RE: SU!: QOTW - paper cutters

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
21 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: SU!: QOTW - paper cutters

donna matoi
I have another question: Does anyone use a large type of paper cutter that cuts bulk paper at one time? If so, what brand are you using and where did you get it? I recently purchased one off of Ebay and the measurements are off 1/16". I'm going to return it, but need to buy one desperately to save time in prepping. Thanks for your assistance! donna DONNA MATOI Your Creative & Inspiration Coach Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator Manager Long Beach, CA (310) 213-7433   need stamps? shop 24/7 www.dcmluv2stamp.stampinup.net.com      

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 8/24-30
< ml-node+s1100894n23205h87@n5.nabble.com >
Date: Mon, August 24, 2015 7:10 pm
To: SUDSOL Group < donna@donnascreativepad.com >

Click here to reply directly to Charlotte Lindmeier privately at clindmeier@windstream.net  If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net    This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips etc. Your responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week.  And if there are at least five participants one person will win one FREE week of SUDSOL. And you can play Bingo with the chance of winning FREE time there as well.  Send your answers by Sunday morning. Our question this week is:  What question do you have for other demonstrators that might help you in your business? Hopefully someone will answer it for you.  Charlotte Lindmeier Question of the Week     If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net   This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205.html    To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com   To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here .  

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 8/24-30

donnab07

I bought the large Carl Cutter years ago, and love it.  It really saves me time when prepping for classes and workshops.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml-node+s1100894n23238h20@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n23238h20@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 1:19 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: Re: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 8/24-30

donna@donnascreativepad.com?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%208/24-30

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@donnascreativepad.com

I have another question:

Does anyone use a large type of paper cutter that cuts bulk paper at one time? If so, what brand are you using and where did you get it?

I recently purchased one off of Ebay and the measurements are off 1/16". I'm going to return it, but need to buy one desperately to save time in prepping.

Thanks for your assistance!

donna

DONNA MATOI

Your Creative & Inspiration Coach

Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator

Manager

Long Beach, CA

(310) 213-7433

need stamps? shop 24/7 www.dcmluv2stamp.stampinup.net.com

<ml-node+s1100894n23205h87@n5.nabble.com>
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@donnascreativepad.com>

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Question of the Week Reminder for 8/24-30

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips etc. Your responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week.  And if there are at least five participants one person will win one FREE week of SUDSOL. And you can play Bingo with the chance of winning FREE time there as well.  Send your answers by Sunday morning.

Our question this week is:
 What question do you have for other demonstrators that might help you in your business? Hopefully someone will answer it for you.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donna matoi, please change the email address to: donna@donnascreativepad.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23238.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h35@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 8/24-30

Juanita Golson
In reply to this post by donna matoi

Donna,

I got a  Sanven A3 Paper Cutter at Christmas time. I find that I can’t use the lines to get things real precise. So what I did was take some cardboard, like from some of our specialty papers and my guillotine cutter and make some templates for the different sizes that I need to cut. I put the blade down on my big cutter, put the template against the blade and move the gauge next to the other side, tighten it up and remove the template. Now I can cut more precise and not worry if I have it lined up right on the grid.

HTH,

Juanita

Juanita Golsonjuanita@stampingwithjuanita.com
Stamping With Juanita Blog
Shop Online 24/7 at My SU Store
(931)237-0462

From: ml-node+s1100894n23238h85@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n23238h85@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 3:19 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <juanita.golson@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 8/24-30

donna@donnascreativepad.com?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%208/24-30

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@donnascreativepad.com

I have another question:

Does anyone use a large type of paper cutter that cuts bulk paper at one time? If so, what brand are you using and where did you get it?

I recently purchased one off of Ebay and the measurements are off 1/16". I'm going to return it, but need to buy one desperately to save time in prepping.

donna

DONNA MATOI

Manager

Long Beach, CA

(310) 213-7433

<ml-node+s1100894n23205h87@n5.nabble.com>

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Question of the Week Reminder for 8/24-30

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips etc. Your responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week.  And if there are at least five participants one person will win one FREE week of SUDSOL. And you can play Bingo with the chance of winning FREE time there as well.  Send your answers by Sunday morning.

What question do you have for other demonstrators that might help you in your business? Hopefully someone will answer it for you.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donna matoi, please change the email address to: donna@donnascreativepad.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23238.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h0@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Juanita Golson
Image uploads
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 8/24-30

Tami Weil

I use a large Carl cutter that will cut about 14-15 sheets of CS at one time.  It's one of the best investments I've ever made. I bought it several years ago through an online deal that was advertised on Splitcoaststampers.  I think I was able to get it for half price.  I think that the office supply stores sell that brand, but I'm not sure if they have the big one.  I've had it for 8 or 9 years and have never even had to replace the blade.  I love it!

