classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Product Tips for Our Customers

Charlotte Lindmeier
Our question this week is:
Do you use our Stampin' Mist with our Simply Shammy?  I have been using just plain water but I’m noticing some of my stamps are getting a little stiff.  Anyone else finding this? Do you have any other tips for any of our products?

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Product Tips for Our Customers

Beverly Derringer

I use water while I’m stamping but when totally done I do condition with Stamping Mist. 

Sent from my iPhone
Beverly Derringer

On Sep 9, 2020, at 11:34 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n55357h48@.nabble> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Product Tips for Our Customers
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Do you use our Stampin' Mist with our Simply Shammy?  I have been using just plain water but I’m noticing some of my stamps are getting a little stiff.  Anyone else finding this? Do you have any other tips for any of our products?

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Product-Tips-for-Our-Customers-tp55357.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h43@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Creative Idea Shares, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Kathy Slamar
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier

I use water most of the time, but sometimes I spray the Stampin’ Mist on the Shammy.  I figure it can’t hurt anything!  I keep my shammy on top of the old Stampin Scrub and after I clean the stamp on the shammy, I then dry it on the other side of the Stampin’ Scrub (just like we use to do).  I find this helps clean in the grooves of the stamps.  

Kathy Slamar

On Sep 9, 2020, at 12:33 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n55357h26@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Product%20Tips%20for%20Our%20Customers
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Product-Tips-for-Our-Customers-tp55357.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, ml+s1100894n2h21@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard

Big gasp—-I don’t care for the shamny and don’t own one!!!
:>O
Nola

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 9, 2020, at 12:05 PM, SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n55360h36@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

kathy@slamar.com?subject=Re: SU!: Product Tips for Our Customers
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathy@slamar.com

I use water most of the time, but sometimes I spray the Stampin’ Mist on the Shammy.  I figure it can’t hurt anything!  I keep my shammy on top of the old Stampin Scrub and after I clean the stamp on the shammy, I then dry it on the other side of the Stampin’ Scrub (just like we use to do).  I find this helps clean in the grooves of the stamps.  

Kathy Slamar

On Sep 9, 2020, at 12:33 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n55357h26@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathy Slamar, please change the email address to: kathy@slamar.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Product-Tips-for-Our-Customers-tp55357p55360.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h38@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Product Tips for Our Customers

Denise Foor

Love the shammy with water for quick clean up.   Have not tried spraying it with the Stampin’ Mist, but I might try that now that it has been suggested.  Love to experiment.   I still use my Stampin’ Mist on my Stampin’ Scrub for very dark colors. 

Denise Foor Studio PA
Stampin’ Up! Manager & SU Independent Demo/Instructor
Paper Crafting & Painting
Blog:
www.denisefoor.blogspot.com/
email:
dfoor@...
Facebook: 
www.facebook.com/denise.foorStudioPA                 

Etsy:  www.etsy.com/people/denisefoor  Tube:www.youtube.com/c/DeniseFoorStudioPA

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/denise_foor/

From: ml+s1100894n55361h12@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n55361h12@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2020 4:22 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <dfoorstudiopa@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Product Tips for Our Customers

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Product%20Tips%20for%20Our%20Customers

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com

Nola

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 9, 2020, at 12:05 PM, SUDSOL [Kathy Slamar] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n55360h36@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kathy@slamar.com

Kathy Slamar

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathy Slamar, please change the email address to: kathy@slamar.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Product-Tips-for-Our-Customers-tp55357p55360.html

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h38@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Product-Tips-for-Our-Customers-tp55357p55361.html

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h83@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Denise Foor Stampin’ Up! Manager & SU Independent Demo/Instructor Stampin' Up! Paper Crafting Classes, Clubs, Crops Shop SU online 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/denisefoor My blog: http://www.denisefoor.blogspot.com/ My email: dfoor@embarqmail.com Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!
Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Stitt
In reply to this post by Nola Burkhard

I like Stampin’ Mist and use it most of the time.  In a pinch, I use just water.
I have been using a shammy from the auto section of Walmart (thanks Judy!)
And love it.  When dried it fits into Stampin’ case.  I give young stampers a
Piece so they’ll be sure and clean stamps after each use.  They can use water
If they don’t have the Mist.

