Question of the Week Reminder for 4/13-19

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Question of the Week Reminder for 4/13-19

Charlotte Lindmeier
This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips, etc.  If we have at least five participants I can give one lucky person a FREE WEEK of SUDSOL!!!!!  Share with your fellow demonstrators.  That is what makes this such a great site for demonstrators.

Our new question is :

What has worked best for you to sell our retiring products?  Many of us need help with this.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Question of the Week Reminder for 4/13-19

Libby Dyson

I have an in-home workshop with a free make and take using a couple of the products and I also have some samples around the place to help encourage spending. I’m afraid it’s not been too successful

Libby Dyson

Want to own your own business, contact me.J

Order online 24/7

Independent Stampin’ Up!® Demonstrator

Blog

Libby Stampz on Facebook

Pinterest

From: ml-node+s1100894n19421h28@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n19421h28@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, 15 April 2015 2:12 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 4/13-19

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%204/13-19

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips, etc.  If we have at least five participants I can give one lucky person a FREE WEEK of SUDSOL!!!!!  Share with your fellow demonstrators.  That is what makes this such a great site for demonstrators.

Our new question is :
What has worked best for you to sell our retiring products?  Many of us need help with this.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-13-19-tp19421.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h70@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 4/13-19

Debbie Dutchess
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier

I keep an ongoing Garage Sale set up in my crop room. My front room is very large, and we hardly ever used it, so I set up permanent tables for my Classes and Creative Escapes. I have 2 tables full of product for sale. Mostly SU retired products, but also some from when I managed the scrapbook store. I price everything to sell, meaning I probably sell things for less than I should, but it isn't doing me any good just sitting here! My customers shop the tables continuously, during my Classes and Creative Escapes.

After June 2, I will have a full-blown Garage Sale. I send invites to my customers so they can come shop a day early to get the good stuff! I advertise on Craigslist, stating that I have retired SU products, and post pictures of my tables full of product. I have had people contact me asking me when I was going to have my sale again! In the past, I have made anywhere between $200-$500 during my Garage Sale. I use that money to purchase the product I need for my classes and events throughout the year.

Debbie Dutchess
Carmel, In

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n19421h90@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <DeeLeeD@>
Sent: Wed, Apr 15, 2015 12:11 am

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Question of the Week Reminder for 4/13-19
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Our new question is :

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-13-19-tp19421.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h32@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

I hold a class featuring retiring products. Problem is... now that stamps are available only while supplies last they are often already sold out. Last year class attendees had them sell out between the time they started and finished their order... during my class. They proceeded... again during the class... to EBay to find them. Lost sales. 😔

Happy Stampin'~

On Apr 15, 2015, at 12:11 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n19421h83@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Our new question is :

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 4/13-19

Phyllis Strickland

I hope someone has something that works!

I used to get a LOT of sales when the retired list came out.  Nothing has worked the last few years.   Retirement sales have basically dried up ever since the Color Refresh when SU ran out of colors very soon after the announcement and  long before the catalog even ended.  My cardstock/ink pad sales have tanked since then.  People just don’t want to deal with this garbage.

Last year when SU added stamps to the “While supplies last” category I got ZERO sales.  I even offered free shipping PLUS 10% off and  that was on top of the SU discounts.

People just don’t have time to deal with this hurry up and order before it’s gone approach.  They like to know that if they decide to order something that they will be able to get it.  They are not happy if they take the time to put an order together and then I have to tell them x, y and z are gone. 

It also is difficult as a demo, because I used to get a decent size workshop out of retired list sales to make a little $$ for new catalog preorder, but it’s like playing whack-a-mole.  You have to give people time to get their orders together after the list is posted, but then things go out of stock.  So all in all, that last year that I a decent amount of sales, it almost wasn’t worth the hassle.

I know it isn’t only me.  I meet with a group of demos every month and they have had the same experience, so they don’t even promote the retired lists.

I have written to SU that they need to rethink this “while supplies last” approach, at least for stamps.  I understand why they do it, but they really toot their horn about the fact that they make their own stamps!!  So people don’t get why they can’t make what they need, it just looks like money grubbing.

And I agree with what Maria said, I think that is part of why I didn’t get sales.  If it was gone, they didn’t order something else, they got it elsewhere.