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 1:18 PM, SUDSOL [donna matoi] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n23238h77@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
donna@donnascreativepad.com?subject=RE:+SU!:+Question+of+the+Week+Reminder+for+8/24-30

I have another question:

donna

DONNA MATOI
Manager
Long Beach, CA
<a href="tel:%28310%29%20213-7433" value="+13102137433" target="_blank">(310) 213-7433

<ml-node%2Bs1100894n23205h87@n5.nabble.com>

clindmeier@...?subject=Question of the Week Reminder for 8/24-30

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips etc. Your responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week.  And if there are at least five participants one person will win one FREE week of SUDSOL. And you can play Bingo with the chance of winning FREE time there as well.  Send your answers by Sunday morning.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h92@n5.nabble.com

--
Check out my blog Click Here
Check out my Stampin Up! website - Click Here
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 8/24-30

Tami Weil

Here is a link to one on Amazon, that may be the updated version.  It looks a little bit different cosmetically, but otherwise basically the same.

http://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Rotary-Paper-Trimmer-15inch/dp/B0006HV9NY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440538500&sr=8-1&keywords=carl+paper+cutter

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 1:18 PM, SUDSOL [donna matoi] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n23238h77@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
donna@donnascreativepad.com?subject=RE:+SU!:+Question+of+the+Week+Reminder+for+8/24-30

I have another question:

donna

DONNA MATOI
Manager
Long Beach, CA
<a href="tel:%28310%29%20213-7433" value="+13102137433" target="_blank">(310) 213-7433

<ml-node%2Bs1100894n23205h87@n5.nabble.com>

clindmeier@...?subject=Question of the Week Reminder for 8/24-30

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips etc. Your responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week.  And if there are at least five participants one person will win one FREE week of SUDSOL. And you can play Bingo with the chance of winning FREE time there as well.  Send your answers by Sunday morning.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h92@n5.nabble.com

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Question of the Week Carl Trimmers for 8/24-30

Terri G
In reply to this post by Tami Weil
Can any of you who mentioned that you use the Carl Paper cutter/Trimmer tell me the model number and/or size you use. Even if it's an older model.  I need to get one that will cut multiple sheets and not go through blades like crazy! I cut a ton of paper for classes and just getting too expensive to buy so many blades and replacing all the time.  

Thank you!  
If you don't want to post back here, feel free to email me: tgeorge72@me.com

Tami Weil wrote
I use a large Carl cutter that will cut about 14-15 sheets of CS at one
time.  It's one of the best investments I've ever made. I bought it several
years ago through an online deal that was advertised on
Splitcoaststampers.  I think I was able to get it for half price.  I think
that the office supply stores sell that brand, but I'm not sure if they
have the big one.  I've had it for 8 or 9 years and have never even had to
replace the blade.  I love it!

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 1:18 PM, SUDSOL [donna matoi] via Business Talk <
ml-node+s1100894n23238h77@.nabble> wrote:

> Click here to reply directly to donna matoi privately at
> donna@
> <donna@?subject=RE:+SU!:+Question+of+the+Week+Reminder+for+8/24-30>
> If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL
> members, unless you change the To: email address to the author:
> donna@
> ------------------------------
>
> I have another question:
>
> Does anyone use a large type of paper cutter that cuts bulk paper at one
> time? If so, what brand are you using and where did you get it?
>
> I recently purchased one off of Ebay and the measurements are off 1/16".
> I'm going to return it, but need to buy one desperately to save time in
> prepping.
>
> Thanks for your assistance!
> donna
>
>
> *DONNA MATOI*
> Your Creative & Inspiration Coach
> Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator
> Manager
> Long Beach, CA
> (310) 213-7433
>
> need stamps? shop 24/7 www.dcmluv2stamp.stampinup.net.com
>
>
>
>
>
> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 8/24-30
> From: "SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk"
> <ml-node+s1100894n23205h87@.nabble>
> Date: Mon, August 24, 2015 7:10 pm
> To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
>
> clindmeier@?subject=Question of the Week Reminder for
> 8/24-30
> clindmeier@
> This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas
> and tips etc. Your responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of
> all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week.  And if
> there are at least five participants one person will win one FREE week of
> SUDSOL. And you can play Bingo with the chance of winning FREE time there
> as well.  Send your answers by Sunday morning.
>
> Our question this week is:
>  What question do you have for other demonstrators that might help you in
> your business? Hopefully someone will answer it for you.
> Charlotte Lindmeier
> Question of the Week
>
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the
> email address to: clindmeier@
> This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here:
> http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205.html
> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email
> ml-node+s1100894n3h25@.nabble
> To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
>
>
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to donna matoi, please change the email
> address to: donna@
> http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23238.html
> ml-node+s1100894n3h92@.nabble
> To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here
> <http://forum.sudsol.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=3&code=dGFtaXNrZWVwc2FrZXNAZ21haWwuY29tfDN8MTg2OTgzOTM3NQ==>
> .
>

--
*Check out my blog Click Here <http://butterflydesignsblog.blogspot.com/>*
*Check out my Stampin Up! website - Click Here
<http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/tamiweil/>*
Reply | Threaded
|

Tami Weil

Mine is a DC-210 with a 12x14" cutting surface.  As I mentioned before, I've never had to change my blade and have been using it for 8 or 9 years.

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 1:33 PM, SUDSOL [Terri G] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n23370h69@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
tgeorge72@me.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Question+of+the+Week+Carl+Trimmers+for+8/24-30
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: tgeorge72@me.com

Can any of you who mentioned that you use the Carl Paper cutter/Trimmer tell me the model number and/or size you use. Even if it's an older model.  I need to get one that will cut multiple sheets and not go through blades like crazy! I cut a ton of paper for classes and just getting too expensive to buy so many blades and replacing all the time.  

