Question of the Week 6/23-29

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Question of the Week 6/23-29

Charlotte Lindmeier
This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips, etc.  If we have at least five participants I can give one lucky person a FREE WEEK of SUDSOL!!!!!  Share with your fellow demonstrators.  That is what makes this such a great site for demonstrators.

Our new question will be:

When you do your card classes or stamp camps, do you have a theme and all cards or items  fit that theme? Do you just make a variety of cards or do you make all one type of card like all your cards are birthday cards etc.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Question of the Week 6/23-29

Barb Stencel

My most-attended class is my monthly Technique Lover’s class where we make an example tag that goes on a ring and three cards using the same technique.  The other class that is popular is stamp-a-stack where we are making cards with a theme (birthday, kids, Christmas, etc)

~ B

From: ml-node+s1100894n11044h46@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n11044h46@.nabble]
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2014 9:55 AM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Question of the Week 6/23-29

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Question%20of%20the%20Week%206/23-29

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips, etc.  If we have at least five participants I can give one lucky person a FREE WEEK of SUDSOL!!!!!  Share with your fellow demonstrators.  That is what makes this such a great site for demonstrators.

When you do your card classes or stamp camps, do you have a theme and all cards or items  fit that theme? Do you just make a variety of cards or do you make all one type of card like all your cards are birthday cards etc.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-6-23-29-tp11044.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h75@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Barb Stencel
www.beelinestamping.com
847-909-1718
barb@beelinestamping.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Question of the Week 6/23-29

Blythe Klipple
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier

I usually have a theme for my stampin' classes, either an event (birthdays, thank you, thinking of you) or a stamp set or even perhaps a particular Designer Series Paper.  I also belong to Class in a Flash (Amy Barnes and Debbie O'Neill) and often use their monthly tutorials for a class.

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Mi Wuk Village CA
blythek@mac.com (Sudsol) or blythe@StampingWithBlythe.com (biz)

On Jun 23, 2014, at 7:54 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n11044h31@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-6-23-29-tp11044.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h60@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Blythe Klipple, UPDATES/FAQ COORDINATOR

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Question of the Week 6/23-29

Mary Davidson

I usually make a variety of cards for my classes.  Unless it's a holiday coming up, they choose what type of card it will be - birthday, get well, sympathy - from the designs I bring.   I try to have a fast and easy card, a card I've followed a sketch to make and a technique or masculine card.  They aren't really interested in 3-D items or kids cards.  They basically want someone to think up ideas for them and visit with their friends while making them...lol.  I also try to bring an unopened Paper Pumpkin (rotating class each month) and let the hostess or one of the other stampers open it.  They love that, although I've only gotten 2 subscriptions from it.  I do that with the card kits, too, and have sold quite a few.

Mary N. Davidson
Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator
71 River Trail Dr.
Palm Coast, FL 32137
Land - 386-447-9169

-------- Original Message --------
<ml-node+s1100894n11044h84@n5.nabble.com>
Date: Mon, June 23, 2014 10:54 am
To: SUDSOL Group <maryd@stampingwithmary.com>

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Question of the Week 6/23-29

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h13@n5.nabble.com
Mary N. Davidson
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
71 River Trail Dr.
Palm Coast, FL 32137
386-447-9169 Land
386-338-2733 Cell
maryd@stampingwithmary.com
http://www.stampingwithmary.com
http://marydavidson.stampinup.net
MyPaperPumpkin.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Question of the Week 6/23-29

Patty Stanley
I usually do a variety (3 cards) and one 3-D item (like a box or a bag).

Charlotte Lindmeier wrote

Reply | Threaded
|

Debbie Dutchess

My regular card classes are a mix of cards. I do themed classes as well, all birthday, masculine, etc.
I do a stamp-a-stack twice a year, a mixed bunch and Christmas.
I have also done Product-Based classes focusing on using one stamp set to make several cards.