So my answer to this question, I haven’t found anything that works.  I just push the new catalog instead.

Phyllis Strickland

miaguam01@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%204/13-19

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: miaguam01@yahoo.com

I hold a class featuring retiring products. Problem is... now that stamps are available only while supplies last they are often already sold out. Last year class attendees had them sell out between the time they started and finished their order... during my class. They proceeded... again during the class... to EBay to find them. Lost sales. 😔

On Apr 15, 2015, at 12:11 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n19421h83@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Our new question is :

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

Reply | Threaded
|

donnab07

I think we need to remember that SU! is a business that needs to make a profit, and that the way we as demonstrators communicate things to our customers is so important.   Although SU! prides itself on  making their own stamps, why would they want to make additional sets of something that is being retired?  The company then could be “stuck” with product that is no longer in the catalog & available for purchase.   If we groan and complain to our customers about how quickly items disappear, then our customers will be left with negative thinking towards the company we all love.

One thing I have suggested to my customers this year is to buy now the reinkers for the In Colors that are being retired.  I remember how quickly the retiring In Colors sold out last year, so this  time around I wanted my customers (and me) to be ahead of the game and be able to buy those colors they love.

As for how I promote the retiring list, I have a contest.  I ask my customers to go through the AC and choose the 20 stamp sets they think will be on the Retired List.  This gets my customers looking closely at the catalog  - they just may find some sets they want to buy before they are gone or show up at a ridiculous price on eBay.  The person who submits the most correct answers wins a $25 gift certificate, to be applied to a future purchase, wither from the correct AC or the upcoming new one.  The person who comes in second gets a $10 certificate.  I have found this to be fun (and profitable way) to promote the Retired List.

Donna

From: ml-node+s1100894n19439h51@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n19439h51@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 6:55 AM
Subject: Re: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 4/13-19

pstrickland@me.com?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%204/13-19

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

I used to get a LOT of sales when the retired list came out. Nothing has worked the last few years. Retirement sales have basically dried up ever since the Color Refresh when SU ran out of colors very soon after the announcement and long before the catalog even ended. My cardstock/ink pad sales have tanked since then. People just don’t want to deal with this garbage.

Last year when SU added stamps to the “While supplies last” category I got ZERO sales. I even offered free shipping PLUS 10% off and that was on top of the SU discounts.

People just don’t have time to deal with this hurry up and order before it’s gone approach. They like to know that if they decide to order something that they will be able to get it. They are not happy if they take the time to put an order together and then I have to tell them x, y and z are gone.

It also is difficult as a demo, because I used to get a decent size workshop out of retired list sales to make a little $$ for new catalog preorder, but it’s like playing whack-a-mole. You have to give people time to get their orders together after the list is posted, but then things go out of stock. So all in all, that last year that I a decent amount of sales, it almost wasn’t worth the hassle.

I know it isn’t only me. I meet with a group of demos every month and they have had the same experience, so they don’t even promote the retired lists.

I have written to SU that they need to rethink this “while supplies last” approach, at least for stamps. I understand why they do it, but they really toot their horn about the fact that they make their own stamps!! So people don’t get why they can’t make what they need, it just looks like money grubbing.

And I agree with what Maria said, I think that is part of why I didn’t get sales. If it was gone, they didn’t order something else, they got it elsewhere.

So my answer to this question, I haven’t found anything that works. I just push the new catalog instead.

Phyllis Strickland

miaguam01@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%204/13-19

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: miaguam01@yahoo.com

Our new question is :

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-13-19-tp19421p19439.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h35@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Where do I find the billing for our DBWS

CarolMatthews

It used to be on our Activity Statement, but now I can't find it... It's for my tax form of course.

Thanks!

Carol

Carol Matthews

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

902-893-3885

carolmatthews@.sympatico

Shop: www.attherookery.stampinup.net

Blog: www.creatingwithcarol.com

East Coast Stampin' Blog: www.eastcoaststampin.blogspot.ca

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Where do I find the billing for our DBWS

Jeanne Moss

It's at the bottom of the Detailed Personal Sales Activity Page.   I don't think it's posted until the end of the month, so you probably won't see it yet on this month, but look at last month.

