Poor impression with Texture boutique?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
31 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Poor impression with Texture boutique?

marycostello
I was so disappointed when I received my Texture Boutique today because it makes a very weak and inconsistent embossed impression. I have heard from two others experiencing the same problem and wondered if this is a fluke or a product failure. I used the shim with it as well and it makes very little difference. I tried numerous different folders and the only one usable was the Stripes folder. I had planned to demo this in an upcoming workshop but really can't show it with the poor impression it is making. Anyone else having issues with it?
Thanks,
Mary Costello
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Poor impression with Texture boutique?

Rachel Fae Churchill

Mary – I have the same issue with mine.  I finally put two pieces of cardboard in as additional shims.  I got an impression that was ok but it was too difficult to turn the handle and hold it down at the same time.  I was really disappointed.  I’m thinking of returning it. 

Thanks!

Rachel

From: SUDSOL [marycostello] via Product Q&As [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n5806h87@.nabble]
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2014 10:00 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Poor impression with Texture boutique?

I was so disappointed when I received my Texture Boutique today because it makes a very weak and inconsistent embossed impression. I have heard from two others experiencing the same problem and wondered if this is a fluke or a product failure. I used the shim with it as well and it makes very little difference. I tried numerous different folders and the only one usable was the Stripes folder. I had planned to demo this in an upcoming workshop but really can't show it with the poor impression it is making. Anyone else having issues with it?
Thanks,
Mary Costello

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: jomarycostello@gmail.com

If you just reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.sudsol.org/Poor-impression-with-Texture-boutique-tp5806.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h75@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

Rachel Fae Churchill
Demo ID # 9975
Lake Ozark, Missouri
IStampDesign.blogspot.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Poor impression with Texture boutique?

Jane Bone
In reply to this post by marycostello

I also had some issues, I put some extra shims in & it worked fine.  start with 1 or 2 pieces of copy paper.  Jane Bone

Sent: Monday, February 10, 2014 10:59 PM
To: rbone@tampabay.rr.com

Thanks,
Mary Costello

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: jomarycostello@gmail.com
If you just reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h28@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Poor impression with Texture boutique?

Catherine Black

I just received mine yesterday and to get the same quality that my Big Shot gives me I have included 2 pieces of Whisper white card stock plus the shim that is provided.  I am not impressed that this doesn't give you the same quality of embossing as the Big Shot.  I will be making a call to Stampin' Up! this morning, I think we should let them know of our disappointment.  Otherwise a great little machine that will be useful in classes, and at events.

Stampin' Along,
Catherine Black
-New Occasions Catalogue
-Monthly Card Classes
-Sale-a-brations-Jan 27th until March 31st
-My website- www.black.stampinup.net
-Gift Certificates available for that special someone.

On Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:33:13 AM, SUDSOL [Jane Bone] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n5811h17@.nabble> wrote:

I also had some issues, I put some extra shims in & it worked fine.  start with 1 or 2 pieces of copy paper.  Jane Bone

To: rbone@.rr

Thanks,
Mary Costello

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: jomarycostello@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: rbone@tampabay.rr.com
http://forum.sudsol.org/Poor-impression-with-Texture-boutique-tp5806p5811.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h50@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Amy Cloncs

I too had problems with it, I'm not impressed at all. Just received mine friday.

Amy Cloncs

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 11:00 PM, SUDSOL [marycostello] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n5806h59@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
Thanks,
Mary Costello

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n1954h47@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Poor impression with Texture boutique?

BobbieGanley

Try watching the video on the SU! website. They explain that it was designed to do an impression on a folded card.
If you aren't using 2 layers of cardstock you will need a shim. I don't have one yet, but I have ordered it. I have a lot of
customers that aren't interested in purchasing a big shot, but I think they might go for this it I present it right.

