Question of the Week Reminder for 7/18-24

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Question of the Week Reminder for 7/18-24

Charlotte Lindmeier
This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips etc. Your responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week.  And if there are at least five participants one person will win one FREE week of SUDSOL. And you can play Bingo with the chance of winning FREE time there as well.  Send your answers by Sunday morning.

Our question this week is:
Where do you sell your retired SU items that you want to get rid of?
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 7/18-24

Antinonem

I have a big le customers and community. I usually sell 80% and keep the rest for give aways.
Micki

aNTINONE

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n30557h69@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <mickiant@>
Sent: Wed, Jul 20, 2016 7:45 pm
Subject: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 7/18-24

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Question of the Week Reminder for 7/18-24
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips etc. Your responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week. And if there are at least five participants one person will win one FREE week of SUDSOL. And you can play Bingo with the chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-7-18-24-tp30557.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h95@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Joan Norman
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier

Yard sales of several demonstrators, to customers and with a $35 order, give them to customers.

Joan Norman
Stampnjoan@gmail.com

On Jul 20, 2016, at 10:45 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n30557h87@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips etc. Your responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week. And if there are at least five participants one person will win one FREE week of SUDSOL. And you can play Bingo with the chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-7-18-24-tp30557.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h13@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Libby Dyson

I've sold mine at home via a 'sale' store set up as part of my studio. My customers are invited to buy. My 2nd option is to sell on EBay 

On 21 July 2016 at 12:45, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n30557h44@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Question+of+the+Week+Reminder+for+7/18-24

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h70@n5.nabble.com

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

Events I do downtown, Facebook sale pages, EBay... and I sometimes use them as additional rewards for my customers when they place large orders or bring a friend to an event.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)
Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

On Jul 21, 2016, at 12:45 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n30557h99@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Robin Messenheimer

There are two places: my local scrapbook shop has a customer sale twice a year, and I take much of my retired product there. Items that I think will get a better price than I could charge there get put on eBay.

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 20, 2016, at 16:45, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n30557h36@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h62@n5.nabble.com
Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Deborah Smart

I've sold some online, via my blog and a Facebook selling group, but it's a real pain because postage is so expensive here. 
This was the first year I sold at a local scrapbook store's garage sale, and it went really well! (Sold over $300 in product, and I didn't make them super cheap either!).  I also offer them to my customers, before putting them up for sale. (Usually they ask for specific sets throughout the year). 
~Deborah Smart 

On Jul 20, 2016, at 7:45 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n30557h40@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h66@n5.nabble.com
Deborah Smart
Stampin' Discuss Summary Coordinator
Reply | Threaded
|

Beth Schreiber

I sell to customers at an annual sale I do at my home as well as at a local stamp store's annual garage sale and at two scrapbooking crops I attend. I've also sold some things when people post in BST/ISO on SUDSOL and a few other groups.
Beth Schreiber

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 20, 2016, at 10:45 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n30557h42@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h68@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Debbie Dutchess

I have an annual garage sale shortly after the release of the new catalog. The past couple of years, I have made over $1000. My first BIG order from the new catalog was completely paid for from garage sale money. I also keep a table of retired things out in my classroom, and the ladies who attend my classes & events shop almost every time they're here.

Debbie Dutchess
Sr. Supervisor
Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator
www.debbied.stampinup.net
www.debbiedsstampstudio.com
DeeLeeD@

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n30557h6@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <DeeLeeD@>
Sent: Wed, Jul 20, 2016 10:45 pm
Subject: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 7/18-24

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h32@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 7/18-24

Annette Stewart

I will offer them to my customers first.  What they don't buy I sell on ebay and online selling groups.

I have a couple of people I have met this way that will email me periodically asking if I have anything to sell...One of them even signed up under me as a  SU Demo this year.  Love that.

Great question.  I have been buying from Stampin' Up! since 1998 (I didn't become a demo until 2005) and I have accumulated so many supplies and stamp sets.  I had to find new homes for a lot of retired stuff this year to make room for new current items.   Can't wait to read all the responses from everyone. 

Annette
Ink, Paper, Scissors...ROCK!
Creating together with The Rock Stars

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 10:45 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h80@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Question of the Week Reminder for 7/18-24

Laurie Servis
Charlotte Lindmeier wrote
This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips etc. Your responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week.  And if there are at least five participants one person will win one FREE week of SUDSOL. And you can play Bingo with the chance of winning FREE time there as well.  Send your answers by Sunday morning.