Thank you!  

Tami Weil wrote
time.  It's one of the best investments I've ever made. I bought it several
Splitcoaststampers.  I think I was able to get it for half price.  I think
have the big one.  I've had it for 8 or 9 years and have never even had to
replace the blade.  I love it!

> donna@
> donna@
>
>
>
> prepping.
>
> donna
>
>
> *DONNA MATOI*
> Manager
> Long Beach, CA
> <a href="tel:%28310%29%20213-7433" value="+13102137433" target="_blank">(310) 213-7433
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 8/24-30
> clindmeier@
> all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week.  And if
> as well.  Send your answers by Sunday morning.
>
> Charlotte Lindmeier
> Question of the Week
>
> http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205.html
>
>
> http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23238.html
> < .
>

--
*Check out my blog Click Here <
http://butterflydesignsblog.blogspot.com/>*

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Terri G, please change the email address to: tgeorge72@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23370.html

--
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Question of the Week Carl Trimmers for 8/24-30

Rachel Fae Churchill
In reply to this post by Terri G

My large Carl cutter is a DC238 that will cut 10 sheets of SU cardstock at a time.  It’s surface is 12x18 inches.  I also have a smaller desk model, a RT-200N that is 9x12 inches and can cut 2-3 sheets of SU cardstock at a time.  I use this one for most of my general cutting.  I still use the SU Fiskars one for cutting small pieces that are less than 2 inches to begin with.

I recently had a downline member ask me for paper cutter/trimmer advice.  She wasn’t getting consistent cuts with the SU cutter and was going through a lot of blades.  She is a “business” demonstrator.  I told her that for crafters, the SU cutter was great.  She should sell them to her customers.  But, she is now a professional (business) stamper, not a crafter.  As such, she needs professional tools.  Buy a professional’s cutter, not a crafter’s cutter.

Thanks!

Rachel

Rachel Fae Churchill

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Owner/Artist -- I Stamp Studio

Lake Ozark, MO 65049

rachel@rfcdesign.com

Stampin' Up! web site: www.IStampDesigns.stampinup.net

Studio Blog: www.IStampDesign.blogspot.com

Studio Social Media: cid:icon_sm_facebook.gif@a93cd4fa49ba239b58602f0d80cb51b9 Facebook 

Studio Etsy Shop:  IStampStudio/etsy.com

From: ml-node+s1100894n23370h71@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n23370h71@.nabble]
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2015 3:33 PM
Subject: Re: SU!: Question of the Week Carl Trimmers for 8/24-30

tgeorge72@me.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Carl%20Trimmers%20for%208/24-30

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: tgeorge72@me.com

Can any of you who mentioned that you use the Carl Paper cutter/Trimmer tell me the model number and/or size you use. Even if it's an older model.  I need to get one that will cut multiple sheets and not go through blades like crazy! I cut a ton of paper for classes and just getting too expensive to buy so many blades and replacing all the time.  

Thank you!  

Tami Weil wrote

> donna@
> donna@
>
>
>
> prepping.
>
> donna
>
>
> *DONNA MATOI*
> Manager
> Long Beach, CA
> (310) 213-7433
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 8/24-30
> clindmeier@
>
> Charlotte Lindmeier
> Question of the Week
>
>
>
> < .
>

--

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Terri G, please change the email address to: tgeorge72@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23370.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h94@n5.nabble.com

Rachel Fae Churchill
Demo ID # 9975
Lake Ozark, Missouri
IStampDesign.blogspot.com
Reply | Threaded
|

donnab07
In reply to this post by Terri G

Has anyone noticed that the blades for our paper trimmer are not lasting very long?  I called DS at the beginning of the week about this because my blades are only lasting a couple of weeks at best.  I am only doing “normal” cutting, and using either our old guillotine-style cutter or my Carl cutter for my classes and workshops.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml-node+s1100894n23370h12@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n23370h12@.nabble]
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2015 1:33 PM

tgeorge72@me.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Carl%20Trimmers%20for%208/24-30

Thank you!  

Tami Weil wrote

> donna@
> donna@
>
>
>
> prepping.
>
> donna
>
>
> *DONNA MATOI*
> Manager
> Long Beach, CA
> (310) 213-7433
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 8/24-30
> clindmeier@
>
> Charlotte Lindmeier
> Question of the Week
>
>
>
> < .
>

--

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h35@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

I've noticed! I'd go back to my Fiskars for personal use if I had blades readily available.

Happy Stampin'

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

www.StampingWithMia.com

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 30, 2015, at 11:09 AM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n23377h19@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE: SU!: Question of the Week Carl Trimmers for 8/24-30
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@idahobagwells.net

Has anyone noticed that the blades for our paper trimmer are not lasting very long?  I called DS at the beginning of the week about this because my blades are only lasting a couple of weeks at best.  I am only doing “normal” cutting, and using either our old guillotine-style cutter or my Carl cutter for my classes and workshops.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml-node+s1100894n23370h12@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n23370h12@.nabble]

Thank you!  

