Paper pumpkin packaging change

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
27 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Paper pumpkin packaging change

Phyllis Strickland
I came of age in  the 70’s so do admit to a more “hippie” outlook on life such as great concern for the environment

However am I the only one who is somewhat upset – no make that very upset - That SU is switching to shrink wrapping my paper pumpkin boxes so the box won’t be marred by a shipping label or in transit scuffs.  

They just used “plastic” as an excuse to no longer provide logo bags and we now have to buy bags which is impractical.  So that looks a bit hypocritical.

The Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act has just been introduced in Congress, FYI

Does anyone have any insight into this that I missed?

Phyllis Strickland
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Paper pumpkin packaging change

Chris Occhipinti

I have to agree with you, Phyllis. I would say more, but that seems futile in this day and age, so I will only say that your sentence about hypocrisy rings very true with me.

Sent from Xfinity Connect App

------ Original Message ------

To: cho1888@
Sent: February 16, 2020 at 7:48 AM
Subject: SU!: Paper pumpkin packaging change

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Paper pumpkin packaging change
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@

I came of age in  the 70’s so do admit to a more “hippie” outlook on life such as great concern for the environment

However am I the only one who is somewhat upset – no make that very upset - That SU is switching to shrink wrapping my paper pumpkin boxes so the box won’t be marred by a shipping label or in transit scuffs.  

They just used “plastic” as an excuse to no longer provide logo bags and we now have to buy bags which is impractical.  So that looks a bit hypocritical.

The Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act has just been introduced in Congress, FYI

Phyllis Strickland

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Paper-pumpkin-packaging-change-tp51693.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h81@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Beth Schreiber

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 16, 2020, at 11:06 AM, SUDSOL [Chris Occhipinti] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51694h89@.nabble> wrote:

cho1888@comcast.net?subject=Re: SU!: Paper pumpkin packaging change
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cho1888@

I have to agree with you, Phyllis. I would say more, but that seems futile in this day and age, so I will only say that your sentence about hypocrisy rings very true with me.

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@

Phyllis Strickland

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Paper-pumpkin-packaging-change-tp51693.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Chris Occhipinti, please change the email address to: cho1888@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Paper-pumpkin-packaging-change-tp51693p51694.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h68@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

grantj
In reply to this post by Chris Occhipinti

Phyllis,

I got the impression (perhaps incorrect) that it would also protect the contents from rain & snow. Our mail carrier regularly leave our cardboard boxes exposed to the elements. I think he’s trying to tell us something,

Sent from my iPad
Jan Grant
independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860
revjanstamps@

On Feb 16, 2020, at 10:06 AM, SUDSOL [Chris Occhipinti] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51694h13@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cho1888@

Phyllis Strickland

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Chris Occhipinti, please change the email address to: cho1888@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Paper-pumpkin-packaging-change-tp51693p51694.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

grantj
In reply to this post by Beth Schreiber

LOL!

Sent from my iPad
Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860
revjanstamps@

On Feb 16, 2020, at 10:16 AM, SUDSOL [Beth Schreiber] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51695h44@.nabble> wrote:

teach57123@yahoo.com?subject=Re: SU!: Paper pumpkin packaging change
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: teach57123@

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 16, 2020, at 11:06 AM, SUDSOL [Chris Occhipinti] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51694h89@.nabble> wrote:

Phyllis Strickland

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Beth Schreiber, please change the email address to: teach57123@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Paper-pumpkin-packaging-change-tp51693p51695.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Janeth House
In reply to this post by Phyllis Strickland

Personally I was happy to see my shrink wrapped box left by my studio door yesterday because it was protected. First rainy day with a dry paper pumpkin in forever.

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020, 7:48 AM SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51693h46@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
pstrickland@me.com?subject=Paper+pumpkin+packaging+change
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

They just used “plastic” as an excuse to no longer provide logo bags and we now have to buy bags which is impractical.  So that looks a bit hypocritical.

Phyllis Strickland

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h56@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Holly Krautkremer
In reply to this post by grantj

Apparently there was a very high volume of complaints about the label being stuck to the boxes so people were not happy as a lot of people like to reuse the boxes. Also they have experienced a high amount of kits being ruined due to the snow and rain another reason why they will be wrapped. I live in northern mn and a lot of my kits would be ruined some how when the weather was bad here. While I am not a fan off the plastic at least now my kits won’t be ruin due to weather. I can’t even imagine the cost of replacing a lot of kits. 