One of the ladies in my stamp club has been having a stamp/scrapbook supply garage sale annually for about 10 years and in the past I have taken some to sell there. This year I did a BOGO at my catalog launch party and it was extremely successful. Will do that again when the Holiday Catalog launches.
Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard
I've had my Etsy shop now for 4-5 years. I've got some wonderful long time customers that seek me out for retired products. I used to sell on Ebay but once I got into the Esty community my sales went way up.
I've even got 2 that now order SU! from me - super sweet!
Happy Sales, Nola

Reply | Threaded
|

Kay Hahn Casler
In reply to this post by Annette Stewart

Every year when the catalog ends, I have a big sale and usually get $800-1000 in sales.  Most prices are just 20% off the first year and if I still have them the next year, I lower the price.  What is left over may go to BST when someone is looking for something and then charity.  I’ve given BIG boxes to a local organization called Mom’s House and the Boys & Girls Club, a Senior Living crafts room, etc.  Generally it pays for all my new product.
Happy Stampin’,
Kay Hahn Casler
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Vestal, New York
    Sharing what I love 
    and loving what I do!
Rubber stamp art supplies, demonstrations, clubs and stamp camps
607-729-1794 or e-mail               kayhc@stny.rr.com
Visit https://mypaperpumpkin.com?demoid=11162 to join Paper Pumpkin! 

On Jul 21, 2016, at 8:31 AM, SUDSOL [Annette Stewart] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n30575h93@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

stwannet@optonline.net?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%207/18-24
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stwannet@optonline.net

I will offer them to my customers first.  What they don't buy I sell on ebay and online selling groups.

I have a couple of people I have met this way that will email me periodically asking if I have anything to sell...One of them even signed up under me as a  SU Demo this year.  Love that.

Great question.  I have been buying from Stampin' Up! since 1998 (I didn't become a demo until 2005) and I have accumulated so many supplies and stamp sets.  I had to find new homes for a lot of retired stuff this year to make room for new current items.   Can't wait to read all the responses from everyone.  

Annette
Ink, Paper, Scissors...ROCK!
Creating together with The Rock Stars

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 10:45 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Charlotte Lindmeier 
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-7-18-24-tp30557.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h80@.nabble 
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Annette Stewart, please change the email address to: stwannet@optonline.net 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-7-18-24-tp30557p30575.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h61@n5.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

LeannaK

I have been selling mine on a Canadian FB page. Sometimes its hard with the shipping, especially with our DSP or dies as they are heavy/bigger than average. More so when shipping from BC to Newfoundland, it gets very pricey :( 

Leanna Kerr
Silver~Stampin' Up!
Prince George, BC Canada
My website: www.luv2papercrafting.stampinup.net
Join Paper Pumpkin: https://mypaperpumpkin.com/en-ca?demoid=2057093
My blog: www.stampingwithleanna.com
Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Luv2papercrafting-with-Stampin-Up-Leanna-Kerr/320746559082?ref=hl

Lets get together and create with paper!

Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 7:45 PM
From: "SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n30557h75@.nabble>
To: "SUDSOL Group" <kerr_leanna@>
Subject: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 7/18-24
<a href="clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Question of the Week Reminder for 7/18-24" target="_parent">Click here to reply directly to Charlotte Lindmeier privately at clindmeier@...
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@...
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h1@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

lindseyj

Yearly yard sales

On Monday, July 25, 2016, SUDSOL [LeannaK] via Business Talk <ml-node%2Bs1100894n30656h64@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;kerr_leanna@mail.com?subject%5Cx3dRe:%2BSU!:%2BQuestion%2Bof%2Bthe%2BWeek%2BReminder%2Bfor%2B7/18-24&#39;);" target="_blank">Click here to reply directly to LeannaK privately at kerr_leanna@...
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;kerr_leanna@mail.com&#39;);" target="_blank">kerr_leanna@...

I have been selling mine on a Canadian FB page. Sometimes its hard with the shipping, especially with our DSP or dies as they are heavy/bigger than average. More so when shipping from BC to Newfoundland, it gets very pricey :( 

Leanna Kerr
Silver~Stampin' Up!
Prince George, BC Canada
My website: www.luv2papercrafting.stampinup.net
Join Paper Pumpkin: https://mypaperpumpkin.com/en-ca?demoid=2057093
My blog: www.stampingwithleanna.com
Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Luv2papercrafting-with-Stampin-Up-Leanna-Kerr/320746559082?ref=hl

Lets get together and create with paper!

Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 7:45 PM
From: "SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n30557h75@.nabble>
To: "SUDSOL Group" <kerr_leanna@>
Subject: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 7/18-24
<a href="clindmeier@...?subject=Question of the Week Reminder for 7/18-24" target="_parent">Click here to reply directly to Charlotte Lindmeier privately at clindmeier@...

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@...
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h1@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to LeannaK, please change the email address to: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;kerr_leanna@mail.com&#39;);" target="_blank">kerr_leanna@...
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-7-18-24-tp30557p30656.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h21@n5.nabble.com&#39;);" target="_blank">ml-node+s1100894n3h21@...

--
Jan Lindsey, independent Stampin' Up! representative

Reply | Threaded
|

Sue Lepako
I sell my retired products at scrapbooking crops where I am a vendor. It's hard to find items to sell since we don't have many cash and carry products to sell except adhesive. By selling my retired product I have lots of items for scrappers to look at - paper, buttons, brads, ribbon, stamp sets. I sell everything that is retired and keep very little retired product in my stash.