PROGRAM: UPDATES: January 19, 2015: Additional Stamps in Painted Petals Photopolymer Set

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

PROGRAM: UPDATES: January 19, 2015: Additional Stamps in Painted Petals Photopolymer Set

Blythe Klipple

Additional Stamps in Painted Petals Photopolymer Set

January 19, 2015

It was recently brought to our attention that there are five more stamps in the Painted Petals Photopolymer Stamp Set than in the Painted Petals Rubber Stamp Set (18 pieces versus 13 pieces). This isn't the result of additional stamp imagery, but rather how the stamps were manufactured. Please note that this discrepancy, in no way, affects how the images are stamped, but only how many pieces are in the set. We have since corrected this error, and once our current inventory of the photopolymer set is depleted, the 13-piece version will begin shipping.

In the meantime, we have created a new stamp set cover that indicates the set has 18 pieces, which you may download and print at home, if you would like. See it here.

Blythe Klipple
Updates Coordinator
blythek@mac.com

Blythe Klipple, UPDATES/FAQ COORDINATOR

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: PROGRAM: UPDATES: January 19, 2015: Additional Stamps in Painted Petals Photopolymer Set

Phyllis Strickland

I have to say it - this makes no sense. It sounds like politic speak.   If there is no error why are they changing it from 18 piece to 13 piece

@@

Phyllis Strickland
Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 20, 2015, at 6:31 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via What's new at SU! <ml-node+s1100894n17007h51@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

blythek@mac.com?subject=PROGRAM: UPDATES: January 19, 2015: Additional Stamps in Painted Petals Photopolymer Set
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

January 19, 2015

It was recently brought to our attention that there are five more stamps in the Painted Petals Photopolymer Stamp Set than in the Painted Petals Rubber Stamp Set (18 pieces versus 13 pieces). This isn't the result of additional stamp imagery, but rather how the stamps were manufactured. Please note that this discrepancy, in no way, affects how the images are stamped, but only how many pieces are in the set. We have since corrected this error, and once our current inventory of the photopolymer set is depleted, the 13-piece version will begin shipping.

In the meantime, we have created a new stamp set cover that indicates the set has 18 pieces, which you may download and print at home, if you would like. See it here.

Blythe Klipple
Updates Coordinator

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/PROGRAM-UPDATES-January-19-2015-Additional-Stamps-in-Painted-Petals-Photopolymer-Set-tp17007.html
To start a new topic under What's new at SU!, email ml-node+s1100894n1663h87@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from What's new at SU!, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: PROGRAM: UPDATES: January 19, 2015: Additional Stamps in Painted Petals Photopolymer Set

teri Hopkins

I thought the same thing.  I believe the 'cluster' of flowers (apparently separate stamps on the photopolymer sets) was meant to overlay on the leaf 'cluster'; so instead, one has to figure out where each goes in order to get that effect?

Who is going to purchase these 'error' sets?  I, for one, will wait until the current inventory is depleted (not that they'll necessarily let us know when -or if- that happens), buy the clear set (not a great choice since it's a Two-step set), or skip purchasing it altogether.  L

Personally, I think they should scrap the 18 piece stamp sets, take the hit financially, and gain some good will among their customers (including us demonstrators)!

~ Teri Hopkins

San Antonio, TX area  

From: ml-node+s1100894n17014h56@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n17014h56@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 8:33 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: Re: SU!: PROGRAM: UPDATES: January 19, 2015: Additional Stamps in Painted Petals Photopolymer Set

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20PROGRAM:%20UPDATES:%20%20January%2019,%202015:%20%20Additional%20Stamps%20in%20Painted%20Petals%20Photopolymer%20Set

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

I have to say it - this makes no sense. It sounds like politic speak.   If there is no error why are they changing it from 18 piece to 13 piece

@@

Phyllis Strickland

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 20, 2015, at 6:31 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via What's new at SU! <ml-node+s1100894n17007h51@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

blythek@mac.com?subject=PROGRAM: UPDATES: January 19, 2015: Additional Stamps in Painted Petals Photopolymer Set

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

January 19, 2015

Blythe Klipple

Updates Coordinator

blythek@mac.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/PROGRAM-UPDATES-January-19-2015-Additional-Stamps-in-Painted-Petals-Photopolymer-Set-tp17007.html

To start a new topic under What's new at SU!, email ml-node+s1100894n1663h87@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/PROGRAM-UPDATES-January-19-2015-Additional-Stamps-in-Painted-Petals-Photopolymer-Set-tp17007p17014.html

To start a new topic under What's new at SU!, email ml-node+s1100894n1663h75@n5.nabble.com

~ Teri Hopkins Supervisor in San Antonio, TX
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: PROGRAM: UPDATES: January 19, 2015: Additional Stamps in Painted Petals Photopolymer Set

Beth Schreiber

Interesting...I got that set ages ago and it's only 13 stamps!

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 20, 2015, at 11:45 PM, SUDSOL [teri Hopkins] via What's new at SU! <ml-node+s1100894n17018h33@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

teri@bramblelane.com?subject=RE: SU!: PROGRAM: UPDATES: January 19, 2015: Additional Stamps in Painted Petals Photopolymer Set
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: teri@bramblelane.com

I thought the same thing.  I believe the 'cluster' of flowers (apparently separate stamps on the photopolymer sets) was meant to overlay on the leaf 'cluster'; so instead, one has to figure out where each goes in order to get that effect?