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 10:20 AM SUDSOL [grantj] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51697h0@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re:+SU!:+Paper+pumpkin+packaging+change
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

LOL!

Sent from my iPad
Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860
revjanstamps@

On Feb 16, 2020, at 10:16 AM, SUDSOL [Beth Schreiber] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51695h44@.nabble> wrote:

teach57123@...?subject=Re: SU!: Paper pumpkin packaging change
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: teach57123@

Sent from my iPad

cho1888@...?subject=Re: SU!: Paper pumpkin packaging change

pstrickland@...?subject=Paper pumpkin packaging change

They just used “plastic” as an excuse to no longer provide logo bags and we now have to buy bags which is impractical.  So that looks a bit hypocritical.

Phyllis Strickland

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Beth Schreiber, please change the email address to: teach57123@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Paper-pumpkin-packaging-change-tp51693p51695.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Paper-pumpkin-packaging-change-tp51693p51697.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h86@n7.nabble.com
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and Creative Coach
Holly Krautkremer
My Blog http://rubberredneck.typepad.com
Shop with me! ShopRubberRedneck.com
Join My Team HERE
My Etsy Store HERE
The Rubber Redneck STAMPede On-line Class Visit HERE!
Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss

I re-use my PP boxes to provide welcome kits for the residents of our local VA home and we are planning to use some for supplies for the homeless and small gifts for a local child abuse shelter.

Although I’m a big advocate of saving the earth, I’m happy that the labels will no longer be affixed to the box!  

Jeanne Moss

On Feb 16, 2020, at 11:28 AM, SUDSOL [Holly Krautkremer] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51699h10@.nabble> wrote:

rubberredneck@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Paper pumpkin packaging change
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: rubberredneck@

Apparently there was a very high volume of complaints about the label being stuck to the boxes so people were not happy as a lot of people like to reuse the boxes. Also they have experienced a high amount of kits being ruined due to the snow and rain another reason why they will be wrapped. I live in northern mn and a lot of my kits would be ruined some how when the weather was bad here. While I am not a fan off the plastic at least now my kits won’t be ruin due to weather. I can’t even imagine the cost of replacing a lot of kits.

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 10:20 AM SUDSOL [grantj] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51697h0@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re:+SU!:+Paper+pumpkin+packaging+change
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

LOL!

Sent from my iPad
Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860
revjanstamps@

teach57123@...?subject=Re: SU!: Paper pumpkin packaging change

Sent from my iPad

cho1888@...?subject=Re: SU!: Paper pumpkin packaging change

pstrickland@...?subject=Paper pumpkin packaging change

I came of age in the 70’s so do admit to a more “hippie” outlook on life such as great concern for the environment

They just used “plastic” as an excuse to no longer provide logo bags and we now have to buy bags which is impractical. So that looks a bit hypocritical.

Phyllis Strickland

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Paper-pumpkin-packaging-change-tp51693p51697.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h86@n7.nabble.com
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and Creative Coach
Holly Krautkremer
My Blog http://rubberredneck.typepad.com
Shop with me! ShopRubberRedneck.com
Join My Team HERE
My Etsy Store HERE
The Rubber Redneck STAMPede On-line Class Visit HERE!

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Holly Krautkremer, please change the email address to: rubberredneck@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Paper-pumpkin-packaging-change-tp51693p51699.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h34@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Brenda Crawshaw

Actually, I think the move to wrap them in plastic is a smart one. They've had to replace a huge increase in numbers of kits in the past year (probably due to less and less attentive service by the postal system) and the environmental cost of shipping and delivering those replacement kits outweighs the environmental cost of the plastic. Not to mention the savings to the bottom line of this product offering from Stampin' Up!.....

If the kits are wrapped, there is no need to put them in a logo bag. 

From: "SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n51693h53@.nabble>
To: "SUDSOL Group" <bhc62@>
Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2020 10:48:00 AM

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: pstrickland@
If just you reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members.

However am I the only one who is somewhat upset – no make that very upset -
That SU is switching to shrink wrapping my paper pumpkin boxes so the box
won’t be marred by a shipping label or in transit scuffs.  