Jeanne Moss
526 Langley Trace
Elizabethtown, KY  42701
jeanne.moss@live.com

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 15, 2015, at 11:08 AM, SUDSOL [CarolMatthews] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n19446h67@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

carolmatthews@ns.sympatico.ca?subject=Where do I find the billing for our DBWS
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: carolmatthews@ns.sympatico.ca

It used to be on our Activity Statement, but now I can't find it... It's for my tax form of course.

Thanks!

Carol

Carol Matthews

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

902-893-3885

carolmatthews@.sympatico

Shop: www.attherookery.stampinup.net

Blog: www.creatingwithcarol.com

East Coast Stampin' Blog: www.eastcoaststampin.blogspot.ca

If you want the reply to go ONLY to CarolMatthews, please change the email address to: carolmatthews@ns.sympatico.ca
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-13-19-tp19421p19446.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h34@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by donnab07

Yes... us grumbling about the way things are done is not good for business... and, as you pointed out, if they remember how things went last year then they will order now.

I like your contest idea. I may use it myself!

Happy Stampin'~

On Apr 15, 2015, at 11:03 PM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n19445h27@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 4/13-19
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@idahobagwells.net

I think we need to remember that SU! is a business that needs to make a profit, and that the way we as demonstrators communicate things to our customers is so important. Although SU! prides itself on making their own stamps, why would they want to make additional sets of something that is being retired? The company then could be “stuck” with product that is no longer in the catalog & available for purchase. If we groan and complain to our customers about how quickly items disappear, then our customers will be left with negative thinking towards the company we all love.

One thing I have suggested to my customers this year is to buy now the reinkers for the In Colors that are being retired. I remember how quickly the retiring In Colors sold out last year, so this time around I wanted my customers (and me) to be ahead of the game and be able to buy those colors they love.

As for how I promote the retiring list, I have a contest. I ask my customers to go through the AC and choose the 20 stamp sets they think will be on the Retired List. This gets my customers looking closely at the catalog - they just may find some sets they want to buy before they are gone or show up at a ridiculous price on eBay. The person who submits the most correct answers wins a $25 gift certificate, to be applied to a future purchase, wither from the correct AC or the upcoming new one. The person who comes in second gets a $10 certificate. I have found this to be fun (and profitable way) to promote the Retired List.

Donna

From: ml-node+s1100894n19439h51@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n19439h51@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 6:55 AM

pstrickland@me.com?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%204/13-19

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

I used to get a LOT of sales when the retired list came out. Nothing has worked the last few years. Retirement sales have basically dried up ever since the Color Refresh when SU ran out of colors very soon after the announcement and long before the catalog even ended. My cardstock/ink pad sales have tanked since then. People just don’t want to deal with this garbage.

Last year when SU added stamps to the “While supplies last” category I got ZERO sales. I even offered free shipping PLUS 10% off and that was on top of the SU discounts.

People just don’t have time to deal with this hurry up and order before it’s gone approach. They like to know that if they decide to order something that they will be able to get it. They are not happy if they take the time to put an order together and then I have to tell them x, y and z are gone.

It also is difficult as a demo, because I used to get a decent size workshop out of retired list sales to make a little $$ for new catalog preorder, but it’s like playing whack-a-mole. You have to give people time to get their orders together after the list is posted, but then things go out of stock. So all in all, that last year that I a decent amount of sales, it almost wasn’t worth the hassle.

I know it isn’t only me. I meet with a group of demos every month and they have had the same experience, so they don’t even promote the retired lists.

I have written to SU that they need to rethink this “while supplies last” approach, at least for stamps. I understand why they do it, but they really toot their horn about the fact that they make their own stamps!! So people don’t get why they can’t make what they need, it just looks like money grubbing.

And I agree with what Maria said, I think that is part of why I didn’t get sales. If it was gone, they didn’t order something else, they got it elsewhere.

So my answer to this question, I haven’t found anything that works. I just push the new catalog instead.

Phyllis Strickland

Our new question is :

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-13-19-tp19421p19439.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h35@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@idahobagwells.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-13-19-tp19421p19445.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Cindy Hills
In reply to this post by Phyllis Strickland

I agree.  My retired sales are little or nothing.  It really irks most of my customers about the incolors disappearing in April when the catalogs end in June!

