classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
49 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Question of the Week

Libby Dyson

Our Question this week is:
Do you hire people to help you prepare for your events? Do you pay them in cash, supplies, classes etc?

Libby Dyson
SUDSOL Coordinator

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Question of the Week

Jeanne Moss

I do have someone who helps me cut cardstock for my stamp club.  She doesn’t have extra money to buy stamping supplies, so that’s how I pay her.  I also bought her a t-shirt..... WILL WORK FOR STAMPS.  She loved it!

Jeanne Moss

On Feb 2, 2020, at 10:05 PM, SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51550h91@.nabble> wrote:

libby.dyson5@gmail.com?subject=Question of the Week
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: libby.dyson5@

Do you hire people to help you prepare for your events? Do you pay them in cash, supplies, classes etc?

Libby Dyson
SUDSOL Coordinator

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Libby Dyson, please change the email address to: libby.dyson5@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-tp51550.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h34@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Question of the Week Summary

Libby Dyson
In reply to this post by Libby Dyson

Our question of the week last week was:  What are you working on in your Power Hours this month? 
Unfortunately, we didn't reach the 5 responses required to give away FREE SUDSOL time. Participate to win 

·       I’m getting my tax information ready for my accountants earlier than I did last year that’s what my power hour was spent today.

·       I am using my Power Hour to collect tax documents and information to prepare our tax return earlier rather than later.

·       I have been working on the Valentine Treat Cups for my grandkids to take to school on Valentine’s Day.  I have 4 grandkids and they have 30 kids in each class making 120 treat cups.  I bought the treat cups during the Holiday cattie and I am decorating them using the Heartfelt stamp set and the From the Heart paper and gems.  The paper hearts are also lovely and fit perfectly on the top of each cup cover.  I love this suite.

·       I am working on class advertisements. 
Advertising my business and classes.

Libby Dyson

SUDSOL Coordinator

Want to own your own business, contact me.J

Order online 24/7

Independent Stampin’ Up!® Demonstrator

Blog

Libby Stampz on Facebook

Pinterest

Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard

My friend Lori is my Stampin buddy. She comes over before rack Kickoff and works all the M&T’s.
I “pay” her in giving her a stamp set from that catalog along with each of the prize patrol goodies.
I do the same for the gal that lets me use her place of business free of charge.
Nola Burkhard 
Prescott, AZ

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 2, 2020, at 8:05 PM, SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51550h26@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: libby.dyson5@gmail.com

Libby Dyson
SUDSOL Coordinator

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Libby Dyson, please change the email address to: libby.dyson5@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-tp51550.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Sandy Jones

The only time I had help preparing for a party/workshop was when I fractured my shoulder. It was so painful and I was in an immobilizer so one of my best customers offered to cut cardstock, make the sample and she did just about everything. She was wonderful. To thank her, I gave her the (new at the time) floral EF which she really wanted and was so happy to get.

Sandy Jones

On Sunday, February 2, 2020, 07:47:53 PM PST, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51555h48@.nabble> wrote:

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Re: SU!: Question of the Week
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@

My friend Lori is my Stampin buddy. She comes over before rack Kickoff and works all the M&T’s.
I “pay” her in giving her a stamp set from that catalog along with each of the prize patrol goodies.
I do the same for the gal that lets me use her place of business free of charge.
Nola Burkhard 
Prescott, AZ

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 2, 2020, at 8:05 PM, SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n51550h26@.nabble > wrote:

libby.dyson5@?subject=Question of the Week
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: libby.dyson5@

Libby Dyson
SUDSOL Coordinator

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Libby Dyson, please change the email address to: libby.dyson5@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h69@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-tp51550p51555.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h36@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

lkiers

I have a friend who helps me with my classes at the Seniors home and she always volunteers to help me prepare for my large card events such as the 2x5 classes. I give her free shipping on all her orders and she really appreciates that.
Lena Kiers in Canada

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 2, 2020, at 10:05 PM, SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51550h68@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: libby.dyson5@gmail.com

Libby Dyson
SUDSOL Coordinator

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h11@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Kathleen Brandt

My husband. Lol
He's retired and this has become a job for him. Checks my measurements and 'over sees' my design. Example- gee Kate, that might be too hard. Blessed to have him

On Mon, Feb 3, 2020, 8:57 AM SUDSOL [lkiers] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51559h7@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
lenakiers@gmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Question+of+the+Week
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lenakiers@gmail.com

I have a friend who helps me with my classes at the Seniors home and she always volunteers to help me prepare for my large card events such as the 2x5 classes. I give her free shipping on all her orders and she really appreciates that.
Lena Kiers in Canada

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 2, 2020, at 10:05 PM, SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51550h68@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

libby.dyson5@...?subject=Question of the Week

Libby Dyson
SUDSOL Coordinator

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h11@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to lkiers, please change the email address to: lenakiers@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-tp51550p51559.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h71@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Beth Schreiber

I have a young lady who helps me with make and takes at events. She gets ‘paid’ by learning something new every time and in retired product. It’s a great way to get her involved in the stamping activity and to reduce some of my excess product.