They just used “plastic” as an excuse to no longer provide logo bags and we
now have to buy bags which is impractical.  So that looks a bit
hypocritical.

The Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act has just been introduced in
Congress, FYI

Phyllis Strickland

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h63@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, visit
Brenda Crawshaw Blog: http://www.TheCrawshawGroup.com Website: http://www.brendacrawshaw.stampinup.net Contact me! Bhc62@rcn.com or Brenda@TheCrawshawGroup.com 508-628-9765
Reply | Threaded
|

Phyllis Strickland

Ok. Thanks for the feedback. Have not experienced damage other than dented corners, which no one cared about, so was not aware that is an issue.   I did not think such a huge number of ppl actually attempt to reuse an orange box with large plastic branding and product information as part of the box design. 

I have never found them useful, whereas I love to reuse my beauty box subscription lidded neutral or useful color boxes which have small branding logos as they make very elegant packaging. 

If there is that much damage and a large number of subscribers actually reuse the boxes, I can see that it possibly offsets the damage from the plastic

Thank you for pointing out the other side of the issue.    
Phyllis

On Feb 16, 2020, at 12:06 PM, SUDSOL [Brenda Crawshaw] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51701h65@.nabble> wrote:

bhc62@rcn.com?subject=Re: SU!: Paper pumpkin packaging change
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: bhc62@

Actually, I think the move to wrap them in plastic is a smart one. They've had to replace a huge increase in numbers of kits in the past year (probably due to less and less attentive service by the postal system) and the environmental cost of shipping and delivering those replacement kits outweighs the environmental cost of the plastic. Not to mention the savings to the bottom line of this product offering from Stampin' Up!.....

From: "SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n51693h53@.nabble>

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: pstrickland@

hypocritical.

Congress, FYI

Phyllis Strickland

Brenda Crawshaw Blog: http://www.TheCrawshawGroup.com Website: http://www.brendacrawshaw.stampinup.net Contact me! Bhc62@ or Brenda@ 508-628-9765

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Brenda Crawshaw, please change the email address to: bhc62@rcn.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Paper-pumpkin-packaging-change-tp51693p51701.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h27@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Paper pumpkin packaging change, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Phyllis Strickland
In reply to this post by grantj

I did not think of that since my mailman puts them in my mailbox and customers have not complained. Not that I have many subscribers

That does make sense when  lots of kits are left exposed to the elements

Thanks for pointing that out - it’s why i asked if I’m missing something

It just struck me cuz they eliminated plastic logo bags with a spiel  about plastic....    

Phyllis Strickland
Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 16, 2020, at 11:20 AM, SUDSOL [grantj] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51696h10@.nabble> wrote:

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re: SU!: Paper pumpkin packaging change
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@

Phyllis,

I got the impression (perhaps incorrect) that it would also protect the contents from rain & snow. Our mail carrier regularly leave our cardboard boxes exposed to the elements. I think he’s trying to tell us something,

Sent from my iPad
Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860
revjanstamps@

On Feb 16, 2020, at 10:06 AM, SUDSOL [Chris Occhipinti] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51694h13@.nabble> wrote:

Phyllis Strickland

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Paper-pumpkin-packaging-change-tp51693p51696.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Nola Burkhard

My mailbox is big enough for then to get into - but on many occasion they have arrived damaged - corners bent, flaps bent, etc.
While I don’t normally use my leftover boxes I have a customer who does - and she wants hers to be in very good condition.
Mine has not arrived yet —interested in seeing how it looks. 
I do like the idea of the mailing label NOT being on the box - never really liked that at all - when I put them in the recycle bin - then everyone knows my address.
Nola

On Feb 16, 2020, at 11:12 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51705h31@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Paper%20pumpkin%20packaging%20change
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

I did not think of that since my mailman puts them in my mailbox and customers have not complained. Not that I have many subscribers

That does make sense when  lots of kits are left exposed to the elements

Thanks for pointing that out - it’s why i asked if I’m missing something

It just struck me cuz they eliminated plastic logo bags with a spiel  about plastic....    

