Redeem Button for Catalog

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
Locked 13 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Redeem Button for Catalog

Jeanne Moss
Just an FYI.  I overnighted a demo order yesterday so I would have my complimentary catalog to show at my classes this week.

I got the order today, and guess what?  No catalog!  When I called SU, they told me that there is a prompt that you have something to redeem.  You need to click on that to get your catalog.  

So, if you have SAB credits to redeem and recruiting credits to redeem, and want to skip those, be careful not to skip your free catalog redemption.

Jeanne Moss
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Redeem Button for Catalog

Beth Grace

I composed a message to SU about that today....that they waited until it was too late to do another 2-day expedited order today to get my catalog this week (and not pay $25 to overnight it) . I mentioned that the redemption button was there before we could preorder yesterday for those of us waiting for the full catalog in June to use our SAB rewards and they should have told us before yesterday to use the redemption button. I was hot when I composed the message so it's still in my drafts folder. I think SU has too many creative-types reviewing their processes and not enough logical-thinkers reviewing their communications. They shouldn't have issues like this and catalog corrections.

I'm an executive assistant in my regular job and these types of errors would get me fired or severly reprimanded. SU just says "oh well" and sends out a correction.

I'm taking a deep breath and looking forward to my box of new toys arriving tomorrow. I'll have to wait until Tuesday when my flex points catalogs arrive to get my hands on the catalog since I didn't attend On Stage.

Off my soap box and going to pour a glass of wine....

Beth

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: "SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n28821h77@.nabble>
Date: 05/04/2016 6:21 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: SUDSOL Group <beth.grace@>
Subject: SU!: Redeem Button for Catalog

stampingal@live.com?subject=Redeem Button for Catalog
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@

Just an FYI.  I overnighted a demo order yesterday so I would have my complimentary catalog to show at my classes this week.

I got the order today, and guess what?  No catalog!  When I called SU, they told me that there is a prompt that you have something to redeem.  You need to click on that to get your catalog.  

So, if you have SAB credits to redeem and recruiting credits to redeem, and want to skip those, be careful not to skip your free catalog redemption.

Jeanne Moss

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Redeem-Button-for-Catalog-tp28821.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h19@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Redeem Button for Catalog

Maria Pobre

I was wondering why I got TWO "you have something to redeem" messages! Fortunately I ordered some with my Flex points so will keep one of those for myself.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)
Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

On May 5, 2016, at 9:57 AM, SUDSOL [Beth Grace] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n28823h45@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

beth.grace@verizon.net?subject=RE: SU!: Redeem Button for Catalog
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: beth.grace@verizon.net

I composed a message to SU about that today....that they waited until it was too late to do another 2-day expedited order today to get my catalog this week (and not pay $25 to overnight it) . I mentioned that the redemption button was there before we could preorder yesterday for those of us waiting for the full catalog in June to use our SAB rewards and they should have told us before yesterday to use the redemption button. I was hot when I composed the message so it's still in my drafts folder. I think SU has too many creative-types reviewing their processes and not enough logical-thinkers reviewing their communications. They shouldn't have issues like this and catalog corrections.

I'm an executive assistant in my regular job and these types of errors would get me fired or severly reprimanded. SU just says "oh well" and sends out a correction.

I'm taking a deep breath and looking forward to my box of new toys arriving tomorrow. I'll have to wait until Tuesday when my flex points catalogs arrive to get my hands on the catalog since I didn't attend On Stage.

Beth
Reply | Threaded
|

Diane Gardner

Beth have your wine then maybe clean up your response to SU but please do hit send. Here is my take on this. Is there anyone out there who placed a preorder that did not want their free copy of the catalog??? Why not just put one in every pre-order box? Why do they have to make things so difficult. You folks who expedited be happy! I got up at 4 am and placed my order within the first hour available to me and mine is still picking after 2 days. Oh I did see the redeem catalog button so I will be getting mine.