Bobbie Ganley
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
San Antonio, TX

On Tuesday, February 11, 2014 6:45 AM, SUDSOL [Amy Cloncs] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n5813h93@.nabble> wrote:

I too had problems with it, I'm not impressed at all. Just received mine friday.
Amy Cloncs

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 11:00 PM, SUDSOL [marycostello] via Product Q&As < ml-node+s1100894n5806h59@.nabble > wrote:
Thanks,
Mary Costello
If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: jomarycostello@
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n1954h47@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: naja@tds.net
http://forum.sudsol.org/Poor-impression-with-Texture-boutique-tp5806p5813.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h64@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Re: Poor impression with Texture boutique?

Maria Pobre
Thanks for that info! Mine should be here any day now.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)
Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

Blog:  http://www.stampingwithmia.com
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Country-Crafts-and-More/163957776947703
PartyLite:  http://www.partylite.biz/sites/miaguam

> On Feb 12, 2014, at 12:11 AM, "SUDSOL [BobbieGanley] via Product Q&As" <ml-node+s1100894n5817h59@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
>
>
> Try watching the video on the SU! website. They explain that it was designed to do an impression on a folded card.
> If you aren't using 2 layers of cardstock you will need a shim. I don't have one yet, but I have ordered it. I have a lot of
> customers that aren't interested in purchasing a big shot, but I think they might go for this it I present it right.
>  
> Bobbie Ganley
> Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
> San Antonio, TX
>
>  
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Re: Re: Poor impression with Texture boutique?

Phyllis Strickland
In reply to this post by BobbieGanley

I tried this at a demo friend's house last night.  She also was very disappointed with this machine.  She showed me the results of the different things she tried, and it turned out that the directions flyer folder in quarters produced the best results (closest to Big Shot.) for her machine.   However that made the handle harder to turn, so that might not work for people with weakness in their hands/wrist. 

The presenter in the video shows the items that are included in the box, then goes on to demonstrate embossing a folded card without the shim  and one layer of cardstock with the shim.  Nothing is said about adding extra shims if you don't get a good impression.   It seems that there might be an issue with this batch of machines.  All you need to do is look at the card in the cover picture for the video - it appears to have a deep impression just like we get with the Big Shot.

Another thing, turning the handle on this machine is like pedaling a tricycle.  You have to wind like crazy to get anywhere.  My hand/wrist got tired very quickly so I would never use this to prepare for a class or swap.   Again this machine will not work for anyone who has arthritis or other issues.  I thought it would be great to use when I am doing multiples, so I would not have to switch out plates for the embossing steps, but it is clear that will not work for me.   

I am sure some people who do not want to invest in a Big Shot will be interested in this, but will need an honest sales pitch up front or they will return it.

Just my one cent.

Phyllis Strickland
Stampin' Up! Supervisor
Goodville, PA
http://allstampingworld.blogspot.com/
Follow me on Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/pstrickland/

From: SUDSOL [BobbieGanley] via Product Q&As [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n5817h61@.nabble]

Try watching the video on the SU! website. They explain that it was designed to do an impression on a folded card.
If you aren't using 2 layers of cardstock you will need a shim. I don't have one yet, but I have ordered it. I have a lot of
customers that aren't interested in purchasing a big shot, but I think they might go for this it I present it right.

On Tuesday, February 11, 2014 6:45 AM, SUDSOL [Amy Cloncs] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n5813h93@.nabble> wrote:

Amy Cloncs

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 11:00 PM, SUDSOL [marycostello] via Product Q&As < ml-node+s1100894n5806h59@.nabble > wrote:
Thanks,
Mary Costello

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: RE: Re: Re: Poor impression with Texture boutique?

Teresa Buchholz

I bought mine when they did the trial  last year.  I absolutely love it and have no problems with it!  I keep it on my desk next to my inks.  It is one of the best tools I have purchased from SU.  It makes classes very easy, since I can embossed with it and cut with my big shot.  I have never had to use shims with it.   I have had many questions about this from my customers and now I am not sure what to tell them.  I am hoping that these comments are all related to change, which is something different than what you are used to and it just takes time to adjust to that difference.    I LOVE MINE!

