Question of the Week Summary for 2/26-3/4

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Question of the Week Summary for 2/26-3/4

Charlotte Lindmeier
We had enough participants this week to give a free week of SUDSOL. Our winner this week is Kathleen Brand.

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips, etc. You're responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week.

Our Question this week was:
How often do you blog? Is that enough?
I blog every day. I have a video 3 times per week, do challenges on the weekend and squeeze blog hops in too. I haven't found I get any business from it though even though every video and blog post has a clear call to action
Blogging – it’s a blessing . . . and a curse!  It’s a great way to get information out to everyone . . . at least those who actually go and read it.  But trying to keep up with it is sometimes challenging.  I try to update mine at least twice a week – more often when I have time or there are special announcements or new cards I want to share.  It seems to work for me and my customers and followers.  (I have only a handful of followers, but I have a fair number of viewers.) In December I posted every day – my 25-day countdown to Christmas series.  That was definitely challenging!
I blog very inconsistently. It isn’t anywhere near enough. I see that when I do blog, I have much more interaction. Guess I need to put that on my to do list.
I am rather sporadic on posting to my blog. My goal is to post 3 times a week but I am lucky if i actually post once a week. No, it is not enough. It was easier to post often when we sold My Digital Stamps because I didn’t have to take the time to upload my projects. To my knowledge neither my newsletter nor my blog have resulted in sales.
I post to my blog 4-5 times/week, often more.  My posts are sample ideas and promos primarily and about once a year a little bit about me.  I’ve been blogging for around 10 years now and it’s a daily habit.  Gotta do it!  Or at least think about what the next one will be.  When I get dejected (“no one’s commenting”, “is any one even reading or looking at this stuff?”  I suddenly start seem to getting comments so I guess the amount of times I post is definitely enough.
I posted some where that my blog is being redone by Amy at websbyAmy.com.
Tried John, just frustrating for ME. 
Excited that she is doing it and help maintain it too.
I am in the process of rebuilding my blog, from Typepad to Wordpress.  When I am actively blogging I post 2-3 times a week. 
I post to my blog daily.  If I don't post I get e-mail from my readers asking if I am alright.  They may not comment but obviously they are reading!  I do a 10 Minute Creation video every Sunday, a One Color wonder video every Wednesday, and a Fast & Fabulous video every Friday. 
I blog 5 days a week; Monday through Friday. I tried doing it 7 days a week, but found it too difficult to keep up, and ended up being less consistent. I feel that the 5 days is enough, and gives me weekends to work on more projects and classes, and my newsletter.
I do it because I like to share my projects. I get comments when I do blog hops. I do get comments on my videos. I am hopeful one day someone will support my business from my blog. I'm on Pinterest, Facebook etc too. I think I'm just in a slump at the moment :)
My question is to all of you who have said you post to your blog EVERY DAY!!!!  Do you seriously not take a day off from your Stampin’ Up! business once in a while?

Although I sometimes blog early in the morning on Sundays, I discourage people from contacting me or dropping by my craft room on Sundays.  I figure I’m available every other day, and they need to respect that this is a business like any other and I need to take a break at least one day a week.
Remember that you can schedule BLOG posts in advance.  So just because you BLOG every day does not mean you work everyday.  You can work 1 day and schedule all the blog posts for the week and schedule them to go out one each day...   Don't work harder, work smarter!
I sometimes schedule mine up to a month ahead of time. If I know I have something to blog about coming up I prepare well in advance. If I have a family event I schedule in advance. I keep a spread sheet of posts and what and when I have them done.
I blog consistently Monday through Friday and sometimes I'll even get a Saturday post done. Yes, it's very hard to keep it up, but I have been blogging since before I became a demo so it's all a part of my daily routine.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week