Also they are really upset over the backorder list, the hurry and order list and the can't order list. They are so sick of list, list, list , list.    They don't care anymore about Chinese New Year or that the dockers can't get the product out of a container.  They just want their stuff.  They are also up in air over blendabilities.  So this hasn't' been an easy year of customer service!!

Cindy Hills

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 8:55 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n19439h45@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
pstrickland@me.com?subject=RE:+SU!:+Question+of+the+Week+Reminder+for+4/13-19

Phyllis Strickland

miaguam01@...?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%204/13-19

On Apr 15, 2015, at 12:11 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml-node%2Bs1100894n19421h83@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

clindmeier@...?subject=Question of the Week Reminder for 4/13-19

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips, etc.  If we have at least five participants I can give one lucky person a FREE WEEK of SUDSOL!!!!!  Share with your fellow demonstrators.  That is what makes this such a great site for demonstrators.

Our new question is :
What has worked best for you to sell our retiring products?  Many of us need help with this.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h29@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Ellen

I look at the retired list like I look at Black Friday Sales. Most of
them are WHILE SUPPLIES LAST and as far as I know, there are tons of
people waiting at every store for those items!!!

Do I go to Black Friday sales. NO.  Do I buy things on the retired list. NO.

Ellen Williams
Stamping in North Dakota

On 4/15/15, SUDSOL [Cindy Hills] via Business Talk
<ml-node+s1100894n19450h81@.nabble> wrote:

>
>
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email
> address to: cindy.hills62@
> If just you reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL
> members.
> _______________________________________________
> I agree.  My retired sales are little or nothing.  It really irks most of
> my customers about the incolors disappearing in April when the catalogs end
> in June!
>
> Also they are really upset over the backorder list, the hurry and order
> list and the can't order list. They are so sick of list, list, list , list.
>    They don't care anymore about Chinese New Year or that the dockers can't
> get the product out of a container.  They just want their stuff.  They are
> also up in air over blendabilities.  So this hasn't' been an easy year of
> customer service!!
>
> Cindy Hills
>
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 8:55 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business
> Talk <ml-node+s1100894n19439h45@.nabble> wrote:
>
>>  Click here to reply directly to Phyllis Strickland privately at
>> pstrickland@
>> <pstrickland@?subject=RE:+SU!:+Question+of+the+Week+Reminder+for+4/13-19>
>> If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL
>> members, unless you change the To: email address to the author:
>> pstrickland@
>>  ------------------------------
>>
>> I hope someone has something that works!
>>
>>
>>
>> I used to get a LOT of sales when the retired list came out. Nothing has
>> worked the last few years. Retirement sales have basically dried up ever
>> since the Color Refresh when SU ran out of colors very soon after the
>> announcement and long before the catalog even ended. My cardstock/ink pad
>> sales have tanked since then. People just don’t want to deal with this
>> garbage.
>>
>>
>>
>> Last year when SU added stamps to the “While supplies last” category I
>> got
>> ZERO sales. I even offered free shipping PLUS 10% off and that was on top
>> of the SU discounts.
>>
>>
>>
>> People just don’t have time to deal with this hurry up and order before
>> it’s gone approach. They like to know that if they decide to order
>> something that they will be able to get it. They are not happy if they
>> take
>> the time to put an order together and then I have to tell them x, y and z
>> are gone.
>>
>>
>>
>> It also is difficult as a demo, because I used to get a decent size
>> workshop out of retired list sales to make a little $$ for new catalog
>> preorder, but it’s like playing whack-a-mole. You have to give people
>> time
>> to get their orders together after the list is posted, but then things go
>> out of stock. So all in all, that last year that I a decent amount of
>> sales, it almost wasn’t worth the hassle.
>>
>>
>>
>> I know it isn’t only me. I meet with a group of demos every month and
>> they
>> have had the same experience, so they don’t even promote the retired
>> lists.
>>
>>
>>
>> I have written to SU that they need to rethink this “while supplies last”
>> approach, at least for stamps. I understand why they do it, but they
>> really
>> toot their horn about the fact that they make their own stamps!! So
>> people
>> don’t get why they can’t make what they need, it just looks like money
>> grubbing.
>>
>>
>>
>> And I agree with what Maria said, I think that is part of why I didn’t
>> get
>> sales. If it was gone, they didn’t order something else, they got it
>> elsewhere.
>>
>>
>>
>> So my answer to this question, I haven’t found anything that works. I
>> just
>> push the new catalog instead.
>>
>>
>>
>> Phyllis Strickland
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> miaguam01@?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%204/13-19
>>
>> *If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL
>> miaguam01@ <miaguam01@>*
>> ------------------------------
>>
>>
>>
>> I hold a class featuring retiring products. Problem is... now that stamps
>> are available only while supplies last they are often already sold out.
>> Last year class attendees had them sell out between the time they started
>> and finished their order... during my class. They proceeded... again
>> during
>> the class... to EBay to find them. Lost sales. [image: 😔]
>>
>> On Apr 15, 2015, at 12:11 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business
>> Talk <ml-node+s1100894n19421h83@.nabble> wrote:
>>
>> clindmeier@?subject=Question of the Week Reminder for
>> 4/13-19
>>
>> clindmeier@ <clindmeier@>*
>>
>> This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share
>> ideas
>> and tips, etc.  If we have at least five participants I can give one
>> lucky
>> person a FREE WEEK of SUDSOL!!!!!  Share with your fellow demonstrators.
>> That is what makes this such a great site for demonstrators.
>>
>> Our new question is :
>> What has worked best for you to sell our retiring products?  Many of us
>> need help with this.
>>
>> Charlotte Lindmeier
>> Question of the Week
>>
>>
>>  If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change
>> the
>> email address to: pstrickland@
>> This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here:
>> http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-13-19-tp19421p19439.html
>>  To start a new topic under Business Talk, email
>> ml-node+s1100894n3h29@.nabble
>> To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here
>> <
>> .
>>
>
>
> emoji_u1f614.png (1K)
> <
http://forum.sudsol.org/attachment/19450/0/emoji_u1f614.png>
>
>
>
>
> If just you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
> discussion below:
> http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-13-19-tp19421p19450.html
>
> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email
> ml-node+s1100894n3h24@.nabble
> To unsubscribe from Business Talk, visit
>
Reply | Threaded
|