Stampin' Up Independent Demonstrator,
         Senior Supervisor

Email: teresa@stampfabulous.com
         Blog: www.stampfabulous.com
        Web: www.fabulouscards.stampinup.net

On Feb 11, 2014, at 10:28 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n5824h15@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

I tried this at a demo friend's house last night.  She also was very disappointed with this machine.  She showed me the results of the different things she tried, and it turned out that the directions flyer folder in quarters produced the best results (closest to Big Shot.) for her machine.   However that made the handle harder to turn, so that might not work for people with weakness in their hands/wrist. 

The presenter in the video shows the items that are included in the box, then goes on to demonstrate embossing a folded card without the shim  and one layer of cardstock with the shim.  Nothing is said about adding extra shims if you don't get a good impression.   It seems that there might be an issue with this batch of machines.  All you need to do is look at the card in the cover picture for the video - it appears to have a deep impression just like we get with the Big Shot.

Another thing, turning the handle on this machine is like pedaling a tricycle.  You have to wind like crazy to get anywhere.  My hand/wrist got tired very quickly so I would never use this to prepare for a class or swap.   Again this machine will not work for anyone who has arthritis or other issues.  I thought it would be great to use when I am doing multiples, so I would not have to switch out plates for the embossing steps, but it is clear that will not work for me.   

I am sure some people who do not want to invest in a Big Shot will be interested in this, but will need an honest sales pitch up front or they will return it.

Just my one cent.

Phyllis Strickland
Stampin' Up! Supervisor
Goodville, PA
http://allstampingworld.blogspot.com/
Follow me on Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/pstrickland/

From: SUDSOL [BobbieGanley] via Product Q&As [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n5817h61@.nabble]

Amy Cloncs

Thanks,
Mary Costello

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
http://forum.sudsol.org/Poor-impression-with-Texture-boutique-tp5806p5824.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h45@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Coleen Astalos
Sure would be nice if there were two people who lived geographically close to each other that had one of the old and one of the new to be able to compare them side by side...   (Or someone who had the old one and also plans to buy the new one).  It would allow us to know if it's just the way they are, or if there is a production problem with the new one.  
Coleen
Teresa Buchholz wrote
I bought mine when they did the trial  last year.  I absolutely love it and have no problems with it!  I keep it on my desk next to my inks.  It is one of the best tools I have purchased from SU.  It makes classes very easy, since I can embossed with it and cut with my big shot.  I have never had to use shims with it.   I have had many questions about this from my customers and now I am not sure what to tell them.  I am hoping that these comments are all related to change, which is something different than what you are used to and it just takes time to adjust to that difference.    I LOVE MINE!
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: RE: Re: Re: Poor impression with Texture boutique?

Jan Farring

I ordered the new one and it should be here in a couple if days. And I have the old one. Will compare and lyk

Jan

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 11, 2014, at 7:58 AM, "SUDSOL [Coleen Astalos] via Product Q&As" <ml-node+s1100894n5826h67@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Sure would be nice if there were two people who lived geographically close to each other that had one of the old and one of the new to be able to compare them side by side...   (Or someone who had the old one and also plans to buy the new one).  It would allow us to know if it's just the way they are, or if there is a production problem with the new one.  
Coleen
Teresa Buchholz wrote
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: coleen@sudsol.com
http://forum.sudsol.org/Poor-impression-with-Texture-boutique-tp5806p5826.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h35@n5.nabble.com
Jan Farring Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator My Blog: www.jansstampingcreations.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Poor impression with Texture boutique?

Lois Folla
Please do compare. I just tried mine out that I received a few days ago and
I am not happy with the impression. It is so week compared to the Big Shot.
Was the first go around offered more like the impression we get from our Big
Shot?

Thanks!

Lois Folla

Reply | Threaded
|

Denise Foor
I do not have the old model of the Texture Boutique, but have already returned the new one I received.  I compared it to my Big Shot....same Embossing Folder, same package of Cardstock......packed it up and sent it back.  It was much like the old Texture Plates that we used to sell.....visible, but nothing compared to our Big Shot with our Embossing Folders.  Very disappointed since it would be great for folks that only emboss (I do have some of those customers) and for larger classes.

