Question of the Week Summary for 3/27-4/2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Question of the Week Summary for 3/27-4/2

Charlotte Lindmeier
Sorry I'm late at posting this. We had a lot of participants this week so our winner this week is Denise Foor. Congratulations and thank you all for participating.

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips, etc. You're responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week.

Our Question this week was:
What is your favorite type of card to make?  Why?
I love making all sorts of different cards but mostly I make the traditional A4 cards

I'll attempt any pretty card I see or unique technique I love, but my favorite card is one that highlights a stamp set and is multi-layer with some bling (in our standard 4.25x5.5" size).

I used to love to make all kinds - including those that required a lot of engineering, etc. - but in recent years I pretty much stick to flat standard cards, primarily due to mailing purposes. I still do the occasional card with layers, movement, lots of embellishments, etc. but they are reserved for the very special people in my life.

Maria, you made me think of a comment one of my customers made in class this month.  We made the tool belt from the Occasions Catalog, and she said she would be keeping it.  She said you have to be "card worthy" to get one of her hand made cards, and she didn't know anyone "card worthy" enough to get that one.  LOL

My customers have made similar comments, even when I don't consider the card very elaborate. 

I usually stick to the traditional A4 card.  I mail most of my cards, so I try to keep bulky embellishments to a minimum.  I like to teach fancy fold cards, but once again, try to keep the “bulk” to the ¼” thickness so the card doesn’t require extra postage.  I go crazy with embellishments when the card will be included with a gift that is boxed up for mailing.

I usually make standard cards these days, too. But I've been mixing them up a little by using only a half of the card front, or folding the front back onto itself accordion-style.

I love easel cards. They are so fun and such a wow!  They are easy to make too!!!!  She had a template attached so go back to find it.
I mostly make the standard A2 cards like most others but……I love throwing our Note Cards into every class that I do.  The smaller size is quick and easy and most often oh-so-cute.
My favorite type of card is Thinking of You, because the inside can be left blank and later stamped with any kind of wish.

My favorite cards to make are for children, but I love technique cards, too.
I continue to love making A2 cards with at least 2 layers and one of some kind of embellishment. Birthday, thank you and thinking of you are my favorite themes.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Question of the Week Summary for 3/27-4/2

Denise Foor

Thank you so much, Charlotte

Denise

Denise Foor
Stampin’ Up! Manager, Creative Coach

24 hour store:  denisefoor.stampinup.net
Blog:          
denisefoor.blogspot.com

You Tube:   youtube.com/c/DeniseFoorStudioPA
Etsy Store:  
etsy.com/shop/denisefoor

Facebook:  facebook.com/denise.foorStudioPA

Pinterest:    pinterest.com/denise_foor/

Instagram:  instagram.com/denisefoorstudiopa

From: ml-node+s1100894n35277h8@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n35277h8@.nabble]
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2017 11:46 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <dfoorstudiopa@>
Subject: SU!: Question of the Week Summary for 3/27-4/2

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Summary%20for%203/27-4/2

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Sorry I'm late at posting this. We had a lot of participants this week so our winner this week is Denise Foor. Congratulations and thank you all for participating.

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips, etc. You're responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week.

Our Question this week was:
What is your favorite type of card to make? Why?
I love making all sorts of different cards but mostly I make the traditional A4 cards

I'll attempt any pretty card I see or unique technique I love, but my favorite card is one that highlights a stamp set and is multi-layer with some bling (in our standard 4.25x5.5" size).

I used to love to make all kinds - including those that required a lot of engineering, etc. - but in recent years I pretty much stick to flat standard cards, primarily due to mailing purposes. I still do the occasional card with layers, movement, lots of embellishments, etc. but they are reserved for the very special people in my life.

Maria, you made me think of a comment one of my customers made in class this month. We made the tool belt from the Occasions Catalog, and she said she would be keeping it. She said you have to be "card worthy" to get one of her hand made cards, and she didn't know anyone "card worthy" enough to get that one. LOL

My customers have made similar comments, even when I don't consider the card very elaborate. 

I usually stick to the traditional A4 card. I mail most of my cards, so I try to keep bulky embellishments to a minimum. I like to teach fancy fold cards, but once again, try to keep the “bulk” to the ¼” thickness so the card doesn’t require extra postage. I go crazy with embellishments when the card will be included with a gift that is boxed up for mailing.

I usually make standard cards these days, too. But I've been mixing them up a little by using only a half of the card front, or folding the front back onto itself accordion-style.

I love easel cards. They are so fun and such a wow! They are easy to make too!!!!  She had a template attached so go back to find it.
I mostly make the standard A2 cards like most others but……I love throwing our Note Cards into every class that I do. The smaller size is quick and easy and most often oh-so-cute.
My favorite type of card is Thinking of You, because the inside can be left blank and later stamped with any kind of wish.

My favorite cards to make are for children, but I love technique cards, too.
I continue to love making A2 cards with at least 2 layers and one of some kind of embellishment. Birthday, thank you and thinking of you are my favorite themes.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Summary-for-3-27-4-2-tp35277.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h14@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Denise Foor Stampin’ Up! Manager & SU Independent Demo/Instructor Stampin' Up! Paper Crafting Classes, Clubs, Crops Shop SU online 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/denisefoor My blog: http://www.denisefoor.blogspot.com/ My email: dfoor@embarqmail.com Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!