Question of the Week Reminder for 1/16-22

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
18 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Charlotte Lindmeier
This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips etc. Your responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week.  And if there are at least five participants one person will win one FREE week of SUDSOL. And you can play Bingo with the chance of winning FREE time there as well.  Send your answers by Sunday morning.

Our question this week is:
Do you keep an inventory of your supplies like card stock, ink pads, markers etc.? If you do please share your method.  Some of us need some good ideas.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Question of the Week Reminder for 1/16-22

Brenda Crawshaw

For reinkers, I punch two ¼” circles from the corresponding cardstock and put one on the top of the reinker bottle (so I know which color I am looking at just looking straight down on them at the top of the ink pad spinner) and when I actually HAVE the reinker for the pad, one on the front of the ink pad as it shows in the spinner. This way, if I see an ink pad without a circle, I know it’s on the list to be reordered. If I run out of a reinker, I peel the circle off the ink pad, stick it to the spinner at the top and when I get the refill, put it back on. It sounds fussy but when you use the two way glue it’s easy.

For cardstock, I have all my colors in hanging folders in a rolling rack tucked under a counter. When I have a back up package, I put a paper clip on the folder. No clip, no extra. This way I flip through the folders and if someone is running low and there’s no clip, it goes on the list.

HTH someone!

From: ml-node+s1100894n33973h33@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n33973h33@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 9:09 AM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 1/16-22

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%201/16-22

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips etc. Your responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week. And if there are at least five participants one person will win one FREE week of SUDSOL. And you can play Bingo with the chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.

Do you keep an inventory of your supplies like card stock, ink pads, markers etc.? If you do please share your method.  Some of us need some good ideas.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-1-16-22-tp33973.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h63@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Brenda Crawshaw Blog: http://www.TheCrawshawGroup.com Website: http://www.brendacrawshaw.stampinup.net Contact me! Bhc62@rcn.com or Brenda@WithABirdsEyeView.com 508-628-9765
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 1/16-22

Blythe Klipple
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier

Yes, I do keep an inventory of card stock and I have all the ink pads and ink refills in Stampin’ Up!’s Color Caddy.    I keep my card stock in a very sturdy cardboard sorter in the nook created by a dormer window.  The sorter is 3 card stock sized slots across and 10 down.  I keep two packs of card stock in each slots, alphabetical, left to right.  I also have each slot labeled (computer printed) with the color name, family, and order number.  I.e. Bermuda Bay (B) 131197.  The font is large enough to read from about 2-3 feet away.  Colors that I used frequently I keep at least one extra unopened pack of cardstock; when I open that pack I reorder another.

Ink pads are stored in the Color Caddy, by family, in alphabetical order and it’s sitting on a little open cupboard.  Reinkers are on the top, in that tray, of each family group.  Each lid is labeled (scotch taped on) with name and item #.   The location of the caddy makes me GET UP AND MOVE to get a new pad or two.   And super particular me writes the color group and number in alphabetical order on the lower front of each pad for ease in putting them back in the right place.  This works great when I have guests in my stamp room.  I.e.  on the Bermuda Bay pad I have written, with a sharpie, B-1.  Daffodil Delight is B-2. etc.  I also put the labels from the bottom of each pad at the end of the stamp pad for easy identification.  Silly me also puts a small piece (1/2”) of a label I don’t use (other language) on the sides of the pads and another piece inside the pad in that little space. That way you can see at a glance that the pad you’re about to use is the color you expect it to be.  Photos on request.  I love the color caddy—and I place a Rubbermade ‘turntable’ under it for easier rotation.

I store my markers in the Many Marvelous Markers (p. 181) storage caddy that they came in.  In Colors are on the bottom rows.  Everything is neat, tidy and at my fingertips.

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Mi Wuk Village CA
blythek@mac.com (Sudsol) or blythe@stampingwithblythe.com (biz)

On Jan 18, 2017, at 6:09 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n33973h30@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%201/16-22
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips etc. Your responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week. And if there are at least five participants one person will win one FREE week of SUDSOL. And you can play Bingo with the chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-1-16-22-tp33973.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h60@n7.nabble.com

Blythe Klipple, UPDATES/FAQ COORDINATOR

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 1/16-22

Brenda Crawshaw

I think Blythe just won……..everyone else…go home.  LOL!