Bonnie Washburn

With all the challenges, I agree it's been a pretty difficult year! But try and imagine it from SU!'s side. I've worked in the service industry at a elevated level and I imagine everyone at SU! feels these difficulties on a much deeper level. I'm trying to be creative with my responses and trying to stay engaged and positive.

Hang in there girls. SU! is a very special and unique company that is trying to stay viable in a super competitive industry.

My two cents, Bon!

As for me and my stamps, we will serve the Lord.  Inklesiates 24:7

Bonnie Washburn, Sr. Supervisor

Stampin' UP! Demonstrator

3712 Smyser CT, Wichita, KS 67204

Cell: 316-640-6393

Facebook

My Web Site

Paper Pumpkin!

If you no longer want to receive messages from me, simply reply to this email with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line.

From: ml-node+s1100894n19451h98@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n19451h98@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 11:27 AM

ewilliams9780@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%204/13-19

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: ewilliams9780@gmail.com

I look at the retired list like I look at Black Friday Sales. Most of
them are WHILE SUPPLIES LAST and as far as I know, there are tons of
people waiting at every store for those items!!!

Do I go to Black Friday sales. NO.  Do I buy things on the retired list. NO.

Ellen Williams
Stamping in North Dakota

On 4/15/15, SUDSOL [Cindy Hills] via Business Talk
<ml-node+s1100894n19450h81@.nabble> wrote:

