Punches

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Punches

Cindy Reven

I wonder if I can spray wd40 into the punches to make them so it doesn't get stuck or stick?

Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App.
Cindy Reven
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Punches

GrammyKaren

I use soda cans.  I punch the can a few times.  Zipper ease may help.  It is a wax pen used on metal zippers to make the pull go smoother but doesn't leave a residue.  You could try the WD40. It might leave a oily residue for a while.
Karen Bernhardt

On 08/13/14, SUDSOL [Cindy Reven] via Business Talk wrote:

Click here to reply directly to Cindy Reven privately at cindyreven@

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindyreven@

I wonder if I can spray wd40 into the punches to make them so it doesn't get stuck or stick?

Cindy Reven

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy Reven, please change the email address to:
 cindyreven@

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here:
 http://forum.sudsol.org/Punches-tp12537.html 

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h22@.nabble

To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Wilkinsonb
In reply to this post by Cindy Reven

I am not sure but what I do is punch it with tin foil, that sharpens the punch and then punch wax paper, that lubricates it. Hope this helps.
Brenda

Brenda Wilkinson
Your Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
413-203-5196

On Aug 13, 2014, at 3:57 AM, "SUDSOL [Cindy Reven] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n12537h15@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

cindyreven@comcast.net?subject=Punches
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindyreven@comcast.net

Cindy Reven

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy Reven, please change the email address to: cindyreven@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Punches-tp12537.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h61@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Amy Cloncs

Hi Cindy,

I called DS about a punch a while back, and they told me that they do stick, and if you live in a humid area it was even worse, because they develope rust inside. So I would say yes. My Big Shot was acting like I couldn't turn it any more and I thought I broke it. My husband took it apart for me and, they only thing wrong with it was it had rusted alittle, he sprayed it with DW40, put it back together, and it has worked great ever since. That was about 5 years ago. So I would say YES again.

Amy Cloncs

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 4:45 AM, SUDSOL [Cindy Reven] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n12537h20@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindyreven@comcast.net

Cindy Reven

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy Reven, please change the email address to: cindyreven@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Punches-tp12537.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h66@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Punches

Libby Dyson

I’ve done it with WD40 and it helps a lot. Just make sure you wipe off the excess and leave the punch for a while then punch through old paper such as newspaper before punching card. This gets rid of any of the oil residue. Another tip is to punch through a few layers of wax lunch wrap and to sharpen punch through foil like builders flashing. (I live in Australia so not sure all the terms are the same J)

Libby Dyson

Want to own your own business, contact me.J

Order online 24/7

Independent Stampin’ Up!® Demonstrator

Blog

Libby Stampz on Facebook

Pinterest

From: ml-node+s1100894n12537h24@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n12537h24@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, 13 August 2014 6:12 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Punches

Cindy Reven

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h70@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Punches

Keryn Campbell

I have done that with the bird builder punch when it jammed.  Worked a treat.  It took a lot of punching scrap paper to get all the oil out of it though.

Cheers
Keryn

Keryn Campbell
Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator
Manager - Keryn's Krew

-------- Original Message --------
<ml-node+s1100894n12537h94@.nabble>
Date: Wed, August 13, 2014 8:48 pm
To: SUDSOL Group <Keryn@>

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindyreven@

Cindy Reven

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h40@.nabble
Keryn Campbell
http://kerynscards.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Jackie Topa

I’ve used WD40 but don’t like the oily residue it leaves behind. I prefer to use silicone spray.

Jackie Topa

My Blog: www.jackietopa.com

From: ml-node+s1100894n12537h13@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n12537h13@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 4:22 AM
To: SUDSOL Group

Cindy Reven

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h59@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

Tina Todd

I have always used wax paper.  Also to help sharpen I punch layers of tinfoil & then to take burrs of the edge I punch thru 100 grit sandpaper.  I don't care for the residue of WD40

Sent from my Windows Phone

Sent: ‎8/‎13/‎2014 4:30 AM
To: HavinFunStampin@hotmail.com

Cindy Reven

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h4@.nabble