From: ml-node+s1100894n33975h95@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n33975h95@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:19 AM
Subject: Re: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 1/16-22

blythek@mac.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%201/16-22

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

Yes, I do keep an inventory of card stock and I have all the ink pads and ink refills in Stampin’ Up!’s Color Caddy.    I keep my card stock in a very sturdy cardboard sorter in the nook created by a dormer window.  The sorter is 3 card stock sized slots across and 10 down.  I keep two packs of card stock in each slots, alphabetical, left to right.  I also have each slot labeled (computer printed) with the color name, family, and order number.  I.e. Bermuda Bay (B) 131197.  The font is large enough to read from about 2-3 feet away.  Colors that I used frequently I keep at least one extra unopened pack of cardstock; when I open that pack I reorder another.

Ink pads are stored in the Color Caddy, by family, in alphabetical order and it’s sitting on a little open cupboard.  Reinkers are on the top, in that tray, of each family group.  Each lid is labeled (scotch taped on) with name and item #.   The location of the caddy makes me GET UP AND MOVE to get a new pad or two.   And super particular me writes the color group and number in alphabetical order on the lower front of each pad for ease in putting them back in the right place.  This works great when I have guests in my stamp room.  I.e.  on the Bermuda Bay pad I have written, with a sharpie, B-1.  Daffodil Delight is B-2. etc.  I also put the labels from the bottom of each pad at the end of the stamp pad for easy identification.  Silly me also puts a small piece (1/2”) of a label I don’t use (other language) on the sides of the pads and another piece inside the pad in that little space. That way you can see at a glance that the pad you’re about to use is the color you expect it to be.  Photos on request.  I love the color caddy—and I place a Rubbermade ‘turntable’ under it for easier rotation.

I store my markers in the Many Marvelous Markers (p. 181) storage caddy that they came in.  In Colors are on the bottom rows.  Everything is neat, tidy and at my fingertips.

~Blythe

blythek@mac.com (Sudsol) or blythe@stampingwithblythe.com (biz)

On Jan 18, 2017, at 6:09 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n33973h30@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h60@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-1-16-22-tp33973p33975.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h63@n7.nabble.com

Avast logo

www.avast.com

Brenda Crawshaw Blog: http://www.TheCrawshawGroup.com Website: http://www.brendacrawshaw.stampinup.net Contact me! Bhc62@rcn.com or Brenda@WithABirdsEyeView.com 508-628-9765
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Question of the Week Reminder for 1/16-22

Nola Burkhard
I do keep an inventory of my stamps - retired and current. Current from the Main catty are all in one bin under my stampin sideboard.  Retired - in assorted places but I have them marked as to where. My "beachy" stamps retired, are all in one bin as I love the beach!

Ink pads - current in the caddy top down. IC in the re-inker trays, Retired pads that I can't yet part with or retired IC's are in the lower half of the ink pad caddy.  Reinkers are all in a carrying case - by color family or retired.

Card Stock is sorted by color family alphabetically and in a vertical file folder. DSP - well, that's another story!!! The SAB and Occasions (or whatever mini we have that is current) is all in one big tote that I got from "big box store" several years ago that has pockets and then a huge cavity.  Current DSP from the Annual is all in an old SU! tote from convnetion or leadership that I did not go to - I had a friend snatch one up for me which then I reimbursed her for.

Current ribbons/fibers are in a small bin and so is washi tape - but all my washi is now retired.  Embellishemnts are stored in my embellishment caddy that is from SU!

Embossing folders are all stored (retired) in one separarte bin marked Embossing folders. Same with Dies.  

Wish I was more organized - but at least my SU! stuff is!!!

Doing this list makes me want to go sort, sort, sort!
Nola
Inkonmypaws - but never enough timeonmyhands!!!

Charlotte Lindmeier wrote
This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips etc. Your responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week.  And if there are at least five participants one person will win one FREE week of SUDSOL. And you can play Bingo with the chance of winning FREE time there as well.  Send your answers by Sunday morning.

Reply | Threaded
|

SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 1/16-22

Char Wilson
In reply to this post by Brenda Crawshaw

I have a 36 tray cupboard type thing, that I got years ago, that holds most of my cardstock.  It is labeled by color.  I try to keep one extra packet and as soon as that is opened, I order another. It is currently housed in the closet (the doors to the closet have been taken off for easier access).  I also have a rolling file folder near my desk that holds the basic colors like Whisper White, Very Vanilla, the Neutrals, the IN Colors, Watercolor paper etc.

I have a 30 slot, wire paper holder that hangs on a wall that holds my 12x12 designer series paper.

