The Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101 Program is a SUDSOL program which seeks to assist you with incorporating scrapbooking into your Stampin’ Up! Business by sharing demonstratable scrapbook projects on SUDSOL, plus information, tips, and ideas about scrapbooking. If you have specific questions or articles you would like to see in this program, please let me know!
Today, I’d like to share with you another Christmas layout – this one from Megumi Holland ~ www.megumisstampinretreat.com – pinned to the SUDSOL pinboard.
This is a lovely, not too complicated layout (not too complicated in that while it is complex enough to be interesting and draw the eye across the page with interesting vignettes, it would be *easily* replicated by even novice stampers.
Layout on the grid:
Left hand piece
- White print (far left) – 2x10
- Cherry Cobbler print[see note below about DSP] (horizontal) 1.5x12 with Garden Green ribbon across it (or use washi – 3 strips – 2 Cherry Cobbler, 1 Green)
- Cherry Cobbler print 2 (vertical) 3x12
- White stamped piece (horizontal) 5x8 [Stamp ideas: Pine boughs from Mistletoe Seasons in AC p 95, Peaceful Poinsettia pg 22, Holiday (Holly stamp), the trio of stars from Nothing Sweeter pg 25, Holiday, OR use the top right motif stamp from the Around the Corner set in AC pg 40, stamp in Garden Green and add Red Jewels to represent holly berries!
- Hanging ornaments at top (4 ideas worthy of mention) – occupies about 5 inches of space horizontally and ends one inch from the right-hand side of the piece of cardstock):
*All is bright paper clips
**Snowflakes & Wires wire elements, pg 6 and 29 respectively, Holiday,
***Stamped/punched bulbs, MAKE IT BRIGHT, pg 7, Holiday; **** Beautiful Baubles, Holiday, pg 10
Right hand piece:
- 4x4 squares of Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green – one in Megumi’s creation has the “Peace on Earth” stamped piece. You could easily place a deer from the Dashing Deer suite (Holiday pg 9) OR use one of the other stamp suites in the Holiday catalog to suit your mood.
- 2x12 strip Cherry Cobbler DSP, 2 die cut trees at bottom
- 1x12 strip of checked DSP in Green; ribbon, washi or stamped (Buffalo Check) cardstock would easily work, as would the plaids from Festive Farmhouse (Holiday, pg 13)
NOTE RE DSP:
Now, since the stamps and DSP are retired, I would replace the DSP with Under the Mistletoe (p 95 2018 AC) or one of the other awesome DSPs in the Holiday catalog (if you have them, because some of them are gone, gone, gone!). Failing Holiday DSP sets, one could *always* use prints from the color family sets of 6x6 DSP or even stamp borders on Whisper White using seasonal stamps (or punched borders based on one of these samples inspired by Mary Englebreit)! These are from a scrapbook swap I was in several years ago – I LOVE these borders!.
(Email if you need instructions on replicating any of these borders. I’ll be glad to help but didn’t want to make this installment of Scrapbook Samples 5 days long. ;)
You could also use Suite Season Specialty Washi tape for the horizontal strips of Cherry Cobbler print on the left-hand page. Winter Woods Stamps & Framelits would make some lovely trees for accent pieces as shown. In place of the retired sentiments used, I’d look to Merry Christmas to All (p. 5 Holiday Cat), Cross-stitched Season, p 17; His Light (Christ is born REJOICE) on p 26, Sincerely Santa (JOY to your WORLD) p 32.
I hope that this Christmas layout idea from Megumi inspires you, as it has me, to create a wonderful scrapbook experience with your family photos, and by extension, to help your customers do the same! Watch for another installment in my Christmas series soon!!!
Do you have another idea for a Scrap 101 article? A request of something you’d like me to research a bit and write up?
Thank you - I'd love to - please send me your ideas for articles OR layouts to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Also, if you upload scrapbook layouts to the gallery, please drop me an email so I can feature some of your pages in a future Scrapbook Samples article!
Thanks for reading this edition of Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101. Would you like to be featured in one of my SS posts? Upload those layouts, ladies and gents! Yours may be the next one to catch my eye!!! As always, if you have any requests for a specific topic to be covered in a Scrap 101 (or Scrapbook Samples) post, additional suggestions, advice or thoughts, please let me know - the suggestion box is always open for those requests!
*Ü* Nanc ><>
Scrapbook Samples /Scrap 101 Coordinator
Scrapbook Samples/Scrap101 Coordinator
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|