Phyllis Strickland
Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 16, 2020, at 11:20 AM, SUDSOL [grantj] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51696h10@.nabble> wrote:

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re: SU!: Paper pumpkin packaging change
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@

Phyllis,

Sent from my iPad
Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860
revjanstamps@

Phyllis Strickland

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Paper-pumpkin-packaging-change-tp51693p51696.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Paper-pumpkin-packaging-change-tp51693p51705.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com

Nola J. Burkhard
Prescott, AZ
978-846-2046
nolaburkhard@icloud.com
SU! Demo since 2005
Etsy shop: Inkonmypaws

Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss

Phyllis, because the boxes are made with no adhesive, they are easily turned inside out to be decorated anyway you choose!

Jeanne Moss

On Feb 16, 2020, at 1:04 PM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51704h65@.nabble> wrote:

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Re: SU!: Paper pumpkin packaging change

Ok. Thanks for the feedback. Have not experienced damage other than dented corners, which no one cared about, so was not aware that is an issue.   I did not think such a huge number of ppl actually attempt to reuse an orange box with large plastic branding and product information as part of the box design. 

I have never found them useful, whereas I love to reuse my beauty box subscription lidded neutral or useful color boxes which have small branding logos as they make very elegant packaging. 

If there is that much damage and a large number of subscribers actually reuse the boxes, I can see that it possibly offsets the damage from the plastic

Phyllis

On Feb 16, 2020, at 12:06 PM, SUDSOL [Brenda Crawshaw] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51701h65@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: bhc62@

hypocritical.

Congress, FYI

Phyllis Strickland

Brenda Crawshaw Blog: http://www.TheCrawshawGroup.com Website: http://www.brendacrawshaw.stampinup.net Contact me! Bhc62@ or Brenda@ 508-628-9765

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Brenda Crawshaw, please change the email address to: bhc62@rcn.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Paper-pumpkin-packaging-change-tp51693p51701.html

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Paper-pumpkin-packaging-change-tp51693p51704.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Beverly Derringer

I am glad to read about the recycling of the boxes. Also glad that many of you receive your boxes in good condition, I do not. some of the boxes I receive are crushed and unusable.  This last year I have received 2 boxes where the seals are cut/broken and boxes are open. Turning a box inside out, mine always crack at the seams and I still need to figure out how to eliminate the label on the inside now.  If someone has a good tip on removing the label. Please share. 

Sent from my iPhone
Beverly Derringer

On Feb 16, 2020, at 12:16 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51707h98@.nabble> wrote:

stampingal@live.com?subject=Re: SU!: Paper pumpkin packaging change
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@

Phyllis, because the boxes are made with no adhesive, they are easily turned inside out to be decorated anyway you choose!

Jeanne Moss

On Feb 16, 2020, at 1:04 PM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51704h65@.nabble> wrote:

Phyllis

hypocritical.

Congress, FYI

Phyllis Strickland

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Paper-pumpkin-packaging-change-tp51693p51704.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Paper-pumpkin-packaging-change-tp51693p51707.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h74@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Carole Fineberg

I would be in favor of the exterior plastic wrap, if they wouldn't also shrink wrap the contents.  Perhaps the exterior plastic wrap is IN PLACE OF the interior wrap of the PP kit?  

The argument that the kit would get ruined in bad weather is moot because all that would be ruined is the outer box and the tissue paper, since everything else is already in plastic, except the stamp set and the Stampin'Spot, which would never be ruined by getting wet.

I re-use the boxes all the time and I cover them with old DSP, right over that shipping label, so my question is... is this another excuse to raise the pricing again?

Carole Fineberg
Reno, NV

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 7:48 AM SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n51693h48@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
pstrickland@me.com?subject=Paper+pumpkin+packaging+change

Phyllis Strickland

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h58@n7.nabble.com

--
Carole Fineberg
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Reno, NV
775-622-9811
email:  cardsbycarole@aol.com

Although it may not always be wrapped in a bow, life is always a gift.
Carole Fineberg Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Reno, NV website/blog: http://CardmakingByCarole.com email: cardmakingbycarole@gmail.com Although it may not always be wrapped in a bow, life is always a gift.
Reply | Threaded
|

Catherine Harwood

I actually prefer having the box shrink wrapped so it’s easier to re-purpose and reuse the box — which was very difficult to do when the label was stuck on it and would not peel off. This way I can decorate the box and use it for gifts and other things. 

I thought about the issue of that extra plastic that gets to the landfill because of the added wrap, and decided that the trade off for the environment is worth it since the box is cardboard and will be easier to reuse — and also easier to recycle without that sticky label.