Tami Weil wrote

> donna@
> donna@
>
>
>
> prepping.
>
> donna
>
>
> *DONNA MATOI*
> Manager
> Long Beach, CA
> (310) 213-7433
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 8/24-30
> clindmeier@
>
> Charlotte Lindmeier
> Question of the Week
>
>
>
> < .
>

--

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@idahobagwells.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23377.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Stitt

Yes!  I've been changing blades 2-3 times a week!  It is getting VERY
expensive!  But, I love. My trimmer!

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 29, 2015, at 9:19 PM, "SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n23378h64@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

miaguam01@yahoo.com?subject=Re: SU!: Question of the Week Carl Trimmers for 8/24-30
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: miaguam01@yahoo.com

I've noticed! I'd go back to my Fiskars for personal use if I had blades readily available.

Happy Stampin'

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

www.StampingWithMia.com

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 30, 2015, at 11:09 AM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n23377h19@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE: SU!: Question of the Week Carl Trimmers for 8/24-30
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@idahobagwells.net

Donna Bagwell

Thank you!  

Tami Weil wrote

> donna@
> donna@
>
>
>
> prepping.
>
> donna
>
>
> *DONNA MATOI*
> Manager
> Long Beach, CA
> (310) 213-7433
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 8/24-30
> clindmeier@
>
> Charlotte Lindmeier
> Question of the Week
>
>
>
> < .
>

--

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@idahobagwells.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23377.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: miaguam01@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23378.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h39@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Beth Schreiber

I've called and "complained" to DS about the speed with which the SU trimmer blades dull. They have sent me new ones more than once. One set I got had one blade that wouldn't cut anything straight from the package. I revert to my Fiskars or Karl rotary cutter.

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 29, 2015, at 9:44 PM, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n23379h24@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Question of the Week Carl Trimmers for 8/24-30
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com

Yes!  I've been changing blades 2-3 times a week!  It is getting VERY
expensive!  But, I love. My trimmer!

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 29, 2015, at 9:19 PM, "SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n23378h64@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

miaguam01@yahoo.com?subject=Re: SU!: Question of the Week Carl Trimmers for 8/24-30
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: miaguam01@yahoo.com

Happy Stampin'

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

www.StampingWithMia.com

Sent from my iPhone

Donna Bagwell

Thank you!  

Tami Weil wrote

> donna@
> donna@
>
>
>
> prepping.
>
> donna
>
>
> *DONNA MATOI*
> Manager
> Long Beach, CA
> (310) 213-7433
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 8/24-30
> clindmeier@
>
> Charlotte Lindmeier
> Question of the Week
>
>
>
> < .
>
--

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: miaguam01@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23378.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h39@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Stitt, please change the email address to: Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23379.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h68@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Kay Hahn Casler
In reply to this post by Barbara Stitt

I am so surprised to hear this!  My blades last about 6 months with no problem/ fuzzier.  The SU! Trimmer is so much better than the Fiskars we had.  And I do cut an tremendous amount to cardstock.  However, I do have the old style guillotine cutter too.
Just my opinion-

---- "SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n23379h17@.nabble> wrote:

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: Tnstampingranny@
If just you reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members.