Debbie Dutchess

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n11044h3@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <DeeLeeD@>
Sent: Mon, Jun 23, 2014 10:54 am

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h32@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Re: Question of the Week 6/23-29

Jean Spells
In reply to this post by Blythe Klipple

I do themed stamp classes, depending on the season or other event/holiday.  I usually do 3-5 cards, including a 3-D item. I have taken a break for the summer as most of my attendees have busy schedules. I had planned to do a Christmas in July class but my grandsons from TX will be here for the month and that will keep me busy.  Besides, I used the current holiday items last year for my Christmas in July class.  Looking forward to the Christmas catalog so I can plan my September event and thinking of a catchy theme.

Jean Fleming Spells
(240) 353-3347
Supervisor
Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator
My Blog:  http://inktensestampin.typepad.com/
My Website:  www.inktensestamps.stampinup.net

Log-on to www.mydigitalstudio.net for a free 30-day trial of "My Digital Studio" and try your hand at making your own greeting cards, photo cards, journals and so much more. 

Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 08:30:39 -0700
To: jeanspells@
Subject: SU!: Re: Question of the Week 6/23-29

blythek@mac.com?subject=Re: SU!: Question of the Week 6/23-29
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@

I usually have a theme for my stampin' classes, either an event (birthdays, thank you, thinking of you) or a stamp set or even perhaps a particular Designer Series Paper.  I also belong to Class in a Flash (Amy Barnes and Debbie O'Neill) and often use their monthly tutorials for a class.

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Mi Wuk Village CA
blythek@ (Sudsol) or blythe@ (biz)

On Jun 23, 2014, at 7:54 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n11044h31@.nabble> wrote:

clindmeier@?subject=Question%20of%20the%20Week%206/23-29
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h60@.nabble

Blythe Klipple, UPDATES/FAQ COORDINATOR

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-6-23-29-tp11044p11048.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h23@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Dawn DuVal

I live in an over 55 community and teach classes at several rec centers.  Due to the number of ladies that attend I typically do four different cards.  I used to do four cards-2 of the same design however it got to be frustrating as people would be taking supplies for one card and then not put it back.  I now do four different cards and all materials go into separate boxes for each card.  The boxes are set on the table with the participants and they complete the card at their table and then swap boxes with another table that has completed theirs as well. It's easier for them and less stressful which is what its all about.

Dawn

Dawn DuVal
Shall We Stamp

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 10:54 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n11044h47@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Question+of+the+Week+6/23-29

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h76@n5.nabble.com

Dawn DuVal
Shall We Stamp
Finding Your Inner Artist...
        Unleashing Your Creativity!
Reply | Threaded
|

Kim Innis

I actually do both. Once or twice a year, I do all birthday cards. Once each year I do all Christmas/holiday cards. The remaining months, I do mixed occasions and thank you, get well, thinking of you cards. 

Kim Innis
Montgomery, OH

Sent from my HTC

----- Reply message -----
From: "SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n11044h42@.nabble>
To: "SUDSOL Group" <Kkinnis@>
Date: Mon, Jun 23, 2014 10:54 AM

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h71@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Deborah Smart

I used to do mixed theme classes, but found that my ladies then asked to ‘switch sentiments’ to what they needed (eg. birthday instead of wedding).  So now I do themed classes every 2 weeks, and stamp-a-stacks at least twice a year for mass card-making.
~Deborah Smart

Sent: Monday, June 23, 2014 7:54 AM
To: debsmart@shaw.ca

This SUDSOL program is designed to spark creative discussions, share ideas and tips, etc.  If we have at least five participants I can give one lucky person a FREE WEEK of SUDSOL!!!!!  Share with your fellow demonstrators.  That is what makes this such a great site for demonstrators.

When you do your card classes or stamp camps, do you have a theme and all cards or items  fit that theme? Do you just make a variety of cards or do you make all one type of card like all your cards are birthday cards etc.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h66@.nabble
Deborah Smart
Stampin' Discuss Summary Coordinator
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Question of the Week 6/23-29

Libby Dyson

I usually design my classes around a stamp set ‘bundle’. I ensure the sentiments I use can be changed with other sentiments available in the same sentiment stamp set. It seems to work well for my ladies

Libby Dyson

Want to own your own business, contact me.J

Order online 24/7

Independent Stampin’ Up!® Demonstrator

Blog

Libby Stampz on Facebook

Pinterest

From: ml-node+s1100894n11044h41@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n11044h41@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, 24 June 2014 12:55 AM
To: SUDSOL Group

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h70@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Re: Question of the Week 6/23-29

Sandy England
In reply to this post by Patty Stanley

Hi,

One of my commitments to myself from Leadership in January was to try and do a Special Event each month this year 2014.  So far I have met that commitment. 