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 2, 2020, at 10:05 PM, SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51550h25@.nabble> wrote:

Libby Dyson
SUDSOL Coordinator

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h68@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Antinonem

I have people to help in my Senior classes. I give the them a free class or retired product.
Micki Antinone

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51550h52@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <mickiant@>
Sent: Sun, Feb 2, 2020 7:05 pm
Subject: SU!: Question of the Week

Libby Dyson
SUDSOL Coordinator

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h95@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

grantj

I tell my daughter, who gets roped into helping, that she's getting paid in room & board and most anything she wants!! I also, sometimes give her some cash as she currently doesn't have a job--not many places are willing to take a service dog.

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

On February 2, 2020 at 9:05 PM "SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n51550h49@.nabble> wrote:

Libby Dyson
SUDSOL Coordinator

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

davism

When I had open heart surgery, several of my club members helped me cut paper and get ready for our club.  I gave them each a stamp set as payment for there helping me. Mary

On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 3:24 PM SUDSOL [grantj] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51566h26@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re:+SU!:+Question+of+the+Week
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

I tell my daughter, who gets roped into helping, that she's getting paid in room & board and most anything she wants!! I also, sometimes give her some cash as she currently doesn't have a job--not many places are willing to take a service dog.

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

On February 2, 2020 at 9:05 PM "SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n51550h49@.nabble> wrote:

libby.dyson5@...?subject=Question of the Week

Libby Dyson
SUDSOL Coordinator

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-tp51550p51566.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h73@n7.nabble.com
Mary Davis, senior supervisor
Stampin' in the Finger Lakes
2011 featured sewer at Convention
mdavis74@rochester.rr.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Question of the Week

Lois Folla

Before I moved I had a few wonderful friends who enjoyed spending time in my office as I got ready for class. They would help out… I treated them to lunch, dinner, gave them supplies…. If I could afford it I would have paid them. But I always made sure they felt appreciated and we had a great time!

From: ml+s1100894n51550h66@.nabble <ml+s1100894n51550h66@.nabble>
Sent: Sunday, February 2, 2020 10:06 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <lois@>
Subject: SU!: Question of the Week

libby.dyson5@gmail.com?subject=Question%20of%20the%20Week

Libby Dyson
SUDSOL Coordinator

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h9@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Fwd: SU!: Question of the Week

Libby Dyson

Just a reminder for:

Libby Dyson
SUDSOL Coordinator

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h70@n7.nabble.com

Libby Dyson

SUDSOL Coordinator

Order online 24/7

Blog

Libby Stampz on Facebook

Pinterest

Reply | Threaded
|

Judie Snoots

We car pool to stamp club each month.  I have 2 awesome ladies that ride with me every month.  They are the best unload, set up, pack, and reload assistants!  I always personally thank them and pay them in products, some retired and some new.  I am so blessed.

Phone: 740.202.3316
E-Mail: stampinjudie@gmail.com
Web: http://simplyjudie.stampinup.net

On Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 10:05 PM SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51550h76@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
libby.dyson5@gmail.com?subject=Question+of+the+Week

Libby Dyson
SUDSOL Coordinator

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h19@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Reporting SU Income on your Federal Tax Return

Jeanne Moss

Have you begun working on your 2019 taxes yet?  I’m just getting started.  Once again, I’ve waited until the end of the year to really keep track of anything, so now I’m printing reports and trying to get things in order.  Sheesh!  Will I EVER learn?

If you’re a new demonstrator or need a refresher on reporting your SU income on Federal Tax forms, SUDSOL has an article that may be of some help.  As always, be sure to check with your tax advisor for current rules/regulations.

Reply | Threaded
|

shelly peck
In reply to this post by Judie Snoots

I have 2 ladies that help cut for me. One is a customer and one a downline they get their monthly card class free. I also have another lady that helps every few months to put my samples into a card packet, so I can sell them. She get her monthly card class free also. All of them are on a very limited budget. This lets them keep creating things they love and it helps me out. I have also  received new customers because of them.

Shelly Peck
Independent Stampin'Up! Demonstrator
(909) 520-7244
email: juststampit4fun@gmail.com

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 8:57 AM SUDSOL [Judie Snoots] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51589h4@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
stampinjudie@gmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Question+of+the+Week
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampinjudie@gmail.com

We car pool to stamp club each month. I have 2 awesome ladies that ride with me every month. They are the best unload, set up, pack, and reload assistants! I always personally thank them and pay them in products, some retired and some new. I am so blessed.

Phone: 740.202.3316
E-Mail: stampinjudie@gmail.com
Web: http://simplyjudie.stampinup.net

On Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 10:05 PM SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk <ml%252Bs1100894n51550h76@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
libby.dyson5@...?subject=Question+of+the+Week

Libby Dyson
SUDSOL Coordinator

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h19@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Judie Snoots, please change the email address to: stampinjudie@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-tp51550p51589.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h38@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Question of the Week Summary

Libby Dyson

Wow, we had 13 responses this week so I could give away FREE SUDSOL time to -  Kathleen Brandt  
Here's the summary

·       I have 2 ladies that help cut for me. One is a customer and one a downline they get their monthly card class free. I also have another lady that helps every few months to put my samples into a card packet, so I can sell them. She get her monthly card class free also. All of them are on a very limited budget. This lets them keep creating things they love and it helps me out. I have also received new customers because of them.