Denise

Denise Foor
Stampin' Up! Manager
Stampin' Up! Paper Crafting Classes, Clubs, Crops
Shop SU online 24/7
Denise Foor Stampin’ Up! Manager & SU Independent Demo/Instructor Stampin' Up! Paper Crafting Classes, Clubs, Crops Shop SU online 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/denisefoor My blog: http://www.denisefoor.blogspot.com/ My email: dfoor@embarqmail.com Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!
Reply | Threaded
|

GrammyKaren
In reply to this post by Coleen Astalos

I just received the new one so I'll put it together and compare the two.  The purse works great and I used it last week in class letting my customers know that SU was bringing the new version out.  I'll post photos in a little while
Karen Bernhardt 

On 02/11/14, SUDSOL [Coleen Astalos] via Product Q&As<ml-node+s1100894n5826h35@.nabble> wrote:

Coleen
Teresa Buchholz wrote
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: coleen@sudsol.com
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h3@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: RE: Re: Re: Poor impression with Texture boutique? Photo attached

GrammyKaren
In reply to this post by Coleen Astalos

102_1505.JPG (1M) Download Attachment

There is a world of difference in the 2 machines.  The new one will have to be shimmed in order to use it. 
I'll call DS as well
Thanks,
Karen Bernhardt

On 02/11/14, SUDSOL [Coleen Astalos] via Product Q&As<ml-node+s1100894n5826h35@.nabble> wrote:

Coleen
Teresa Buchholz wrote
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h3@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Re: Re: Poor impression with Texture boutique?

Lois Folla
In reply to this post by Catherine Black
Hi Ladies,

I just called DS and they said a lot of people are complaining and they
'checked into it' and that I the way it's supposed to work!?!?!??!  I spoke
to Quba' who's been there since 1998.  Hum

Lois

Lois Folla, Stamin' Up! Demonstrator/Manager

Email:  <mailto:Lois@StampinPress.com> Lois@StampinPress.com

Shop 24/7 At My Online Store:  <http://www.loisfolla.stampinup.net/>
www.LoisFolla.StampinUp.net

Follow My Creative Blog:  <http://www.stampinpress.com/> www.
StampinPress.com

Reply | Threaded
|

grantj

I MIGHT agree with that if others didn't have ones that worked differently. I shall have to try the one I got last year. However, I remember being rather impressed with the impression!!! LOL

From: "SUDSOL [follal] via Product Q&As" <ml-node+s1100894n5846h25@.nabble>
To: "SUDSOL Group" <revjanstamps@>
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 12:55:09 PM
Subject: SU!: RE: Re: Re: Poor impression with Texture boutique?

Hi Ladies,

I just called DS and they said a lot of people are complaining and they ‘checked into it’ and that I the way it’s supposed to work!?!?!??!  I spoke to Quba’ who’s been there since 1998.  Hum

Lois

Lois Folla, Stamin’ Up! Demonstrator/Manager

Email: Lois@

Shop 24/7 At My Online Store: www.LoisFolla.StampinUp.net

Follow My Creative Blog: www. StampinPress.com

Address: 755 Hardean Rd, Brick, NJ 08724

Phone: 732.785.1558

From: SUDSOL [Catherine Black] via Product Q&As [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n5812h88@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:37 AM
Subject: SU!: Re: Re: Poor impression with Texture boutique?

I just received mine yesterday and to get the same quality that my Big Shot gives me I have included 2 pieces of Whisper white card stock plus the shim that is provided.  I am not impressed that this doesn't give you the same quality of embossing as the Big Shot.  I will be making a call to Stampin' Up! this morning, I think we should let them know of our disappointment.  Otherwise a great little machine that will be useful in classes, and at events.