Diane Gardner
Sr Supervisor Stampin Up

On May 4, 2016, at 9:10 PM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n28828h11@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Stampinmia@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Redeem Button for Catalog
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Stampinmia@gmail.com

I was wondering why I got TWO "you have something to redeem" messages! Fortunately I ordered some with my Flex points so will keep one of those for myself.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

On May 5, 2016, at 9:57 AM, SUDSOL [Beth Grace] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n28823h45@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: beth.grace@verizon.net

Beth

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: Stampinmia@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Redeem-Button-for-Catalog-tp28821p28828.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h36@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Redeem Button for Catalog

Jane Bone

I called SU last night.  They are sending a catalog by 1st class mail to everyone that did not click the redeem button.  I did not realize that was for the catalog.  Jane

Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2016 6:29 AM
To: rbone@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: Re: SU!: Redeem Button for Catalog

dggard@bellsouth.net?subject=Re: SU!: Redeem Button for Catalog
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: dggard@

Beth have your wine then maybe clean up your response to SU but please do hit send. Here is my take on this. Is there anyone out there who placed a preorder that did not want their free copy of the catalog??? Why not just put one in every pre-order box? Why do they have to make things so difficult. You folks who expedited be happy! I got up at 4 am and placed my order within the first hour available to me and mine is still picking after 2 days. Oh I did see the redeem catalog button so I will be getting mine.

Diane Gardner
Sr Supervisor Stampin Up

On May 4, 2016, at 9:10 PM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n28828h11@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Stampinmia@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Redeem Button for Catalog
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Stampinmia@gmail.com

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

Beth

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: Stampinmia@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Redeem-Button-for-Catalog-tp28821p28828.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h36@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, <A href="wlmailhtml:{96CE767A-33C7-42F5-BE50-10AC52D64F85}mid://00000036/" rel=nofollow target=_top link="external">click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Gardner, please change the email address to: dggard@bellsouth.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Redeem-Button-for-Catalog-tp28821p28833.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h47@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Phyllis Strickland

And how much employee time and postage will that cost them??
As some one said to me they are a global company but operate like they are working out of Shellie's living room.   Or as we say at the monthly demo meeting it seems like it is fun by a bunch of trained monkeys.  I work with with some companies  that are not "global" in my day job and they would never survive if they had this many things go wrong.
Phyllis Strickland

On May 5, 2016, at 7:38 AM, SUDSOL [Jane Bone] via Business Talk <ml-
I called SU last night.  They are sending a catalog by 1st class mail to everyone that did not click the redeem button.  I did not realize that was for the catalog.  Jane

Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2016 6:29 AM

Reply | Threaded
|

Tammy Fite

I think we, as demonstrators  and adults, should take some of the responsibility.   The button was there .  It wasn't hidden.  It popped up when you started your order.  Just because you didn't pay attention to what it said isn't stampin ups fault.  Loads of people saw it, probably more saw it than didn't.   It just shows the caring from SU! That they are sending them out free of charge.,

Always seems like we blame them, when really if we had just paid attention,  it wouldn't be an issue.

I'm ready for the backlash, bring it on.  But think about it just a little before you hit reply.

Hugs,
Tammy 

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Tammy Fite
Stampin' Up! Silver Elite
stampinmama@comcast.net
www.stampwithtammy.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Catherine Steele

Well said, Tammy!

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 5:37 AM, SUDSOL [Tammy Fite] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n28839h65@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
stampinmama@comcast.net?subject=Re:+SU!:+Redeem+Button+for+Catalog
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampinmama@comcast.net

I think we, as demonstrators  and adults, should take some of the responsibility.   The button was there .  It wasn't hidden.  It popped up when you started your order.  Just because you didn't pay attention to what it said isn't stampin ups fault.  Loads of people saw it, probably more saw it than didn't.   It just shows the caring from SU! That they are sending them out free of charge.,

Always seems like we blame them, when really if we had just paid attention,  it wouldn't be an issue.