·       We car pool to stamp club each month. I have 2 awesome ladies that ride with me every month. They are the best unload, set up, pack, and reload assistants! I always personally thank them and pay them in products, some retired and some new. I am so blessed.

·       Before I moved I had a few wonderful friends who enjoyed spending time in my office as I got ready for class. They would help out… I treated them to lunch, dinner, gave them supplies…. If I could afford it I would have paid them. But I always made sure they felt appreciated and we had a great time!

·       When I had open heart surgery, several of my club members helped me cut paper and get ready for our club. I gave them each a stamp set as payment for there helping me.

·       I tell my daughter, who gets roped into helping, that she's getting paid in room & board and most anything she wants!! I also, sometimes give her some cash as she currently doesn't have a job--not many places are willing to take a service dog.

·       I have people to help in my Senior classes. I give the them a free class or retired product.

·       I do not hire anyone for my event preparation, but I do hire a good customer to help with 

·       my Newsletter. I do all of the writing, then I get all of my artwork to her.  She then "organizes"

·       it into Newsletter "form", sends it to me, then I send it out to my customers.  She attends one

·       of my classes each month for free.  I have 1 other customers who does a lot of my paper work

·       and I play her in SU! product These 2 ladies have given me the opportunity to have more 

·       "CREATIVITY TIME" to prepare for my classes, clubs and workshops. 

·       I have a young lady who helps me with make and takes at events. She gets ‘paid’ by learning something new every time and in retired product. It’s a great way to get her involved in the stamping activity and to reduce some of my excess product.

·       My husband. Lol

He's retired and this has become a job for him. Checks my measurements and 'over sees' my design. Example- gee Kate, that might be too hard. Blessed to have him

·       I have a friend who helps me with my classes at the Seniors home and she always volunteers to help me prepare for my large card events such as the 2x5 classes. I give her free shipping on all her orders and she really appreciates that.

·       The only time I had help preparing for a party/workshop was when I fractured my shoulder. It was so painful and I was in an immobilizer so one of my best customers offered to cut cardstock, make the sample and she did just about everything. She was wonderful. To thank her, I gave her the (new at the time) floral EF which she really wanted and was so happy to get.

·       My friend Lori is my Stampin buddy. She comes over before rack Kickoff and works all the M&T’s.

·       I “pay” her in giving her a stamp set from that catalog along with each of the prize patrol goodies.

·       I do the same for the gal that lets me use her place of business free of charge.

·       I do have someone who helps me cut cardstock for my stamp club.  She doesn’t have extra money to buy stamping supplies, so that’s how I pay her.  I also bought her a t-shirt..... WILL WORK FOR STAMPS.  She loved it!

Libby Dyson

Reply | Threaded
|

Question Of The Week

Libby Dyson

QOTW.png
Do you sell the cards you make?  How do you decide on the price to ask?  How many do you sell and where do you sell?  

You could WIN FREE SUDSOL time by answering :)

Libby Dyson

SUDSOL Co-ordinator

Order online 24/7

Blog

Libby Stampz on Facebook

Pinterest

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Question Of The Week

shelly peck

I do sell the cards I make and ones that I have swapped with. I love swapping full cards because they are so easy to sell when the stamp set or dsp retires. I sell my cards for $2 each or 6 for $10 . I know that isn't much, but it gets me some $$. I sell mainly at craft fairs. I also have a few people at work that buy from me. I'm going to try to get more during Parent teacher conferences.  I will send out an email stating that they can come look and purchase if interested, I will have in my room since I don't meet with parents.I  use as incentive for bring in a new person to class. The person that invited and the newbie each get 5 cards.

Shelly Peck
Independent Stampin'Up! Demonstrator
(909) 520-7244
email: juststampit4fun@gmail.com

On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 7:09 PM SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51616h41@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
libby.dyson5@gmail.com?subject=Question+Of+The+Week

QOTW.png
Do you sell the cards you make? How do you decide on the price to ask? How many do you sell and where do you sell?

Libby Dyson

SUDSOL Co-ordinator

Order online 24/7

Blog

Libby Stampz on Facebook

Pinterest

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-tp51550p51616.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h38@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Question Of The Week

Beth Schreiber
Libby Dyson wrote
[image: QOTW.png]
Do you sell the cards you make?  How do you decide on the price to ask?
How many do you sell and where do you sell?
I do sell my cards at a small handcrafted coop store. I determine price by figuring materials and time. Sales vary greatly. I find more sell around holidays.

Libby Dyson

SUDSOL Co-ordinator

*Order online 24/7*
<http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4004802>

<http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/libby-stampz/>

Blog <http://libbystampz.com/>

Libby Stampz on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/LibbyStampzIndependentStampinUpDemonstrator>

Pinterest <http://pinterest.com/libbydyson/>

QOTW.png (58K) <http://forum.sudsol.org/attachment/51616/0/QOTW.png>