Question of the Week Summary for 10/2-8

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Question of the Week Summary for 10/2-8

Charlotte Lindmeier
Many of us have stamp a stacks and you shared what you do.  Thanks. We had enough participants this week to give a free week of SUDSOL. Our winner this week is Debby Kainu.

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips, etc. You're responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week.

Our Question this week was:

Do you have Stamp a Stacks for more than Christmas cards? If you do, are they as popular?  How frequently do you have them?
I did a Birthday Card SAS last year which was very well attended.  I held it in February during Sale-a-Bration and used some SAB stamps which helped drive some orders.  One card was for kids, two were masculine, one was feminine (since we do a lot of feminine bday cards during the regular classes) and one card could be used for anyone.  I will be offering the event again in 2018.
WOW!  This question fits right in with the video on the Stampin' Up! website about holding a Christmas Card stamp a stack.  I have actually never done a stamp a stack, but have done classes where customers can stamp 2 each of 5 different cards.  These seem to be popular with my customers.
I hold stack classes every month except July and December.  Each month the cards are a variety of themes,  but in August there is one holiday card, September there is two and October and November all 5 are holiday.  This is at the request of my customers as they love to get as many of their  cards made at class.  Attendance varies between 12-28 per month.  Class is offered Wednesday and Thursday. Their choice to which day works best for them.
Last year I did a SAS for “Kids from 9 to 90”.   I did cute little character Stampin’ Up! Stamp sets and it went over really well. 
I also have done SAS for male cards and SAS with all stamps from the Occasion Catalog which was well attended. 
I have done Christmas SAS’s in the past, but this year held a Christmas in September class where the ladies made 8 different cards.  In the early part of 2018 I will hold my annual birthday card SAS, which is usually well-attended.
I do at least 1 birthday cards only SAS early in the year (Jan/Feb) that is well attended – everyone says they need to ‘replenish their supply’. Then I do a SAS for sympathy, get well & thinking of you, which is also well received. For Christmas SAS I offer 2 days – same cards each day.
I have a 2x5 several times a year - Spring, Fall & Christmas as well as an Open house for the new catalogue (no charge).  At my 2x5 customers get to make 10 cards - 2 each of 5 different designs and I charge $25.00.  I usually have 20-24 people sign up for these classes.

I typically do a stamp-a-stack quarterly (January, April, July or August) for all occasion cards (16 cards, 4 each of 4 designs). I do Christmas card stamp-a-stacks in September, October and November. I have about the same number attend (3-6) each one.
I do offer stamp-a-stack for birthdays as well as for holidays but cannot predict which will be more successful than others - sometimes when some of my stampers find out who is already signed up, they are more likely to sign up too. I try and have a tangible sample for them when I'm advertising my class, and sometimes this helps and other times it doesn't. When I was just the stamper and not the demo, I could hardly wait for the next 'stack' opportunity.
I do a stamp a stack each quarter.  Some times during the holidays I will do two for Christmas Cards.  I have anyplace from eight to twelve attending. It is a popular event and the customers look forward to it.
I usually do two a year, with one being Christmas themed.
I don’t do a ‘stamp-a-stack’ per se but I do do a monthly Card Buffet - 8 simpler cards, $24.  Well attended.  I hold morning and afternoon sessions, 2.5 hours each.  Last Tuesday of every month.  I’ve been doing it for just over a year and it’s been very well received.
Yes indeed I have stamp a stack and stamp camps.  I usually hold these to demonstrate the products in a new catalogue.  I definitely hold a xmas stack with 15 cards for $55.00. My cards all have at least three layers with ribbon or an embellishment.  The Occasion catalogue stack is 10 cards for $40.00. I serve coffee or tea with some sweets.  I do a birthday stack 10 cards all birthday for $40.00.  I find the best time for these events is on the weekend 1 - 4pm.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week