I'm ready for the backlash, bring it on.  But think about it just a little before you hit reply.

Hugs,
Tammy 

Tammy Fite
stampinmama@comcast.net
www.stampwithtammy.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Tammy Fite, please change the email address to: stampinmama@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Redeem-Button-for-Catalog-tp28821p28839.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h49@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

--
Catherine Steele
Pinetop, AZ
cmsteele17@gmail.com
Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator
Visit my blog at:

Catherine Steele
Pinetop, AZ
cmsteele17@gmail.com
Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/cathiespage
Visit my blog at:
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/cathiespage/blog

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Tammy Fite

No backlash from me since I agree for the most part. However, I had a redemption message for SAB rewards which I have decided to wait to use so was choosing "redeem later" so it wasn't actually opening the notice. I assumed there was a glitch that was causing me to get the notice twice. It wasn't until later that I realized one was for the catalog. If they had told us ahead of time then I would have known. All that said, I would have survived without it until my next order! 😊

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

On May 5, 2016, at 10:37 PM, SUDSOL [Tammy Fite] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n28839h41@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

stampinmama@comcast.net?subject=Re: SU!: Redeem Button for Catalog
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampinmama@comcast.net

I think we, as demonstrators  and adults, should take some of the responsibility.   The button was there .  It wasn't hidden.  It popped up when you started your order.  Just because you didn't pay attention to what it said isn't stampin ups fault.  Loads of people saw it, probably more saw it than didn't.   It just shows the caring from SU! That they are sending them out free of charge.,

I'm ready for the backlash, bring it on.  But think about it just a little before you hit reply.

Hugs,
Tammy 

Tammy Fite
stampinmama@comcast.net
www.stampwithtammy.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Tammy Fite, please change the email address to: stampinmama@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Redeem-Button-for-Catalog-tp28821p28839.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

lindseyj
In reply to this post by Jeanne Moss

I just talked to lovely Jody from DS who told me that when I saved and exited my order (to get a number for one more item), (she said that) this year the free catalog with the first demo order would be inactivated, even though I had checked the circle to indicate I wanted to get one with my first order.

She, as I mentioned, was so lovely (and I was, too) and we got the situation rectified.  So before you click on "Submit Order,"
please check that ALL the items you need (esp. the free catalog!) are included.  Again, the new system deletes the free catalog if you close out and save the order. So don't skip "redeem later" as that is where the free catalog must be ordered again.

HTH!  As USUAL, DS is  there for us.  Be kind...............this is a new transition for ordering this year and some of us have a little trouble with change.  😉

Jan Lindsey
(Starting my 18th year with SU!)

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 7:21 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n28821h79@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
stampingal@live.com?subject=Redeem+Button+for+Catalog
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@live.com

Just an FYI.  I overnighted a demo order yesterday so I would have my complimentary catalog to show at my classes this week.

I got the order today, and guess what?  No catalog!  When I called SU, they told me that there is a prompt that you have something to redeem.  You need to click on that to get your catalog.  

Jeanne Moss

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Redeem-Button-for-Catalog-tp28821.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h21@n5.nabble.com

--
Jan Lindsey, independent Stampin' Up! representative
Reply | Threaded
|

coverstonm
In reply to this post by Maria Pobre

Hi Tammy,

I agree with you.  I was prompted by the system to make a selection.  I, too, assumed initially that the free items were from SAB, but after the prompt, and the second pop up for a free item I went back and read it.  And it's another reminder that we shouldn't assume, but rather take a minute and read the message.  :)

Melanie

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 8:09 AM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n28841h26@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
Stampinmia@gmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Redeem+Button+for+Catalog

No backlash from me since I agree for the most part. However, I had a redemption message for SAB rewards which I have decided to wait to use so was choosing "redeem later" so it wasn't actually opening the notice. I assumed there was a glitch that was causing me to get the notice twice. It wasn't until later that I realized one was for the catalog. If they had told us ahead of time then I would have known. All that said, I would have survived without it until my next order! 😊

