RE: SU!: Thinlit Folding Dies - Magnetic Platform

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Phyllis Strickland

I have been wanting to post about this.  Lately ALL my dies just want to jump all over the platform and it seems be getting worse.   They absolutely did not do this when the Platform was new – I was able to put them exactly where I wanted them.   I know it isn’t only my problem because others on SUDSOl as well as my demo friends are experiencing the same thing

I always use my flatter cutting mats because distorted ones do not work as well.  And yes I know you can move the paper but that doesn’t always work  or I could cut the paper to roughly fit the die or whatever, but I did not need to do this until the past couple months.

A demo friend was helping me with some swaps and we were having a heck of a time with her platform, so I know it is not only mine.  In fact I thought her platform is even worse than mine.  We wanted to position the little balloon tails on parts of the paper with more confetti and the die did not cooperate very well – we had to place the tails wherever they would not jump but also not be in a white spot with little confetti.  What a waste of time and paper.

When I was cutting out balloons I ended up cutting strips of paper just as wide as the balloon so I could place the paper where the die was willing to stick.  It ended up I could not cut all the stripes the direction I wanted to or I would have run out of paper.  I know we should have changed to the regular platform but I didn’t bring it and hers was mislaid.

Do the magnets gradually change polarity or come loose inside the platform  or what is going on here?  I have not stored my platform near other magnets or dropped it or anything that I am aware would affect it.   I’m almost at the point where I want to try to open the platform to see what is going on.

This is not acceptable for a $40 platform to be acting  like this because in some cases the die doesn’t even fit because I can’t find a spot.  it also means I have to waste a lot of paper because sometimes I end up cutting it in squares to fit the die, which means I can’t butt the cuts IYFWIM.

I do plan to write to DS today.  WE need to let them know what is going on.

Phyllis Strickland

From: ml-node+s1100894n17029h33@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n17029h33@.nabble]

Diane wrote: I was using the multipurpose. I tried the magnetic too, but the die wanted to slip too much even though the pad was pretty flat.

Well....

I had the opportunity to play with my Mini Treat Bag Thinlit again today. I discovered that it kept wanting to slide on my Magnetic Platform as well. My solution was to leave the Thinlit where the magnets were pulling it and move the paper instead. I was easily able to line everything up by doing it this way.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Thinlit Folding Dies - Magnetic Platform

Carole Fineberg

I gave up using my magnetic platform months ago for this very reason. The Mag platform is NOT one flat magnetic sheet, but a series of tiny, round magnets. Therefore, unless the plates are PERFECTLY flat, the framelits, thinlits, edgelits want to move in a direction that suits them and the magnets, but not me.

My plates are perfectly flat when they are new for maybe a month before they start curling, no matter if I keep turning them over or not. If I have to have perfectly flat plates for the magnetic platform to work, I'd rather use the multipurpose platform and deal with whatever shortcoming it has without wondering if the magnets have a mind of their own.

Just sayin'....

Carole Fineberg
Reno, NV

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 6:55 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n17034h19@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
pstrickland@me.com?subject=RE:+SU!:+Thinlit+Folding+Dies+-+Magnetic+Platform
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

I have been wanting to post about this.  Lately ALL my dies just want to jump all over the platform and it seems be getting worse.   They absolutely did not do this when the Platform was new – I was able to put them exactly where I wanted them.   I know it isn’t only my problem because others on SUDSOl as well as my demo friends are experiencing the same thing

I always use my flatter cutting mats because distorted ones do not work as well.  And yes I know you can move the paper but that doesn’t always work  or I could cut the paper to roughly fit the die or whatever, but I did not need to do this until the past couple months.

A demo friend was helping me with some swaps and we were having a heck of a time with her platform, so I know it is not only mine.  In fact I thought her platform is even worse than mine.  We wanted to position the little balloon tails on parts of the paper with more confetti and the die did not cooperate very well – we had to place the tails wherever they would not jump but also not be in a white spot with little confetti.  What a waste of time and paper.

When I was cutting out balloons I ended up cutting strips of paper just as wide as the balloon so I could place the paper where the die was willing to stick.  It ended up I could not cut all the stripes the direction I wanted to or I would have run out of paper.  I know we should have changed to the regular platform but I didn’t bring it and hers was mislaid.

Do the magnets gradually change polarity or come loose inside the platform  or what is going on here?  I have not stored my platform near other magnets or dropped it or anything that I am aware would affect it.   I’m almost at the point where I want to try to open the platform to see what is going on.

This is not acceptable for a $40 platform to be acting  like this because in some cases the die doesn’t even fit because I can’t find a spot.  it also means I have to waste a lot of paper because sometimes I end up cutting it in squares to fit the die, which means I can’t butt the cuts IYFWIM.

Phyllis Strickland

From: ml-node+s1100894n17029h33@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n17029h33@.nabble]

Diane wrote: I was using the multipurpose. I tried the magnetic too, but the die wanted to slip too much even though the pad was pretty flat.

