabble
> To unsubscribe from Creative Idea Shares, visit
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Re: RE: Rehearsal Dinner ideas

Phyllis Strickland

Hershey kisses.jpg (37K) Download Attachment
10e14b3ca1e06c2f9692bf69bc381dd1.jpg (23K) Download Attachment

Ok, now I understand what you are dealing with!!  I think your idea of chocolates is excellent, there are so many creative but simple and elegant things you could do. EG A chocolate truffle in a little box made with the envelope board  or set on pretty plates; or a little clear bag or tulle bag of personalized Hershey Kisses - you could make the little sticker in MDS or we might even have a stamp that fits.  I saw this done recently.  Your idea of place cards is a great idea if people will have assigned seat and they could match the design of your candy treat.

From: ml-node+s1100894n8612h6@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n8612h6@.nabble]

I'm sorry about the wording and leaving confusion-  We are paying for it. I meant, do we do other things besides pay for it, do we plan the evening as well.  I was hoping for other advice while I was seeking creative advice. I wanted to know the protocol from those who have been there before I did or said something wrong.

My dil2b is extremely busy right now. She is finishing her 2nd yr of law school. She is planning the entire wedding with a wedding planner. That's why I don't want to talk to her too much about it. She will feel she needs to plan it too. It will probably freak her out.

---- "SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Creative Idea Shares" <ml-node+s1100894n8599h43@.nabble> wrote:

> anymore..  
>   _____  
>
>
>  
>  
> what.
>  
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: RE: Re: RE: Rehearsal Dinner ideas

Phyllis Strickland

Sorry That one attachment should have been this one:

pstrickland@me.com?subject=RE: Re: RE: Rehearsal Dinner ideas
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@

Ok, now I understand what you are dealing with!!  I think your idea of chocolates is excellent, there are so many creative but simple and elegant things you could do. EG A chocolate truffle in a little box made with the envelope board  or set on pretty plates; or a little clear bag or tulle bag of personalized Hershey Kisses - you could make the little sticker in MDS or we might even have a stamp that fits.  I saw this done recently.  Your idea of place cards is a great idea if people will have assigned seat and they could match the design of your candy treat.

From: ml-node+s1100894n8612h6@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n8612h6@.nabble]

> anymore..  
>   _____  
>
>
>  
>  
> what.
>  

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Rehearsal-Dinner-ideas-tp8584p8614.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h96@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Creative Idea Shares, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Rehearsal Dinner ideas

Annette Bogue

Payne Rehearsal Favors.jpg (82K) Download Attachment

Diane,

I made these for a customer's son's wedding a couple of month's ago. They were favors but also served to help decorate the tables. She said everyone loved them. It is the couple's engagement picture with their names, wedding date and a favorite quote. You could use MDS to add the text. I just printed the pictures on whisper white card stock, glued them to blank coasters (mine are 3 1/2"), and attached an easel (basic black 3 1/2 X 9, scored at 3 1/2, 4 1/2 and 5 1/2) to the back.

Annette Bogue
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
625 Stretford Ln
Allen, TX 75002
214-551-9662 (cell)
My Blog: www.stampwithannette.com
My Stampin' Up! Website: www.stampwithannette.stampinup.net

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: SU!: Rehearsal Dinner ideas
<ml-node+s1100894n8584h17@n5.nabble.com>
Date: Tue, April 22, 2014 6:09 am
To: SUDSOL Group <annette@stampwithannette.com>

stampindiane@twc.com?subject=Rehearsal Dinner ideas
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampindiane@twc.com

Thanks
Diane

Diane Harman

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Harman, please change the email address to: stampindiane@twc.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Rehearsal-Dinner-ideas-tp8584.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml-node+s1100894n2h75@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: RE: Rehearsal Dinner ideas

Annette Bogue

Oops! The easel measurements should be 3 1/2 X 9 1/2, scored at 3 1/2, 4 1/2, 5 1/2, and 9. That will leave a 1/2" flap for adhesive.

Annette Bogue
625 Stretford Ln
Allen, TX 75002
214-551-9662 (cell)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: SU!: RE: Rehearsal Dinner ideas
<ml-node+s1100894n8618h71@n5.nabble.com>
Date: Tue, April 22, 2014 3:26 pm
To: SUDSOL Group <annette@stampwithannette.com>

annette@stampwithannette.com?subject=RE: SU!: Rehearsal Dinner ideas
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: annette@stampwithannette.com

Payne Rehearsal Favors.jpg (82K) Download Attachment

Diane,

I made these for a customer's son's wedding a couple of month's ago. They were favors but also served to help decorate the tables. She said everyone loved them. It is the couple's engagement picture with their names, wedding date and a favorite quote. You could use MDS to add the text. I just printed the pictures on whisper white card stock, glued them to blank coasters (mine are 3 1/2"), and attached an easel (basic black 3 1/2 X 9, scored at 3 1/2, 4 1/2 and 5 1/2) to the back.

Annette Bogue
625 Stretford Ln
Allen, TX 75002
214-551-9662 (cell)