Sent from my iPad

> On Aug 29, 2015, at 9:19 PM, "SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n23378h64@.nabble> wrote:
>
> Click here to reply directly to Maria Pobre privately at miaguam01@
> If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: miaguam01@
>
> I've noticed! I'd go back to my Fiskars for personal use if I had blades readily available.
>
> Happy Stampin'
>
> Maria Pobre
> Guam, USA
>
> www.StampingWithMia.com
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Aug 30, 2015, at 11:09 AM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n23377h19@.nabble> wrote:
>>
>> donna@?subject=RE: SU!: Question of the Week Carl Trimmers for 8/24-30
>> If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@
>>
>> Has anyone noticed that the blades for our paper trimmer are not lasting very long?  I called DS at the beginning of the week about this because my blades are only lasting a couple of weeks at best.  I am only doing “normal” cutting, and using either our old guillotine-style cutter or my Carl cutter for my classes and workshops.
>>
>>  
>>
>> Donna Bagwell
>>
>>  
>>
>> From: ml-node+s1100894n23370h12@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n23370h12@.nabble]
>> Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2015 1:33 PM
>> To: SUDSOL Group
>> Subject: Re: SU!: Question of the Week Carl Trimmers for 8/24-30
>>
>>  
>>
>> tgeorge72@?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Carl%20Trimmers%20for%208/24-30
>>
>> If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: tgeorge72@
>>
>> Can any of you who mentioned that you use the Carl Paper cutter/Trimmer tell me the model number and/or size you use. Even if it's an older model.  I need to get one that will cut multiple sheets and not go through blades like crazy! I cut a ton of paper for classes and just getting too expensive to buy so many blades and replacing all the time.  
>>
>> Thank you!  
>> If you don't want to post back here, feel free to email me: tgeorge72@
>>
>> Tami Weil wrote
>>
>> I use a large Carl cutter that will cut about 14-15 sheets of CS at one
>> time.  It's one of the best investments I've ever made. I bought it several
>> years ago through an online deal that was advertised on
>> Splitcoaststampers.  I think I was able to get it for half price.  I think
>> that the office supply stores sell that brand, but I'm not sure if they
>> have the big one.  I've had it for 8 or 9 years and have never even had to
>> replace the blade.  I love it!
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 1:18 PM, SUDSOL [donna matoi] via Business Talk <
>> ml-node+s1100894n23238h77@.nabble> wrote:
>>
>>
>> > Click here to reply directly to donna matoi privately at
>> > donna@
>> > <donna@?subject=RE:+SU!:+Question+of+the+Week+Reminder+for+8/24-30>
>> > If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL
>> > members, unless you change the To: email address to the author:
>> > donna@
>> > ------------------------------
>> >
>> > I have another question:
>> >
>> > Does anyone use a large type of paper cutter that cuts bulk paper at one
>> > time? If so, what brand are you using and where did you get it?
>> >
>> > I recently purchased one off of Ebay and the measurements are off 1/16".
>> > I'm going to return it, but need to buy one desperately to save time in
>> > prepping.
>> >
>> > Thanks for your assistance!
>> > donna
>> >
>> >
>> > *DONNA MATOI*
>> > Your Creative & Inspiration Coach
>> > Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator
>> > Manager
>> > Long Beach, CA
>> > (310) 213-7433
>> >
>> > need stamps? shop 24/7 www.dcmluv2stamp.stampinup.net.com
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > -------- Original Message --------
>> > Subject: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 8/24-30
>> > From: "SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk"
>> > <ml-node+s1100894n23205h87@.nabble>
>> > Date: Mon, August 24, 2015 7:10 pm
>> > To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
>> >
>> > clindmeier@?subject=Question of the Week Reminder for
>> > 8/24-30
>> > clindmeier@
>> > This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas
>> > and tips etc. Your responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of
>> > all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week.  And if
>> > there are at least five participants one person will win one FREE week of
>> > SUDSOL. And you can play Bingo with the chance of winning FREE time there
>> > as well.  Send your answers by Sunday morning.
>> >
>> > Our question this week is:
>> >  What question do you have for other demonstrators that might help you in
>> > your business? Hopefully someone will answer it for you.
>> > Charlotte Lindmeier
>> > Question of the Week
>> >
>> > If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the
>> > email address to: clindmeier@
>> > This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here:
>> > http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205.html
>> > To start a new topic under Business Talk, email
>> > ml-node+s1100894n3h25@.nabble
>> > To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
>> >
>> >
>> > If you want the reply to go ONLY to donna matoi, please change the email
>> > address to: donna@
>> > http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23238.html
>> > ml-node+s1100894n3h92@.nabble
>> > To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here
>> > < .
>> >
>>
>>
>> --
>> *Check out my blog Click Here <http://butterflydesignsblog.blogspot.com/>*
>> *Check out my Stampin Up! website - Click Here
>> <http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/tamiweil/>*
>>  
>>
>> If you want the reply to go ONLY to Terri G, please change the email address to: tgeorge72@
>> This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23370.html
>>
>> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h35@.nabble
>> To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
>>
>>
>> If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@
>> This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23377.html
>> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@.nabble
>
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: miaguam01@
> This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23378.html
> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h39@.nabble

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h61@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, visit
Reply | Threaded
|

Terri G
In reply to this post by Beth Schreiber
I love my SU trimmer too, especially since and can cut, then score, BUT… it's just gotten where I have to do something. I go through at least a couple blades a week, sometimes more.  And I've also gotten packs where the new blades don't cut but seem to tear the paper. I've also tried the rotary attachment, but then I can't score, so I think going to something else may be the best solution.  I'll just keep my SU as a "scoring" board!  :(

Beth Schreiber wrote
I've called and "complained" to DS about the speed with which the SU trimmer blades dull. They have sent me new ones more than once. One set I got had one blade that wouldn't cut anything straight from the package. I revert to my Fiskars or Karl rotary cutter.