Who is going to purchase these 'error' sets?  I, for one, will wait until the current inventory is depleted (not that they'll necessarily let us know when -or if- that happens), buy the clear set (not a great choice since it's a Two-step set), or skip purchasing it altogether.  L

Personally, I think they should scrap the 18 piece stamp sets, take the hit financially, and gain some good will among their customers (including us demonstrators)!

~ Teri Hopkins

San Antonio, TX area  

From: ml-node+s1100894n17014h56@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n17014h56@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 8:33 PM
Subject: Re: SU!: PROGRAM: UPDATES: January 19, 2015: Additional Stamps in Painted Petals Photopolymer Set

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20PROGRAM:%20UPDATES:%20%20January%2019,%202015:%20%20Additional%20Stamps%20in%20Painted%20Petals%20Photopolymer%20Set

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

@@

Phyllis Strickland

Sent from my iPhone

January 19, 2015

Blythe Klipple

Updates Coordinator

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/PROGRAM-UPDATES-January-19-2015-Additional-Stamps-in-Painted-Petals-Photopolymer-Set-tp17007p17014.html

To start a new topic under What's new at SU!, email ml-node+s1100894n1663h75@n5.nabble.com

~ Teri Hopkins Supervisor in San Antonio, TX

If you want the reply to go ONLY to teri Hopkins, please change the email address to: teri@bramblelane.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/PROGRAM-UPDATES-January-19-2015-Additional-Stamps-in-Painted-Petals-Photopolymer-Set-tp17007p17018.html
To start a new topic under What's new at SU!, email ml-node+s1100894n1663h28@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Blythe Klipple

I wonder why they don't just replace the two images that were split... like they replaced the one image from the Keepsake Ornament set a couple years ago. From what I understand the photopolymer are cheaper to make... and it would be a much better solution PR-wise.

Happy Stampin'~

On Jan 21, 2015, at 9:31 AM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via What's new at SU! <ml-node+s1100894n17007h49@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

January 19, 2015

Blythe Klipple
Updates Coordinator

To start a new topic under What's new at SU!, email ml-node+s1100894n1663h85@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: PROGRAM: UPDATES: January 19, 2015: Additional Stamps in Painted Petals Photopolymer Set

Diane Harman

I think the PhotoP ones either might tear or not fall into the correct shape when trying to manipulate them onto the block with that much clear space between them. I think that is why they were made as single stamps. SU must feel that we have stupid customers or something. Why they don’t think (or trust) we could explain to our customers that the PhotoP needs to be separate, and that the rubber needs to be together is beyond me.

Diane

From: ml-node+s1100894n17050h24@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n17050h24@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 6:30 PM

miaguam01@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20PROGRAM:%20UPDATES:%20%20January%2019,%202015:%20%20Additional%20Stamps%20in%20Painted%20Petals%20Photopolymer%20Set

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: miaguam01@yahoo.com

I wonder why they don't just replace the two images that were split... like they replaced the one image from the Keepsake Ornament set a couple years ago. From what I understand the photopolymer are cheaper to make... and it would be a much better solution PR-wise.

Happy Stampin'~

On Jan 21, 2015, at 9:31 AM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via What's new at SU! <ml-node+s1100894n17007h49@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

January 19, 2015

Blythe Klipple

Updates Coordinator

blythek@mac.com

To start a new topic under What's new at SU!, email ml-node+s1100894n1663h85@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: miaguam01@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/PROGRAM-UPDATES-January-19-2015-Additional-Stamps-in-Painted-Petals-Photopolymer-Set-tp17007p17050.html

To start a new topic under What's new at SU!, email ml-node+s1100894n1663h27@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

I hadn't thought about that!

Happy Stamping~
Maria Pobre

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 22, 2015, at 10:34 PM, SUDSOL [Diane Harman] via What's new at SU! <ml-node+s1100894n17068h40@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

stampindiane@twc.com?subject=RE: SU!: PROGRAM: UPDATES: January 19, 2015: Additional Stamps in Painted Petals Photopolymer Set
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampindiane@twc.com

I think the PhotoP ones either might tear or not fall into the correct shape when trying to manipulate them onto the block with that much clear space between them. I think that is why they were made as single stamps. SU must feel that we have stupid customers or something. Why they don’t think (or trust) we could explain to our customers that the PhotoP needs to be separate, and that the rubber needs to be together is beyond me.

Diane

From: ml-node+s1100894n17050h24@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n17050h24@.nabble]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 6:30 PM

miaguam01@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20PROGRAM:%20UPDATES:%20%20January%2019,%202015:%20%20Additional%20Stamps%20in%20Painted%20Petals%20Photopolymer%20Set

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: miaguam01@yahoo.com

Happy Stampin'~

January 19, 2015

Blythe Klipple

Updates Coordinator

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: miaguam01@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/PROGRAM-UPDATES-January-19-2015-Additional-Stamps-in-Painted-Petals-Photopolymer-Set-tp17007p17050.html

To start a new topic under What's new at SU!, email ml-node+s1100894n1663h27@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Harman, please change the email address to: stampindiane@twc.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/PROGRAM-UPDATES-January-19-2015-Additional-Stamps-in-Painted-Petals-Photopolymer-Set-tp17007p17068.html