I keep my ink pads and re inkers in a storage unit on the wall above my desk.  It’s from Stampnstorage.com.  I keep them stored by color families.  There are labels on the sides and on the bottoms of the ledges so that I can see what colors go where when I am putting them back in their slots.

My Markers are stored in the caddy that they came in, but I keep them….but it is removed from the case and just sets on my desk in front of me.

In a file drawer under my Big Shot table, I keep my scraps in file folders by name of the color.  I try to file my scraps every couple of days or so (even better, after each session, but that doesn’t always happen).  When I need just a little bit of a scrap, all I have to do is look in the appropriate folder. 

My stamp room isn’t fancy….but everything has a place and a place for everything.  I can sit at my desk and reach into drawers on either side for tape, embellishments, and other things that I need.  My ribbon organizer, that my hubby made me (I wanted one from StampNStorage but he said “I can do that” so I let him) sits directly above where I sit for easy access.

Always looking for new ways to store things and be even more efficient.

Char

Have a great day!!!!

Char Wilson

Stampin’ UP!

Independent Demonstrator

My SU Website

My Blog

Reply | Threaded
|

Antinonem

I have the Stamp and Storage shelf so my pads, pens and inks are all stored next to each other. It makes makes it easy to get everything back in place.

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n33973h65@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <mickiant@>
Sent: Wed, Jan 18, 2017 7:45 am

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Question of the Week Reminder for 1/16-22

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h95@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

donnab07

I have the Stamp n Storage holder for my ink pads, markers and reinkers.  It sits at the top of my work table so everything is easy to reach.

I keep my 8-1/2 x 11 cardstock, organized by color, in a heavy acrylic shelf unit I got when an office supply store in town went out of business.  My 12 x 12 papers and cardstock are stored in a vertical paper holder that sits on the floor and rotates.  I got it when a local scrapbooking store went out of business.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml-node+s1100894n33973h5@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n33973h5@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 6:09 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h35@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

grantj

Someone posted this on the FB Demonstrator Party Planning Place page:

It has just occurred to me...when i have cut outs left over, stick a clear envelope in stamp set and store them there

No automatic alt text available.

The demo’s name is Jo McQuillan. She is from Australia. She posted this yesterday, but I wish I’d thought of it years ago!

From: ml-node+s1100894n33973h62@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n33973h62@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:09 AM

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h92@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

LOL! You go, Blythe!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)
Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

On Jan 19, 2017, at 1:26 AM, SUDSOL [Brenda Crawshaw] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n33976h88@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

bhc62@rcn.com?subject=RE: SU!: Question of the Week Reminder for 1/16-22
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: bhc62@rcn.com

I think Blythe just won……..everyone else…go home. LOL!

From: ml-node+s1100894n33975h95@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n33975h95@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:19 AM

blythek@mac.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%201/16-22

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

~Blythe

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-1-16-22-tp33973p33975.html

Avast logo

www.avast.com

Brenda Crawshaw Blog: http://www.withabirdseyeview.com Website: http://www.brendacrawshaw.stampinup.net Contact me! Bhc62@rcn.com or Brenda@WithABirdsEyeView.com 508-628-9765

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Brenda Crawshaw, please change the email address to: bhc62@rcn.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-1-16-22-tp33973p33976.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

wenkerc

I simply put my re-inkers on a list when I use one and see that it is getting low.  I put it on my order list and when I put in an order that item(s) is included.  I store my cardstock in wire racks similar to those found in a stamping/scrapbooking store.  I leave the new cardstock packs in the cellophane wrappers and only open when the last sheet in an opened pack is used.  I can see at a glance if I have an extra pack or need to order.   I purchased those display racks several years ago from a company in California and love them!  I have racks for 8 ½ x 11 and 12 x 12 papers. 

Cheryl Wenker

Independent Demonstrator
My blog: http://stampupwithme.com
My SU business website: http://stampupwithme.stampinup.net

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cwenker/

From: ml-node+s1100894n33974h78@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n33974h78@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:21 AM

bhc62@rcn.com?subject=RE:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%201/16-22

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: bhc62@

For reinkers, I punch two ¼” circles from the corresponding cardstock and put one on the top of the reinker bottle (so I know which color I am looking at just looking straight down on them at the top of the ink pad spinner) and when I actually HAVE the reinker for the pad, one on the front of the ink pad as it shows in the spinner. This way, if I see an ink pad without a circle, I know it’s on the list to be reordered. If I run out of a reinker, I peel the circle off the ink pad, stick it to the spinner at the top and when I get the refill, put it back on. It sounds fussy but when you use the two way glue it’s easy.