Sent from my iPad

> On Aug 29, 2015, at 9:44 PM, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n23379h24@.nabble> wrote:
>
> Click here to reply directly to Barbara Stitt privately at Tnstampingranny@
> If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Tnstampingranny@
>
> Yes!  I've been changing blades 2-3 times a week!  It is getting VERY
> expensive!  But, I love. My trimmer!
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On Aug 29, 2015, at 9:19 PM, "SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n23378h64@.nabble> wrote:
>>
>> miaguam01@?subject=Re: SU!: Question of the Week Carl Trimmers for 8/24-30
>> If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: miaguam01@
>>
>> I've noticed! I'd go back to my Fiskars for personal use if I had blades readily available.
>>
>> Happy Stampin'
>>
>> Maria Pobre
>> Guam, USA
>>
>> www.StampingWithMia.com
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Aug 30, 2015, at 11:09 AM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n23377h19@.nabble> wrote:
>>>
>>> donna@?subject=RE: SU!: Question of the Week Carl Trimmers for 8/24-30
>>> If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@
>>>
>>> Has anyone noticed that the blades for our paper trimmer are not lasting very long?  I called DS at the beginning of the week about this because my blades are only lasting a couple of weeks at best.  I am only doing “normal” cutting, and using either our old guillotine-style cutter or my Carl cutter for my classes and workshops.
>>>
>>>  
>>>
>>> Donna Bagwell
>>>
>>>  
>>>
>>> From: ml-node+s1100894n23370h12@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n23370h12@.nabble]
>>> Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2015 1:33 PM
>>> To: SUDSOL Group
>>> Subject: Re: SU!: Question of the Week Carl Trimmers for 8/24-30
>>>
>>>  
>>>
>>> tgeorge72@?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Carl%20Trimmers%20for%208/24-30
>>>
>>> If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: tgeorge72@
>>>
>>> Can any of you who mentioned that you use the Carl Paper cutter/Trimmer tell me the model number and/or size you use. Even if it's an older model.  I need to get one that will cut multiple sheets and not go through blades like crazy! I cut a ton of paper for classes and just getting too expensive to buy so many blades and replacing all the time.  
>>>
>>> Thank you!  
>>> If you don't want to post back here, feel free to email me: tgeorge72@
>>>
>>> Tami Weil wrote
>>>
>>> I use a large Carl cutter that will cut about 14-15 sheets of CS at one
>>> time.  It's one of the best investments I've ever made. I bought it several
>>> years ago through an online deal that was advertised on
>>> Splitcoaststampers.  I think I was able to get it for half price.  I think
>>> that the office supply stores sell that brand, but I'm not sure if they
>>> have the big one.  I've had it for 8 or 9 years and have never even had to
>>> replace the blade.  I love it!
>>>
>>> On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 1:18 PM, SUDSOL [donna matoi] via Business Talk <
>>> ml-node+s1100894n23238h77@.nabble> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>> > Click here to reply directly to donna matoi privately at
>>> > donna@
>>> > <donna@?subject=RE:+SU!:+Question+of+the+Week+Reminder+for+8/24-30>
>>> > If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL
>>> > members, unless you change the To: email address to the author:
>>> > donna@
>>> > ------------------------------
>>> >
>>> > I have another question:
>>> >
>>> > Does anyone use a large type of paper cutter that cuts bulk paper at one
>>> > time? If so, what brand are you using and where did you get it?
>>> >
>>> > I recently purchased one off of Ebay and the measurements are off 1/16".
>>> > I'm going to return it, but need to buy one desperately to save time in
>>> > prepping.
>>> >
>>> > Thanks for your assistance!
>>> > donna
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > *DONNA MATOI*
>>> > Your Creative & Inspiration Coach
>>> > Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator
>>> > Manager
>>> > Long Beach, CA
>>> > (310) 213-7433
>>> >
>>> > need stamps? shop 24/7 www.dcmluv2stamp.stampinup.net.com
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > -------- Original Message --------
>>> > Subject: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 8/24-30
>>> > From: "SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk"
>>> > <ml-node+s1100894n23205h87@.nabble>
>>> > Date: Mon, August 24, 2015 7:10 pm
>>> > To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
>>> >
>>> > clindmeier@?subject=Question of the Week Reminder for
>>> > 8/24-30
>>> > If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL
>>> > members, unless you change the To: email address to the author:
>>> > clindmeier@
>>> > This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas
>>> > and tips etc. Your responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of
>>> > all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week.  And if
>>> > there are at least five participants one person will win one FREE week of
>>> > SUDSOL. And you can play Bingo with the chance of winning FREE time there
>>> > as well.  Send your answers by Sunday morning.
>>> >
>>> > Our question this week is:
>>> >  What question do you have for other demonstrators that might help you in
>>> > your business? Hopefully someone will answer it for you.
>>> > Charlotte Lindmeier
>>> > Question of the Week
>>> >
>>> > If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the
>>> > email address to: clindmeier@
>>> > This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here:
>>> > http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205.html
>>> > To start a new topic under Business Talk, email
>>> > ml-node+s1100894n3h25@.nabble
>>> > To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > If you want the reply to go ONLY to donna matoi, please change the email
>>> > address to: donna@
>>> > This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here:
>>> > http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23238.html
>>> > To start a new topic under Business Talk, email
>>> > ml-node+s1100894n3h92@.nabble
>>> > To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here
>>> > < .
>>> >
>>>
>>> --
>>> *Check out my blog Click Here <http://butterflydesignsblog.blogspot.com/>*
>>> *Check out my Stampin Up! website - Click Here
>>> <http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/tamiweil/>*
>>>  
>>>
>>> If you want the reply to go ONLY to Terri G, please change the email address to: tgeorge72@ 
>>> This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23370.html
>>>
>>> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h35@.nabble 
>>> To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
>>>
>>>
>>> If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@ 
>>> This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23377.html
>>> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@.nabble 
>>> To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
>>
>> If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: miaguam01@ 
>> This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23378.html
>> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h39@.nabble 
>
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Stitt, please change the email address to: Tnstampingranny@ 
> This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23379.html
> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h68@.nabble 
Reply | Threaded
|

Karel Standish
In reply to this post by Kay Hahn Casler

I am having the same problem, my blades are only lasting a few weeks.