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 9, 2020, at 4:22 PM, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n55361h37@.nabble> wrote:

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Re: SU!: Product Tips for Our Customers
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@

Nola

Sent from my iPhone

Kathy Slamar

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Product-Tips-for-Our-Customers-tp55357p55361.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h8@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Product Tips for Our Customers

donnab07

I use my Shammy all the time.  I find it convenient and practical.  My customers love it as well.  I cut mine in half, and place both halves in a SU! skinny stamp case.  I may use the suggestion of occasionally spraying my shammies with Stampin’ Mist, but I cannot tolerate the smell of it.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n55357h9@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n55357h9@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2020 10:34 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
Subject: SU!: Product Tips for Our Customers

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h4@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Libby Dyson

• I always use my Simply Shammy when using my Stamparatus. I have a clean side and a dirty side. Wash it out with plain tap water.
  • When using my acrylic blocks I use the Stampin' Mist & Stampin' Scrub - it does condition your stamps and gets them clean
  • If I think my stamp isn't totally clean or I just want to give it a little extra clean when using my Stamparatus. I clean with the Simply Shammy first and then transfer to an acrylic block and clean with Stampin' Mist & Stampin' Scrub

On Thu, 10 Sep 2020 at 03:34, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Creative Idea Shares <ml%2Bs1100894n55357h44@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Product+Tips+for+Our+Customers

Do you use our Stampin' Mist with our Simply Shammy?  I have been using just plain water but I’m noticing some of my stamps are getting a little stiff.  Anyone else finding this? Do you have any other tips for any of our products?

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml%2Bs1100894n2h39@n7.nabble.com

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Carolyn Jackson
In reply to this post by donnab07

I use my damp Shammy in my stamp clubs and in my workshops. I like using the Shammy because it is an affordable way for everyone to have a way to clean stamps. PERSONALLY, I like using the Stampin’ Scrub.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 9:21 PM SUDSOL [donnab07] via Creative Idea Shares <ml%2Bs1100894n55368h35@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE:+Product+Tips+for+Our+Customers

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@idahobagwells.net

I use my Shammy all the time. I find it convenient and practical. My customers love it as well. I cut mine in half, and place both halves in a SU! skinny stamp case. I may use the suggestion of occasionally spraying my shammies with Stampin’ Mist, but I cannot tolerate the smell of it.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n55357h9@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n55357h9@.nabble]

clindmeier@...?subject=Product%20Tips%20for%20Our%20Customers

Do you use our Stampin' Mist with our Simply Shammy?  I have been using just plain water but I’m noticing some of my stamps are getting a little stiff.  Anyone else finding this? Do you have any other tips for any of our products?

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml%2Bs1100894n2h4@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to:

donna@idahobagwells.net

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here:

http://forum.sudsol.org/Product-Tips-for-Our-Customers-tp55357p55368.html

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml%2Bs1100894n2h89@n7.nabble.com

--

Carolyn

Carolyn R. Jackson

Independent Stampin’ Up Demonstrator

http://carolynjackson.stampinup.net

crj@woh.rr.comarolyn.jackson.1114@gmail.com

937-307-4582

LIKE me on Facebook: Carolyn’s Creations

https://www.facebook.com/Carolyns-Creations-643171632491266/

Reply | Threaded
|

Barb Stencel

I use the Shammy with just water most of the time. If the stamp is especially inky , I will spray Stampin Mist right on the stamp then wipe off on the Shammy.

