Question of the Week Reminder for 4/23-29

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Question of the Week Reminder for 4/23-29

Charlotte Lindmeier
This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips etc. Your responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week.  And if there are at least five participants one person will win one FREE week of SUDSOL. And you can play Bingo with the chance of winning FREE time there as well.  Send your answers by Sunday morning.

Our question this week is:
How many cards do you send in a typical month?  Do you make all of them?
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 4/23-29

Libby Dyson

I send about 20 per month and most are RAKs. They're all cards I make myself and I write on a post-it note so they card can be re-used

On 26 April 2018 at 12:58, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n41943h10@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Question+of+the+Week+Reminder+for+4/23-29
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips etc. Your responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week. And if there are at least five participants one person will win one FREE week of SUDSOL. And you can play Bingo with the chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.

How many cards do you send in a typical month?  Do you make all of them?
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-23-29-tp41943.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h70@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier

I make about a dozen cards in a given month and usually mail all of them. The only cards I mail are handmade ones.
Stamp, Create, play...Everyday!
Nola

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 25, 2018, at 7:58 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n41943h9@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Question of the Week Reminder for 4/23-29
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips etc. Your responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week. And if there are at least five participants one person will win one FREE week of SUDSOL. And you can play Bingo with the chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-23-29-tp41943.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Jane Bone
In reply to this post by Libby Dyson

I send probably 10 -15 Birthday/Anniversary to the people I know in our community in Fl. I send 21 to my relatives & a special group of older people that live alone for every holiday then there is my family birthdays which is 3-5 each month. I make them all. In my stash I have birthday, sympathy, a few get well & a whole box that are blank on the inside. Right now I am trying to use up some of my retiring c/s on making cards for my stash.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 4/23-29

Cathy Hansen

OMG!  I’m so ashamed to say that I make literally thousands of cards a year . . . but I’m the WORST at sending them out!  I’ve actually been guilty of posting a Merry Christmas message on my Facebook page in lieu of sending cards!

Does this make me a bad person?!  HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Cathy Hansen

From: ml+s1100894n41943h36@.nabble <ml+s1100894n41943h36@.nabble>
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 8:58 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <cihansen04@>
Subject: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 4/23-29

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%204/23-29

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h96@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Stitt
In reply to this post by Nola Burkhard

I send about 30 cards each month.  In addition, I make cards for our
Church Card Ministry - about 24 a month.  One of my customers
Makes about 24 each month as well.  So they are a variety of cards;
All hand stamped!

At Christmas I mKe and send about 200.

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 25, 2018, at 11:25 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n41945h41@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Re: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 4/23-29
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com

I make about a dozen cards in a given month and usually mail all of them. The only cards I mail are handmade ones.
Stamp, Create, play...Everyday!
Nola

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 25, 2018, at 7:58 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n41943h9@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-23-29-tp41943p41945.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h39@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Cathy Hansen

I’m part of that “club” as well, except I do get handmade Christmas cards sent out. I need to get back to sending out birthday cards.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

On Apr 26, 2018, at 1:38 PM, SUDSOL [Cathy Hansen] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n41947h89@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

cihansen04@hotmail.com?subject=RE: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 4/23-29
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cihansen04@hotmail.com

OMG!  I’m so ashamed to say that I make literally thousands of cards a year . . . but I’m the WORST at sending them out!  I’ve actually been guilty of posting a Merry Christmas message on my Facebook page in lieu of sending cards!

Cathy Hansen

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%204/23-29

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cathy Hansen, please change the email address to: cihansen04@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-23-29-tp41943p41947.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Libby Dyson

So Cathy, may I ask what you do with all your cards you make?

On 26 April 2018 at 13:38, SUDSOL [Cathy Hansen] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n41947h34@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
cihansen04@hotmail.com?subject=RE:+SU!:+Question+of+the+Week+Reminder+for+4/23-29
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cihansen04@hotmail.com

Cathy Hansen

clindmeier@...?subject=Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%204/23-29

How many cards do you send in a typical month?  Do you make all of them?

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h96@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cathy Hansen, please change the email address to: cihansen04@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-23-29-tp41943p41947.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h70@n7.nabble.com

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Cathy Hansen

Of course you may ask!

I participate in a lot of card swaps with other demos (usually 20+ cards for each).  I am also a participating demo in two — and sometimes three — stamp camps each month where I need to have several pre-made cards for samples and other participating demos and stampers who either order a set of pre-made cards or run out of time before they can finish making their 10 cards (20+ cards for each camp).  I recently started teaching two classes each month at a local crafters thrift shop plus two classes in my own craft room and need to have samples for display and advertising purposes, as well as samples for the stampers to refer to while they’re making their cards.  After the classes and stamp camps, I make up all the extra kits that I don’t use or sell there.