>
>
> If just you reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL
> members.
> I agree.  My retired sales are little or nothing.  It really irks most of
> my customers about the incolors disappearing in April when the catalogs end
> in June!
>
> Also they are really upset over the backorder list, the hurry and order
> list and the can't order list. They are so sick of list, list, list , list.
>    They don't care anymore about Chinese New Year or that the dockers can't
> get the product out of a container.  They just want their stuff.  They are
> also up in air over blendabilities.  So this hasn't' been an easy year of
> customer service!!
>
> Cindy Hills
>
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 8:55 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business
> Talk <ml-node+s1100894n19439h45@.nabble> wrote:
>
>>  Click here to reply directly to Phyllis Strickland privately at
>> pstrickland@
>> <pstrickland@?subject=RE:+SU!:+Question+of+the+Week+Reminder+for+4/13-19>
>> If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL
>> pstrickland@
>>  ------------------------------
>>
>> I hope someone has something that works!
>>
>>
>>
>> I used to get a LOT of sales when the retired list came out. Nothing has
>> worked the last few years. Retirement sales have basically dried up ever
>> since the Color Refresh when SU ran out of colors very soon after the
>> announcement and long before the catalog even ended. My cardstock/ink pad
>> sales have tanked since then. People just don’t want to deal with this
>> garbage.
>>
>>
>>
>> Last year when SU added stamps to the “While supplies last” category I
>> got
>> ZERO sales. I even offered free shipping PLUS 10% off and that was on top
>> of the SU discounts.
>>
>>
>>
>> People just don’t have time to deal with this hurry up and order before
>> it’s gone approach. They like to know that if they decide to order
>> something that they will be able to get it. They are not happy if they
>> take
>> the time to put an order together and then I have to tell them x, y and z
>> are gone.
>>
>>
>>
>> It also is difficult as a demo, because I used to get a decent size
>> workshop out of retired list sales to make a little $$ for new catalog
>> preorder, but it’s like playing whack-a-mole. You have to give people
>> time
>> to get their orders together after the list is posted, but then things go
>> out of stock. So all in all, that last year that I a decent amount of
>> sales, it almost wasn’t worth the hassle.
>>
>>
>>
>> I know it isn’t only me. I meet with a group of demos every month and
>> they
>> have had the same experience, so they don’t even promote the retired
>> lists.
>>
>>
>>
>> I have written to SU that they need to rethink this “while supplies last”
>> approach, at least for stamps. I understand why they do it, but they
>> really
>> toot their horn about the fact that they make their own stamps!! So
>> people
>> don’t get why they can’t make what they need, it just looks like money
>> grubbing.
>>
>>
>>
>> And I agree with what Maria said, I think that is part of why I didn’t
>> get
>> sales. If it was gone, they didn’t order something else, they got it
>> elsewhere.
>>
>>
>>
>> So my answer to this question, I haven’t found anything that works. I
>> just
>> push the new catalog instead.
>>
>>
>>
>> Phyllis Strickland
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> miaguam01@?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%204/13-19
>>
>> miaguam01@ <miaguam01@>*
>>
>>
>>
>> I hold a class featuring retiring products. Problem is... now that stamps
>> are available only while supplies last they are often already sold out.
>> Last year class attendees had them sell out between the time they started
>> and finished their order... during my class. They proceeded... again
>> during
>> the class... to EBay to find them. Lost sales. [image: 😔]
>>
>> On Apr 15, 2015, at 12:11 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business
>> Talk <ml-node+s1100894n19421h83@.nabble> wrote:
>>
>> clindmeier@?subject=Question of the Week Reminder for
>> 4/13-19
>>
>> clindmeier@ <clindmeier@>*
>>
>> This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share
>> ideas
>> and tips, etc.  If we have at least five participants I can give one
>> lucky
>> person a FREE WEEK of SUDSOL!!!!!  Share with your fellow demonstrators.
>> That is what makes this such a great site for demonstrators.
>>
>> Our new question is :
>> What has worked best for you to sell our retiring products?  Many of us
>> need help with this.
>>
>> Charlotte Lindmeier
>> Question of the Week
>>
>>
>>  If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change
>> the
>> email address to: pstrickland@
>> This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here:
>> http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-13-19-tp19421p19439.html
>>  To start a new topic under Business Talk, email
>> ml-node+s1100894n3h29@.nabble
>> To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here
>> <
>> .
>>
>
>
> emoji_u1f614.png (1K)
> <
http://forum.sudsol.org/attachment/19450/0/emoji_u1f614.png>
>
>
>
>
> If just you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
> discussion below:
> http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-13-19-tp19421p19450.html
>
> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email
> ml-node+s1100894n3h24@.nabble
> To unsubscribe from Business Talk, visit
>

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h10@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Krista Pomeroy
In reply to this post by Cindy Hills

I understand frustration when things sell out early.....but if they are long time customers, they have had since june 2013, or almost two years, to get those In Colors!! If they are new customers they probably aren't that attached to the colors,

Once the retired list comes out I only use stamps on the list to demo, watch the list closely for sell outs, and close parties quickly. Or use a hostess code so customers can finalize their order right away while still gathering orders to build hostess benefits.