For cardstock, I have all my colors in hanging folders in a rolling rack tucked under a counter. When I have a back up package, I put a paper clip on the folder. No clip, no extra. This way I flip through the folders and if someone is running low and there’s no clip, it goes on the list.

HTH someone!

From: ml-node+s1100894n33973h33@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n33973h33@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 9:09 AM

clindmeier@?subject=Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%201/16-22

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h63@.nabble

Image removed by sender. Avast logo

www.avast.com

Brenda Crawshaw Blog: http://www.withabirdseyeview.com Website: http://www.brendacrawshaw.stampinup.net Contact me! Bhc62@ or Brenda@ 508-628-9765

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Brenda Crawshaw, please change the email address to: bhc62@rcn.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-1-16-22-tp33973p33974.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h77@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Cheryl Wenker Independent Demonstrator My blog: http://stampupwithme.com My SU business website: http://stampupwithme.stampinup.net Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cwenker/
Reply | Threaded
|

Judi Mouser
In reply to this post by grantj

Well, now, this is one those so so simple, wonderful, why didn't I think of this about 10 years ago, kind of ideas that I just went, "DUH".  

grantj wrote
Someone posted this on the FB Demonstrator Party Planning Place page:

It has just occurred to me...when i have cut outs left over, stick a clear
envelope in stamp set and store them there

<https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1103446039765698&set=gm.63842187301
1486&type=3>

No automatic alt text available.

The demo's name is Jo McQuillan. She is from Australia. She posted this
yesterday, but I wish I'd thought of it years ago!

[mailto:ml-node+s1100894n33973h62@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:09 AM

Click here to reply directly to Charlotte Lindmeier privately at
clindmeier@
<mailto:clindmeier@?subject=Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Remin
der%20for%201/16-22>  

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members,
unless you change the To: email address to the author:
clindmeier@

_____  

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas
and tips etc. Your responses are sent directly to the list and a summary of
all ideas shared is compiled and posted at the end of the week. And if there
are at least five participants one person will win one FREE week of SUDSOL.
And you can play Bingo with the chance of winning FREE time there as well.
Send your answers by Sunday morning.

Do you keep an inventory of your supplies like card stock, ink pads, markers
etc.? If you do please share your method.  Some of us need some good ideas.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

_____  

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the
email address to: clindmeier@ 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here:
http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-1-16-22-tp33973.ht
ml

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email
ml-node+s1100894n3h92@.nabble 
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here
<http://forum.sudsol.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&
node=1&code=cmV2amFuc3RhbXBzQGNvbWNhc3QubmV0fDF8NTc1NDU2NDU3> .

image001.jpg (16K) <http://forum.sudsol.org/attachment/33991/0/image001.jpg>
Reply | Threaded
|

Sue Erickson

Reply | Threaded
|

Sue Erickson
I keep my cardstock in hanging file folders in drawers on the left side of my stamping desk. They are arranged by colors, (e.g. all the greens together, etc.) with the lightest to the darkest. I keep the scraps for each color in our 6" x 8" cellophane bags in the file with the corresponding full sheets of cardstock. I don't usually keep a full package of cardstock of each color in backup but when I start to run low on a particular color I check through all the files. I keep my 12 x 12 designer series paper and 12 x 12 cardstock in plastic folders and files by Cropper Hopper.

My markers are stored in the case they came in by color family with the In Colors at the bottom and my ink pads are in the Color Caddy organized by color from the lightest to the darkest. The odd stamp pads like VersaMark are kept in the remaining slots. I have two of them and store the retired ink pads in the second one. I keep my reinkers in the retired long clamshell stamp boxes organized again by color with the lightest to the darkest. When I run out of a particular reinker, I put the empty container by my computer so I remember to order it the next time I place an order.<quote author="Sue Erickson">
Reply | Threaded
|

Beth Schreiber

Up until this point I have not kept an inventory of product. I'm pushing my business forward this year and as per my tax man's advice I will be keeping better track of what I have, what I use, what retires and what I sell. 