From: ml-node+s1100894n23388h28@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n23388h28@.nabble]
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 8:24 AM

kayhc@stny.rr.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Carl%20Trimmers%20for%208/24-30

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kayhc@stny.rr.com

I am so surprised to hear this!  My blades last about 6 months with no problem/ fuzzier.  The SU! Trimmer is so much better than the Fiskars we had.  And I do cut an tremendous amount to cardstock.  However, I do have the old style guillotine cutter too.
Just my opinion-

---- "SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n23379h17@.nabble> wrote:

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: Tnstampingranny@

Sent from my iPad

> On Aug 29, 2015, at 9:19 PM, "SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n23378h64@.nabble> wrote:
>
> If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: miaguam01@
>
> I've noticed! I'd go back to my Fiskars for personal use if I had blades readily available.
>
> Happy Stampin'
>
> Maria Pobre
> Guam, USA
>
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Aug 30, 2015, at 11:09 AM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n23377h19@.nabble> wrote:
>>
>> If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@
>>
>> Has anyone noticed that the blades for our paper trimmer are not lasting very long?  I called DS at the beginning of the week about this because my blades are only lasting a couple of weeks at best.  I am only doing “normal” cutting, and using either our old guillotine-style cutter or my Carl cutter for my classes and workshops.
>>
>>  
>>
>> Donna Bagwell
>>
>>  
>>
>> From: ml-node+s1100894n23370h12@.nabble [ml-node+s1100894n23370h12@.nabble]
>>
>>  
>>
>> tgeorge72@?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Carl%20Trimmers%20for%208/24-30
>>
>> If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: tgeorge72@
>>
>> Can any of you who mentioned that you use the Carl Paper cutter/Trimmer tell me the model number and/or size you use. Even if it's an older model.  I need to get one that will cut multiple sheets and not go through blades like crazy! I cut a ton of paper for classes and just getting too expensive to buy so many blades and replacing all the time.  
>>
>> Thank you!  
>>
>> Tami Weil wrote
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> > donna@
>> > donna@
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > prepping.
>> >
>> > donna
>> >
>> >
>> > *DONNA MATOI*
>> > Manager
>> > Long Beach, CA
>> > (310) 213-7433
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > 8/24-30
>> > clindmeier@
>> > and tips etc. Your responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of
>> >
>> > Charlotte Lindmeier
>> >
>> > http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205.html
>> >
>> >
>> > http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23238.html
>> > < .
>> >
>>
>>
>> --
>>  
>>
>> If you want the reply to go ONLY to Terri G, please change the email address to: tgeorge72@
>> This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23370.html
>>
>> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h35@.nabble
>>
>>
>> If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@
>> This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23377.html
>> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@.nabble
>
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: miaguam01@
> This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23378.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h93@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Becky T
In reply to this post by Kay Hahn Casler

Ok, here is my take on all of the paper cutters. 
First I do have a Carl Trimmer. I don't know the model but I am very unhappy with it. I purchased it because I was told how wonderful they are and the ease for cutting large amounts for workshops and classes. I spent $300 on this darn thing and I seldom (if ever) use it. Because of the large hand guard I am unable to cut anything less than 3 1/2" without extreme difficulty. I also have 2 Fiskar Trimmers, the SU Trimmer, and the old SU tabletop cutter. With all of these trimmers I find that I never get a really good squared and even cut. I line everything up but when cutting the last part of the paper or card stock will always have a slight angle that doesn't square correctly. With the Fiskars you always have the option of turning your blade around to cut with the other side so you are using your blade to the maximum efficiency (this meaning that most people tend to push the blade only in one direction each time they cut because that is their comfort zone ... I prefer pushing the blade to the top). With the SU trimmer you do not have that option and I need to remind myself to alternate directions. So, needless to say I usually use the table top cutter and only use the trimmer when I hold workshops (meaning for cutting). I do use the trimmer all of the time for the scoring blade ... love it!
I have learned a few tricks in general maintenance of the trimmer to keep the blades sharper a little longer.
1. Take the time to remove the blade and remove paper fibers that tend to collect on the blade
2. Remove the cutting mat and use a brush (I have a fingernail brush that I keep handy) to clean out the groove in the mat. The paper fibers build up in that channel and they also cause the blades to dull.
3. Remember to rotate your cutting mat when any nicks or gouges are detected. This has happened when cutting through coaster board and glimmer paper
4. I have kept a few older blades that have dulled and those are used on window sheets, magnetic sheets, and sometimes on glimmer paper.

Hope these little suggestions help.

Becky Tuttle
Stampin' Up Independent Demonstrator
559-999-4951

http://www.BeckysJustBusyStamping.com

View my online store 24 hours a day
http://justbusystampin.stampinup.net/

Becky Tuttle
Fresno, CA
BeckysJustBusyStamping.com
Reply | Threaded
|

donnab07

It seems that I am not the only one that is unhappy with how often we have to change the blade on our paper trimmer.  I ask that you contact DS about this.  A lot of complaints is the only way we might get some action on SU!’s part to make improvements.

That said, I have tried everything Becky has suggested, but the problem persists.  I’d much rather spend my money on other SU! products than buying a lot of new blades!

Donna Bagwell

From: ml-node+s1100894n23395h87@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n23395h87@.nabble]
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 8:00 AM

justbusystampin@comcast.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Carl%20Trimmers%20for%208/24-30

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: justbusystampin@comcast.net

Ok, here is my take on all of the paper cutters. 