Customers follow our lead as how we react and how we handle things. I choose to stay positive.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From:"SUDSOL [Cindy Hills] via Business Talk" <ml-ctnode+s1100894n19450h43@.nabble>
Date:Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 9:02 am
Subject:Re: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 4/13-19

<a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" ymailto="mailto:cindy.hills62@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 4/13-19" target="_blank" href="javascript:return">Click here to reply directly to Cindy Hills privately at cindy.hills62@...
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindy.hills62@

I agree. My retired sales are little or nothing. It really irks most of my customers about the incolors disappearing in April when the catalogs end in June!

Also they are really upset over the backorder list, the hurry and order list and the can't order list. They are so sick of list, list, list , list. They don't care anymore about Chinese New Year or that the dockers can't get the product out of a container. They just want their stuff. They are also up in air over blendabilities. So this hasn't' been an easy year of customer service!!

Cindy Hills

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 8:55 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk < ml-node+s1100894n19439h45@.nabble > wrote:
pstrickland@?subject=RE:+SU!:+Question+of+the+Week+Reminder+for+4/13-19
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@

Phyllis Strickland

miaguam01@...?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%204/13-19

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: miaguam01@

I hold a class featuring retiring products. Problem is... now that stamps are available only while supplies last they are often already sold out. Last year class attendees had them sell out between the time they started and finished their order... during my class. They proceeded... again during the class... to EBay to find them. Lost sales. ��

On Apr 15, 2015, at 12:11 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk < ml-node%2Bs1100894n19421h83@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips, etc. If we have at least five participants I can give one lucky person a FREE WEEK of SUDSOL!!!!! Share with your fellow demonstrators. That is what makes this such a great site for demonstrators.

Our new question is :
What has worked best for you to sell our retiring products? Many of us need help with this.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h29@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy Hills, please change the email address to: <a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" ymailto="mailto:cindy.hills62@gmail.com" target="_blank" href="javascript:return">cindy.hills62@...
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-13-19-tp19421p19450.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h86@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Question of the Week Reminder for 4/13-19

Karen Seitz

Each year I hold a class featuring retiring items and also have display boards featuring projects using stamps, colors, and accessories that are retiring.  It is one of my most popular events, and I feel the display boards are a great help in my sales.  SUDSOL swaps are key here!  When SU! announced last year that the retiring stamp sets would be available while supplies last, I decided that trying to plan new projects with retiring sets that were still available was like shooting at a moving target, so I created projects featuring the stamp sets I had on hand and let everyone know I would be happy to help them find an available set (if the one I used sold out) that would be a great substitute on that particular project.  I have to say, my customers were really wonderful about the availability chaos, and I like to think it is because I let everyone know as soon as I read the news about the stamps having limited availability and continued to remind them throughout the end of the catalog year.

Like everyone else, having the stamps available only while supplies last definitely impacted my sales, and the most frustrating thing for me was having to go through the back and forth with customers to revamp their orders and to re-do hostess orders.  As I said, my customers were understanding and great about it, but it was a lot of work chasing that moving target, and I definitely lost sales when things became unavailable.

Karen

From: ml-node+s1100894n19421h70@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n19421h70@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 12:12 AM

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%204/13-19

Our new question is :

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h12@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Deborah Smart

I’ve been letting my customers know about the upcoming retiring In Colours since the beginning of the year, and remind them at every class, and newsletter.  This has actually increased my sales for the last quarter – lots of re-inkers, ink pads, and cardstock sold!

As for the retiring list, I’ve told them when it’s coming out, and made them aware that everything is ‘supplies limited’, so they need to order ASAP (many are waiting up that night for me to email them the list!).

My customers have already ordered the sets that they ‘must have’, and are making lists of ‘would like’ if it goes on sale; hopefully there won’t be many complaints about ‘didn’t get’ this year! Smile

~Deborah Smart

Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 9:11 PM
To: debsmart@shaw.ca

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips, etc.  If we have at least five participants I can give one lucky person a FREE WEEK of SUDSOL!!!!!  Share with your fellow demonstrators.  That is what makes this such a great site for demonstrators.