Sent from Xfinity Connect App

------ Original Message ------

From: SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Creative Idea Shares
To: Barbara Stencel
Sent: September 9, 2020 at 12:34 PM

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Product Tips for Our Customers
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h44@.nabble
Barb Stencel
www.beelinestamping.com
847-909-1718
barb@beelinestamping.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Judi Carpenter
In reply to this post by donnab07

Here's a little tip that might help you, Donna (and others who aren't fond of the cloying rose aroma of Stampin' Mist):  dilute it!  I have been doing this for nearly 19 years, and my stamps don't show any signs of abuse.  I dilute it this way:  I fill about 1/5 of the small bottle with mist, then fill with water, thus diluting about 5 to 1.  The aroma diluted is way less "rosy" and appears to do the same job.  I've been sharing this method with my customers for as long as I've been using it.  I'd rather they spend their money on more stamps!  They seem to agree.  I hope this helps you!

Judi

Judi Carpenter, Decatur, IL
SUDSOL Gallery Coordinator
Haf2Stamp Team Leader
717 Crestline Drive, Decatur, IL 62526
217-875-0092    jcarpy02@aol.com (zero by 2)

In a message dated 9/9/2020 8:21:28 PM Central Standard Time, ml+s1100894n55368h5@.nabble writes:

donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE: Product Tips for Our Customers
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@idahobagwells.net

I use my Shammy all the time. I find it convenient and practical. My customers love it as well. I cut mine in half, and place both halves in a SU! skinny stamp case. I may use the suggestion of occasionally spraying my shammies with Stampin’ Mist, but I cannot tolerate the smell of it.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n55357h9@.nabble [mailto: ml+s1100894n55357h9@.nabble ]
To: SUDSOL Group < donna@ >

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h4@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@idahobagwells.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Product-Tips-for-Our-Customers-tp55357p55368.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h59@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Dori Saltow
In reply to this post by Libby Dyson

For years I have just sprayed  water on my Stampin' Scrub then sprayed Stampin' Mist over that.  It cleans and conditions my stamps as well as my acrylic blocks.  I hardly use my Shammy unless my blocks are really dirty so I'm glad that I have it.

Stampin' in TX

Dori Saltow

On 9/9/2020 6:35 PM, SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Creative Idea Shares wrote:
libby.dyson5@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Product Tips for Our Customers
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: libby.dyson5@gmail.com

• I always use my Simply Shammy when using my Stamparatus. I have a clean side and a dirty side. Wash it out with plain tap water.
  • When using my acrylic blocks I use the Stampin' Mist & Stampin' Scrub - it does condition your stamps and gets them clean
  • If I think my stamp isn't totally clean or I just want to give it a little extra clean when using my Stamparatus. I clean with the Simply Shammy first and then transfer to an acrylic block and clean with Stampin' Mist & Stampin' Scrub

On Thu, 10 Sep 2020 at 03:34, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Creative Idea Shares <ml%2Bs1100894n55357h44@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Do you use our Stampin' Mist with our Simply Shammy? I have been using just plain water but I’m noticing some of my stamps are getting a little stiff. Anyone else finding this? Do you have any other tips for any of our products?

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml%2Bs1100894n2h39@n7.nabble.com

--

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Libby Dyson, please change the email address to: libby.dyson5@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Product-Tips-for-Our-Customers-tp55357p55369.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h15@n7.nabble.com

Virus-free. www.avast.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss
In reply to this post by Judi Carpenter

I have the Shammy and use it with the Stamparatus, but I forget about it otherwise.  I need to use it more.  And, I guess I’m weird because I like the smell of Stampin’ Mist!

Thanks for the tip on diluting it.  That will save some $$!

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
www.BluegrassStamper.com
Join Bluegrass Stampers on FB

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 9, 2020, at 10:33 PM, SUDSOL [Judi Carpenter] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n55372h73@.nabble> wrote:

jcarpy02@aol.com?subject=Re: SU!: Product Tips for Our Customers
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: jcarpy02@

Here's a little tip that might help you, Donna (and others who aren't fond of the cloying rose aroma of Stampin' Mist):  dilute it!  I have been doing this for nearly 19 years, and my stamps don't show any signs of abuse.  I dilute it this way:  I fill about 1/5 of the small bottle with mist, then fill with water, thus diluting about 5 to 1.  The aroma diluted is way less "rosy" and appears to do the same job.  I've been sharing this method with my customers for as long as I've been using it.  I'd rather they spend their money on more stamps!  They seem to agree.  I hope this helps you!

