classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Question of the Week About Craft Fairs

Charlotte Lindmeier
Our question this week is:
How many items do you take for craft fairs? If you take treat holders do you put treats in them or do you have a display with treats in them and then sell them empty? Do you put together packages of 5 or ten or sell them as singles? Any help for those of us with no craft fair experience would be greatly appreciated.

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Question of the Week About Craft Fairs

Connie Babbert

Number of items depends on how much I get done!  lol!  I do make treats, usually wrapped candies like Hershey Kisses, Hershey Nuggets, K-pods, Hot Chocolate Kits done up in some kind of packaging.  I find that my area wants them filled so they can give them as is.  Empty containers don't sell.  I usually price my items as $ for one, 2 for $.  Cards I will sell $3 each or 4 for $10.  Of course, my gift card holders are empty and I use one with a used gift card as a display.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 3:51 PM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n49658h5@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Question+of+the+Week+About+Craft+Fairs
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

How many items do you take for craft fairs? If you take treat holders do you put treats in them or do you have a display with treats in them and then sell them empty? Do you put together packages of 5 or ten or sell them as singles? Any help for those of us with no craft fair experience would be greatly appreciated.

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-About-Craft-Fairs-tp49658.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h0@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Connie R. Babbert
Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator
My Blog:  www.inkspiredtreasures.com
Shop ONLINE 24/7 at www.iluvstamping.stampinup.net
Reply | Threaded
|

grantj
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier

My daughter and I just finished a three-day fair in an Amish community. It was her/our first big show. She sells a couple of niche items -- domino necklaces and Protestant prayer beads. However, she had taken almost all of my old Paper Pumpkins that I haven't gotten around to doing. She also made up a few of our card kits. Everyone loved her beads and necklaces, but only one person bought one for her little girl. One person bought several cards. It was very disappointing. The lady that was in charge said as everyone was breaking down, that several vendors said it was not a buying crowd. We are going to try again, and she may make some adjustments to her stock. She made sets out of the Paper Pumpkins and put four in the acetate boxes with envelopes. I'm thinking it might be best to try to sell the cards as singles.

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

On September 4, 2019 at 2:54 PM "SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n49658h97@.nabble> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Question of the Week About Craft Fairs
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-About-Craft-Fairs-tp49658.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier

I have been doing craft fairs for years. Even before joining Stampin’ Up! so I feel the need to state all craft fairs are hit and miss. Especially new ones, but even the ones that have been held for years. That said...

My answer is similar to Connie’s, except that I now take candies or non-food items for my party favors since some want candy and others don’t. I display them both ways. I also take gift items, gift card holders, altered composition notebooks and more, depending on the season/occasion. Oh, also kits and handmade cards. I have a regular following for my cards. Especially the one of kind ones... even though they are more expensive.

Happy Stampin’~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

On Sep 5, 2019, at 5:54 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n49658h30@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Question of the Week About Craft Fairs

Betty Kincannon

I have done craft bazaars for over 30 years with lots of different items over the years.  I have been doing a lot of paper crafting items the last several years using SU stamps, papers, etc: a lot of different Post It Note holders, book type, acrylic frame type and magnetic frame type that have been very good sellers.  I also made coffee cup gift card holders using the little 4oz cups and they went like hotcakes.  I also sell cards which sell very well.  Some bazaars are better than others but having items that are not too expensive and are great for gifts helps. 

Betty Kincannon

Anchorage, AK

From: ml+s1100894n49666h40@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n49666h40@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 7:32 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: Re: SU!: Question of the Week About Craft Fairs

Stampinmia@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Question%20of%20the%20Week%20About%20Craft%20Fairs

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Stampinmia@

I have been doing craft fairs for years. Even before joining Stampin’ Up! so I feel the need to state all craft fairs are hit and miss. Especially new ones, but even the ones that have been held for years. That said...

My answer is similar to Connie’s, except that I now take candies or non-food items for my party favors since some want candy and others don’t. I display them both ways. I also take gift items, gift card holders, altered composition notebooks and more, depending on the season/occasion. Oh, also kits and handmade cards. I have a regular following for my cards. Especially the one of kind ones... even though they are more expensive.

Happy Stampin’~

Maria Pobre

Guam, USA

On Sep 5, 2019, at 5:54 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n49658h30@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: Stampinmia@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-About-Craft-Fairs-tp49658p49666.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h87@.nabble