Catherine Harwood, Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator
Merritt Island on Florida's Space Coast
charwood@earthlink.net

On Feb 16, 2020, at 10:47 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51693h84@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Paper%20pumpkin%20packaging%20change

Phyllis Strickland

To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h94@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Robin Messenheimer

My PP boxes are frequently squished from having been rained on, this time they were in perfect condition.

There has been some discussion about plastic bags. Where I live plastic bags with handle openings are banned because they frequently blow around our woods and get tangled up in trees and such. It’s not just that they’re ugly in our beautiful tropical environment, but both land and sea animals get tangled up in them, too. There are other things, such as fishing line, that tangles, also. But we can do something about the plastic bags - I.e., not have them around.

Robin

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 16, 2020, at 08:04, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51704h93@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Phyllis

hypocritical.

Congress, FYI

Phyllis Strickland

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h62@n7.nabble.com
Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Phyllis Strickland
In reply to this post by Jeanne Moss

I have done that a few times.  they tend to break at the folds, but mainly then the inside is not very attractive with the shiny orange and big paper pumpkin.  But it’s great that it works for so many other ppl.

On Feb 16, 2020, at 2:16 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51707h51@.nabble> wrote

Jeanne Moss

>> On Feb 16, 2020, at 1:04 PM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51704h65@.nabble> wrote:
>> Ss

> Ok. Thanks for the feedback. Have not experienced damage other than dented corners, which no one cared about, so was not aware that is an issue.   I did not think such a huge number of ppl actually attempt to reuse an orange box with large plastic branding and product information as part of the box design.
>
> I have never found them useful, whereas I love to reuse my beauty box subscription lidded neutral or useful color boxes which have small branding logos as they make very elegant packaging.
>
> If there is that much damage and a large number of subscribers actually reuse the boxes, I can see that it possibly offsets the damage from the plastic
>
> Thank you for pointing out the other side of the issue.    
> Phyllis
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Beverly Derringer

I’ve read that some use a hair dryer or heat gun to loosen the adhesive and then they can easily peel the label off. I haven’t tried it myself yet. I’ve just scraped/torn off the portion with my address. Works for me.

Happy Stampin’~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

On Feb 17, 2020, at 3:38 AM, SUDSOL [Beverly Derringer] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51708h80@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

bevderringer@yahoo.com?subject=Re: SU!: Paper pumpkin packaging change
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: bevderringer@yahoo.com

I am glad to read about the recycling of the boxes. Also glad that many of you receive your boxes in good condition, I do not. some of the boxes I receive are crushed and unusable.  This last year I have received 2 boxes where the seals are cut/broken and boxes are open. Turning a box inside out, mine always crack at the seams and I still need to figure out how to eliminate the label on the inside now.  If someone has a good tip on removing the label. Please share. 

Sent from my iPhone
Beverly Derringer

On Feb 16, 2020, at 12:16 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51707h98@.nabble> wrote:

stampingal@live.com?subject=Re: SU!: Paper pumpkin packaging change
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@

Jeanne Moss

Phyllis

hypocritical.

Congress, FYI

Phyllis Strickland

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Paper-pumpkin-packaging-change-tp51693p51707.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h74@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Beverly Derringer, please change the email address to: bevderringer@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Paper-pumpkin-packaging-change-tp51693p51708.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Robin Messenheimer

Same here on Guam!

Happy Stampin’~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

On Feb 17, 2020, at 5:00 AM, SUDSOL [Robin Messenheimer] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51711h73@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

rmessenheimer@earthlink.net?subject=Re: SU!: Paper pumpkin packaging change
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net

My PP boxes are frequently squished from having been rained on, this time they were in perfect condition.

There has been some discussion about plastic bags. Where I live plastic bags with handle openings are banned because they frequently blow around our woods and get tangled up in trees and such. It’s not just that they’re ugly in our beautiful tropical environment, but both land and sea animals get tangled up in them, too. There are other things, such as fishing line, that tangles, also. But we can do something about the plastic bags - I.e., not have them around.

Robin

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 16, 2020, at 08:04, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n51704h93@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Phyllis

hypocritical.

Congress, FYI

Phyllis Strickland

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h62@n7.nabble.com
Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Robin Messenheimer, please change the email address to: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Paper-pumpkin-packaging-change-tp51693p51711.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@n7.nabble.com