Judi

Haf2Stamp Team Leader

In a message dated 9/9/2020 8:21:28 PM Central Standard Time, ml+s1100894n55368h5@.nabble writes:

Donna Bagwell

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@idahobagwells.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Product-Tips-for-Our-Customers-tp55357p55368.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h59@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Judi Carpenter, please change the email address to: jcarpy02@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Product-Tips-for-Our-Customers-tp55357p55372.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h3@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Diane Clark

Sweet tip...THANKS!  diane clark

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Judi Carpenter] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n55372h37@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <dianecl6@>
Sent: Wed, Sep 9, 2020 9:33 pm

jcarpy02@aol.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Product%20Tips%20for%20Our%20Customers
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: jcarpy02@

Judi

Haf2Stamp Team Leader
217-875-0092     jcarpy02@  (zero by 2)

donna@?subject=RE: Product Tips for Our Customers
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@

Donna Bagwell

clindmeier@?subject=Product%20Tips%20for%20Our%20Customers

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h4@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h59@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Judi Carpenter, please change the email address to: jcarpy02@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Product-Tips-for-Our-Customers-tp55357p55372.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h67@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Product Tips for Our Customers

donnab07

Thanks for the tip, Judi!

Donna

From: ml+s1100894n55372h74@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n55372h74@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2020 7:34 PM

jcarpy02@aol.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Product%20Tips%20for%20Our%20Customers

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: jcarpy02@aol.com

Judi

Haf2Stamp Team Leader

Donna Bagwell

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

Reply | Threaded
|

Pamela Parker
In reply to this post by Dori Saltow

I use the Shammy when using my Stamparatus.  And switch between using the Shammy and Stampin’ Scrub when using acrylic blocks.   

Pam

On Sep 9, 2020, at 9:40 PM, SUDSOL [Dori Saltow] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n55373h50@.nabble> wrote:

dorisaltow@charter.net?subject=Re: SU!: Product Tips for Our Customers
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: dorisaltow@

For years I have just sprayed water on my Stampin' Scrub then sprayed Stampin' Mist over that. It cleans and conditions my stamps as well as my acrylic blocks. I hardly use my Shammy unless my blocks are really dirty so I'm glad that I have it.

Stampin' in TX

Dori Saltow

On 9/9/2020 6:35 PM, SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Creative Idea Shares wrote:
libby.dyson5@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Product Tips for Our Customers
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: libby.dyson5@gmail.com

Do you use our Stampin' Mist with our Simply Shammy? I have been using just plain water but I’m noticing some of my stamps are getting a little stiff. Anyone else finding this? Do you have any other tips for any of our products?

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

--

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Libby Dyson, please change the email address to: libby.dyson5@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Product-Tips-for-Our-Customers-tp55357p55369.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h15@n7.nabble.com

Virus-free. www.avast.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Dori Saltow, please change the email address to: dorisaltow@charter.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Product-Tips-for-Our-Customers-tp55357p55373.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h49@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris Occhipinti

I agree with this tip, Judi! I have diluted Stampin Mist for years, and it still works quite well.

I still use our Stampin Scrubs in workshops, and Kirkland Baby Wipes from Costco to help with inky finkers. I have the Shammy but only use it on rare occasions.

Chris Occhipinti
Olympia WA

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application

-----Original Message-----

To: cho1888@
Sent: 2020-09-09 7:33:47 PM

jcarpy02@aol.com?subject=Re: SU!: Product Tips for Our Customers

Judi

Haf2Stamp Team Leader

Donna Bagwell

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h50@.nabble