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 19, 2017, at 10:32 AM, SUDSOL [Sue Erickson] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n34001h6@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

akviewpt@yahoo.com?subject=Re: Question of the Week Reminder for 1/16-22
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: akviewpt@yahoo.com

I keep my cardstock in hanging file folders in drawers on the left side of my stamping desk. They are arranged by colors, (e.g. all the greens together, etc.) with the lightest to the darkest. I keep the scraps for each color in our 6" x 8" cellophane bags in the file with the corresponding full sheets of cardstock. I don't usually keep a full package of cardstock of each color in backup but when I start to run low on a particular color I check through all the files. I keep my 12 x 12 designer series paper and 12 x 12 cardstock in plastic folders and files by Cropper Hopper.

My markers are stored in the case they came in by color family with the In Colors at the bottom and my ink pads are in the Color Caddy organized by color from the lightest to the darkest. The odd stamp pads like VersaMark are kept in the remaining slots. I have two of them and store the retired ink pads in the second one. I keep my reinkers in the retired long clamshell stamp boxes organized again by color with the lightest to the darkest. When I run out of a particular reinker, I put the empty container by my computer so I remember to order it the next time I place an order.<quote author="Sue Erickson">

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Erickson, please change the email address to: akviewpt@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-1-16-22-tp33973p34001.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h68@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Shel Anderson

I have all the core colors of ink/markers/re-inker.  I always purchase the re-inker when I purchase the ink pad. I have the Stampin' Storage wooden boxes for my supplies....makes it quick and easy to see what you have.  

I purchase the new in colors when they come out.  If I re-ink a pad or marker and the re-inker is less than 50% full I order a new one on my next order.

My card stock paper is stored in the wooden shelve-it storage shelves and I can see at a glance when I am getting low on something....I simply check my shelves before I close out an order.....makes it super easy to never run out and the shelves keep my papers protected.

My DSP is stored in a 12 x 12 ziplock bag on a DSP shelf with labels on the bag.    The 6x6 DSP is on a storage shelf and clearly labeled on the outside of the book.

My ribbon is stored in a drawer so it is easy to see at a glance.

My bakers twine, thick bakers twine, twines etc are in another drawer....easy to see at a glance.

My drawers are rast dressers from Ikea

My dimensionals, adhesives, pearls and rhinestones are stored in the large stamp cases and clearly labeled....easy to find and lots of room for multiple packs on hand.

My Tombow, tear and tape, snail etc are in a drawer with refills in a box in the same drawer.

So I really do not keep an inventory....but have made my workspace extremely user friendly so I can see at a quick glance what I have and what I need to order.
Reply | Threaded
|

donnab07
In reply to this post by Sue Erickson

I store my 8-1/2” x 11” cardstock by color in a large acrylic organizer that I scored when an office supply store in town was going out of business.  The paper is stored horizontally so I can easily see when I am running low on a particular color.  I also store my envelopes there, so once again, I can easily see when I need to order more.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml-node+s1100894n34000h42@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n34000h42@.nabble]
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2017 7:16 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>

akviewpt@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20Reminder%20for%201/16-22

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: akviewpt@yahoo.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Erickson, please change the email address to: akviewpt@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-Reminder-for-1-16-22-tp33973p34000.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h35@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Denise Foor

IMG_3544.JPG (335K) Download Attachment
IMG_3546.JPG (336K) Download Attachment
IMG_3548.JPG (343K) Download Attachment

I took a couple of pictures of how I store my ink pads, 8 ½” x11” cardstock and my Framelits.  When I get ready for a class, I put all my materials in a plastic shoebox for each project.  I put the Framelit(s) we will use in one of our empty DVD cases and ask every to return it there are cutting on the Big Shot.  I always keep the DVD case right beside the Big Shot and check after cutting before the end of class.

My ink pads are on the wall to save desk space….I got these wooden cassette holders at a Thrift Store.

My 8 ½” x 11” cardstock is in a wooden paper file that my DH got me at a local auction sale (old lawyer’s office).  I love it.

And I have my Framelits on the back of an old TV armoire turned craft storage.  I covered the top 2 biggest doors with magnetic material and I’m getting ready to do the bottom 2 doors now.  I love that I can see them at a glance and believe I use them more often because they are right behind me.

Denise Foor

Stampin' Up! Paper Crafting Classes, Clubs, Scrapbooks
Shop SU online 24/7

My blog: http://www.denisefoor.blogspot.com/

My email: dfoor@...
My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/denise_foor/

Denise Foor Stampin’ Up! Manager & SU Independent Demo/Instructor Stampin' Up! Paper Crafting Classes, Clubs, Crops Shop SU online 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/denisefoor My blog: http://www.denisefoor.blogspot.com/ My email: dfoor@embarqmail.com Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!