Punch sticking

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Punch sticking

grantj

I was lucky enough to find one of our old scallop border punches - new - on ebay for $5.00 - for a project for school. Unfortunately, the person who is helping with the project dropped it and now one side is sticking. Our school custodian has taken it apart completely and sprayed it with WD40, and it still sticks on that one side. It is the kind that was made by EK Success.

Any of you old gurus have any suggestions?

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Punch sticking

davism

I use aluminum foil to sharpen the blade. Stick a folded in half aluminum foil in the punch. Repeatedly punch on the foil Unlike you are satisfied with how it punches. Hope this helps. Mary

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 12:21 PM SUDSOL [grantj] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n55872h12@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Punch+sticking

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

I was lucky enough to find one of our old scallop border punches - new - on ebay for $5.00 - for a project for school. Unfortunately, the person who is helping with the project dropped it and now one side is sticking. Our school custodian has taken it apart completely and sprayed it with WD40, and it still sticks on that one side. It is the kind that was made by EK Success.

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to:

revjanstamps@comcast.net

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here:

http://forum.sudsol.org/Punch-sticking-tp55872.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h54@n7.nabble.com

To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

Mary Davis, senior supervisor
Stampin' in the Finger Lakes
2011 featured sewer at Convention
mdavis74@rochester.rr.com
Reply | Threaded
|

davism

It should have said “punch on the foil until you are satisfied how it is working. “

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 12:31 PM SUDSOL [davism] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n55873h43@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

marycovertdavis73@gmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Punch+sticking

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: marycovertdavis73@gmail.com

I use aluminum foil to sharpen the blade. Stick a folded in half aluminum foil in the punch. Repeatedly punch on the foil Unlike you are satisfied with how it punches. Hope this helps. Mary

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 12:21 PM SUDSOL [grantj] via Product Q&As <ml%252Bs1100894n55872h12@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

revjanstamps@...?subject=Punch+sticking

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to:

revjanstamps@comcast.net

http://forum.sudsol.org/Punch-sticking-tp55872.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%252Bs1100894n1954h54@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to davism, please change the email address to:

marycovertdavis73@gmail.com

http://forum.sudsol.org/Punch-sticking-tp55872p55873.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h54@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Joan Norman
In reply to this post by grantj

I punch through a fine sandpaper. This helps get rid of burrs from the punch.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 12:21 PM SUDSOL [grantj] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n55872h52@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Punch+sticking

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Punch-sticking-tp55872.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h94@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

--
Joan Norman
Stampin' Up! demonstrator
stampnjoan@gmail.coml.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by grantj

Sounds like it became misaligned when it was dropped. I had that happen years ago with one of my punches. My husband took it apart and adjusted the positioning of the parts for me. It involved a lot of trial and error, but eventually he got them lined up properly again. I hope you are able to get it working again.

Happy Stampin’~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

On Oct 9, 2020, at 2:21 AM, SUDSOL [grantj] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n55872h64@.nabble> wrote:

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Punch sticking
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL 62704

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Punch-sticking-tp55872.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h6@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.