Well....

I had the opportunity to play with my Mini Treat Bag Thinlit again today. I discovered that it kept wanting to slide on my Magnetic Platform as well. My solution was to leave the Thinlit where the magnets were pulling it and move the paper instead. I was easily able to line everything up by doing it this way.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Thinlit-Folding-Dies-tp16659p17034.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n1954h39@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

--
Carole Fineberg

"Patriots are not revolutionaries trying to overthrow the government of the United States.
Patriots are Counter-Revolutionaries trying to prevent the government from overthrowing the Constitution.

~ Thomas Jefferson

Carole Fineberg Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Reno, NV website/blog: http://CardmakingByCarole.com email: cardmakingbycarole@gmail.com Although it may not always be wrapped in a bow, life is always a gift.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss

Has anyone tried turning the magnetic platform over and using the back side?  I haven't tried it, but wonder if the magnets go all the way through?

Jeanne Moss
526 Langley Trace
Elizabethtown, KY  42701
jeanne.moss@live.com

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 21, 2015, at 1:10 PM, SUDSOL [Carole Fineberg] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n17044h5@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

simi4relo@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Thinlit Folding Dies - Magnetic Platform
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: simi4relo@gmail.com

I gave up using my magnetic platform months ago for this very reason. The Mag platform is NOT one flat magnetic sheet, but a series of tiny, round magnets. Therefore, unless the plates are PERFECTLY flat, the framelits, thinlits, edgelits want to move in a direction that suits them and the magnets, but not me.

My plates are perfectly flat when they are new for maybe a month before they start curling, no matter if I keep turning them over or not. If I have to have perfectly flat plates for the magnetic platform to work, I'd rather use the multipurpose platform and deal with whatever shortcoming it has without wondering if the magnets have a mind of their own.

Just sayin'....

Carole Fineberg
Reno, NV

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 6:55 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n17034h19@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

Phyllis Strickland

Well....

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Thinlit-Folding-Dies-tp16659p17034.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n1954h39@n5.nabble.com

--
Carole Fineberg

"Patriots are not revolutionaries trying to overthrow the government of the United States.
Patriots are Counter-Revolutionaries trying to prevent the government from overthrowing the Constitution.

~ Thomas Jefferson

Carole Fineberg Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Reno, NV website/blog: http://CardmakingByCarole.com email: cardmakingbycarole@gmail.com Although it may not always be wrapped in a bow, life is always a gift.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Carole Fineberg, please change the email address to: simi4relo@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Thinlit-Folding-Dies-tp16659p17044.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h15@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Judi Carpenter

No.  The magnets are embedded in just one side.

Judi

Judi Carpenter, Decatur, IL
I love being your Stampin' Up! demonstrator!
Manager, Haf2Stamp Team
Phone: 217-875-0092
Visit my website: www.judicarpenter.stampinup.net
my blog: www.judicarpenterstamps.typepad.com
my Mary Kay site: www.marykay.com/judicarpenter

In a message dated 1/21/2015 1:19:28 P.M. Central Standard Time, ml-node+s1100894n17046h23@.nabble writes:
stampingal@live.com?subject=Re: SU!: Thinlit Folding Dies - Magnetic Platform
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@

Has anyone tried turning the magnetic platform over and using the back side?  I haven't tried it, but wonder if the magnets go all the way through?

Jeanne Moss
526 Langley Trace
Elizabethtown, KY  42701
jeanne.moss@live.com

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 21, 2015, at 1:10 PM, SUDSOL [Carole Fineberg] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n17044h5@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

simi4relo@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Thinlit Folding Dies - Magnetic Platform
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: simi4relo@gmail.com

Just sayin'....

Carole Fineberg
Reno, NV

Phyllis Strickland

Well....

--
Carole Fineberg

~ Thomas Jefferson

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Carole Fineberg, please change the email address to: simi4relo@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Thinlit-Folding-Dies-tp16659p17044.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h15@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/RE-SU-Thinlit-Folding-Dies-Magnetic-Platform-tp17034p17046.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h71@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Diane Harman
In reply to this post by Carole Fineberg

I agree, I gave up on it too.  I use the removable scotch tape to hold my dies down. It’s easier and less frustrating. It is better to do that than show a problematic product.

Diane

From: ml-node+s1100894n17044h38@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n17044h38@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 1:10 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: Re: SU!: Thinlit Folding Dies - Magnetic Platform

simi4relo@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Thinlit%20Folding%20Dies%20-%20Magnetic%20Platform

Just sayin'....

Carole Fineberg

Reno, NV

Phyllis Strickland

From: ml-node+s1100894n17029h33@.nabble [ml-node+s1100894n17029h33@.nabble]

Well....

--

Carole Fineberg

~ Thomas Jefferson

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h48@n5.nabble.com