Question of the Week Summary for 4/2-8

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Question of the Week Summary for 4/2-8

Charlotte Lindmeier
We had enough participants this week to give a free week of SUDSOL. Our winner this week is Deborah Smart.

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips, etc. You're responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week.

Our Question this week was:
Do you get a lot of sales from people trying to buy items before they retire? Do you buy a lot of items before they retire?
No and no.
I do NOT get lots of sales from retiring items; the opposite, in fact.  Everyone holds onto their money, waiting to see what is coming out in the new catalogue!
I have a mixed group.  Some will buy the items before they retire and some will wait until the new catalog comes out.  Since I cannot use retired items in my business I do not buy retiring items.
I have a few sales of retiring items....most people hold onto their cash for the new catalog. Personally I don’t buy much that is retiring. I have plenty of stuff I’ve not used up to tide me over.
I already have customers who have purchased retiring In Color items.  I’ve been reminding them that these items sell out quickly, so I am glad they have been listening.
I hardly get any sales from retiring product but I am going to try something a little different this year to boost New Catalogue sales - offer a retired product for a sale of $x and see if I can shift some of my excess retired inventory
I don’t buy after I know they are retiring.  My customer do buy items and it help my April sales.  I start in March reminding them the Retire list comes out right after OnStage.  Some are really surprised that it doesn’t last until May 31st. 
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Question of the Week Summary for 4/2-8

Deborah Smart

Thank you, Charlotte! 
I enjoy these weekly questions; they can be very thought-provoking, and cause me to pause &take stock. 
Thanks again,
Deborah 

On Apr 7, 2018, at 10:09 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n41635h58@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Question of the Week Summary for 4/2-8
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

We had enough participants this week to give a free week of SUDSOL. Our winner this week is Deborah Smart.

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips, etc. You're responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week.

Our Question this week was:
Do you get a lot of sales from people trying to buy items before they retire? Do you buy a lot of items before they retire?
No and no.
I do NOT get lots of sales from retiring items; the opposite, in fact. Everyone holds onto their money, waiting to see what is coming out in the new catalogue!
I have a mixed group. Some will buy the items before they retire and some will wait until the new catalog comes out. Since I cannot use retired items in my business I do not buy retiring items.
I have a few sales of retiring items....most people hold onto their cash for the new catalog. Personally I don’t buy much that is retiring. I have plenty of stuff I’ve not used up to tide me over.
I already have customers who have purchased retiring In Color items. I’ve been reminding them that these items sell out quickly, so I am glad they have been listening.
I hardly get any sales from retiring product but I am going to try something a little different this year to boost New Catalogue sales - offer a retired product for a sale of $x and see if I can shift some of my excess retired inventory
I don’t buy after I know they are retiring. My customer do buy items and it help my April sales. I start in March reminding them the Retire list comes out right after OnStage. Some are really surprised that it doesn’t last until May 31st.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Summary-for-4-2-8-tp41635.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h66@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Deborah Smart
Stampin' Discuss Summary Coordinator