Stampin' Along,

Catherine Black
-New Occasions Catalogue
-Monthly Card Classes

On Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:33:13 AM, SUDSOL [Jane Bone] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n5811h17@.nabble> wrote:

Thanks,
Mary Costello

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: rbone@.rr

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: stamperfun@

http://forum.sudsol.org/Poor-impression-with-Texture-boutique-tp5806p5812.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h90@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: lois@stampinpress.com
http://forum.sudsol.org/Poor-impression-with-Texture-boutique-tp5806p5846.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h73@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

Tia Hurt

Another thing to check is that you're putting the plates into the machine in the right direction.  It's a subtle difference.  I was about to throw my hands in the air when I bought it last year and then got the directions out and read again, and sure enough I was putting them in backwards and they weren't running through right.

Tia Hurt
Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 11, 2014, at 1:01 PM, "SUDSOL [grantj] via Product Q&As" <ml-node+s1100894n5848h27@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

I MIGHT agree with that if others didn't have ones that worked differently. I shall have to try the one I got last year. However, I remember being rather impressed with the impression!!! LOL

Hi Ladies,

I just called DS and they said a lot of people are complaining and they ‘checked into it’ and that I the way it’s supposed to work!?!?!??!  I spoke to Quba’ who’s been there since 1998.  Hum

Lois

From: SUDSOL [Catherine Black] via Product Q&As [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n5812h88@.nabble]

Stampin' Along,

Catherine Black
-New Occasions Catalogue
-Monthly Card Classes

Thanks,
Mary Costello

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: rbone@.rr

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: stamperfun@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: lois@stampinpress.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
http://forum.sudsol.org/Poor-impression-with-Texture-boutique-tp5806p5848.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h13@n5.nabble.com
Tia Hurt Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator www.tiahurt.stampinup.net Serving the Spring, TX Area
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Re: RE: Re: Re: Poor impression with Texture boutique?

LeannaK

I just used mine today and didn't notice a change in the embossing of the paper.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: 02/11/14 11:21 AM

Subject: SU!: Re: Re: RE: Re: Re: Poor impression with Texture boutique?

Another thing to check is that you're putting the plates into the machine in the right direction.  It's a subtle difference.  I was about to throw my hands in the air when I bought it last year and then got the directions out and read again, and sure enough I was putting them in backwards and they weren't running through right.

Tia Hurt
Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 11, 2014, at 1:01 PM, "SUDSOL [grantj] via Product Q&As" <ml-node+s1100894n5848h27@.nabble> wrote:

Hi Ladies,

Lois

Stampin' Along,

Catherine Black
-New Occasions Catalogue
-Monthly Card Classes

Thanks,
Mary Costello

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@
http://forum.sudsol.org/Poor-impression-with-Texture-boutique-tp5806p5848.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h13@.nabble
Tia Hurt Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator www.tiahurt.stampinup.com Serving the Spring, TX Area

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: tjhurt01@yahoo.com
http://forum.sudsol.org/Poor-impression-with-Texture-boutique-tp5806p5849.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h82@.nabble

Leanna Kerr
Sr. Consultant~Stampin' Up!
Prince George, BC Canada
My website: www.luv2papercrafting.stampinup.net
My blog: www.stampingwithleanna.blogspot.com
Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Luv2papercrafting-with-Stampin-Up-Leanna-Kerr/320746559082?ref=hl

Lets get together and create with paper!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Poor impression with Texture boutique?

Maria Pobre
Regarding the impression when using the Texture Boutique...

So... I tested it! Mine is embossing fine! Here is a photo for you to decide...

The two on the left were done as a folded card... No shim.  The bottom one... which was the the card back... is slightly softer, but fine.  The one on the right was a single thickness done with a shim. No uneven embossing.  It does require more cranking to complete, but worth it to use in classes along with the Big Shot. And if you are making multiples then doing two at a time is nice as well. 😊

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)
Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

Blog:  http://www.stampingwithmia.com
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Country-Crafts-and-More/163957776947703
PartyLite:  http://www.partylite.biz/sites/miaguam