Our new question is :

What has worked best for you to sell our retiring products?  Many of us need help with this.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h66@.nabble
Deborah Smart
Stampin' Discuss Summary Coordinator
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Krista Pomeroy

I always advise my customers to buy the reinker at the same time they buy the ink pad!

Happy Stampin'~

On Apr 16, 2015, at 5:56 AM, SUDSOL [Krista Pomeroy] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n19456h68@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

purplewine1953@yahoo.com?subject=Re: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 4/13-19
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: purplewine1953@yahoo.com

I understand frustration when things sell out early.....but if they are long time customers, they have had since june 2013, or almost two years, to get those In Colors!! If they are new customers they probably aren't that attached to the colors,

Once the retired list comes out I only use stamps on the list to demo, watch the list closely for sell outs, and close parties quickly. Or use a hostess code so customers can finalize their order right away while still gathering orders to build hostess benefits.

Customers follow our lead as how we react and how we handle things. I choose to stay positive.

From:"SUDSOL [Cindy Hills] via Business Talk" <ml-ctnode+s1100894n19450h43@.nabble>

<a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" ymailto="cindy.hills62@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 4/13-19" target="_blank" href="javascript:return">Click here to reply directly to Cindy Hills privately at cindy.hills62@...
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindy.hills62@

I agree. My retired sales are little or nothing. It really irks most of my customers about the incolors disappearing in April when the catalogs end in June!

Also they are really upset over the backorder list, the hurry and order list and the can't order list. They are so sick of list, list, list , list. They don't care anymore about Chinese New Year or that the dockers can't get the product out of a container. They just want their stuff. They are also up in air over blendabilities. So this hasn't' been an easy year of customer service!!

Cindy Hills

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 8:55 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk < ml-node+s1100894n19439h45@.nabble > wrote:
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@

Phyllis Strickland

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: miaguam01@

I hold a class featuring retiring products. Problem is... now that stamps are available only while supplies last they are often already sold out. Last year class attendees had them sell out between the time they started and finished their order... during my class. They proceeded... again during the class... to EBay to find them. Lost sales. ��

On Apr 15, 2015, at 12:11 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk < ml-node%2Bs1100894n19421h83@.nabble> wrote:

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips, etc. If we have at least five participants I can give one lucky person a FREE WEEK of SUDSOL!!!!! Share with your fellow demonstrators. That is what makes this such a great site for demonstrators.

Our new question is :
What has worked best for you to sell our retiring products? Many of us need help with this.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy Hills, please change the email address to: <a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" ymailto="cindy.hills62@gmail.com" target="_blank" href="javascript:return">cindy.hills62@...
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-13-19-tp19421p19450.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Krista Pomeroy, please change the email address to: purplewine1953@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-13-19-tp19421p19456.html
Reply | Threaded
|

donnab07

Yes, me too.  I do this for any color ink pad my customers buy, stressing that they do not want their ink pads to dry out.

Donna

From: ml-node+s1100894n19459h71@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n19459h71@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 3:59 PM

I always advise my customers to buy the reinker at the same time they buy the ink pad!

Happy Stampin'~

On Apr 16, 2015, at 5:56 AM, SUDSOL [Krista Pomeroy] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n19456h68@.nabble> wrote:

purplewine1953@?subject=Re: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 4/13-19

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: purplewine1953@

<a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" ymailto="cindy.hills62@?subject=Re: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 4/13-19" target="_blank" href="javascript:return">Click here to reply directly to Cindy Hills privately at cindy.hills62@...

Cindy Hills

Phyllis Strickland

I hold a class featuring retiring products. Problem is... now that stamps are available only while supplies last they are often already sold out. Last year class attendees had them sell out between the time they started and finished their order... during my class. They proceeded... again during the class... to EBay to find them. Lost sales. Image removed by sender. ��

Our new question is :

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy Hills, please change the email address to: <a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" ymailto="cindy.hills62@" target="_blank" href="javascript:return">cindy.hills62@...

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Krista Pomeroy, please change the email address to: purplewine1953@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-13-19-tp19421p19456.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: miaguam01@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-4-13-19-tp19421p19459.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h35@.nabble