Most of the cards I make go into craft sales; some are sold at stamp camps and classes; plus I sometimes get orders from my customers and class attendees for packs of cards.  I also package up some cards for giveaways at camps and sales and some are contributed to charitable organizations.

Cathy Hansen

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 25, 2018, at 11:30 PM, SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n41950h53@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

libby.dyson5@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 4/23-29
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: libby.dyson5@gmail.com

On 26 April 2018 at 13:38, SUDSOL [Cathy Hansen] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n41947h34@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
cihansen04@hotmail.com?subject=RE:+SU!:+Question+of+the+Week+Reminder+for+4/23-29

OMG! I’m so ashamed to say that I make literally thousands of cards a year . . . but I’m the WORST at sending them out! I’ve actually been guilty of posting a Merry Christmas message on my Facebook page in lieu of sending cards!

Does this make me a bad person?! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Cathy Hansen

How many cards do you send in a typical month? Do you make all of them?

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h96@n7.nabble.com

--

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Libby Dyson, please change the email address to: libby.dyson5@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-23-29-tp41943p41950.html
Reply | Threaded
|

QOTW

Nancy Sutton

I usually make at least 20 cards a month.  I hold a couple of workshops which have 2 - 3 card individual samples each and the others I make are sample designs to encouraging my customers to purchase the different paper and tools I use.  I usually send out a minimum of 12 cards to customers each month.  I also send my cards to family for birthdays and aother occasions.

Nancy Sutton
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Kingston, On
www.facebook.com/2stamp4you
www.rainbowsandbutterflies.stampinup.net

A good day always includes stamping!!

If you no longer want to receive messages from me, simply reply to this email with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line.

Nancy Sutton
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Kingston, Ontario
www.rainbowsandbutterflies.stampinup.net
www.facebook.com/2stamp4you
A good day always includes stamping!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Kathleen Brandt

I am working on making sure I send Birthday, anniversary and thank you's for orders. Receivers are loving my cards, plus the effort I am putting into it. I am also challenging myself to use different stamp sets I have.  Like most of us, I have too many
Katie Brandt

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 7:03 AM, SUDSOL [Cathy Hansen] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n41951h59@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
cihansen04@hotmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Question+of+the+Week+Reminder+for+4/23-29

Of course you may ask!

I participate in a lot of card swaps with other demos (usually 20+ cards for each).  I am also a participating demo in two — and sometimes three — stamp camps each month where I need to have several pre-made cards for samples and other participating demos and stampers who either order a set of pre-made cards or run out of time before they can finish making their 10 cards (20+ cards for each camp).  I recently started teaching two classes each month at a local crafters thrift shop plus two classes in my own craft room and need to have samples for display and advertising purposes, as well as samples for the stampers to refer to while they’re making their cards.  After the classes and stamp camps, I make up all the extra kits that I don’t use or sell there.

Most of the cards I make go into craft sales; some are sold at stamp camps and classes; plus I sometimes get orders from my customers and class attendees for packs of cards.  I also package up some cards for giveaways at camps and sales and some are contributed to charitable organizations.

Cathy Hansen

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 25, 2018, at 11:30 PM, SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n41950h53@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

libby.dyson5@...?subject=Re: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 4/23-29
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: libby.dyson5@gmail.com

OMG! I’m so ashamed to say that I make literally thousands of cards a year . . . but I’m the WORST at sending them out! I’ve actually been guilty of posting a Merry Christmas message on my Facebook page in lieu of sending cards!

Cathy Hansen

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

--

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Libby Dyson, please change the email address to: libby.dyson5@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-23-29-tp41943p41950.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-23-29-tp41943p41951.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h71@n7.nabble.com

--
stampingwithkate@gmail.com
stampingwithkate@gmail.comwww.catskillstamper.com
stampingwithkate@gmail.comwww.katiebrandt.stampinup.net
(845) 331-3259 (h)
(845) 532-7382 (c)
Reply | Threaded
|

Libby Dyson

Thanks so much for explaining. You're very busy

On 26 April 2018 at 21:03, SUDSOL [Cathy Hansen] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n41951h58@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
cihansen04@hotmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Question+of+the+Week+Reminder+for+4/23-29

Of course you may ask!

I participate in a lot of card swaps with other demos (usually 20+ cards for each).  I am also a participating demo in two — and sometimes three — stamp camps each month where I need to have several pre-made cards for samples and other participating demos and stampers who either order a set of pre-made cards or run out of time before they can finish making their 10 cards (20+ cards for each camp).  I recently started teaching two classes each month at a local crafters thrift shop plus two classes in my own craft room and need to have samples for display and advertising purposes, as well as samples for the stampers to refer to while they’re making their cards.  After the classes and stamp camps, I make up all the extra kits that I don’t use or sell there.