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

On May 5, 2016, at 10:37 PM, SUDSOL [Tammy Fite] via Business Talk <ml-node%2Bs1100894n28839h41@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

stampinmama@...?subject=Re: SU!: Redeem Button for Catalog

I think we, as demonstrators  and adults, should take some of the responsibility.   The button was there .  It wasn't hidden.  It popped up when you started your order.  Just because you didn't pay attention to what it said isn't stampin ups fault.  Loads of people saw it, probably more saw it than didn't.   It just shows the caring from SU! That they are sending them out free of charge.,

I'm ready for the backlash, bring it on.  But think about it just a little before you hit reply.

Hugs,
Tammy 

Tammy Fite
stampinmama@comcast.net
www.stampwithtammy.com

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Redeem-Button-for-Catalog-tp28821p28841.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h48@n5.nabble.com

--
Melanie
Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss

I totally agree with Tammy.   Who doesn't make mistakes?  And, who doesn't learn as we go?  I'm always learning from my customers in class about better ways to do things.  And I'm always happy when it's my first class, so I can use that tip for the other three classes that make the same projects!  SU is no different..... They also learn with experience.

Like I said in my post yesterday, it was my fault I didn't redeem my catalog.  I assumed, incorrectly, that it was my recruiting rewards, and my SAB rewards.  SU is always great about taking care of any issues, and to me, that's the main thing! 

Jeanne Moss
jeanne.moss@live.com

Sent from my iPad

On May 5, 2016, at 9:43 AM, SUDSOL [coverstonm] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n28843h74@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

mcoverston@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Redeem Button for Catalog
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: mcoverston@gmail.com

Hi Tammy,

I agree with you. I was prompted by the system to make a selection. I, too, assumed initially that the free items were from SAB, but after the prompt, and the second pop up for a free item I went back and read it. And it's another reminder that we shouldn't assume, but rather take a minute and read the message. :)

Melanie

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 8:09 AM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n28841h26@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
Stampinmia@gmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Redeem+Button+for+Catalog

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)

On May 5, 2016, at 10:37 PM, SUDSOL [Tammy Fite] via Business Talk <ml-node%2Bs1100894n28839h41@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

stampinmama@...?subject=Re: SU!: Redeem Button for Catalog

I think we, as demonstrators and adults, should take some of the responsibility. The button was there . It wasn't hidden. It popped up when you started your order. Just because you didn't pay attention to what it said isn't stampin ups fault. Loads of people saw it, probably more saw it than didn't. It just shows the caring from SU! That they are sending them out free of charge.,

Always seems like we blame them, when really if we had just paid attention, it wouldn't be an issue.

I'm ready for the backlash, bring it on. But think about it just a little before you hit reply.

Hugs,
Tammy

Tammy Fite
stampinmama@comcast.net
www.stampwithtammy.com

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Redeem-Button-for-Catalog-tp28821p28841.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h48@n5.nabble.com

--
Melanie

If you want the reply to go ONLY to coverstonm, please change the email address to: mcoverston@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Redeem-Button-for-Catalog-tp28821p28843.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h34@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Redeem Button for Catalog

Robin Messenheimer
In reply to this post by Tammy Fite

My last few orders since SAB have had the same pop-up and I don’t want to redeem until the new catty is live. So I just ignored the same old message. That new catty always appeared in my pre-order. I never had to jump through any hoops. Good news is that my flex points box of catties is scheduled for delivery tomorrow with my pre-order.

Robin Messenheimer

Pahoa, Hawai'i

http://robinscraftroom.com

From: ml-node+s1100894n28839h78@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n28839h78@.nabble]
Sent: Thursday, May 5, 2016 2:37 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <rmessenheimer@>

stampinmama@comcast.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Redeem%20Button%20for%20Catalog

Hugs,

Tammy 

Tammy Fite
stampinmama@comcast.net
www.stampwithtammy.com

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h62@n5.nabble.com

Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com