When I do a Stamp-A-Stack I have a theme and do 10 cards.  Two of five designs.  One was Spring with the Occasions Catalog Stamp Sets Only.  Another SAS was half Masculine/half greeting (which for me usually means floral).  I also have done a boxed gift with 8 cards and envies.  And one special event was the Burlap Ribbon Wreath Event.  I have a SAS scheduled for July and it is going to be Happy/Fun SAS (meaning cute cards for those 9 mos. to 90 years).   

In addition, I do monthly Card (3) and Scrapbook Clubs (2) where people sign up for 6 month sessions and then renew for another six months.  During those Clubs I may do a theme like Patriotic or I may do a technique for a month and make four cards two of each design.  I do case most of my cards cause it keeps me busy cutting paper.

SANDY ENGLAND

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

(: 814.623.5028 ): 703.627.7530(C)

www.sandyengland.stampinup.net

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Sandy England
Reply | Threaded
|

Sheri Thompson
I usually do a theme, but offer different sentiments for my customers to change it to meet their personal needs.

Sheri Thompson demo since 2002... W: www.travelingstamps.stampinup.net... T: 214-556-9319... E: sheri@travelingstamps.com... Blog: www.sisterhoodofthetravelingstamps.com... Facebook: www.facebook.com/sisterhoodofthetravelingstamps... Twitter: www.twitter.com/travelingstamps... YouTube: www.youtube.com/travelingstamps... Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/travelingstamps/...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Question of the Week 6/23-29

Maria Pobre

That is what I do as well... although I will occasionally feature a technique or product instead... but not as product based classes that include the product. They don't go over well for me.

Happy Stampin'~

On Jun 24, 2014, at 10:53 PM, "SUDSOL [Sheri Thompson] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n11080h12@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

sheri@travelingstamps.com?subject=Re: Question of the Week 6/23-29
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sheri@travelingstamps.com

I usually do a theme, but offer different sentiments for my customers to change it to meet their personal needs.

Sheri Thompson SUDSOL coordinator... W: www.travelingstamps.stampinup.net... T: 214-556-9319... E: sheri@travelingstamps.com... Blog: www.sisterhoodofthetravelingstamps.com... Facebook: www.facebook.com/sisterhoodofthetravelingstamps... Twitter: www.twitter.com/travelingstamps... YouTube: www.youtube.com/travelingstamps... Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/travelingstamps/...

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sheri Thompson, please change the email address to: sheri@travelingstamps.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Question-of-the-Week-6-23-29-tp11044p11080.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Denise Foor

I usually do theme classes....it could be by colors, holidays or techniques.  For instance, sometimes I might use all in-colors or red, white and blue.  Another class might feature sympathy cards and yet another class could be watercoloring techniques.

Denise

Denise Foor
Stampin’ Up! Manager
Stampin' Up! Paper Crafting Classes, Clubs, Crops
Shop SU online 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/denisefoor/
My blog: http://www.denisefoor.blogspot.com/
My email: dfoor@
Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!
Denise Foor Stampin’ Up! Manager & SU Independent Demo/Instructor Stampin' Up! Paper Crafting Classes, Clubs, Crops Shop SU online 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/denisefoor My blog: http://www.denisefoor.blogspot.com/ My email: dfoor@embarqmail.com Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!
Reply | Threaded
|

Kelli Waters
I try to focus on a stamp set so I can offer "free" cards with purchase or offer a bonus to the class for anyone who purchases the set. I'll also do themed classes for birthday, holidays, etc. but not as often.
​Kelli Waters
Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator
(630) 561-8056
Visit my website for ideas, classes, shopping and more ---> www.KelliStamps.com
Find us on Facebook --> www.facebook.com/kellistamps