Most of the cards I make go into craft sales; some are sold at stamp camps and classes; plus I sometimes get orders from my customers and class attendees for packs of cards.  I also package up some cards for giveaways at camps and sales and some are contributed to charitable organizations.

Cathy Hansen

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 25, 2018, at 11:30 PM, SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n41950h53@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

libby.dyson5@...?subject=Re: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 4/23-29

Cathy Hansen

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

--

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-23-29-tp41943p41951.html

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Debbie Kramer

I send somewhere between 10 to 12 cards each week so I easily send out 40 - 50 cards a month, and yes, I make them all.  It’s easy to send out this much as I send out birthday cards, anniversary cards, sympathy cards.  I’ve “collected” birthdays for a long time so so I have a ton there.  Also I send out thank you cards to any customer that places an orders.  Also if I overhear something in one of my classes (someone going in for surgery, someone having a rough time with something, someone celebrating something) I’ll also drop them a note.  After all, isn’t this the reason we all make all of these creations?

Debbie Kramer 

On Apr 25, 2018, at 10:58 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n41943h61@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h21@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Cathy Parlitsis

I send LOADS of them.  I would say I make about 30 for my personal use and send between 20 and 25 of them.
For the past couple of years, I only participate in full card swaps where the name is on a post it attached to the card so I can remove it and use the card.
No more card fronts for me!
photo    Cathy Parlitsis
Paper Crafter, Mixed Media Artist, Blogger, Designer, Instructor, Speaker, Best Selling Author
<a href="tel:914-248-4019" style="color: rgb(136, 136, 136); text-decoration: none;">914-248-4019 // <a href="tel:M-914-224-8087" style="color: rgb(136, 136, 136); text-decoration: none;">M-914-224-8087 // http://www.StampsAndScrapbooks.com // Cathy@... // Online Classes at www.StampAcademy.com 

From: <ml+s1100894n41943h91@n7.nabble.com> on behalf of "SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n41943h91@n7.nabble.com>
Date: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 at 10:58 PM
To: Cathy Parlitsis <Cathy@StampsandScrapbooks.com>

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h51@n7.nabble.com
Best,
Cathy Parlitsis

BLOG:  www.StampsandScrapbooks.com
Email:  Cathy@StampsandScrapbooks.com
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/stampsandscrapbooks
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/StampsandScrapbooks
Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/Cathyvp
Online Classes:  http://www.StampAcademy.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Jennie Dietrich

I still appreciate the card fronts.

I have a stamp group at church that makes the birthday and anniversary cards for the church each month, plus cards for all the kids attending camp over the summer.  I think we make about 50+ cards a month as a small group.  I use the card fronts as ideas for the ladies and then when we are short I put a back (whisper white) on it, put the church "hand made" stamp on the back and turn them in for use by the church secretary.  Ensures that the inside is white or light enough for anyone to write on without a special gel pen.

Jennie Dietrich
Stampin'Up! Independent Demonstrator
http://www.pfunstampin.stampinup.net
pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net
Mom

From: SUDSOL [Cathy Parlitsis] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n41969h71@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <pfun_stampin@>
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2018 11:16 AM
Subject: Re: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 4/23-29

Cathy@StampsandScrapbooks.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%204/23-29
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Cathy@

I send LOADS of them.  I would say I make about 30 for my personal use and send between 20 and 25 of them.
For the past couple of years, I only participate in full card swaps where the name is on a post it attached to the card so I can remove it and use the card.
No more card fronts for me!
photo    Cathy Parlitsis
Paper Crafter, Mixed Media Artist, Blogger, Designer, Instructor, Speaker, Best Selling Author
<a href="tel:914-248-4019" style="color: rgb(136, 136, 136); text-decoration: none;">914-248-4019 // <a href="tel:M-914-224-8087" style="color: rgb(136, 136, 136); text-decoration: none;">M-914-224-8087 // http://www.StampsAndScrapbooks.com // Cathy@... // Online Classes at www.StampAcademy.com 

From: < ml+s1100894n41943h91@.nabble > on behalf of "SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk" < ml+s1100894n41943h91@.nabble >
Date: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 at 10:58 PM
To: Cathy Parlitsis < Cathy@ >

clindmeier@?subject=Question of the Week Reminder for 4/23-29
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h51@.nabble
Best,
Cathy Parlitsis

BLOG:  www.StampsandScrapbooks.com
Email:  Cathy@
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/stampsandscrapbooks
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/StampsandScrapbooks
Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/Cathyvp
Online Classes:  http://www.StampAcademy.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cathy Parlitsis, please change the email address to: Cathy@StampsandScrapbooks.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-23-29-tp41943p41969.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@.nabble

Jennie Dietrich
Stampin'Up! Independent Demonstrator
http://www.pfunstampin.stampinup.net
pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net
Mom