First I do have a Carl Trimmer. I don't know the model but I am very unhappy with it. I purchased it because I was told how wonderful they are and the ease for cutting large amounts for workshops and classes. I spent $300 on this darn thing and I seldom (if ever) use it. Because of the large hand guard I am unable to cut anything less than 3 1/2" without extreme difficulty. I also have 2 Fiskar Trimmers, the SU Trimmer, and the old SU tabletop cutter. With all of these trimmers I find that I never get a really good squared and even cut. I line everything up but when cutting the last part of the paper or card stock will always have a slight angle that doesn't square correctly. With the Fiskars you always have the option of turning your blade around to cut with the other side so you are using your blade to the maximum efficiency (this meaning that most people tend to push the blade only in one direction each time they cut because that is their comfort zone ... I prefer pushing the blade to the top). With the SU trimmer you do not have that option and I need to remind myself to alternate directions. So, needless to say I usually use the table top cutter and only use the trimmer when I hold workshops (meaning for cutting). I do use the trimmer all of the time for the scoring blade ... love it!

I have learned a few tricks in general maintenance of the trimmer to keep the blades sharper a little longer.

1. Take the time to remove the blade and remove paper fibers that tend to collect on the blade

2. Remove the cutting mat and use a brush (I have a fingernail brush that I keep handy) to clean out the groove in the mat. The paper fibers build up in that channel and they also cause the blades to dull.

3. Remember to rotate your cutting mat when any nicks or gouges are detected. This has happened when cutting through coaster board and glimmer paper

4. I have kept a few older blades that have dulled and those are used on window sheets, magnetic sheets, and sometimes on glimmer paper.

Hope these little suggestions help.

Becky Tuttle
Stampin' Up Independent Demonstrator
559-999-4951

http://www.BeckysJustBusyStamping.com

View my online store 24 hours a day
http://justbusystampin.stampinup.net/

Becky Tuttle
Fresno, CA
BeckysJustBusyStamping.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Becky T, please change the email address to: justbusystampin@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23395.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Pat Zweber
In reply to this post by Karel Standish

Maybe it' time we suggest that SU! gets back the wonderful paper cutter that was discontinued 2-3 years ago.  Mine has lasted for years, and  I cut lots of cardstock.
Pat

On Aug 30, 2015, at 7:33 AM, SUDSOL [Karel Standish] via Business Talk wrote:

kstandish48@gmail.com?subject=RE: SU!: Question of the Week Carl Trimmers for 8/24-30
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kstandish48@gmail.com

I am having the same problem, my blades are only lasting a few weeks.

From: ml-node+s1100894n23388h28@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n23388h28@.nabble]
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 8:24 AM

kayhc@stny.rr.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Carl%20Trimmers%20for%208/24-30

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kayhc@stny.rr.com

Just my opinion-

Sent from my iPad

>
>
>
> Happy Stampin'
>
> Maria Pobre
> Guam, USA
>
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>>
>>
>>
>>  
>>
>> Donna Bagwell
>>
>>  
>>
>> From: ml-node+s1100894n23370h12@.nabble [ml-node+s1100894n23370h12@.nabble]
>>
>>  
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Thank you!  
>>
>> Tami Weil wrote
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> > donna@
>> > donna@
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > prepping.
>> >
>> > donna
>> >
>> >
>> > *DONNA MATOI*
>> > Manager
>> > Long Beach, CA
>> > (310) 213-7433
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > 8/24-30
>> > clindmeier@
>> >
>> > Charlotte Lindmeier
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > < .
>> >
>>
>>
>> --
>>  
>>
>>
>>
>>
>

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h93@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Karel Standish, please change the email address to: kstandish48@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23394.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h86@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Coleen Astalos
In reply to this post by donnab07
donnab07 wrote
Has anyone noticed that the blades for our paper trimmer are not lasting
very long?  I called DS at the beginning of the week about this because my
blades are only lasting a couple of weeks at best.  I am only doing "normal"
cutting, and using either our old guillotine-style cutter or my Carl cutter
for my classes and workshops.
Donna Bagwell
I don't think I've seen this mentioned here, but have you looked at the TRACK that you cut on?  Maybe that is the problem.  First of all, it should be on the grooved side (not the flat side) and the groove shouldn't be full of junk or damaged.  If it is, then flip it to the other side (or order a replacement).  I find that can make a world of difference in the cutting.

Coleen
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

donnab07

Thanks for the tip, Coleen, but I’m using the grooved side, and have cleaned out the groove in the track.  I’ve replaced the track already; that didn’t help the situation.

Donna

From: ml-node+s1100894n23405h97@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n23405h97@.nabble]
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 2:01 PM

coleen@sudsol.com?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Carl%20Trimmers%20for%208/24-30

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: coleen@sudsol.com

donnab07 wrote

Has anyone noticed that the blades for our paper trimmer are not lasting
very long?  I called DS at the beginning of the week about this because my
blades are only lasting a couple of weeks at best.  I am only doing "normal"
cutting, and using either our old guillotine-style cutter or my Carl cutter
for my classes and workshops.
Donna Bagwell

I don't think I've seen this mentioned here, but have you looked at the TRACK that you cut on?  Maybe that is the problem.  First of all, it should be on the grooved side (not the flat side) and the groove shouldn't be full of junk or damaged.  If it is, then flip it to the other side (or order a replacement).  I find that can make a world of difference in the cutting.

Coleen

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Coleen Astalos, please change the email address to: coleen@sudsol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-8-24-30-tp23205p23405.html